• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
GG, Rams suck...oh BTW, going for it with a lead is a no, no..you did it twice.

DCX

Blame the kicking system. 4th and short or kick a 54+ yard field goal. I'm going to go for it every time unless the meter gets smoothed out. Figured you wouldn't be happy about it though, sorry.

Playing realistically though, if a kicker sucks balls the team is going to go for it on those in betweeners so I don't feel bad about it.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Blame the kicking system. 4th and short or kick a 54+ yard field goal. I'm going to go for it every time unless the meter gets smoothed out. Figured you wouldn't be happy about it though, sorry.

Playing realistically though, if a kicker sucks balls the team is going to go for it on those in betweeners so I don't feel bad about it.
Understand the logic, but whats a rule if people are going to go rouge on them. You just missed 52 yard kicks, including the unnecessary one at the buzzer..it's not like you have a noodle leg kicker..and i'm the Rams for gods sake, have faith in your D and skills :lol :lol

DCX

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
Understand the logic, but whats a rule if people are going to go rouge on them. You just missed 52 yard kicks, including the unnecessary one at the buzzer..it's not like you have a noodle leg kicker..and i'm the Rams for gods sake, have faith in your D and skills :lol :lol

DCX
I just wanted the practice for that, and to show you why I went for it! He actually kicked it way, way further than I thought he could so I would have kicked the first one. That second one to end the game? Screw that, there is no way I wouldn't go for that. That is crazy talk. I make it 5 inches and I win the game.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
I thought it was 4th and short you could go for it regardless of the score?
Depended on field position last year, but FMT said there were new rules this year?

The only rules I know of are manual blitzing with the DBs/LBs, not being a douchenozzle, and no manual catch on offense.

eznark said:
FMT, who rage quits when they are winning?!?

:lol

sorry, my fios keeps resetting the wirless to "automatic" channel and i think that's what's fucking with my connection. need to do something about that!

i wish it stayed connected so i could get my 2 sweet user picks recorded! once again alex smith bests erron rodgers!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gah looks like the ea servers screwed up. was a nice defensive battle too

one weird thing i had on my kicks was the camera angle was like out in the stands so i couldn't line them up properly. weird

Rorschach

AstroLad said:

one weird thing i had on my kicks was the camera angle was like out in the stands so i couldn't line them up properly. weird
The camera goes crazy sometimes on kicks. It happens in 3v3 too when you play QB. -_-

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
oh ok good to know i guess :lol the sad thing was that was a 48-yarder or something and i hit 100% power and perfect accuracy which i have done all of never online so far and it just flew right into the post

Rorschach

Sometimes, you can wait it out or make it go away by trying to bring up the play art, but it doesn't always work. :(

Can't believe EA managed to fuck up something that is done like 15+ times a game... again. Hell, to start the fucking game you have to kick!

Ramirez

AstroLad said:

Yea, I knew as soon as it froze it was gonna d/c. :(

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

sorry, my fios keeps resetting the wirless to "automatic" channel and i think that's what's fucking with my connection. need to do something about that!

i wish it stayed connected so i could get my 2 sweet user picks recorded! once again alex smith bests erron rodgers!
Jump balls in all-madden...pfffffffffffffft. pathetix game on my part thoough. Sadly I really am better with Miami. Their defense just carries me.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Sometimes, you can wait it out or make it go away by trying to bring up the play art, but it doesn't always work. :(

Can't believe EA managed to fuck up something that is done like 15+ times a game... again. Hell, to start the fucking game you have to kick!

I was having issues with the play art in our game. I would pull it up and it would go away after like 3 seconds and I could never get it to come back.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Anyone having problems with calling an audible at the line after to did a hurry-up spike call?

I keep screwing up when trying to call a hurry up and calling the "Run up to the line and spike" play. So I get to the line, try to audible to another play, but it won't let me. Is this a "feature" of Madden 11?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:

It's pretty amazing. I mean it's one thing to have barely a roster update (with a totally revamped button map for audibles that has no arguable benefit over the old system and a new auto ask-madden system!) but for big bugs like that to creep into something that's barely changed is impressive. Never once had a similar problem in 10.

Ramirez

Mrbob said:
I was having issues with the play art in our game. I would pull it up and it would go away after like 3 seconds and I could never get it to come back.

