• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

No I havnt played a game yet. Just wondering. Ill have 3 GAF leagues under my franchises now, think ill leave all but the new one.

Nightz

Edgeward said:
Thank god, now I can finally start on my offline franchise as well. :D
I already played 1 year on mine, but it just didn't feel right having a roster that wasn't accurate. Think I'll start a new one today.

SMOKE said:
Seems like the madden gods have cursed me, I am getting no sound at all from my madden when I boot it up. It all started when the servers went down and ever since then I can not even get a beep or that crappy music to play in the splash screen either.
Is it just Madden you're having issues with? If not, it may be a loose cable or something.

SMOKE

Banned
Nightz said:
I already played 1 year on mine, but it just didn't feel right having a roster that wasn't accurate. Think I'll start a new one today.

Is it just Madden you're having issues with? If not, it may be a loose cable or something.

Im going to try my cables again but I get sound when I turn on my PS3 but when I enter a disc based game I get no sound at all.

I got off the phone with SONY and went thru the settings restore twice and they wanted me to change cables which I dont carry spare HDMI cables.

But I still get no sound, I am going to try and see if anything is loose in the back but like I said everything was working fine this morning until the servers took a crap on me and when I went back to update the rosters i was getting no sound from the game and then I tried SOCOM and still got no sound.

Ok, I put in MotorStorm 2 and the sound works with that game, but I put madden back in and I dont get a damn beep at all. I checked all my cables and stuff but im not getting any sound at all from this game.

EDIT 2: I am getting no sound whatsoever from SOCOM still, looks like I am going to have to put every game I dont play in to see what works.

Jtrizzy

All invites will be out by Kick-Off on Sunday at the latest, and I will post all of the final rules by then as well. I have to work tonight or I'd do it right now. I'm going to try and get it all done tonight and tomorrow, but I have to work and have family in town.

As far as the other leagues, it doesn't matter if you want to fuck around in them, be my guest. I'm going to delete them once we get rolling in the real thing, as they are still played at the accelerated speed.

Jtrizzy

gregor7777 said:

Yeah I'm excited too. It feels like we've been in limbo for ever on this, so it's nice to finally have things set in stone.

I'll try and get it done tonight, just can't make any promises as a girl may be coming over and I don't think watching me setup an online Madden franchise would be very impressive to her:lol . I should have time to do it tomorrow during the day, but there is a chance I'll have to do family shit all day then go to work.

I do promise to have it done by Kick-off on Sunday though.

thomasbk

I just realized me and my bucs play against 2009 world champion Buffalo Bills on week 2!

How am I supposed to beat my own bills? :(

SMOKE

Banned
Well fellas I have ran into a dilema.

As stated in a previous post I loss all sound to my PS3 when booting up games, especially madden.

Now the dilema comes in to play with the fact that my HDMI port is dead as for sound goes for my games, I get sound in the XMB i can play movies and music but for some reason I cant get madd or socom to play any sound at all unless I use RCA on a 46inch LCD which does not look good.

I can either trade my PS3 (60gb BC) in for maybe $150 at the least or go component until I decide to trade it in.

What should I do fellas and can component display as good as HDMI?

Or send it in to sony and shell out $150 or try to find a local repair shop?

Damn as soon as our season is about to start i get hit with this mess...

GQman2121

Banned
SMOKE said:

As stated in a previous post I loss all sound to my PS3 when booting up games, especially madden.

Now the dilema comes in to play with the fact that my HDMI port is dead as for sound goes for my games, I get sound in the XMB i can play movies and music but for some reason I cant get madd or socom to play any sound at all unless I use RCA on a 46inch LCD which does not look good.

I can either trade my PS3 (60gb BC) in for maybe $150 at the least or go component until I decide to trade it in.

Component is fine to use. You'll still get an HD signal, but you more than likely won't be able to take advantage of 1080p for BD's or games. Most set's do not support 1080P through an analog signal.

Ideally, if you had a AVR to use, you could pick up a cheap optical cable and use that for your sound and the HDMI for your video.

Fucking losers doing the nano every damn play! Can't play against them, then they talk shit and act like they're so good at the game. Un-fuckin-believable.

