• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

daw840

Smokey said:
dawwwwwwwwww

league doesn't start until the 20th...not even by then?

I'll make it work somehow. I might have to put on my Lt Dangle costume from Halloween last year and head on down to KC, MO.

Just for reference:

Dangle.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn gg. i knew that kick-lag missed XP was going to cost me the game the moment it happened :lol

oh well at least i won't have to break this baby out until next game. back to feefs!

DMczaf

gg

That last run to get closer for a FG was almost the dumbest play I've ever had. I BARELY got the timeout in before the clock hit 0:00!

I was like "JUST TOUCH ME! IM DOWN! IM DOWN!!" after the dive.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DMczaf said:
gg

That last run to get closer for a FG was almost the dumbest play I've ever had. I BARELY got the timeout in before the clock hit 0:00!

I actually thought you were trying to catch me in a FG block formation or something. The moment you snapped it I was sure the game was over but the madden gods were not smiling on me at key moments!

Miguel

DMczaf said:
gg

You weren't thinking endzone?

eznark

Banned
Enslaved is a ton of fun. Through 2 chapters and it's taken me a little over an hour without dying once, so it's not like I'm going slow. There are 14 chapters. Unless the rest is insanely chopped up and compressed, the folks who said they beat it in 4 hours are simply liars.

daw840

So, I just got beat by the Bills. Great game though, really close at the end. I had 3 opportunities to tie the game, but....shit.

I really wish he had a GAF account. I was reading his profile and it says he has zero finger movement. I am assuming this means he is quadriplegic. I really want to know what kind of setup he has to play games. He's damn good.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Round 2:
1. Colts - CB Tye Hill
2. Raiders - FB Owen Schmitt
3. Rams - FS Daniel Bullocks
4. Jets - DT Atiyyah Ellison
5. Broncos LOLB Cody Brown
6. Saints DT Tank Tyler
7. 49ers DB Fumble Lost
8. Eagles CB Dre Bly
9. Packers LT Levi Jones
10. Bucs DE Darren Howard
11. Cowboys pick was romo'd
12. Steelers Pick suspended on rape allegations
13. Browns DE Julius Williams
14. Bills ? Chad Reinart
15. Nightzes Myron Rolle (is he really in the game? lol)
16. Giants pick sacked
17. Lions after further review
18. Pats DE B. McCray
19. Panthers fumbled
20. Redskins DT Chris Baker
21. Cards FB Dan Kreider
22. Bengals FS Will Blackmon
23. Dolphins CB Whitherspoon
24. Chiefs Nope
25. Falcons WR Brandon Jones
26. Texans K Matt Stover
27. Seahawks Best WR Left
28. Vikings ON THE CLOCK
29. Ravens
30. Titans
31. Jags
32. Bears

Still waiting on the Vikings.
If Vikings don't pick move on...Ravens has no owners. So Titans, Jags and Bears make your picks.

DCX

daw840

Is anyone else having problems with the Madden site? The FIFA ad is covering up what's inside the "My Leagues" window.....

Nightz

daw840 said:
Is anyone else having problems with the Madden site? The FIFA ad is covering up what's inside the "My Leagues" window.....
I don't see a problem with them featuring a superior game. :lol

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Fucking fantastic. Thomas Jones out for 9 weeks...
You should be using Charles anyway. ;)

Wow... just checked and they rated both pretty high. You should use Charles more since he's a young buck!

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
Wow... just checked and they rated both pretty high. You should use Charles more since he's a young buck!

Speaking of using younger players more, did they change the potential system in this game or is it the same as last year where each player already has a designated rating after each year?

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Speaking of using younger players more, did they change the potential system in this game or is it the same as last year where each player already has a designated rating after each year?
It's probably still random. I don't think it was designated last year since our simmed leagues had different outcomes in ratings than our main league.

My thought was that it was based on potential, starts, downs played, and touchdowns, but that turned out not to be the case since bench players were getting 6 point upgrades with C ratings. :|

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
It's probably still random. I don't think it was designated last year since our simmed leagues had different outcomes in ratings than our main league.

