• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Ramirez said:
Well, I'm trading the game into Gamestop, tired of wasting my time on a broken game. Nothing against Birdman, the stuff happens in every game I play, tired of seeing no name RBs trucking James Harrison and dragging Woodley 3 yards down field every other play. :lol

I'm ever so tempted to trade mine in too. Having much more fun with NCAA this year.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Beh that sucks.

I'm quitting too once DM beats me. Losing to the fucking Bucs give me a break.

More time for FIFA and Civ that way.

Denog you need to join us in the fifa club for when you want a quick break from 2k. We had an 8-on-8 going yesterday.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AstroLad said:
Beh that sucks.

I'm quitting too once DM beats me. Losing to the fucking Bucs give me a break.

More time for FIFA and Civ that way.

Denog you need to join us in the fifa club for when you want a quick break from 2k.
I will play with you in FIFA any time. I thought the league was full TBH. I have NHL, FIFA, and Madden. I haven't leapt to NBA 2K11 yet (and even if I get it, I will not be doing a league).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
I will play with you in FIFA any time. I thought the league was full TBH. I have NHL, FIFA, and Madden. I haven't leapt to NBA 2K11 yet (and even if I get it, I will not be doing a league).
Oh you're in the only league. The Club itself never gets full, you just use your Virtual Pro to play in online matches with the whatever Club members are online. You can change your Pro's position at any time so moving around is easy. For example, live tends to play striker and I tend to play in the midfield. It keeps stats for everyone, and you get to move up divisions and get new stadiums and stuff as you progress (we got two new stadiums just yesterday).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408194

DenogginizerOS said:
Y'all are bringing the morale down....

Me getting the crap kicked out me because I have shitty depth and All-Madden cheating (this works both ways) like a motherfucker is bringing my morale down but I don't see anyone giving a shit about that. :lol

I'm not mad at anyone in the league or anything as I actually playing against everyone but the disconnects, not being able to play zone effectively since I only have one true cover corner who can play man, etc. is making me question my commitment long term. I'll most likely see this season to its end and make my decision then.

Nightz said:
I'm in the club, just haven't had time to play since 2K11 and its awesomeness came out.

Agreed.

This year for me.........

MLB 10:The Show > NBA 2k11 > NHL 11 > NCAA 11 > FIFA 11 (calm down, I'm not a big soccer aficiando) >>>>>>>>> Madden 11

Mrbob

Agreed with storybrook. Madden has fallen behind the other sports games. Just need to put in the time so I can get some overrated players to abuse with on All Madden.

DenogginizerOS said:
Joke post?

Madden and NBA2K switched roles this year. Well actually Madden is about the same. NBA2K stepped up this season. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope 2K gets another shot with the NFL license. I'm sick of Tiburon ruining Madden year after year ever since the 360 has been released.

TheCrow

storybook77 said:
Me getting the crap kicked out me because I have shitty depth and All-Madden cheating (this works both ways) like a motherfucker is bringing my morale down but I don't see anyone giving a shit about that. :lol
I'm still not sold on all madden. Playing defense and getting stops in madden 10 felt more rewarding.

Mrbob said:
Agreed with storybrook. Madden has fallen behind the other sports games. Just need to put in the time so I can get some overrated players to abuse with on All Madden.

Madden and NBA2K switched roles this year. Well actually Madden is about the same. NBA2K stepped up this season. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope 2K gets another shot with the NFL license. I'm sick of Tiburon ruining Madden year after year ever since the 360 has been released.

I just don't understand why the NCAA team were able to make such huge strides particularly in the way their online stuff is handled but the Madden team just hides behind their charts and numbers. The NCAA guys have also been much more forthcoming in admitting mistakes and trying to rectify them the best way they can. Why the hell Madden didn't go the tuner route to be able to fix some of the little things as well is a mystery to me.

TheCrow said:
I'm still not sold on all madden. Playing defense and getting stops in madden 10 felt more rewarding.

This is my main issue as well. I can call the right defense in '11 but get punished because I'm not very good at user controlling players on that side of the ball.

TheCrow

I'll definitely switch back to NCAA when madden 12 disappoints and if NCAA allows more than 12 players in an online franchise. At least get 32, its been about 3 years.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I do want to try out FIFA 11 Club one of these days.

But worried about getting it, and never getting anyone to play, you know, like Madden's 3 vs 3, or DR2 CoOp. Or Halo Reech 3 CoOp. No one plays RDR anymore. BURNOUT PARADIIIIIIIISE

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lonestar said:
I do want to try out FIFA 11 Club one of these days.

But worried about getting it, and never getting anyone to play, you know, like Madden's 3 vs 3, or DR2 CoOp. Or Halo Reech 3 CoOp. No one plays RDR anymore. BURNOUT PARADIIIIIIIISE
I think Club has played almost every night since release. Usually with 5 or more (although it's still really fun even with 4). It's by far my main mode in FIFA -- I'm either leveling up my Pro offline or playing with Clubs. Now obviously a couple people will probably fall off once the release hype dies down but there is a good core group there of people that are on almost every night.

Madden 3v3 was a steppingstone, if that. Clubs is a final product. You can even play GK ffs, and not only that I have seen Clubs successfully use it.

Nightz

AstroLad said:
I think Club has played almost every night since release. Usually with 5 or more (although it's still really fun even with 4). It's by far my main mode in FIFA -- I'm either leveling up my Pro offline or playing with Clubs. Now obviously a couple people will probably fall off once the release hype dies down but there is a good core group there of people that are on almost every night.
How noob friendly are you guys? I'm not a big soccer fan so I'm kinda scared to join and bring you guys down. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightz said:
How noob friendly are you guys? I'm not a big soccer fan so I'm kinda scared to join and bring you guys down. :lol
Don't even sweat it; I think like half the club is pretty new to FIFA. Bunch of guys barely have their Pros leveled up. Really doesn't matter. It's more about just getting a bunch of people together. Only thing I could ever see being irksome is someone just hogging the ball constantly and losing possession as a result, which is more about attitude than any skill (clubs puts a premium on good ball distribution).