Just had a guy who no huddled all game, scrambled on every passing play, nano'ed on every defensive play, and used the wildcat (with the fucking Giants no less). Give me a break!

Can't get this franchise started soon enough.

SMOKE

Banned
Ok I found a fix and I am ready to go:D

And cartridge, FG block stps the wildcat if they're passing just do man coverage FG block.

And I too am sick of the nano, no huddle jerks online but take the time away from them and make your drives longer, those are the jerks you have to cheese against.

SMOKE

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Luckily I haven't run into too many people using nano blitzing all the time. I'd probably just rage quit if I did.

I have learned to calm down while playing these fools and take the time to notice who is coming and adjust from there. I never have been a "manual" motioner, I just have those automatic plays, but sometimes it comes in handy to throw off there nanos or anyother blitz.

But its quite annoying when its working for them.

mbmonk

SMOKE said:

Sorry to hear that. My HDMI port died as well. I am on component. But I mostly use the PS3 for games not movies.

My Blu Ray drive died as well, but it was still under warranty. THANK GOD!

SMOKE

Banned
mbmonk said:
Sorry to hear that. My HDMI port died as well. I am on component. But I mostly use the PS3 for games not movies.

My Blu Ray drive died as well, but it was still under warranty. THANK GOD!

Ah man, I found a temporay fix for my HDMI sound giving out.

I just got the RCA cable the system came with and hooked up the audio alongside my HDMI because I still get picture and now I got my sounds back:D

My TV will be in for repairs for about a week and I dont have no other TV to play on during that time so i may have to get a few games in ahead of schedule due to that and me moving to kansas in November.

But I will let the commish decide on that for me if its best for the league, I dont want to take anything away from you guys but W's in that win column if you're my opponent:D

Dynamic3 said:
Normal is.

Roster is up kids. Do we need to send out invites for a new league now? Let's get this party started.

So our franchise is going to use normal or slow???

...got different people saying different things.

mbmonk

SMOKE said:
Ah man, I found a temporay fix for my HDMI sound giving out.

I just got the RCA cable the system came with and hooked up the audio alongside my HDMI because I still get picture and now I got my sounds back:D

My TV will be in for repairs for about a week and I dont have no other TV to play on during that time so i may have to get a few games in ahead of schedule due to that and me moving to kansas in November.

But I will let the commish decide on that for me if its best for the league, I dont want to take anything away from you guys but W's in that win column if you're my opponent:D

Lol. Nice.

I was just going to nano blitz and no huddle you all game long, but since your moving I will just rocket catch on you all day :).

JK.

Dynamic3

CartridgeBlower said:
So our franchise is going to use normal or slow???

...got different people saying different things.

You can't change the speed in the settings so I would assume normal.

Dynamic3 said:
You can't change the speed in the settings so I would assume normal.

slow is the only speed available. it is also the default for every online game, franchise, ranked, etc as well as the default for offline games

anyways just stopped in to say when you guys get started, i wrote up a script to display team/player stats on the ea website.

Install greasemonkey for firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
Install my script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

after a couple seconds the franchise page should now display a bunch of headers like Offensive Stats, etc. Click any of those and you can see the stats table for that. Also its all sortable (can even do multiple sortings using the shift key).

Let me know if you have any questions via pm, i won't really stop in this thread often since i dont have a ps3.

SMOKE

Banned
mbmonk said:
Lol. Nice.

I was just going to nano blitz and no huddle you all game long, but since your moving I will just rocket catch on you all day :).

JK.

Havent seen too much RC going on online unless its just not that noticable like it was years before this one.

But my niner D will shut that down.:D

SMOKE

Banned
I sure as hell hope so, I have too much going on all at once for some damn reason.

I would like to get the next 3 weeks out the way in one week by wed. because my TV is going in for repairs for a week and on top of that i have to go and handle business midwest regarding my move out there in Nov.

On that trip its gonna be a week and a half that I am gone from the league and since EA is discriminating against BlackBerry users with the franchise app i will only be able to keep in touch thru my laptop.

Damn I feel like shit even though my niners just beat the cards, but if the league has started already then I am ready to play in about 2 hrs from now. My opponent will get the same treatment as real life.

