• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official World Cup of Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Canada plays again tonight??

Morrow out.. Draper in.
Luongo out.. Theodore in.
Jovo out (for good?).. Hannan in.

Alucard

Banned
What time does the game start? I took the day off work to sort out all of my new car buying stuff, but catching Canada play is also a bonus. Haha.

dem

Alucard said:
What time does the game start? I took the day off work to sort out all of my new car buying stuff, but catching Canada play is also a bonus. Haha.

While youre off work you can check out Czech Republic vs Sweden too!

Wed, Sep 1 Globe Arena, Stockholm Czech Republic vs. Sweden 1:00 PM EDT ESPN,CBC
Wed, Sep 1 Bell Centre, Montreal Canada vs. Slovakia 7:00 PM EDT ESPN2,CBC

Gregory

Banned
dem said:
Is there like.. no Americans watching this?? This is such a onesided thread. Even Sweden has some fans in here!

I almost feel sorry for the USA players when I see them play in big hockey tournaments, knowing that nobody in USA gives a shit about it. I wonder where they get any motivation from.

as a Canadian, I'd just like to say it's wonderful to watch the Czech's getting stomped

there should be a Germany Czech final with Tommy Salo reffing

SantaC

Deepthroat said:
*phew*

You play hockey for 60 minutes, not 40! Fu* turds.. we almost lost the victory :(

typical swedish, but one excuse was back to back games at this time of the season.

calder

Aw shit I'm going to be stuck at work for another couple of hours! I'm going to miss the first half of the game like one of them Left Coasters. :(

Kon Tiki

Banned
"Chara is so big, he was born on the 17th 18th 19th"

Ughh, you said that joke at least 5 times during the sens/leafs series. Get a new joke.

Jason

First half of the period Canada dominated with 2 quick goals but Slovakia decided to wake up and make things somewhat interesting with some good chances in the second half.

calder

Sweet! :D Thanks!

This not watching is tough. :| If I had more privacy I'd listen to the game but that might look odd

calder said:
Sweet! :D Thanks!

This not watching is tough. :| If I had more privacy I'd listen to the game but that might look odd
We're up 3-0 now. I just got home 10 minutes ago, and don't worry, the game isn't nearly as intense as yesterday's was. The only real reason to watch this game is to watch how well the new lines mesh, as Brodeur's not getting tested much at all.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Lemieux and Iginla.
drool.gif

1-0, Timonen on PP. :)

woah, sturm almost scored.

edit: Damn, what a shitty game so far. :( Tempo is so slow... works for Germans. Kipper is keeping Finland in lead. :\

edit2: 2-0. Selanne scores! on 2-man PP.

edit3: AWESOME backhander by Lehtinen. 3-0. Another shutout for Kipper?

dem

Lindros would have been one of the greatest players in history... if he brain wasnt jello.

young lindros>>>ovechkin

calder

Yeah, it's easy to forget now how fucking dominant Lindros was his first few years... say up to about concussion #48. To say he's a shadow of his former badass self would be putting it kindly... and even now he's still an effective NHLer and a top 6 guy on any teams offense (assuming he's healthy).

Gregory

Banned
USA - Russia in 5 minutes. I wonder if the arena will be even half-full.. lol.

Damn, no Ovechkin in this match? I was looking forward to seeing him, he was awesome in the World Championships.

This is the first time in a while where I comfortably feel like Canada is a superior team to the USA. The age is really starting to show, and if they had Dunham or maybe even Conklin in net, they'd be floundering with Germany and the Czech Republic. Hell, they're on the verge of going 0-2 as it is.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Kovalev's goal was a thing of beauty..
Tkachuk is really pissing me off.

I don't really like how this tourney is set up. All the teams make the 'playoffs' and the round-robin is only used to determine who plays who...

calder

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Keith Tkachuk is a fucking moron.

Kasparitis is also a tool, so I don't mind guys running him. ;) But Tkachuk taking a run at Gonchar is just totally typical of that pig-dumb idjit.

dem

Could the American team be anymore unlikeable? Tkachuk is such an ass. And then theres the players who just leave like a bunch of pouty bitches when the game is over.

Malakhov

Banned
Woooooo! Go Russia!
And yeah, Tkachuk is an idiot.

Can't wait for the Canada vs Russia match this sathurday.

GO CANADA GO!

SA-X

dem said:
Could the American team be anymore unlikeable? Tkachuk is such an ass. And then theres the players who just leave like a bunch of pouty bitches when the game is over.
Indeed, I'm American and I'm half hoping that we lose.

Mainline

I am back from Montreal, I just have to say the atmosphere at the Bell Center was awesome! The first period of the Canada-USA game was one of the best periods I've ever seen live, so awesome! I had a great time down there, from Canada winning both games, to drinking with the TSN and some of the sportsnet crew on St. Catherines. I'd just like to say Ryan Smyth is the awesome, gritty, loves to go behind the net and get dirty, PLAY THAT CYCLE SMYTH! HES SO GOOD! LETS GO CANADA!

Tabris

The lack of respect the americans (players AND fans) gave to the Russians was unexcuseable.

I'm glad Team USA scratched Hull from next game. That guy needs a time-out like a little kid, cause that's certainly how he acted at the end of last game.

God. No class at all from the americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom