• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

eznark

Banned
I don't know what you told your guys between the first two quarters but man, your defensive line all of a sudden got amazing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Congrats Story!

Hey Matrix, things have been slow and steady. They refuse to allow me to trade Turner, so you missed nothing :p The big story is decent players, playing badly. Bob is ofer. Story, Smokey and I are 2-3 wins :/ Just a weird season.

DCX

Wow this could have been my year then! damn, oh well. That Turner shit is hilarious still.

Rorschach

Since there's so much bitching anyway, I'm bringing back player of the week and "rankings." I'll link them in text form so you have to go out of your way to be offended. If you don't like it, don't click!

Matrix said:
Just popping in to say hi and ask how the season is working out? I miss all this shit with you guys, but its better for me not to play anymore :(
Sup, Matrix!

Neo Raiders 84.44
Matrix's Scrubs 69.68

:cool:
(I know I got lucky... thank goodness for byes!)

League is going fine, but a couple dropped out as usual.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Since there's so much bitching anyway, I'm bringing back player of the week and "rankings." I'll link them in text form so you have to go out of your way to be offended. If you don't like it, don't click!
Ok... I have to stick around now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Sup, Matrix!

Neo Raiders 84.44
Matrix's Scrubs 69.68

:lol yea thank your lucky ass my best players were sitting :p Sounds like a typical season, awesome!

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Ok... I have to stick around now.
Tomorrow since the thing is easier when it's advanced. ;)

And my eyes! They hurt!

Matrix said:
:lol yea thank your lucky ass my best players were sitting :p Sounds like a typical season, awesome!
No Miles or AD! <3 :D

I won my other league game with the surprise pickup of Woodhead. :lol

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:

Sup, Matrix!

Neo Raiders 84.44
Matrix's Scrubs 69.68

YES!! Can't wait...

DCX

Rorschach said:
It's the time. Lot fewer plays run because there's so little time. One drive usually takes the first quarter. :p The averages are still ridiculous for all starting backs except 3.

the backs perhaps, but how would the time matter for completion percentages?

headed on to advance now!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the backs perhaps, but how would the time matter for completion percentages?

headed on to advance now!
People are passing less. It may seem counter intuitive, but that means that can account for higher incompletion percentages. Second, why pass when you can run? Also, some of us, have chosen not to pass anymore since you'll just get accused of cheesing or something. ;)

And lastly, your story is embellished in the passing department.

-Completion percentage is not WAY down. It's just down.
-There weren't multiple over 75%. Only 1.
-Engrish was not over 80%
-The only one that was way above the league standards was English and he was a fantasy QB with a fantasy Center protecting him.
-72.38% completion that Freeman is getting is above the league's #2 guy in season 4 (tristan riley - 71.95%) and above Peyton Manning in season 5 (72.25%)

That said, man coverage is improved and so is pass rush (on all-madden). The percentages are more reasonable. The real difference, though, is the huge dip in HB catches. :lol Only 4 in the top 20 and, of course, one is Forte! Good job, fellas!

Rorschach said:
People are passing less. It may seem counter intuitive, but that means that can account for higher incompletion percentages. Second, why pass when you can run? Also, some of us, have chosen not to pass anymore since you'll just get accused of cheesing or something. ;)

And lastly, your story is embellished in the passing department.

-Completion percentage is not WAY down. It's just down.
-There weren't multiple over 75%. Only 1.
-Engrish was not over 80%
-The only one that was way above the league standards was English and he was a fantasy QB with a fantasy Center protecting him.
-72.38% completion that Freeman is getting is above the league's #2 guy in season 4 (tristan riley - 71.95%) and above Peyton Manning in season 5 (72.25%)

That said, man coverage is improved and so is pass rush (on all-madden). The percentages are more reasonable. The real difference, though, is the huge dip in HB catches. :lol Only 4 in the top 20 and, of course, one is Forte! Good job, fellas!

