• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

mbmonk

Nightz said:
mbmonk: What's your availability for tonight/tomorrow? I might be going to a buddy's house after work to watch the Charger game, so I won't be available until afterwards...which might be a little late for you. In that case, I'll be available tomorrow after work.

Monday night is bad, sorry for the late post. Tuesday night is okay. Wednesday is GREAT for me.

Nightz, do you have a preference on either of those nights?

Kintaco

Well there seems to be bad news, my PS3 just turned off and did the yellow light then blinking red light. I can still get into the XMB, but when I go in game it turns off after a couple of minutes. I'm so pissed, I rarely played the PS3 too!

Nightz

mbmonk said:
Monday night is bad, sorry for the late post. Tuesday night is okay. Wednesday is GREAT for me.

Nightz, do you have a preference on either of those nights?
Either day is fine for me, but I'm anxious to play so I'd like to get it done as soon as possible :p. I get home from work around 4:30-5 PST, so anytime after that works.

thomasbk

I just went into the franchise and see that the rosters arent updated!
Jtrizzy did you make the roster update before creating the franchise? or is something wrong on my part?

Jtrizzy

Sorry guys, but I can't figure out why the rosters aren't right. They work offline and in online games, but aren't in the franchise, which is weird because the last one with Favre and Vick did.

I've tried starting multiple new ones tonight and it just isn't working. I tried saving the online roster under a different name, re downloading the new update, all kinds of shit...I tried everything.

I started a thread at Operation Sports, hopefully they can help me. If it's a bug or something I'll do manual roster changes I guess.

mbmonk

Nightz said:
Either day is fine for me, but I'm anxious to play so I'd like to get it done as soon as possible :p. I get home from work around 4:30-5 PST, so anytime after that works.

If you want to play tonight it would have to be around 10pm Eastern or later. 10pm eastern time acceptable? That is 7pm your time I believe.

Nightz

mbmonk said:
If you want to play tonight it would have to be around 10pm Eastern or later. 10pm eastern time acceptable? That is 7pm your time I believe.
That's fine with me. I'm usually available until 10 or 11 my time anyway. Just send me a message on PSN if you see me, or post here if I'm not on my PS3. No worries if you can't play tonight though, Wednesday is good for me as well.

Jtrizzy

Update: I think the rosters might be correct, it's just that injuries, suspensions etc don't carry over. Still working to figure this out as quickly as possible

Nightz

Jtrizzy said:
Update: I think the rosters might be correct, it's just that injuries, suspensions etc don't carry over. Still working to figure this out as quickly as possible
Apparently there were 2 separate updates: The one on Friday affected online play and single player. There was also one yesterday that affected online franchise. Here's a twit from yesterday:

Online Franchise Rosters have been updated for both platforms. Start your franchises now with Opening Day Rosters!about 24 hours ago from web

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda/status/3982596181

SMOKE

Banned
Well I am ready to whoop the cards owner so if you are available just enter the PS3 GAF chat thats still open and send me a message.

I still think this is pretty fucking stupid that I have to run SD as a 4-3 to rush on the edge with Merriman, or else put him at end in a 3-4

mbmonk

Mr. Blonde said:
I still think this is pretty fucking stupid that I have to run SD as a 4-3 to rush on the edge with Merriman, or else put him at end in a 3-4

I have the same issue with the Dolphins. I am not overly worried though.

In the dime sets you can normally use the "LB Rush" package and it will sub in you LB's to pass rush.

Also I use the "R1" button to sub in my backers into the Dline for the "quarter" and prevent formations. So you can get around it for the most part. It's not perfect by any means but it suffices.

The Nickle has a 2-4 alignment ( which is basically your pass rush LB's set as the Defense Ends).

Pittsburgs D playbook has a 3-4 stack. That is more like a 4-3 in reality... so you could Merriman in that way as well.

So the only time you really can't manually rush Merriman is a straight up 3-4 call. So while it is limiting. It isn't a death blow to your pass rush.

EDIT: I think we should recreate the league. The whole reason we waited was for the final rosters. So starting w/o them seems like we just wiasted time. With that being said. I am not the one who has to do all the inviting/admin tasks in the league. So I don't want to be too quick to volunteer someone else for a bunch of work.

Looks like my opponent hasn't accepted the invite yet. Pats? Don't want the rematch? This time we'll down the ball in the endzone.

