• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official X-box MVP Baseball 2005 Tournament III: Enter Dowd

The first 2 tournaments have been pretty successful, so lets keep a good thing going.

Name: GAF III
PW: Mexico

# of Players: 8
Starts in: 48 hours
Length Between Rounds: 48 hours

Sign in at your leisure ladies! And just for references sake, the past champs:
-------

1. DMczaf - Seattle Mariners (defeated FMT (Dodgers) in the championship game 6-4)
2. TBD (Ramirez Vs. Fifty)

Enjoy!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Signed up.

I WANT CREDIT FOR MY MINI TOURNEY WINS :p

I was 2-0 against you,fifty and dm in the 4 man tournies :( Damn EA for making the Asstros total complete shit after the roster update so I cant hit against anyone with good stating pitching.

Ramirez

Hopefully its still up,I keep forgetting to sign in :(

K,it needs one more and there is 6 hours left to sign up :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like it's me and Malley.

FMT: I've been hitting like you told me, and I am actually getting a few more hits and stuff. I'm having a tougher time with run production though.

well it's not just about getting hits, but when you get them. i've had games against DM where i have 8 or 9 hits and get maybe 1 run. the problem is that in those games i had poor decisions regarding steal attempts, not moving runners over, and poor choice in what i swing at. in time you will learn to manufacture runs

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FMT,you around now? I can play now if you can.

god dammit! i just lost to matrix 4-3 as he hit a walk off 2 run HR to win the game in houston :(

it was truly a classic game. lots of 1-run HR's (even though i did get 1 run when JT snow doubled off the wall in left)

i was trying to work oswalts energy down so i could get a hold of a few in the later innings, which i did, but fucking benitez blew the save in the bottom of the 9th.

why did i pitch to bagwell with a man on 3rd and 1 out -_-

Matrix

"Hey anyone seen FMT? I need to sign that fat GW HR ball he gave up"
bags.jpg

:p

Fifty

I just had a classic half-game with DM!

Lag caused the pitch icon to appear for most of the run scoring plays.....The score was 2-2, I got disconnected for some "improper behavior" (thanks EA, this is how you reward me) and DM gets an email saying he won 3-0. What a product!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG Wellie, I thought you were slowly going to chip away at that lead I had, I have no idea how all those HRls were happening..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How the hell did you hit the ball so well? I had trouble getting outs at all...

And those runs late were just off of errors, it wasn't like I was doing much of anything. What really pissed me off is that the whole game as I was trying to aim the bat with my swing I was catching a piece of the DPad. So with like every swing my runners would go. :lol That's why the baserunning was so errant on my part, I'm not usually that retarded.

Matrix

Malley,I think I play you...when you want to rumble?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if tonight, we have to go after 10 est, thats when 24 goes off..... anytime after that is cool with me playboy...

Top Bottom