1. well at least its down! last year there were tons of people hovering over 70%, whether you measured it after week 2 or after week 10.
2. yes, there were multiple qb's over 75%: english and manning. pretty sure there were others but i know for sure there were 2!
3. i said english was over 80% for a good deal of the season, not at years end
4. i didn't call you a cheeser for passing, i said it was annoying playing against 4 wide every single play of the game and you running the ball like 3 times..... which it is!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Captain Kave Man what is your schedule like tomorrow? I should be home all day except for a gym session. If you're going to be up I'll be home around 12:30 - 1 AM late tonight.

McNei1y

Wellington said:
Goddamn can someone beat CB3? I'd really rather not get into the muddled NFC wildcard race. Thanks pals.

I was close to it earlier in the season but he made a pretty surprising comeback in the last minute! Damn, me and not wasting the clock!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
McNei1y said:
I was close to it earlier in the season but he made a pretty surprising comeback in the last minute! Damn, me and not wasting the clock!
Were you the guy that scored instead of kneeling? I'm pretty sure that the games between CB and I over the last few seasons have always come down to the last possession with him having the ball, an scoring. :| It only got worse 'cause of Vick, have to protect speedy WRs and the potential to run.

If tiebreakers are indeed fixed, thankfully I've only lost out of conference games.

McNei1y

Wellington said:
Were you the guy that scored instead of kneeling? I'm pretty sure that the games between CB and I over the last few seasons have always come down to the last possession with him having the ball, an scoring. :| It only got worse 'cause of Vick, have to protect speedy WRs and the potential to run.

If tiebreakers are indeed fixed, thankfully I've only lost out of conference games.

Yeah, there was like a 1:20 left. I was within my own 10 so I was planning on running the ball. I did a quick pitch and broke a 90 yard touchdown. I scored instead of diving. Would've been game. : \

Aw well!

Miguel

I think Wells isn't going to be able to play his game tonight on account of not being able to stop crying after Eli curls up into the fetal position midway through the first quarter.

Texans 101 - Giants 2 (Slaton runs out of the endzone after catching the ball at the 1)

DCX

DCX
Round 2:
1. Colts - CB Tye Hill
2. Raiders - FB Owen Schmitt
3. Rams - FS Daniel Bullocks
4. Jets - DT Atiyyah Ellison
5. Broncos LOLB Cody Brown
6. Saints DT Tank Tyler
7. 49ers DB Fumble Lost
8. Eagles CB Dre Bly
9. Packers LT Levi Jones
10. Bucs DE Darren Howard
11. Cowboys pick was romo'd
12. Steelers Pick suspended on rape allegations
13. Browns DE Julius Williams
14. Bills ? Chad Reinart
15. Nightzes Myron Rolle (is he really in the game? lol)
16. Giants pick sacked
17. Lions after further review
18. Pats DE B. McCray
19. Panthers fumbled
20. Redskins DT Chris Baker
21. Cards FB Dan Kreider
22. Bengals FS Will Blackmon
23. Dolphins CB Whitherspoon
24. Chiefs Nope
25. Falcons WR Brandon Jones
26. Texans K Matt Stover
27. Seahawks Best WR Left
28. Vikings MMS submitted
29. Ravens null
30. Titans On the Clock
31. Jags
32. Bears

Remaining teams have until Sunday night's game to make pics, if not they will forfiet them and the free agent list becomes open to all.

DCX

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wellington said:
Captain Kave Man what is your schedule like tomorrow? I should be home all day except for a gym session. If you're going to be up I'll be home around 12:30 - 1 AM late tonight.

Tomorrow being Monday? If so we are on Thanksgiving up here in Canada so I have a day off tomorrow. I can go anytime before 5pm but all the kids should be gone from the house by 12:30 as well so I'm good for a late game tomorrow too if need be.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. well at least its down! last year there were tons of people hovering over 70%, whether you measured it after week 2 or after week 10.
2. yes, there were multiple qb's over 75%: english and manning. pretty sure there were others but i know for sure there were 2!
3. i said english was over 80% for a good deal of the season, not at years end
4. i didn't call you a cheeser for passing, i said it was annoying playing against 4 wide every single play of the game and you running the ball like 3 times..... which it is!
1. Nope.
2. Nope. Only 1 in season 4 and 5. And 5 was the most pass happy season of the entire league.
3. Fair enough, but I had the week 8 stats and it shows him at 76%. I don't know what "a good deal" is in terms of number of games.
4. I wasn't talking about you. That was a scrim. :p In a scrim, I might throw it 100 times vs fucking Willis and that overrated DL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix left AP and Mile's Austin on the bench. And perhaps Matty Ice will have a better game than Schaub.

GCQuinton

Birdman02 said:
GG GCQ. Your o-line dominated my front 7. A few costly turnovers really hurt my cause.

GG, man. My offensive line and defense stepped up bigtime, but even with that it basically came down to two big plays (DeAngelo's big run before the half and J-Stew's kickoff return). Definitely a battle the whole time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
I think Wells isn't going to be able to play his game tonight on account of not being able to stop crying after Eli curls up into the fetal position midway through the first quarter.

Texans 101 - Giants 2 (Slaton runs out of the endzone after catching the ball at the 1)
:lol :lol :lol

:D

DMczaf

I have 4 fumbles lost all season total, then I play you and I get 1 in the redzone after picking up a first down, and then another when i ate the ball because i was trying to avoid the INT so instead I end up with a fumble TD return.

Turn off fumbles! There's an epidemic!

Oh wait, I gotta threaten to quit to get my looney requests answered.

I QUIT! TURN THEM OFF OR ELSE!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Matrix left AP and Mile's Austin on the bench. And perhaps Matty Ice will have a better game than Schaub.

Yea by mistake :( What a fucking awful day for me football wise.

Thanks for being a huge jinx Mig!

Matrix

Smokey said:
nightz when can you play?

Yo hunt mig down for me. No trash talking from Texans fans before a game begins!

BigAT

Smokey said:
what game? the texans played today?

hmm, i have no knowledge of such game
9ycAr.jpg

AkaBalla

Why did Lonestar just go for it 4th and 4 down by 3 points in the beginning of the 3rd quarter at his 34 yard line? And to no boot it was a no huddle.. He made the conversation..

I'm allset with this :lol

Isn't this guy a vet?

daw840

AkaBalla said:
Why did Lonestar just go for it 4th and 4 down by 3 points in the beginning of the 3rd quarter at his 34 yard line? And to no boot it was a no huddle.. He made the conversation..

I'm allset with this :lol

Isn't this guy a vet?

LOL, are you typing with your phone? This post is nearly incomprehensible...

AkaBalla

:lol

Boy that was bad...

Anyways figure it out...

Ahh never mind, I'll type it out again..

Lonestar went for it on 4th and 4 at his own 34 yard line. He was down 3 points and there was 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. He converted the play with the no huddle on 4th and 4.

Better guys! :D

Lonestar

He can play the CPU if he wants. San can have the Patriots if he wants. Just not feeling this game anymore.

Lonestar

AkaBalla said:
Me and you both!

Still no excuse to take it out on your fellow Gaffer...

That's on you if you feel that way about 1 play. There's no malicious attempt towards you, I just made what I felt as a judgement call, as the 3rd down play I felt I should have gotten the first and didn't perform well on it.

Anywho

AkaBalla

Lonestar said:
That's on you if you feel that way about 1 play. There's no malicious attempt towards you, I just made what I felt as a judgement call, as the 3rd down play I felt I should have gotten the first and didn't perform well on it.

Anywho

Its clearly stated in the rules, what i was preparing for was a punt.. Why should i burn a TO in the 2nd half for a dumb play call that is against the rules.

Who cares how u feel about your execution, you didn't execute so punt the ball. It was only a 3 point game 17-14.. Not like it was a ugly game or anything and we couldn't score.

Lonestar

And it's why I backed out of the league. I remember the rules, and if I can't get myself to follow them, then I'm wasting my time and other people's time, because I've pretty much gone into "don't care" territory.

Top Bottom