• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

mbmonk

SMOKE said:
Does anyone from EA post on these forums, playing in pub rooms just makes me wanna get this shit started as soon as possible.

I hate it when people break the game on purpose for online rank purposes as if they're madden challenge contestants or some crap. All people are doing is running that 46 D and blitzing that LB that comes thru untouched no matter what and everyone seems to be covered perfectly so you dont have a chance at throwing the ball. That auto drop back crap is killing it for me.

I almost feel as if the game forces people to nano blitz because the pass protection is so insanely good. I have Joey Porter... 96 power moves, 94 finess moves. Dude still doesn't get sacks.. at all. So then you have to exploit the AI in order to get some pressure.

You can't play man coverage because the pass rush is non existent, you can't man cover for an extended period of time, eventually someone will get open. And if you call a zone, you will get picked apart. You are almost forced to blitz to have a chance to stop someone.

I find playing D in this game very challenging.

I am not saying I condone it, but I understand it.

GQman2121

Banned
I find that I can only get sacks against the cpu when I don't blitz. I run a hard nose cover 2 zone and the only time I can ever get pressure is with my front four and only with my front four. If I blitz just one LB the offensive line will block--and hold their blocks--perfectly and give the QB all day to throw.

There's clearly something in the games code that is flat out broken. The sliders do not help with sacks at all IMO.

I think we DEFINITELY have to put the kobosh on nano blitzing, the same way we're doing with user controlled catches.

That shit is the definition of breaking the game. Someone does it they should automatically get the loss.

Cutting out crap like this is the whole reason I want to play in this franchise. Get some fair play outta people.

cartridgeblower, you have the raiders right? let me know when you want to play, ill be ready from monday on.

also, i know the x360 has a rule about "manual blitzing" but a 3-4 team in madden needs to have at least the ability to manually rush with their outside backers.

Jtrizzy

gregor7777 said:
What's Nano blitzing?

It's when players move linebackers and dlineman around and the QB has a "nano second" then gets sacked. It's been a problem in Madden for years. We'll have to implement something about that as well.

Anyway all this talk just makes you realize how nice it is to have a league like this where people don't cheese every play.

Also, if Nightz or Gregor are willing I may share my account with them so they can go in and boot no shows. I'll need to deactivate at least one account...is there a way to find out how many you have shared and have activated?

Edgeward

Does this nano blitzing include using the show blitz audible? Cause I don't move anyone unless the peson I'm controlling is supposed to blitz or said audible.

mbmonk

Can we clearly separate between nano blitzing and just overloading a gap blitzes? Most blitzs are designed to overload a gap so being able to tell the difference is key. I personally don't know the difference other than a nano is sooo fast that you can't do anything about it.

Has there been any ruling on using LB manually to blitz. I run a 3-4 some my best pass rushers are my OLB. Can I manual them or do I need to stick to the D Lineman?

Anyway, final rosters are almost here....... WOOOOHOOOO!

BTW, the league banner is still OMG amazing :)

Ah, gotcha. I don't think I've ever abused moving around defenders to get an instant sack. Not sure I'd even know how, but come to think of it, I've seen a few people online that managed to get near instant pressure several downs in a row. it felt strange, that may explain it.

SMOKE

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Ah, gotcha. I don't think I've ever abused moving around defenders to get an instant sack. Not sure I'd even know how, but come to think of it, I've seen a few people online that managed to get near instant pressure several downs in a row. it felt strange, that may explain it.

You damn right about that, if it wasnt for my love for football, madden would be in its case waiting on the league to start. I just dont understand why the blazing hell would someone wanna cheat online soo much. Its not like someone is gonna come to your house and reward your for biggest asshole online or something.

EA needs to implement a feedback system for after every game, for crying out loud I use the freaking 49ers and people still feel the need to cheat me even with the damn PATS!!!

EA get a clue and talk to some REAL PEOPLE about football and stop catering to these game breaking assholes who broke this shit the day that demo came out.