Yea, this happens every time I play Rors (no one else), pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's lag or something...

Anyone want a game?

BigAT

Mrbob said:
I kind of assumed this was a "feature" of All-Madden. Higher difficulty meant you had to memorize the play better. Is this just a bug? I've gotten it as well.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
Yea, this happens every time I play Rors (no one else), pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's lag or something...

Anyone want a game?

Yea, it happened it my game against Rors last night too! Very strange....

3063.gif

Rorschach

:lol I wasn't even hosting my game with Ram! Does it disappear on offense or defense? Anyone else that play me have that problem? Played DM, Somnia, FMT, Miguel, Matrix, Sableholic, bigAT, Wellington, CB, Sanjuro, GoldLion, Crow...

[edit] I haven't had it happen to me, but I rarely bring it up besides maybe my assignment. You can bring up your individual assignment if the play art fails.

DMczaf

New interview with Rors's homeboy Ian

http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=1105

OS: NCAA Football 11 offers slider adjustments for online dynasties. Is this something you plan on making available for Madden NFL 12 online franchises?

Ian: I can never comment on when anything goes into a given year because I never know until the game ships [laughs] if it’s going to make it or not. That’s something [sliders] that we like a lot. I think sliders at this juncture have gained so much discussion and momentum -- so many people are so obsessed with tuning them to their liking that we need to find a way for people to share them across all modes. We need to have official ones. I think it is something you see a lot of in communities like Operation Sports or other places that will tune and tune and tune and tune and get these kind of officially approved sliders only for offline games.

It would be great if we could pull those up and we could make lobbies where people could play online games with those or drop them into online franchises or anything like that. I don’t know when that will happen. I cannot comment on that. We are definitely seeing that sliders are a major deal. At this point, they have gained so much popularity I think we want to do something so people have an easier time sharing them and, you know, discussing them. That’s part of the fun -- everyone debating which ones are the best ones.

OS: I don’t know if you noticed, but personally every time I run a play-action pass the fullback is running around in circles blocking nobody [laughs]. Have you used the different play-action plays and is this something your team is looking into?

Ian: [Laughs] I’ve played our game, yeah. I use the play-action plays. I mean it’s something we’re looking at. You know a lot of people are complaining about it. I think it’s always kind of a balancing act in blocking, especially in locomotion -- we are trying to get everything solid. You know it’s something we’ll look at. Typically when I run play action, I run just a couple play-action plays that I like a lot and most of them have the fullback running out to the flat. I get rid of it really quickly. But yeah, play action is dangerous right now. I mean there’s no doubt about it -- you got to keep an extra guy in if you want to have a little extra time. We’re definitely looking at it. It’s something that people are complaining about. Same with the kick return blocking.

OS: Okay, in terms of the defensive AI I noticed that if defenders are in a zone, typically in a yellow zone, they are slower to react to the ball -- they are kind of at a standstill. This happens on All-Madden. But when you play man-to-man coverage, defenders are very quick to react to the ball, but in the yellow zones they are reacting slower. Is this something that is involved with the locomotion system? Do you have any comments on this?

Ian: It’s definitely the locomotion. I mean, defenders right now typically have lower acceleration ratings, especially linebackers. So if they drop back into zone and they happen to get to a standstill, then it’s going to take a little bit longer to get them going again. Again, this is something that we are looking at. All-Madden they’ve got a little bit of a juice there to kind of help them speed up and get going faster. They have more awareness, they have better play recognition. Those get boosted. So we are looking to see if we can maybe fix that with code, or whether we can maybe just change ratings in a roster update or something along those lines. We want to get a balance.

A lot of feedback I am hearing for the most part is that the game is pretty offensive oriented, and I am seeing that, too. Especially we are looking at the stats that are coming in from the games and most of them are pretty high scoring. It’s something we want to address. Obviously you’ve got to balance that. You want guys to have fun when they play the game and offense is typically more fun, but you don’t want to balance it where you cannot stop anyone. Obviously, that’s another big problem. A lot of people look back to Madden 04 as like their favorite version of Madden. In that game, typically every game was about 75-70 in the final score. But we don’t want to get to that again. We want it to be really fun to run the ball and have a successful running game and passing game, but be able to stop someone if you know how to stop them -- if you know how to use the strategy.

