• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official World Cup of Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Everyone who dissed the "antique gold" jerseys = owned. Those are fucking sweet!

Good pace, kinda so-so beginning. Everyone's skating well, but no real flow by either team. Nice pop for Mario laying the shoulder down.

calder

Woot. Still lack of finish with all the plays

WOW Sakic and Iggy almost scored a beauty, but Sakics move was so late that there was no room. Great move though, holy shit.

And BigJon, your avatar saddened me with it's bad quality. ;)
mario.gif

calder said:
Woot. Still lack of finish with all the plays

WOW Sakic and Iggy almost scored a beauty, but Sakics move was so late that there was no room. Great move though, holy shit.

And BigJon, your avatar saddened me with it's bad quality. ;)
mario.gif

Haha, it was a rush search for it

:p

calder

Whoa, found a better iggy avatar. If anyone, say a Flames fan inexplicably using a Finn (even the noblest, greatest Finn of all time) as an avatar during international competition, wants to use my old Iggy one here it is.
iggy90.jpg

calder

YEah it's probably Teemu.

Haha, deja vu. PP, Sakic at the blueline, takes a screened wrister and scores just like Salt Lake :D :D

calder

I love Doan. If he ragdolled Tkachuk a million Jets fans would jizz in their pants at the karmic perfection of it.

Oh, and when I'm watching teh game I get nervous and resize images, if anyone's interested here's one of Sakic. Find me a pic and I'll see what I can do, but I'm just hosting them at photobucket since my shaw webspace is all full.
sakic.gif

calder

DAMMIT MARTIN JINXED US. Lame political gladhanding + weak hockey commentary + guy who can't sing O Canada in english or french = bad karma for Team Canada. :(

calder

Yeah, the last 10 minutes of this game have sure sucked. As lucky as the US was to not be down 5-0 through the first 5 minutes of the second period Canada's lucky the scores not 2-2 now.

calder

OMG THAT WAS SO OFFSIDES. Thank god Broddy saved it, or else I'd be making an official protest to the IOC and demanding a duplicate gold medal for my gymnast cuz that looked like a shitty call.

calder

Somebody's got to take a major and throw some punches at Konowalchuk and whoever that was that bumped Brodeur the second time after the whistle. Shit that it's Niedermayer out there instead of Reghry

MARIO STEPPED IN and shoved whathisname out of the crease! +1 Mario! :D :D

Kon Tiki

Banned
Call offside on canada when it was not.
boxing2.gif

Did not call offside on an obvious US offside.
boxing2.gif

Dont call roughing on goalie.
boxing2.gif

wth.

Mario.
bow.gif

dem

Is there like.. no Americans watching this?? This is such a onesided thread. Even Sweden has some fans in here!

boo7z

this game is awesome. it is like an all star game except the players have no quams about betting the living piss out of each other.

bigd, if you're going to make a post every 10 fucking seconds, just edit your first one

also, it was fun watching the home team win an important game in the Corel Center for once :D

Gregory

Banned
Great game. USA SUCKED during the first period but did much better in the second and third.

Man does it suck to watch american broadcasts here in Europe though, is it because NTSC signals are being decoded to PAL or something? Crap, bland colours and the framerate seems a little odd, making a slight ghosting effect during movement.

The games over here looks a hell of a lot better on TV, thats for sure.

Great game. Esche was a farking wall.

Vintage jersey's looked great. I may have to pick an Iginla one up. And calder, thanks.

Random thoughts from the game:
New Jerseys do look great......... if we were German
Jovos out which is good now we don't have to worry so much about 2 on 1s and break-aways
Nice job Mario, I was skeptic but now am a believer
USA didn't looks as old as I thought they would
I really missed hockey and just watching this game made me realize how much I'm gonna miss it this year.

Socreges

Banned
Jovos out which is good now we don't have to worry so much about 2 on 1s and break-aways
Actually, he looked better tonight before going down.

I don't think he trained very much during the summer. He's had such a poor start and now he strains his ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom