• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

goldlion054 said:
Sable, when can i metaphorically bend you over in Madden? I should be good most of the day today. And today may be the only time i can play until Sunday. Just let me know

I'll be home around 4pm est, sunday would be past the deadline.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Chunky McRib is gonna get his career ended via Claymaker. 45-9, Packers over the Racists.

Claymaker, :lol O-ver-ra-ted! *CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Skins dominate for the first time all season. 31-17.

McNei1y

You have got to be kidding me EA.

At the most important part of the game.

4th quarter, 1:22. Im up 4. DCX passes. I tackle him and he fumbles. I recover it. We don't know if it was down or not. Game D/Ces right after it says "Jacksonville Recovers!!"

DCX

DCX

I have no clue what happened there..that fumble was not even close that was Dallas ball and then a disconnect? Fuck.. :(

DCX

McNei1y

DCX said:

I have no clue what happened there..that fumble was not even close that was Dallas ball and then a disconnect? Fuck.. :(

DCX

I don't even know what to say. That was a 2 minute drill right there. Fucking EA. smh

Edit: Should we discuss a method for rerunning the last 2 mins or something? Jesus man. That was an awesome game.

McNei1y

Well I'm going to be on xbox. I'll keep checking to see what we should do. I'm not really trying to replay since that was a game to the last minute. Let me know what you think.

DCX

DCX
Ok well here's my issue. I'd gladly play out 2 minutes but the first two minutes are not the same as the last two of a game or half? So how do i compensate for that?

DCX

McNei1y

DCX said:
Ok well here's my issue. I'd gladly play out 2 minutes but the first two minutes are not the same as the last two of a game or half? So how do i compensate for that?

DCX

I don't know but I think its the only fair way.

Maybe if we play till the 2 minute warning and we keep punting it or something. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't have any interest in the outcome of this game because I am going to stomp the hell out of Somnia when we play again anyway, but if both of you say Jacksonville got the ball on a fumble with under 2 minutes left, up 4.... I think that is close enough to the game being over.

DCX

DCX
McNei1y said:
I don't know but I think its the only fair way.

Maybe if we play till the 2 minute warning and we keep punting it or something. :lol
Fine whatev..Somnia this is for you!

DCX

McNei1y

Wellington said:
I don't have any interest in the outcome of this game because I am going to stomp the hell out of Somnia when we play again anyway, but if both of you say Jacksonville got the ball on a fumble with under 2 minutes left, up 4.... I think that is close enough to the game being over.

That's what I'd like to happen but the only reason I'd say the game would still be going is because whoever fumbled the ball may have been down.

I'll accept that in a sec. Finishing my sandwhich. So what are planning on doing. Punting?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
first off, i was going to challenge it, my guy got there waaaaayyyy before him...as a matter of fact i think it d/c because of it. Maybe it was going to booth review.

DCX

DCX

DCX
such a waster of time. We play out the two minutes. We decide not to punt till before half two minute warning so we have two minutes straight time correct? Well i throw a lol pick first 10 seconds, i stop him kicks a FG. I get the ball back and score a TD with 7:03 left, hence 1:30 straight time. He sends me a msg, ignore run off i have a full minute?!?! What?

I told him i didn't have the luxury of no run off when i started. So i said one minute you have all your timeouts lets go..well we play he gets in FG positions but the clock read 5:59 when he called a timeout...yea Over-time, he says no, i get an additional 30 seconds cuase of run off...game over, i quit. Sorry Somnia...not worth the effort. GG McFly, stupid ints on my part and your all world returner did me in.

DCX

McNei1y

DCX said:
such a waster of time. We play out the two minutes. We decide not to punt till before half two minute warning so we have two minutes straight time correct? Well i throw a lol pick first 10 seconds, i stop him kicks a FG. I get the ball back and score a TD with 7:03 left, hence 1:30 straight time. He sends me a msg, ignore run off i have a full minute?!?! What?

I told him i didn't have the luxury of no run off when i started. So i said one minute you have all your timeouts lets go..well we play he gets in FG positions but the clock read 5:59 when he called a timeout...yea Over-time, he says no, i get an additional 30 seconds cuase of run off...game over, i quit. Sorry Somnia...not worth the effort. GG McFly, stupid ints on my part and your all world returner did me in.

DCX

Dude, I agree that it sucks but I was keeping track of this. I'm trying to enforce the rules for both parts. You had no run offs since the clock stopped with each situation played. If you did have run offs I would have payed attention to it.

You got the ball on the kick off, about 7 seconds wasted. NO CLOCK RUN OFF.
You threw a pick, I was in FG range... NO CLOCK RUN OFF
I ran the ball. You called a TO, NO CLOCK RUN OFF.
I ran again, you called a TO, NO CLOCK RUN OFF.
I threw a pass, incomplete, " "
I kicked a FG. Kickoff, no clock run off.
You get 2 nice plays and hurry up both. Then throw a bomb for a TD. NO CLOCK RUN OFF since you never got into the huddle.

At that time it was ~6:56 when you kicked it off to me. That's an actual 1:04 seconds off the clock. I had 56 seconds to play with. I ran the ball for a few yards. You called a TO for your last. Next Mike Sims Walker caught the next for a first down. I got to the playcall menu and accepted the play at 6:45. It then ran off to 6:25 then actually counted down to 23 when I hiked the ball got a 50-60 yd gain. Then there was 6:15 when I went for the sideline. That's 3 seconds of playclock and than an extra 8 seconds from running with the ball. The clock ran off again and I called a TO realizing my guy didn't get out. That's when we discussed and you conceded.

