• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Brandon Jacobs is a Niner fan!? :(

Something I appreciate about the play art at the LOS (tho I still hate the play art mechanic because it fucks up your view) is unlike last year it shows who your blockers are supposed to pick up on running plays. It's a cool little touch IMO. It's especially helpful if you see a guy will probably blitz and the man scheduled to get him is a pulling guard, allows you to make the adjustment.

Somnia and I are scheduled for Friday, so no rush on the 'vancin.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BigAT said:
I've seen some messed up stuff in Madden before, and this is certainly up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPs3IEoO5w0

I have 3 players with a decent pursuit angle on Felix Jones on this kickoff, in addition to the player directly in front of him. He spin moves the player in front of him, that I get, but then the 3 other players in pursuit do this synchronized conga-line bullshit where they stop for absolutely no reason and completely give up on the play.
We have had 30 kick-off returns already this season. We are averaging almost 4 a week.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dammit my SC2 trial ran out. Does anyone have a key they are willing to give me? :D

Anyone getting MoH or Black Ops? Not interested in either. Too many of the same type of games has burned me out.

Like I said yesterday, if anyone wants to play some Madden tonight let's play! I need to stay fresh for the Somnia/CB/Sable gauntlet I'm about to run. I owe you a beatdown Crow!

Somnia

Wellington said:
Dammit my SC2 trial ran out. Does anyone have a key they are willing to give me? :D

Anyone getting MoH or Black Ops? Not interested in either. Too many of the same type of games has burned me out.

Like I said yesterday, if anyone wants to play some Madden tonight let's play! I need to stay fresh for the Somnia/CB/Sable gauntlet I'm about to run. I owe you a beatdown Crow!
I'm getting both on PC. Now if I could just get my mic working in my PC =(

I need some scrims on Thursday. Im so rusty at madden right now! Rors let's play some Thursday.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

I am getting Black Ops. My gaming time is limited so a multiplayer shooter is right up my alley. Reach is filling that niche for me right now, but all the game modes of Black Ops are attractive to me.

Daw, sorry about last night in Reach. I had to go pretty abruptly and I was on the phone, so no headset.

DenogginizerOS

Wellie,

I may have a SC2 trial or two to give you later.

As for other games, I have yet to play Halo Reach online (versus or co-op), I am currently working on Castlevania, I am playing FIFA and NHL online, and I have NBA 2K11 on PC that I am tinkering with (unsuccessfully). I am planning on getting Fable 3 at the end of this month and I am considering Black Ops and Vanquish for future purchases. But you and I can play SC2 (I suck), L4D1 or 2, Reach, scrim in Madden; etc.

I'll get MoH and Black Ops eventually (probably for PC) but I just picked up Mafia 2, Enslaved, and Castlevania yesterday plus I'm getting Rock Band 3 in 2 weeks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ok, NOBODY play Somnia before our league game, I need the win! Shit's about to get real in the NFC East, four of my next six games are divisional.

I am turrrrible at SC2 but I am learning it. Going with terrans first to get the game down then I will expand. My brother has been showing me the ropes. I never played the first SC, very different than the RTS games I am used to. I need to get my ass back into Halo as well.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Trial? Trial!?

son-i-am-disappoint.gif

Yea I got one I can give you.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Ok, NOBODY play Somnia before our league game, I need the win! Shit's about to get real in the NFC East, four of my next six games are divisional.

I am turrrrible at SC2 but I am learning it. Going with terrans first to get the game down then I will expand. My brother has been showing me the ropes. I never played the first SC, very different than the RTS games I am used to. I need to get my ass back into Halo as well.
Find a good build order that you like and then practice the heck out of it. You'd be shocked at what a difference it makes to just have the basics down early on.

McNei1y

DenogginizerOS said:
We have had 30 kick-off returns already this season. We are averaging almost 4 a week.

I had 2 in one game with Thomas but the game reset. He would've had 4 KR TD's and 2 punt returns.

eznark

Banned
When I play one of you assholes that is going to slaughter me, please let me return two kicks for touchdowns. I'd like that achievement.

