• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

So are the hori stciks in the limited edition bundle good? I noticed the bundle was $60 and I've always played fighting games with a pad because I'm a cheap son of a bitch...but at $60, I may think about it, even though I already have the game. So, what's the consensus?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dragonlife29 said:
So are the hori stciks in the limited edition bundle good? I noticed the bundle was $60 and I've always played fighting games with a pad because I'm a cheap son of a bitch...but at $60, I may think about it, even though I already have the game. So, what's the consensus?

Isn't it just a Mad Cats TE2? IIRC aren't they supposed to be good?

Edit: Oh, Hori... and Wireless. Blech. Go with a Mad Cats TE2 wired. :/

dragonlife29 said:
They're comparable to Hori EX2 or FS3. Usable, but I would worry about reliability.

AAK

It worked really well for the first few months when I used it, had to upgrade to a HRAP later on because the buttons were way too fragile. But definitely a solid stick for beginners.

The stick itself has a much louder "click" sound compared to the hraps and TE's when you go up,down,left,or right, and an even more distinct "double-click" for d/f,d/b,u/f,u/b and it gave a really nice audio cue on whether or not my input was right or not. For the price it is, I'd say it's worth it. But if you do plan on using it for long term use then maybe you can wait for another arcade stick promotion.

AAK

239720579.jpg

Harada just tweeted this. Anticipation for AOU2011 is rising!

Unfortunately no Cameras are allowed :( I'm sure those Japanese cell phones will come to the rescue though!

MIMIC

Banned
Thankfully this game has some crazy easy achievements. My brother rented this game earlier last year and unlocked 5 of them on my 360 account. And I am OCD when it comes to games and achievements: I absolutely MUST get all of the achievements for every game played under my account. =p I finally got around to finishing up the game a few days ago.

In the Scenario campaign, I had no idea that you could use the items to upgrade your character. I got all the way to Alisa and was like, "WTF. How did this game go from stupid easy to stupid hard?!" lol And after some Googling, I learned about the item upgrades. Then I beat the shit out of poor Alisa. :)

I only have a few more achievements to go: the gallery one, the online ones, and the automatic achievement that comes when you get the last unlockable one.

This is SOOOOO unlike Street Fighter where 90% the time spent on achievements is online. You have to play a minimum of 700 ranked matches....since you have to win at least 20 with EACH character. @_@ Super Street Fighter 4 is my game of choice but still.....it's an insane grind. If the achievements in this game were anything like SSF4's, I'd be crying right now.

MIMIC, they're called Achievements. Why should they be easy?

I just noticed the way that picture above is composed, it looks like Bob and Eddy are grabbing dat ass.

AAK

It's bloody late and all... but this is the damage germany stream:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/damagermany

Loser's Semi finals now about to finish the tournie...

Hankuma (kr) vs Devil Kazuya (it)

Winner's Finals:

JDCR (kr) vs Ao (jp)

EDIT:

Hankuma defeats DK

WB Finals now. First time these 2 giants have ever faced one another in a tournament. Gonna be epic.

EDIT2:

Good God, JDCR destroys Ao 3-0! Korea making a statement.

EDIT3:

Hankuma defeats Ao 3-1! Korea overwhelms Japan. Grand Final between HanKuma and JDCR, both representatives from Korea.

EDIT4:

Jdcr puts up a clinic and destroys hankuma 3-0

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anakin told me when I was in Atlanta last weekend... That JDCR is the best amongst the top players (vs the top players). He has been destroying the top players there using ARMOR KING.

AAK

Some videos are up! Unfortunately they are cam footage and not direct feed but still some good stuff:

None of GM's matches though :(

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilexagere#g/u

MarkMan said:
Anakin told me when I was in Atlanta last weekend... That JDCR is the best amongst the top players (vs the top players). He has been destroying the top players there using ARMOR KING.

Damn, that's a scary thought, He's pretty young as well I heard... I suspect a long dominant future for this guy. A real shame he didn't participate in Royal Rumble.

MightyKAC

MarkMan said:
If you missed TEKKEN 6 top 4 at ReveLAtions! Check it out NOW! Commentary by @MarkMan23 & @AvoidThePuddle ! - http://t.co/DU8JOMd feedback?

Thanks MarkMan. Commentary was (as always) GDLK, and the stream was nice and clean. Completely missed the Tekken portion of revo so this came in right on time.