Jtrizzy

Nightz said:
Apparently there were 2 separate updates: The one on Friday affected online play and single player. There was also one yesterday that affected online franchise. Here's a twit from yesterday:

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda/status/3982596181

Oh ok cool. I'll start the new one tonight after work. Well hey guys if you want to blitz with the olb in the 3-4 that's fine with me. I don't play 3-4 so I don't really know much about it.

SMOKE

Banned
Alright fellas lets get this thing rolling tonight if possible, I am available all this week until next weds. I will be out of town for a week and a half so I would like to atleast get my first 2 games in.

GQman2121

Banned
SMOKE said:
Alright fellas lets get this thing rolling tonight if possible, I am available all this week until next weds. I will be out of town for a week and a half so I would like to atleast get my first 2 games in.

No one has even activated their teams yet. :|

I'm seeing two people counting myself.

Not trying to be a wise ass, just a little confused. Is this the roster we're going to use after all this time or are we still waiting on another league?

Supercoolelite and I planned to play our game tonight, but now I'm unsure if that's going down.

Jtrizzy

I'm going to try one last time tonight with the roster thing, but this is the final league regardless of the rosters thing. I think we are all just ready to get this going.

Jtrizzy

OK. Invites are out for the FINAL time. I think the deal is that the rosters are now updated, but depth charts are reset and there are no suspensions eg Marshawn Lynch or Crabtree.

Everyone get with there opponent and lets try to finish week one by Sunday/Monday.

Gloomfire, if you are reading this please activate the freaking code. If not, we are going ahead without you. You can return after week one assuming you don't do this in time.

GQman2121

Banned
Edgeward said:
GQ, let me know when you can play. I'm available anytime after 7:15 on weekdays.

I can play tonight, but I think I want to wait to see if enough people even join the league first. I honestly don't want to waste my time if this thing is going to be halfassed. I'm in another league that is full and rolling right on along with people who actually want to play and be apart of the experience of running a team for an entire season.

mbmonk

Nightz, PM'ed you with my availability this week.

I was just way to busy yesterday. I had guests and all kinds of crap going on at my house. So I will register and get it going tonight.

Can't wait to avenge my Phins week 1 loss. :)

mbmonk

JTrizzy, just wanted to say thanks. I know this hasn't been the easiest thing to admin; and I appreciate all your work man. THANK YOU!

Edgeward

GQman2121 said:
I can play tonight, but I think I want to wait to see if enough people even join the league first. I honestly don't want to waste my time if this thing is going to be halfassed. I'm in another league that is full and rolling right on along with people who actually want to play and be apart of the experience of running a team for an entire season.

Fair enough. Just let me know when then. I don't check my ps3 enough, seeing as how I can't access it as easily as Gaf at work.

Nightz

Ok, missed a few people in my first round of PM's this morning. I think the OP needs to be updated: Kintaco has the Giants and Cigol has the Jaguars.

I've already received a couple of responses, so I think we should fill the league up soon enough. :)

Jtrizzy

Thank you MB, and thank you Nightz for doing that as well. Dynamic, I'd like to play Sunday after the 4 PM games are over if that's cool.

Cigol

I was struggling to justify taking MLB 09 out of the disc tray... but I guess now is a good a time as any with the franchise creation saga over :D

Let the games, and the complete obliteration of the Jaguars begin.

SMOKE

Banned
Im in also, I would love to get this started, can we have 2 weeks open or is it done 1 week at a time?

if its the ladder I would love ot get both my games in by weds.

thomasbk

I was looking at the franchise last night and i guess the chargers and the raiders already played because they had some stats...

Do the team records only update after the comish advances the week? cause they still were 0 - 0.

Also i saw that the raiders center had a rushing touchdown! :lol how did this happen? was there a fumble on the endzone? :p

Dynamic3

Azwethinkweiz said:
Whoever is playing the steelers, I'm going out of town and won't be around until Sunday evening. We can play then.

That's fine, assuming the deadline for the first game isn't until next Wed..

...or you could just forfeit since I am going to destroy you ;).