Nightz

Man I've been neglecting SC2 and I feel bad. The past couple of weeks I"ve been juggling...

Civ V
DCUO
Madden
NCAA
FIFA
2K11
Reach

Madden's definitely at the bottom of the priority list. I'm waiting for the offseason stuff because that's where all the fun is. :lol

McNei1y

Nightz said:
Man I've been neglecting SC2 and I feel bad. The past couple of weeks I"ve been juggling...

FIFA
Reach
SC2

Madden's definitely at the bottom of the priority list. I'm waiting for the offseason stuff because that's where all the fun is. :lol

Agreed on the offseason comment. I figured out your list.

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:

Civ V
DCUO
Madden
NCAA
FIFA
2K11
Reach

wat...serious?

TheCrow

Wellington said:
I could use a little break from studying for midterms, so send me a IM. I haven't played since my dismal performance against FMT and I don't want to suffer a upset against the lowly Chiefs. :3

PBY

Banned
eznark said:
I'm on now. Gamertag?
peterb0y

give me a few mins to make myself some dinner, ill be online in like 10

edit: shit my roommates watching tv... can you wait for like 20ish more min? sorry man

PBY

Banned
eznark said:
What happened?
got disconnected.. happened in my other madden game too- my internet sucks, im using the wireless adaptor

if u wanna try again im down, if not i can go buy a long ethernet cable tom and we can play then, that should solve the problem

BigAT

I got another Starcraft trial code with my new graphics card (building my new computer as we speak) if anyone wants it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I got another Starcraft trial code with my new graphics card (building my new computer as we speak) if anyone wants it.
jawesome what will your new rig be?

I am getting good at this SC2 thing. Just stomped some AIs. I may be ready to get owned by humans soon!

Nightz

BigAT said:
Intel i5-760, GeForce 460 GTX 1GB.

HUGE upgrade over my current P4 3.0 Ghz (single core).
Cool, I'm running something pretty similar. i5 750 with a GTX 460. Runs SC2 and Civ V like a champ.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Intel i5-760, GeForce 460 GTX 1GB.

HUGE upgrade over my current P4 3.0 Ghz (single core).
I said goddamn.

Intel Core 2 duo e6600 (not overclocked) 2 gb ram and a 4670 :( Aside from the video card I built this thing in '07 - it's held up well.

Not building a new system next time. Going with a laptop so I can just bitch about Madden on the couch.

DenogginizerOS

What the fuck?!?! I am leading 38-21 with less then 2 minutes to go and "the connection to your peer is lost" right after an incomplete pass.

I am trading this garbage in. I will look for you guys in other games.

DenogginizerOS said:
What the fuck?!?! I am leading 38-21 with less then 2 minutes to go and "the connection to your peer is lost" right after an incomplete pass.

I am trading this garbage in. I will look for you guys in other games.

It was lame, but cmon man. Don't do that. Just play against the cpu and move on.

DenogginizerOS

goldlion054 said:
It was lame, but cmon man. Don't do that. Just play against the cpu and move on.
If I wanted to play against the All-Madden CPU, I wouldn't need this league, but, alas, I love playing humans.

DenogginizerOS said:
If I wanted to play against the All-Madden CPU, I wouldn't need this league, but, alas, I love playing humans.

we can play again if you want. I'm done with midterms and have a whole night ahead of me

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We vancin tonight? Seven games left.

Edit: Don't be mad at me for asking, it's 'vancin day afterall!

How many guys are having connection issues?

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
hey look, another trade in the NFL. How disgustingly unrealistic it would have been to make a trade in week 2.
:lol :lol So bitter, i love it :)

I will say, Marshall and White would have me closer to a 6-2 record than 3-5

DCX

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Disappointed, not bitter. Seems like most everyone is shitting on the league in general, I'm just joining in!
Maybe because it was mid season. Maybe in the off-season it will get approved.

DCX

Top Bottom