LiveWire

Nightz said:

It's very noob friendly. Here's your checklist, regardless of your position on the field.

1. Make tackle (or save if you are the keeper) to take possession from the other team.
2. Pass the ball forward to LiveWire.
3. ????????
4. Live scores, team wins

Nightz

Alrighty, I'll try to join you guys this weekend (if koji hasn't kicked me yet for not playing any games lol).

LiveWire said:
It's very noob friendly. Here's your checklist, regardless of your position on the field.

1. Make tackle (or save if you are the keeper) to take possession from the other team.
2. Pass the ball forward to LiveWire.
3. ????????
4. Live scores, team wins
Sounds good. We can switch roles and you can have the same checklist if we ever play a team-up game in 2K. :D =P

Ramirez said:
You guys are really making me want to pick up 2K. :|
DO IT.

eznark

Banned
Does anyone play Air Force in NCAA? Might have to pick it up next year.

Just got Enslaved. I will document how long it takes me.

I don't understand how 2K11 works? Does one player get to play Stern? How else do the seasonal scripts get distributed, and why would anyone want to play the teams that the commish doesn't decide will win?

LiveWire

Nightz said:
Sounds good. We can switch roles and you can have the same checklist if we ever play a team-up game in 2K. :D =P

Pfft. I can handle myself fine in 2K. I just need to figure out how to stop freakin' Yao Ming from posting up on me.....so embarrassing... :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightz said:
Alrighty, I'll try to join you guys this weekend (if koji hasn't kicked me yet for not playing any games lol).
Just post in the thread and say you'll be on at some point. Koji took some folks off (posters I didn't even know fwiw) just b/c they hadn't played at all and weren't responding to invites so he figured no use in keeping inviting them.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Pfft. I can handle myself fine in 2K. I just need to figure out how to stop freakin' Yao Ming from posting up on me.....so embarrassing... :/
Well if he didn't have 40 " vert, i'd stop him just fine.

DCX

LukeSmith

Smokey and I will try and play tomorrow morning, otherwise I'm fine simming it.

NCAA and 2k11 are just providing experiences I've enjoyed more this year at the gameplay level. Outside of the game, MaddenGAF doesn't disappoint

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DMczaf said:
Couldn't make it, I was finishing up some work til an hour ago. I'm free after 5pm PST tomorrow.
k i have some work well into the evening so let's play it by ear if you're around

Ramirez

Nightz said:

DO IT.

I'm going to buy it tomorrow, hopefully I won't fall victim to GAF Hype.

Smokey

DCX said:
Well if he didn't have 40 " vert, i'd stop him just fine.

DCX

u mad?

ps: hookshots, turnaround jumpers, up and unders have nothing to do with vertical :p

Ramirez said:
I'm going to buy it tomorrow, hopefully I won't fall victim to GAF Hype.

A lot content in the game. Jordan challenges are sweet. Be warned: the game is harder than previous 2ks. You've got to really know who you're going up against and how to break down defenders to create your shot (ISO spam won't work all the time), and defensive awareness has been stepped up big time.

and be prepared for the best sports game intro evar!

McNei1y

eznark said:
f you guys, I'm jumping on the NHL bandwagon. Bill Abner says it's the best sports game ever.

I really want to buy NHL AND NBA 2K11 but I just bought Fifa 11.. FUCK! I hear NHL is really fun to play.

eznark

Banned
McNei1y said:
EA got lazy. Just like 2k has been lazy on MLB the past 5 years.

Garnett Lee actually PREFERS 2K to The Show...how does someone function as a human and still hold that opinion?

eznark said:
Garnett Lee actually PREFERS 2K to The Show...how does someone function as a human and still hold that opinion?

But....but...but....the Swing Stick! :lol

If The Show would just get it's online shit together..... :\

McNei1y

eznark said:

I have no idea. I really hate myself for buying mlb 2k each year... I just need to play a baseball game though. Neeeeed toooooo. I can't wait for MVP.

daw840

God damn it....I don't really have the spare cash to go and buy NBA 2K11, but I really want it. The way this league is going I kind of doubt that it will last like Madden 10 did. Makes me consider swapping this out for 2k.

Nightz

story would you be able to play in like 10-15? Got home from work early and have some time before I go out. We'd have to start by 5 PST.

bro's this league is going to continue on as long as we have a decent amount of players. there are quitters every year for a variety of reasons, madden will live on!

there are a lot of problems with this years game from a technical standpoint, but on the field it is superior to last years game. it is hurt by the fact that it's franchise mode isn't as robust as ncaa, but i still prefer the madden league simply because you are playing a human opponent every week. ncaa's fun comes in it's recruiting and race for the title, but playing the cpu 8 straight weeks at the end of the season kind of sucks :/

my last few games in madden have been awesome (well, for me because i won). rors, gcq, and crow i've had pretty tight games against. nba 2k could benefit from an online franchise mode. i'm excited about that season but it's kind of a let down with this one and done season, no continuation from season to season we just pick new teams and go with it.

Smokey

daw840 said:
God damn it....I don't really have the spare cash to go and buy NBA 2K11, but I really want it. The way this league is going I kind of doubt that it will last like Madden 10 did. Makes me consider swapping this out for 2k.

dawwwwwwwwww

league doesn't start until the 20th...not even by then?

Top Bottom