My thought was that it was based on potential, starts, downs played, and touchdowns, but that turned out not to be the case since bench players were getting 6 point upgrades with C ratings. :|

Only reason why I say it was set because I had a regular team and a drafted team with some of the same players one each. Then the following season they had the same rating as the other league. Like Orakpo always went from a 78 to an 85 or 86.

DCX

DCX
McNei1y said:
Only reason why I say it was set because I had a regular team and a drafted team with some of the same players one each. Then the following season they had the same rating as the other league. Like Orakpo always went from a 78 to an 85 or 86.
Like Rors said it is a bit re-determined but there were variables. I had Matt Ryan in my own franchise go from 85 to 87 but in our league he went to 89.

DCX

BigAT

daw840 said:
So, I just got beat by the Bills. Great game though, really close at the end. I had 3 opportunities to tie the game, but....shit.

I really wish he had a GAF account. I was reading his profile and it says he has zero finger movement. I am assuming this means he is quadriplegic. I really want to know what kind of setup he has to play games. He's damn good.
I actually played on mic with him when we did our game. Very nice guy and he's pretty good, unfortunately he's stuck with an atrocious Bills team. He said he's signed up for GAF but hasn't gotten approved yet.

I actually had no idea about his condition until like a week or two after our game. It's probably for the best, I might have felt bad for beating him.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
That's weird because our league went way different. My WRs went up considerably higher in the simmed league. Morrison (my mlb) dropped a few points in this league and went up a few points in the simmed league. There were some that were the same, though.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey bros, i have a b-day party to go to tonight, so league will advance late tonight. there are only like 3 more games left, so hopefully they all get done!
gimme commish

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
looking at the overall stats for the league, it's pretty clear that defense is either highly improved this year or all-madden was the answer all along. scoring average is down from last year (not 1 team over 30 ppg), completion % is way down from last year (no one is over 70%; last year there were multiple players over 75% and english was over 80% for most of the final year), YPC is down (though still high for gore/mjd/etc), and although there aren't eye popping sack stats i can say that i have been getting a lot more qb pressures (this is also a reason for the lower completion %)
It's the time. Lot fewer plays run because there's so little time. One drive usually takes the first quarter. :p The averages are still ridiculous for all starting backs except 3.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
It's the time. Lot fewer plays run because there's so little time. One drive usually takes the first quarter. :p The averages are still ridiculous for all starting backs except 3.
Wow, I didn't really appreciate how crazy it is until looking at the stats myself.

The top 5 backs in yardage are averaging over 6.1 YPC. Jerome Harrison: 8.67 yards per carry over 69 attempts. 7 of the top 8 are above 5.9 YPC.

Rorschach

Daw, let me know when you can play. It's probably too late for you tonight, but let me know about tomorrow.

BigAT said:
Wow, I didn't really appreciate how crazy it is until looking at the stats myself.

The top 5 backs in yardage are averaging over 6.1 YPC. Jerome Harrison: 8.67 yards per carry over 69 attempts. 7 of the top 8 are above 5.9 YPC.
Yep and it was even worse last week. Check out Bradshaw. 12.65... It's not on many attempts and it's probably because the D gets lulled by Jacobs, but damn... :lol

What's the feeling on 10min quarters or at least 9 min quarters in season 2? :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Check out Bradshaw. 12.65... It's not on many attempts and it's probably because the D gets lulled by Jacobs, but damn... :lol
Finally some recognition! I can't let Bradshaw in the game too often because people would accuse me of cheesing. I can use them both interchangeably tho, last year I couldn't run with Bradshaw at all and actually had him as my third RB.

Mig says to skip his pick, btw.

Nightz

GG story. I knew I should have gone for 2 early in the 4th to try to tie it, don't know what I was thinking then. Then when I went ahead and tried to go for 2 to extend the lead to 7, I hit the Gameflow button and it called a run up the middle. -_- The fumble was a killer as well. Fun game though.

Now back to my Jordan challenges.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just popping in to say hi and ask how the season is working out? I miss all this shit with you guys, but its better for me not to play anymore :(

DCX

DCX
Congrats Story!

Hey Matrix, things have been slow and steady. They refuse to allow me to trade Turner, so you missed nothing :p The big story is decent players, playing badly. Bob is ofer. Story, Smokey and I are 2-3 wins :/ Just a weird season.

DCX

Top Bottom