Another fucking thing that pisses me off is these people who play frivously with there safeties. I never see them fall or trip when these assholes are running around the secondary in circles and when the ball is hiked in a position when you think you got that ass, it turns out much worse than you would expect.

Shits crazy man, Dlinemen making tackles with there backs turned, peeople moving DEs from one side of the field to the other and still make plays that are ran away from that overload set.

Freaking fagg defense dominates and there's only 1 fucking d linemne on the damn LOS and my line just lets him have his way after they done felt him up for half a sec.

I cannot wait for this patch to come soon enough, I feel like just getting addresses and kicking these dudes asses in person as they sit there doing the same gimmicky glitchy shit to someone else.

Another thing thats funny is these so called tourney ballers are getting a dose of there own medicine after the Dallas MLG last weekend. Apparently some guy had some good cheap shit up his sleeve and left a bad taste in there mouths to the point they're debating on going to the next MLG MC or not going at all unitl more rules are put in:lol

But anyways sorry for the long rant, I just hate losing to assholes who have no respect for the game but to just abuse it and do unreal shit all the time.

Jtrizzy

You can slide the line/linebackers with L1 or whatever, what you can't do is line up the linebackers in certain places that allow immediate pressure every time.

thomasbk

Jtrizzy said:
You can slide the line/linebackers with L1 or whatever, what you can't do is line up the linebackers in certain places that allow immediate pressure every time.

so is this not allowed?

6hhzwj.jpg

only play i can get pressure with :(

SMOKE

Banned
thomasbk said:
so is this not allowed?

6hhzwj.jpg

only play i can get pressure with :(

Hell NOOOO thats not allowed, thats how the nano is set up from my experience, but pinching them wshould be allowed which just brings the LB core tigher together.

Cigol

The first post says there's a team available [/wishful thinking]. Assuming nobody has called it already I'd be interested in signing up. I'm a junior member (from the UK), but timezones shouldn't be a problem as I play iRacing and other stuff so I'm used to staying up to catch the yank's driving round in circles. The only real mark against me would be that I'm fairly shit, and very rarely know what I'm doing... but yeah, let me know :D

*Re-reading I'm seeing that there is names next to all the teams... fail.

thomasbk

SMOKE said:
Hell NOOOO thats not allowed, thats how the nano is set up from my experience, but pinching them wshould be allowed which just brings the LB core tigher together.

Ok, so manually placing the linebackers on the line is what is not allowed? but any blitz play is fine as long as you dont do that, right?

The first post says there's a team available [/wishful thinking]. Assuming nobody has called it already I'd be interested in signing up. I'm a junior member (from the UK), but timezones shouldn't be a problem as I play iRacing and other stuff so I'm used to staying up to catch the yank's driving round in circles. The only real mark against me would be that I'm fairly shit, and very rarely know what I'm doing... but yeah, let me know

... The Jaguars are still available arent they?

oneHeero

I never ran into nano blitzing but know bout it.

I reposition all my lineman and lbs all the time. Though its never nano blitzing since I dont know wha plays are most effective. So unless the person is REALLY nano blitzing than we should allow w/e on defense.

Sometimes people are going to pick D plays that just blow through the Oline for the sack, dont always mean it was a nano blitz. Just a great call, but I am 100% against nano blitzing and hope everyone else agrees not to use them.

Jtrizzy

Since we are using the 360 league's rules pretty much across the board, we'll probably just go with that to avoid nano blitzing as well.

and yes, the Jags are available.

I'll post some youtube links later to show you guys what nano blitzing is.

A nano blitz will be easy recognize after it's happened of course. If the LB gets to you before you complete your 3 step drop, chances are it could be a nano. But it could also just be a great call. Save the replay if possible.

Nano paranoia is rampant!

SMOKE

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
A nano blitz will be easy recognize after it's happened of course. If the LB gets to you before you complete your 3 step drop, chances are it could be a nano. But it could also just be a great call. Save the replay if possible.