OS: Yeah, I noticed in the open field that guys are breaking tackles and wide receivers are breaking tackles more often than not. And not only that, they are breaking them to the house after they wiggle free.

Ian: Yeah, a lot of that comes from the ratings differentiation that we have. We make our guys spread out a lot more so that defensive backs tackling ratings are pretty low. They are not good tacklers for the most part so you’ve got to kind of try and swarm around the ball. Again, that is something we are trying to tune and see if we can make it any better -- if it warrants it. We are just always listening to the community and the hot-button issues, and we go from there.

BigAT

Translation: Nothing is getting fixed and sliders still won't be in Madden '12 even though they've been in NCAA for the last two years already.

I don't think I've ever heard a single person say that Madden '04 is their favorite Madden. The most common response I've seen is usually 2005, which was defense oriented.

Rorschach

We need to have official ones
Play the game how we tell you to play it! >:| Madden team are such control freaks. I think part of it is that if something is broken, you have to go to them and beg them to fix it instead of simply fixing it yourself and moving on. They love the attention and groveling. Power trippin' motherfuckers!

BigAT said:
I've had it happen against other people besides Rors, although he is still a filthy cheater.
If you've got better ways to win, I'd like to hear them!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Anything to win!

Did it eventually go away or was it permanently gone?

It would sometimes come back but it would go away about a half-second or 1 second of viewing it.

And I don't think it's lag, because for the most part I thought our game was relatively lag-free.

And reading Ian's responses is infuriating. Total non-answers or outright lying. He should run for political office.

Rorschach

Yahoo FF league created. If you were in it last year, an email was sent to you. If not, a PM was sent with the info.

LiveWire said:
It would sometimes come back but it would go away about a half-second or 1 second of viewing it.

And I don't think it's lag, because for the most part I thought our game was relatively lag-free.

And reading Ian's responses is infuriating. Total non-answers or outright lying. He should run for political office.
Gonna have to get to the bottom of this. I wonder if it has to do with audibles. I often audible when someone else does.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, finally checking the yahoo page, and see what I assume was CB3's league, the one where it auto picked for everyone.

QB Tony Romo
WR Greg Jennings
WR Hines Ward
WR Michael Crabtree
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Steven Jackson
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
BN Joseph Addai
BN Braylon Edwards
BN Malcom Floyd
BN Ben Roethlisberger
BN Greg Olsen
K Sebastian Janikowski
BN Jeff Reed
DEF New York Jets

Think the CPU did better than I would have.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Hmm, finally checking the yahoo page, and see what I assume was CB3's league, the one where it auto picked for everyone.

QB Tony Romo
WR Greg Jennings
WR Hines Ward
WR Michael Crabtree
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Steven Jackson
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
BN Joseph Addai
BN Braylon Edwards
BN Malcom Floyd
BN Ben Roethlisberger
BN Greg Olsen
K Sebastian Janikowski
BN Jeff Reed
DEF New York Jets

Think the CPU did better than I would have.
:lol I hope he doesn't delete it, cause i wanna manage my team as well ;)

DCX

Rorschach said:
:lol I wasn't even hosting my game with Ram! Does it disappear on offense or defense? Anyone else that play me have that problem? Played DM, Somnia, FMT, Miguel, Matrix, Sableholic, bigAT, Wellington, CB, Sanjuro, GoldLion, Crow...

[edit] I haven't had it happen to me, but I rarely bring it up besides maybe my assignment. You can bring up your individual assignment if the play art fails.
Yes although I too thought it was some annoying new feature of all madden since it was my first game

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Where's my invite Rors?!

emo-parker.jpg
I checked my list twice and you weren't on it! I guess it turned out afterwards that you weren't around while I was gathering people because you were out on your birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'd be willing to start a second league if there was enough interest. We'd just have to hurry up and get people since draft times are all getting scooped up.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Yahoo FF league created. If you were in it last year, an email was sent to you. If not, a PM was sent with the info.

Gonna have to get to the bottom of this. I wonder if it has to do with audibles. I often audible when someone else does.
I hate you

Top Bottom