• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Does anyone play this game anymore? I bought Tekken 6 for the PS3. My first Tekken ever. I always wanted to play it and screwed around with Tekken 2 back in day couple of times.

As a SF fan, I have no clue as to the mechanics of the game. SF4 doesn't have a tutorial mode, but it has the challenge mode where it teaches you the character moves. I went to training mode and I pulled up a command list that spans the entire globe. I checked out tekken zaibatsu, but it was hard to navigate and find information for new Tekken players. I watched a couple of youtube tutorials, but I feel like it's above what I understand.

Basically, I need some resources to help me how to play this game. :lol Is the strategy guide worth buying? I really want to learn this fighting game and give it a fair shot. Someone help me....

AAK

http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame

watch Episode 1

They go through EVERYTHING. It's ridiculously overwhelming at first, but Tekken is something I really enjoy.

if you're a Street Fighter Player, the forums over at Shoryuken might offer a venue for answering questions.

There is this youtube channel as well:

http://www.youtube.com/user/byakokoko#p/c/2EE0F0D8F3A68904

They go through things in a little slower fashion in their tutorials but it's a bit more user friendly to go through than LevelUpYourGame but nowhere near as comprehensive.

If you need anything to know specifically, ask away!

Is there a good starting character to learn the fighting system? I don't mean easy for people to win with by abusing tactics. I want to learn the system with a character who is simple, but makes good use of the entire fighting engine.

AAK

Jack or Lili

Lili has the easiest performable moveset, but Jack has the most obvious movelist of what move to use and where (really SF like) there are very few gimmicks. But to play effectively, you need experience with the system.

Lili has some of the best sidestepping and backdashing in the game. And she has really simple and brutal combo's. I always recommend people to start off with her.

AAK said:
Jack or Lili

Lili has the easiest performable moveset, but Jack has the most obvious movelist of what move to use and where (really SF like) there are very few gimmicks. But to play effectively, you need experience with the system.

Lili has some of the best sidestepping and backdashing in the game. And she has really simple and brutal combo's. I always recommend people to start off with her.
Perfect. :lol Lili was the first character I gravitated toward. Thanks for your help!

AAK

And in Practice Mode, the last 7 entries in the command list are plausible combo's with incremental difficulties in performing. That is the closest thing to SF's challenge mode unfortunately.

Woah, now in the community forum. Sup Ya'll

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
OH MY OH MY!?

Namco community manager FilthieRich mentioned this on his twitter earlier today:

"Looking and waiting for something special? Make sure to continue following and tell your friends to stay tuned ...."

What could this mean? Updates on the upcoming TEKKEN PROJECT title, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Spring 2011 for Japanese Arcades) have been scarce since MLG's Grand Final event in Dallas... Or could we possibly be getting more news on TEKKEN X Street Fighter? Or maybe something with a little more... Soul? Whatever it may be, Namco Bandai definitely (from our inside ninja sources) has something in the works. It'd be wise to follow FilthieRich and Harada-san on twitter for the latest info in the coming weeks!

What do you think it is? :)

Dexa

Banned
anyone got some impressions of the euro ps3 multiplayer situation for me?
still many playing? lag-free matches possible?

AAK

Dexa said:
anyone got some impressions of the euro ps3 multiplayer situation for me?
still many playing? lag-free matches possible?

Euro PS3 is fairly active going by the leaderboards.... I'd say it's better to ask here.

AAK

Look what came in the mail!

2zzp2et.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So after a 55 hour pretty much non-stop session (with the only break being sleep and food breaks) with a friend, we can officially add one broken stick, a broken Dual Shock 3 and a Dual Shock 2 in our "break-log".

My friends right hand is also covered with cuts from the inside parts of the controllers :lol An empty glass cola bottle also went flying to the wall completely destroying it.

Tekken 6.
Sweat.
Blood.
Tears.

Literally, everything above.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaaand the disc is out of my house! Threw it out of the house and let it rotten in the ice.

USD

I guess I should post this info in the Tekken thread.

GODSGARDEN #3 will be a Tekken 6 event. That's going to be on February 5, double elimination format. The winner gets 200K Yen (~$2400), winner-takes-all. They also get an invitation to GODSGARDEN #4 (AKA EvoGODS AKA EVO Japan), which is scheduled for the first week of May.

The main tourney will have 16 players: 12 selected by invite, and another 4 will be decided by a qualifier.

Here's the list of invitees:

Buriburimaru (Bryan)
Tissuemon (Raven)
Kyamome (Hwoarang)
Nobi (Dragunov)
Fukushi (Lars)
Furumizu (Lei)
Deku (Devin Jin)
Takeyama (Bob)
Yuu No Respect (Feng)
Yuu♪ (Anna)
AO (Alisa)
MSR 2nd (Heihachi)

Fraeon

So guys.

I've been playing some Tekken 6 lately. I mostly use Lili, because her combos are braindead easy and she can do a heap of damage from one combo plus her backturned okizeme.

The thing is, that's all I know. Literally all I know. Combos into df+3+4, 3+4 and then either bt d+3+4 or bt 1+2.

Now, here's my question. I'm mostly a turtle kinda guy so what would really be the best characters for that style? I keep hearing Lee has great keepaway. Are there any others?

Yoshichan

Fraeon said:
Now, here's my question. I'm mostly a turtle kinda guy so what would really be the best characters for that style? I keep hearing Lee has great keepaway. Are there any others?
My man Lee is aggressive! Don't play him if you want to chill out and turtle your enemy out.

AAK

Fraeon said:
So guys.

I've been playing some Tekken 6 lately. I mostly use Lili, because her combos are braindead easy and she can do a heap of damage from one combo plus her backturned okizeme.

The thing is, that's all I know. Literally all I know. Combos into df+3+4, 3+4 and then either bt d+3+4 or bt 1+2.

I'd say Bob... just because his Jabs have by far the longest reach in the game. And with the jabs being the fastest move in the game (excluding Ling's b+1) his keep away is supreme. Bob is also a feral beast when it comes to damage.

Another player I can recommend is Feng. His f+4 is such an annoying move considering it's reach and safety... plush it's a juggle started. Even though you can only get around 50-55 hp damage out of it, it's such a great tool. And then of coarse there are his Kenpo stances you can abuse and even transition into from d/b+1. His combo's are also relatively easy (not Lili Easy, but still) his game is surrounded all around Mix-ups and mind games.

But then again, those are all things that would hold value in a real local vs game. Online, the game is a completely different ball game and I'd think your Lili tactics would do fine in the majority of instances.

RelentlessRolento said:
same here. I always give immediate respect to Dragunov players

To all you Drag players:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame#p/u/0/K9SE2hIuTGM

you guys are in a for a treat ;)

USD

Tonight (or technically tomorrow, depending on where you are) is GODSGARDEN #3. The event is set to start at 1AM EST (14 hours from now), though I'm not sure when exactly the tourney starts, or when the stream will be up.

USD said:
Tonight (or technically tomorrow, depending on where you are) is GODSGARDEN #3. The event is set to start at 1AM EST (14 hours from now), though I'm not sure when exactly the tourney starts, or when the stream will be up.
I'm I'm home and up, I'll tune in. Thanks for the reminder.

USD

Man, this music is killing me. And the fact that it's on loop makes it even worse. Bring back the yodeling.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tiger uppercut said:
Ouch on the thread closure, it was informative to me. even though it was supposedly against the ToS , just know you helped me out Markman. :D

It's okay. Kinda sucks, but I don't mind at all.

I just want to spread the word.

I was supporting all the fighting game streams before I got involved with sponsoring, this changes nothing!

Top Bottom