AAK

1. Asim (Eddy/Miguel)
2. izanami (Nina)
3. BonusJin (Nina)
4. Fr33YourMind (Steve)

That was a pretty hype top 4. Izanami and Christina showing that the opposite sex is here to compete!

AAK

karasu said:
Seriously, where is the video that will teach me how to win with Jin? I need to know.

One short vid showing his okizeme game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOlfn1utkM

Be sure to check out his previous videos regarding T6 as well since he goes over a lot of the core basics for the game.

Let's hope Rip can get JustFrameJames to do a Jin Level Up Your Game episode soon.

USD

Not too familiar with the JP Tekken scene. I've heard of Furumizu before because of GG#3. Doing a little Google, apparently Nakajima is a sparring partner of Tokido's.

AAK

Throavium said:
Does anyone have advice on how to farm for Rank A and S items well?

Bruce's stage on Hard Mode.

USD said:
AO won in Grand Finals, apparently going to EVO as well.

Awesome, good to see some Asian competition confirmed. Looking a little unlikely for the Koreans to come since it's directly in competition for Tekken Crash Season 8. We'll find out more when Aris uploads the next ATP podcast :)

Doomshine

Man, when I signed up for GAF it was because I wanted to participate in this thread for the Tekken 6 launch, posting pictures of customizations and shit. It was so painful to watch it die a slow death until I was finally approved a few weeks ago.

So yeah, the game had and has some issues, but the online is not nearly as horrible post-patch as people make it out to be. I played a ton of DRO and this is lightyears ahead. It's not proper Tekken obiviously, but it won't be unless it's completely lag free, so I enjoy it for what it is.

Prelims of season eight of Tekken Crash have started btw, I love that show, high-level Tekken is fucking beautiful to watch.

Maybe I'll post those customizations anyway...

People who post here still play the game. I play my PSP version whenever I have time (since I love the load times and for when I'm on the shitter). Still awesome to play

AAK

I try to get weekly gatherings at my place with my 2 buds here in Ottawa who still play the game. I'm still playing this game like crazy.

My Armor King has leveled up even further.

And recently I've been learning Hwoarang to build a secondary in preparation for TTT2. It's crazy how advanced this character is. Cancelling between all those 4 stances numerous times per second is such a rush!

One of my friends has a really mean Bruce, Steve, and Lee. And the other friend is beastly Mishima and Marduk player. So I'm still getting helluva mileage from this game :)

So welcome aboard Doomshine :) What region are you in? If you're close to Northeast maybe we can get some online games. I'm in Canada, Ontario. Any further down or west, I don't think we can get any playable matches :( I really can't play properly online. Being an Armor King player, I'm a heavy grappler, and I can't in good conscience grab people online because it's impossible to break on reaction.

AAK said:
I try to get weekly gatherings at my place with my 2 buds here in Ottawa who still play the game. I'm still playing this game like crazy.

My Armor King has leveled up even further.

And recently I've been learning Hwoarang to build a secondary in preparation for TTT2. It's crazy how advanced this character is. Cancelling between all those 4 stances numerous times per second is such a rush!

One of my friends has a really mean Bruce, Steve, and Lee. And the other friend is beastly Mishima and Marduk player. So I'm still getting helluva mileage from this game :)

So welcome aboard Doomshine :) What region are you in? If you're close to Northeast maybe we can get some online games. I'm in Canada, Ontario. Any further down or west, I don't think we can get any playable matches :( I really can't play properly online. Being an Armor King player, I'm a heavy grappler, and I can't in good conscience grab people online because it's impossible to break on reaction.

Reminds me Ineed to sit down and think up a good team for TTT2... So far it'll prob be Dragunov + J6, or Dragunov + Bryan Fury.... either that or I'll just decide to main some randomness.

I notice I tend to stick to military based characters >_<

AAK

Dragunov + Bryan just sounds like such a manly team LOL. Bryan is a pretty complex to get good with, so MUCH respect to you to sticking w/ him ;)

I was actually really interested in Zafina when T6 first came around, but unfortunately after dabbling with her I came the conclusion she's no where near as developed as I wanted. I expected her moves to be bad on paper, but she didn't have enough cancels compared to say Hwoarang (who also is a terrible character on T6) but his cancels to gimmick the opponent out makes him viable IMO.

So assuming she'll be revamped for TTT2, I'll give her a shot. And when I heard that Julia is getting a wrestilng makeover, since I already play AKing exensively, I'm gonna try her as well.