Jtrizzy

Rosters are updated, test leagues have been deleted, and invites are out. It's time for the real deal.

League title is simply "GAF", and there is no password.

I'm free for the most part tomorrow to clear up any issues. (I'll be playing the shit out of the Uncharted multiplayer demo)

GLOOMFIRE/Gloomypickle still needs to activate his franchise code. I've PM'ed and PSN messaged him.

I think we let Smoke stay in the league. I don't feel like finding replacements.

Gregor, could you update the OP with the rules and current team/GAF handle/PSN ID's? They are mostly already in there with maybe 2-3 exceptions. If you have a question just ask me so you don't have to go reading through the thread.

Jtrizzy

League Advance Times: Thursday at 2 am EST and Monday at 2 am EST. First week will have some leeway of course.

Skill Level: All-Pro

Clock: 9 minute quarters with a 15 second run off. As commish, I reserve the right to change this based how I see things going. Don't bitch if I change it.

Injuries/Weather/Fatigue: On. I hate weather and could be talked out of this one.

Trades: All trades will be monitored, which means one of three commishes must approve it. If a commish doesn't feel comfortable approving it by himself, the three of us will vote on it.

Free Agency/Waivers: Wait till week four, then it is based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason. Nightz is the FA/Waiver wire Czar.

Rocket Catching: Manual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances.

4th down: Fake punts are allowed at any time, but no going for it on your own side of the field in the first 3 quarters unless you are down 21+ points in the third. I also reserve the right to adjust this as I see fit.

Decline all holding calls on Field Goals and Extra Points. This is a bug in the game(totally pathetic that this got through QA), so do not accept penalties. If you do so accidentally, then just get 2 quick off sides penalties to set the ball back to its proper spot.

Nanos: No manual blitzing with LB's or CB's. You can take control of a defensive lineman and rush the QB, that's fine.

No-Shows/Unable to play: If your opponent doesn't show, the obvious first thing you want to do is check and see if I'm on PSN. If I'm not, PM me here. From there, I kick the opponent, and you play the CPU on All-Pro. If you are going out of town or know that you will be unable to play for any period of time, contact me ASAP so we can keep this thing rolling along. If I have to go out of town or have something come up, I will transfer control to Nightz or Gregor.

Learn how to fully use the replay creation and export feature, this will help if people have greivances to settle. Be mindful of the fact that I cannot change the result of any game retroactively. If someone is cheesing, I have no problem with posting links to replays here.

Jtrizzy

Yes, I've tested it. It sucks.

In order for someone to play the cpu, the commish has to boot the player or the player has to leave. Then you re-invite them if you want. If you read part about No Shows in my rules post above it might explain it better.

Another problem is that only the commish can boot the player. There is no option to have a co commish with the power to boot players. The whole ready/not available or whatever it says under the owners tab is basically worthless.

If the website allowed me to kick/re-invite players it would be really nice. Unfortunately, adding and dropping players is about the only thing we can do right now. I'll give the co commishes my password to the website so they can make roster changes at least.

Yeah, I'll need to go through the thread or something for who has which team. If anyone notices incorrect information in the OP regarding team assignments please let me know.

thomasbk

gregor7777 said:
Yeah, I'll need to go through the thread or something for who has which team. If anyone notices incorrect information in the OP regarding team assignments please let me know.

My PSN is missing from the OP:

Buccaneers
GAF: thomasbk
PSN: TBKkiller

Nightz

mbmonk: What's your availability for tonight/tomorrow? I might be going to a buddy's house after work to watch the Charger game, so I won't be available until afterwards...which might be a little late for you. In that case, I'll be available tomorrow after work.

Cigol

gregor7777 said:
Jaguars; Cigol (PSN; Cigoler)

Jtrizzy

gregor7777 said:

You don't have to go through it. I can do it later and it'll be much easier for me since I'm more familiar with the names.

SMOKE

Banned
Damn what a day to be on a 4gm losing streak, I cant beat the cowboys today for nothing in the world. I loss my last 3 games to them and 1 to the chargers.

My damn team is playing like crap or someone at EA is pulling a cruel joke on my niners.

Top Bottom