Nightz

GG mbmonk. The game was a lot closer than the score showed. I definitely had a hard time stopping your passing game, and I'm surprised that my players actually caught those interceptions. In a usual game, 2 or 3 of those would have been dropped. :lol

You were doing a great job defending my passing game. I couldn't get any rhythm going with my passes. I'm just glad Michael Turner went into beast mode today to pick up the slack. :D

Here's some highlights from our game:

60 yard TD by Turner: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383006

21 yard TD by Brown: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383145

Pick 6 by Smith: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383174

74 yard TD by Turner: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383034

Jtrizzy

Nightz I'm pming you my username and info for the website so you can make adjustments if someone is doing shit like that.

Smoke, it's one week at a time...it won't let you do that.

When does the league move forward?

And are we doing one game a week or two?

Sorry if the answers are obvious, I'm just a little confused after all the start/stops.

Nightz

CartridgeBlower said:
When does the league move forward?

And are we doing one game a week or two?

Sorry if the answers are obvious, I'm just a little confused after all the start/stops.
Monday morning. We'll be doing 2 games a week with deadlines early morning Thursdays and Mondays.

Quoting for a new page in case people missed it.

Jtrizzy said:
League Advance Times: Thursday at 2 am EST and Monday at 2 am EST. First week will have some leeway of course.

Skill Level: All-Pro

Clock: 9 minute quarters with a 15 second run off. As commish, I reserve the right to change this based how I see things going. Don't bitch if I change it.

Injuries/Weather/Fatigue: On. I hate weather and could be talked out of this one.

Trades: All trades will be monitored, which means one of three commishes must approve it. If a commish doesn't feel comfortable approving it by himself, the three of us will vote on it.

Free Agency/Waivers: Wait till week four, then it is based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason. Nightz is the FA/Waiver wire Czar.

Rocket Catching: Manual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances.

4th down: Fake punts are allowed at any time, but no going for it on your own side of the field in the first 3 quarters unless you are down 21+ points in the third. I also reserve the right to adjust this as I see fit.

Decline all holding calls on Field Goals and Extra Points. This is a bug in the game(totally pathetic that this got through QA), so do not accept penalties. If you do so accidentally, then just get 2 quick off sides penalties to set the ball back to its proper spot.

Nanos: No manual blitzing with LB's or CB's. You can take control of a defensive lineman and rush the QB, that's fine.

No-Shows/Unable to play: If your opponent doesn't show, the obvious first thing you want to do is check and see if I'm on PSN. If I'm not, PM me here. From there, I kick the opponent, and you play the CPU on All-Pro. If you are going out of town or know that you will be unable to play for any period of time, contact me ASAP so we can keep this thing rolling along. If I have to go out of town or have something come up, I will transfer control to Nightz or Gregor.

Learn how to fully use the replay creation and export feature, this will help if people have greivances to settle. Be mindful of the fact that I cannot change the result of any game retroactively. If someone is cheesing, I have no problem with posting links to replays here.

mbmonk

Nightz said:
GG mbmonk. The game was a lot closer than the score showed. I definitely had a hard time stopping your passing game, and I'm surprised that my players actually caught those interceptions. In a usual game, 2 or 3 of those would have been dropped. :lol

You were doing a great job defending my passing game. I couldn't get any rhythm going with my passes. I'm just glad Michael Turner went into beast mode today to pick up the slack. :D

Here's some highlights from our game:

60 yard TD by Turner: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383006

21 yard TD by Brown: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383145

Pick 6 by Smith: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383174

74 yard TD by Turner: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9383034

Lol. Yea. You played great D though. Honestly, you did a good job of mixing man and zone up. Your DLine kept stuffing the run, when I tried it. Really nice job on D.

I think the biggest play was the int I threw right before halftime, and then the dagger that was Turner and the Wildcat :). Turner... ugh. Gave me a headache :).

... so much for avenging that Dolphins loss to ATL in week 1 :p.

Great Game Nightz. And to everyone else in the NFC South.. good luck. You will need it :).

SMOKE

Banned
I would like to get week 1 done by sunday, I am available all day almost and if Im not online then give me a call, send PM and I will reply with my number.

Same for my week 2 opponent which would be the SEAGULLs, and I would like to get that game play by tuesday the latest, my flight leaves weds morning and I will be back to finish week 3.

Thank you for your time.

oneHeero

TBKKiller, I am available tonight or early Sunday to play. Tomorrow is my daughter's bday plus Boxing. Sunday night is Cowboys game. So can play Tonight or Sunday morning.

Just PM me, I always check gaf instead of PSN.

Top Bottom