With that math, that is 22 seconds actually spent on football, ignoring the run off (since there is no running clock in 2 minute drill). I had about 30 seconds left.

I've done this before in other leagues so I know how this clock run off works and being able to pretend its the 2 minute drill. It may not be pretty but its the only fair way when the game d/ces that close to the game ending.

Nightz

Don't worry guys, our savior will (hopefully) arrive in a few years!

"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season. It was rumored last month that the NFLPA, the official association representing players of the National Football League, were already in preliminary talks.

While nothing solid has been worked out, all the pieces are falling into place. Take-Two has sold of several major assets - including their mega-distributor JOAG in Cincinnati, Ohio in order to raise capital. We'll keep you updated as the details emerge."

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=448287

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
first off, i was going to challenge it, my guy got there waaaaayyyy before him...as a matter of fact i think it d/c because of it. Maybe it was going to booth review.

DCX
Sorry man it was hard to discern what you were saying so I just assumed you both meant it was Jacksonville ball since that is what McFly :)lol) said.

DCX

My bad.

Like I said, I will beat down Somnia anyways so don't worry bros.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:

Fucking EA had to start this shit. NFL2K5 was horrendous. I will always cite that one time I was down to Cloudy by 4 points with under a minute left. I just said fuck it and ran the ball with Tiki Barber, who proceeded to truck his way into the endzone for the game winner.

I should have just passed anyway, what with defenders that don't react at all to the ball whizzing by their helmets.

What an awful game. I still can't believe people prefer that to any Madden.

gg Sable

I would be the most bitter person ever if i were you. That Suh pick was just ridiculous. And Clinton Portis made my defense look like a bunch of fools

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
goldlion054 said:
gg Sable

I would be the most bitter person ever if i were you. That Suh pick was just ridiculous. And Clinton Portis made my defense look like a bunch of fools
Damn brother, you are doing great work putting down the rest of the NFC East. I salute you.

McNei1y

Wellington said:
Sorry man it was hard to discern what you were saying so I just assumed you both meant it was Jacksonville ball since that is what McFly :)lol) said.

I said that because it said Jacksonville... GOT IT! on my tv that's why I was saying that. However, when the guy fumbled it (that was questionable too) his lineman jumped on it first and then my guy did. I was surprised that it said I got it but the game said that so I was just going based off it.

Okay, game over. GG, sucks EA had to crap out on us.

Nightz said:

That's how I feel about baseball on Xbox. Once the MLB deal is up, EA should be making a game right away. MVP Baseball was just too good.

goldlion054 said:
gg Sable

Yea was a little mad about the two lineman picks but whatever I should have just pounded the ball all game I guess. My biggest mistake was saying not to put back in moss when the injury risk was low, he didn't come back till third quarter instead of having him in the first. Too many picks :(

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Fucking EA had to start this shit. NFL2K5 was horrendous. I will always cite that one time I was down to Cloudy by 4 points with under a minute left. I just said fuck it and ran the ball with Tiki Barber, who proceeded to truck his way into the endzone for the game winner.

I should have just passed anyway, what with defenders that don't react at all to the ball whizzing by their helmets.

What an awful game. I still can't believe people prefer that to any Madden.

Wait...you just described Madden 11. Trucking running backs who can't be tackled and defenders who don't react to the ball in the air!

Or isthatthejoke.gif?

McNei1y

Mrbob said:
Wait...you just described Madden 11. Trucking running backs who can't be tackled and defenders who don't react to the ball in the air!

Or isthatthejoke.gif?

:lol

I agree with trucking running backs but I haven't seen this much with defenders... Maybe I just miss it because I usually keep my eye on the offense and ignore whatever my Dbacks are doing until the ball is in the air.

Mrbob

I am so bitter about my dumb ass strong safety in this game. He was stride for stride with one of the redskins receivers and then BOOM. Receiver jet packs through him catches the ball and scores a TD. I'm cutting that fool in the off season he is killing my team on any type of deep pass. I need someone faster with better coverage skills in the secondary who isn't going to have a receiver go through his body to make plays.

I've been watching his play. He has been warped through four times already this league for scores. And the one time he makes a damn play he knocks the ball directly into the hands of a panthers player in double coverage who scores a TD off a rebound.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
I am so bitter about my dumb ass strong safety in this game. He was stride for stride with one of the redskins receivers and then BOOM. Receiver jet packs through him catches the ball and scores a TD. I'm cutting that fool in the off season he is killing my team on any type of deep pass. I need someone faster with better coverage skills in the secondary who isn't going to have a receiver go through his body to make plays.

I've been watching his play. He has been warped through four times already this league for scores. And the one time he makes a damn play he knocks the ball directly into the hands of a panthers player in double coverage who scores a TD off a rebound.
If there was only some good safties in the draft :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

Or isthatthejoke.gif?
:lol Yeah right.

It's one thing to get trucked by Jacobs, Barber, and Gore, but I just didn't give a crap charged my meter and plain ran over linemen with TIKI BARBER. No one in their right mind in our league would run the ball with 70 yards to go down by four.

It's one thing to abuse a low rated safety and another to pass all over Champ Bailey or Nate Clements in their prime. You could not run a competent D in that game.

It was easily the worst football game I ever played, easily eclipsing NFL Quarterback Club on SNES.

Top Bottom