Nano paranoia is rampant![/QUOTE]

Damn right, I see nano's all the time even when they dont know they're happening:D

Nightz

gregor7777 said:
We should start.
Yeah, I'm getting anxious :lol. It's bad enough that we have to wait until Thursday for the season to start, it's even worse that I have to wait until next Monday for my team to play (Chargers :D)...waiting for the Madden roster update is just icing on the cake.

Cigol said:
...once I've received an invitation to join the league. Nothing showing up on my end yet.

I believe Jtrizzy has sent them out to everyone. Can you PM him please?

Yeah, I mean, we should start like now.

SMOKE

Banned
Does anyone get that feeling that people are winning due to the team they're using and not actually the user beating u?

Like people who use the ravens and cant get an offense going but end up winning the game due to their overrated defense.

But anyways lets get this thing started.

Cigol

gregor7777 said:
I believe Jtrizzy has sent them out to everyone. Can you PM him please?
Well I've spoken to him through PM both here and on PSN already, so I'm assuming it's just that he hasn't gotten around to it yet. I'll send another PM his way to see whether that's the case.

Yeah, I mean, we should start like now.
Before Cigol gets in I take it? :D

Yeah, I thought we were waiting for the roster update. Isn't it out this week?

My Raiders just picked up Seymour, so I gotta vote that we wait. Waited this long already.

thomasbk

Did i read somewhere that the roster update was due wednesday or thursday? or was i dreaming?

... if we've waited this long whats another 3 days?

Edgeward

I think the update should be appearing tomorrow or wed. Unless the actual nfl season starts there's no reason to rush.

oneHeero

Roster update is in a few days, may as well wait. Its just today is Labor Day so we are all home bored wanting to play some Madden. Tomorrow when we are all at work again, we wont mind the wait.

Jtrizzy

Thomasbk gave me a beating last night. I need to adjust to the input lag online or something. I was directly connected to my router, but it still seemed like button presses were slightly delayed. Either that or I suck.

Here is the first video I've uploaded:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9037404

it shows my d lineman pull up for no reason in front of his qb.

thomasbk

Jtrizzy said:
Thomasbk gave me a beating last night. I need to adjust to the input lag online or something. I was directly connected to my router, but it still seemed like button presses were slightly delayed. Either that or I suck.

Here is the first video I've uploaded:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9037404

it shows my d lineman pull up for no reason in front of his qb.

That's called awesome play action! :lol

Yeah it showed you were lagging, you passed the ball to your X receiver as soon as you snapped the ball a few times.

Btw, how do you upload replays online? I remember seeing the option at the replay screen on 09, but i cant find it on '10 (at least online, where there is no replay).

Jtrizzy

at the end, before exiting the game you go to create highlight or something like that. Then you exit the game and go to manage media iirc then upload it.

I get that kind of lag when I kick. Input timing is different from game to game, and particularly when compared to a single player game.

mbmonk

gregor7777 said:
I get that kind of lag when I kick. Input timing is differently different from game to game, and particularly when compared to a single player game.

Yea that has been very annoying. I found the best way to handle that is instead of tapping up on the stick, press and HOLD UP. It's not perfect but now I don't have it where the game doesn't register the up press on the joystick at all, and you get 0 power kicks.

thomasbk

Jtrizzy said:
at the end, before exiting the game you go to create highlight or something like that. Then you exit the game and go to manage media iirc then upload it.

Thanks! i'll try that...
once had some guy with adrian peterson break my tackle on the backfield, then break a 4 man gang tackle at the line of scrimmage and then break a tackle from my safety to score on a 50 yard run :S ... and i couldnt figure out how to save it :(

thomasbk

Bills O-Line musical chairs – Wood to starting LG, Andy Levitre to RG

I believe they have them inverted...

Marshawn Lynch removed from Bills depth chart – Fred Jackson now HB1

This means you can still put Lynch in right?

... i shouldnt even post this here since im not the bills in our franchise
:(

Jtrizzy

yeah. You can't import the roster update into a league. Did you play a game already or something? If so we'll have to sim it.

Top Bottom