• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

BigAT

GG DCX. That game, at least the first half, was kind of...out of control. So much for the "DEFENSE IS BACK" school of thought. Very good offensive play calling by you early on, I was unprepared on most plays.

Scoring plays of 32 yards, 75 yards, 85 yards, 102 yards, 78 yards and 71 yards. Wow.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
GG DCX. That game, at least the first half, was kind of...out of control. So much for the "DEFENSE IS BACK" school of thought. Very good offensive play calling by you early on, I was unprepared on most plays.

Scoring plays of 32 yards, 75 yards, 85 yards, 102 yards, 78 yards and 71 yards. Wow.
GG, you remain the monkey on my back. I choked that game. I got to giddy with a 14 point lead and panic ensued. I didn't stick to my new gameplan and reverted like a fucking turtle...

DCX

daw840

BigAT said:

One of the biggest reasons I am starting to hate this game...

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
One of the biggest reasons I am starting to hate this game...
Well, the KR shouldn't be counted.

THe pass to Miles was you trying to stack the box, just a perfect call, no safety help. A screen pass. You run was crap. Like the sea parted, made one move, if that 76 yard TD, and Jenning threw my CB off of him for a TD :/

I can live with that.

DCX

Rorschach

We asked for the return of big plays last year. I've never really felt cheated on big plays besides Frank Gore. ;) It's usually something I do manually (over pursuit ftl :(), something I call, or something the other guy calls.

On the big WestBrook run that FMT had against me, I just tipped my hat because I blitzed one side and left the other side wide open. He called the right play and I called the wrong one.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
We asked for the return of big plays last year. I've never really felt cheated on big plays besides Frank Gore. ;) It's usually something I do manually (over pursuit ftl :(), something I call, or something the other guy calls.

On the big WestBrook run that FMT had against me, I just tipped my hat because I blitzed one side and left the other side wide open. He called the right play and I called the wrong one.
Exactly. I got burned on man to man. When i called Zones i usually tried to user cover Finley..and i can't get there :/ I'm still working on it..i have caused coverage sacks with my manual D...but it means nothing if the next play i allow a 15 yard play :/

DCX

Miguel

I can't even blame the QBs on this one, this one is on me. Stupid decisions. Funny enough, the only INT that I don't think was a poor decision by me was Favre's when he came in for one series :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sable when you wanna go?*

*And by go i mean play for 2 quarters before these POS franchise servers kick us out

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Sable when you wanna go?*

*And by go i mean play for 2 quarters before these POS franchise servers kick us out
Remember when you were talking trash about how you were on U-Verse and never got disconnected?

8 games in, no disconnects for me.
25a1zqo.png

CB3

Wellington said:
Remember when you were talking trash about how you were on U-Verse and never got disconnected?

8 games in, no disconnects for me.
25a1zqo.png

Ive never disconnected in any game not named madden 11. Which Ian has acknowledged has a problem, yet doesnt do anything about.

Uverse record is still clean!

BigAT

I've seen some messed up stuff in Madden before, and this is certainly up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPs3IEoO5w0

I have 3 players with a decent pursuit angle on Felix Jones on this kickoff, in addition to the player directly in front of him. He spin moves the player in front of him, that I get, but then the 3 other players in pursuit do this synchronized conga-line bullshit where they stop for absolutely no reason and completely give up on the play.

Rorschach said:
He is a good player, but he threw picks in bundles vs the Lions and CB is a ball hawk.
To be fair two of the lions ones were insane dlineman picks. Also first game with cb was very close from what I remember, then he destroyed the cpu. That's ok whatever I'm not too concerned, I know I've been throwing far too many ints and costing myself wins.

Also cb maybe at halftime?

Rorschach

You have a bye, sable. And not saying it's a foregone conclusion. Just what I noticed when doing research for the rankings. And it was in response to the odds. :p
BigAT said:
I've seen some messed up stuff in Madden before, and this is certainly up there.

I have 3 players with a decent pursuit angle on Felix Jones on this kickoff, in addition to the player directly in front of him. He spin moves the player in front of him, that I get, but then the 3 other players in pursuit do this synchronized conga-line bullshit where they stop for absolutely no reason and completely give up on the play.
:lol That's so bad...

Rorschach said:
You have a bye, sable. And not saying it's a foregone conclusion. Just what I noticed when doing research for the rankings. And it was in response to the odds. :p
:lol That's so bad...
Hmm that's what I thought about the bye but cbs post seemed like it had advanced already, my bad

Edit: ah I see it was the lines throwing everyone off

DCX

DCX
I get if one of them bit on the spin and hesitated, but all of them at the same time? It's like the spin made them lose their accel and top speed while Jones kept his all the through the move :/
DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:

:lol Nice, we should all do this to point out flaws.

Had the same problem a while back.

Rorschach said:
He is a good player, but he threw picks in bundles vs the Lions and CB is a ball hawk.

Perhaps it was good defensive calling and playmaking by me? I had 2 fabulous user picks with Deandre Levy, thank you very much

those d-line picks were ridiculous. the one Suh tipped to himself :lol

jacobs34

Hey everybody. I'm the midseason replacement! I'll be joining the league as soon as I finish this post! Going to have to get some practice in with the Steelers, but with that defense it shouldn't be too hard to get used to playing with them.

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
Perhaps it was good defensive calling and playmaking by me? I had 2 fabulous user picks with Deandre Levy, thank you very much

those d-line picks were ridiculous. the one Suh tipped to himself :lol
Perhaps! But CB's team has been good at picks as well. That's all I'm saying!

CB3

jacobs34 said:
Are you saying that there is some kind of strange sports franchise based affirmative action going on?

I dunno. Lets give you a test.

How do you feel about Jeff Garcia?

jacobs34

CB3 said:
I dunno. Lets give you a test.

How do you feel about Jeff Garcia?

I feel the same way about Jeff Garcia as women with abusive boyfriends think of their ex-boyfriends. Sure he may have been ugly, strange and possibly gay, but at least he didn't beat me on a weekly basis.

Top Bottom