AAK said:
Dragunov + Bryan just sounds like such a manly team LOL. Bryan is a pretty complex to get good with, so MUCH respect to you to sticking w/ him ;)

I was actually really interested in Zafina when T6 first came around, but unfortunately after dabbling with her I came the conclusion she's no where near as developed as I wanted. I expected her moves to be bad on paper, but she didn't have enough cancels compared to say Hwoarang (who also is a terrible character on T6) but his cancels to gimmick the opponent out makes him viable IMO.

So assuming she'll be revamped for TTT2, I'll give her a shot. And when I heard that Julia is getting a wrestilng makeover, since I already play AKing exensively, I'm gonna try her as well.

Yeah, usually new characters need at least one more game before they get to be well rounded.

I love playing bryan and can play him decent, but once you get into his taunt move setup stuff and technical whatnots I get lost. Partially for that I'm more leaning towards Jack6 and Dragunov.

I'm not too technical minded in terms of character I want to pick up, usually straight hitters with mix ups that make sense to my linear mind are who I go with.

Doomshine

Unfortunately I'm in Europe AAK, but thanks for the offer.

I'm sort of decent with a bunch of characters now, so putting together a team for TTT2 shouldn't be too difficult. I can play Dragunov, Bryan, Miguel, Wang, Zafina, Armor King, Jack 6, Raven, Feng and Jin to at least a basic level. Dragunov and Bryan seem to fit pretty well.

Anyway, here are my customizations for the above characters. If you recognize any of them you have probably been playing Player Matches on PSN.

AK:Bryan:Dragunov:
Feng:Jack 6:Jin:
Miguel:Raven:Wang:
Zafina:

Doomshine said:
Unfortunately I'm in Europe AAK, but thanks for the offer.

I'm sort of decent with a bunch of characters now, so putting together a team for TTT2 shouldn't be too difficult. I can play Dragunov, Bryan, Miguel, Wang, Zafina, Armor King, Jack 6, Raven, Feng and Jin to at least a basic level. Dragunov and Bryan seem to fit pretty well.

Anyway, here are my customizations for the above characters. If you recognize any of them you have probably been playing Player Matches on PSN.

A man after my own heart.

Really liking that first jin custom.

I'm hopping on T6 right now just to get some more damn fight money for customs. I need to splish up some of my guys, though I'm happy with how all the characters I normally play look.

AAK

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm happy with how all the characters I normally play look.

Dude, I'll be honest, your Bryan custom looks just like your PSN name ;)

But what I find the most challenging about Bryan is that you have to be a master of space to play him properly. And Backdash cancelling with him is a blasted challenge with him being a sway back character. I always screw that up! But still such a good character, he's been top tier in every Tekken iteration since 2004. Pretty sure he'll still be awesome in the final version of TTT2 despite the current nerfs in the location tests. Namco loves him too much :p

And those are some slick customs Doomshine! Where in Europe are you from? I'm almost never satisfied with mine and always change em regularly when I get tired of seeing them. The only exception is Armor King because I don't like the majority of his customs and just stick with the beast skin.
I have a little too much fun with the female customs :p

I wish you were around when I tried to run that tournament.... lemme see if I can find it... Boom:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405694

Damn shame it never finished. But I was gonna post a bunch of games that I'd donate to whoever won it as a prize.

AAK said:
Dude, I'll be honest, your Bryan custom looks just like your PSN name ;)

But what I find the most challenging about Bryan is that you have to be a master of space to play him properly. And Backdash cancelling with him is a blasted challenge with him being a sway back character. I always screw that up! But still such a good character, he's been top tier in every Tekken iteration since 2004. Pretty sure he'll still be awesome in the final version of TTT2 despite the current nerfs in the location tests. Namco loves him too much :p

And those are some slick customs Doomshine! Where in Europe are you from? I'm almost never satisfied with mine and always change em regularly when I get tired of seeing them. The only exception is Armor King because I don't like the majority of his customs and just stick with the beast skin.
I have a little too much fun with the female customs :p

I wish you were around when I tried to run that tournament.... lemme see if I can find it... Boom:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405694

Damn shame it never finished. But I was gonna post a bunch of games that I'd donate to whoever won it as a prize.

thx for the compliment ^_^ even if I suck at playing Bryan I try to make him look decent.

for TTT2 console release just plan out the tourney before release and start it a few days after launch. That way for sure you'll have a larger number of people playing.

went back last night and gained some money in the game and messed around with customs... these are some of my old and some i did last night mostly of characters I don't really play as much... plus not my fave customs but decent.

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png

TEKKEN%2525206.png