• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but before i quit the game i sent him a message that said GG!

surely that counts for something....
If I saw that before a rage quit, I would have thought it was sarcastic.

LiveWire

London Fletcher's INT was delicious. Alex Smith must've mistakenly used the word "cheeseburger" in his audibles at the line because Haynesworth just ate him up. Gore had one lucky run, and was held to like 2 ypc the rest of the game. Not that it mattered with the 49ers offensive coordinator putting the ball in Smith's
small
hands 30 times.

LiveWire said:
London Fletcher's INT was delicious. Alex Smith must've mistakenly used the word "cheeseburger" in his audibles at the line because Haynesworth just ate him up. Gore had one lucky run, and was held to like 2 ypc the rest of the game. Not that it mattered with the 49ers offensive coordinator putting the ball in Smith's
small
hands 30 times.

we'll just see what happens if you can make it to the playoffs ;)

LiveWire

The first season or after you've drafted your next Jack English auto-win QB? :p

I won't lie having a good QB is so much fun, it's like waking up and finding out an unknown wealthy relative died and you've now got a trust fund. :D

AstroLad said:
:lol that was great

:lol gg

fucking joey porter was beastin all game. stay away... nirvana style!

i think there is some type of glitch when you get the kR's to the sideline that the defense doesn't defend it properly. i have yet to see a KR TD up the middle, but every return for TD i've seen has been a kick all the way to the side or someone goes to the middle, then a quick jerk back outside.

i wonder if turning auto strafe off would help at all? although i'm sure it would have no effect for online franchise since that seems to be EA's story. "we have all these great features that you can turn on and off.... except when you play online franchise"

Rorschach

Kicks to the side are fucked because you're supposed to choose in your play which way you're kicking (Kick Middle, Kick Left, Kick Right). If you choose the wrong side, you're more likely to get a return. Most of those left/right kicks are probably due to the meter, so those were probably originally "Kickoff Middle" plays.

BigAT

Is anyone else besides really feeling the reduction to the playbooks this year? Maybe it's just the Packers playbook, but I feel like every time I try to find a fresh play, I'm just staring at the same 5-7 plays that are slightly adapted for each formation.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
Is anyone else besides really feeling the reduction to the playbooks this year? Maybe it's just the Packers playbook, but I feel like every time I try to find a fresh play, I'm just staring at the same 5-7 plays that are slightly adapted for each formation.

same

LiveWire

BigAT said:

Yes and no....while the default playbooks are definitely smaller, I feel like I'm actually able to take advantage of the entire playbook this year, instead of just 60-70% of it last year. I can actually call plays that feature curl routes now! I've also done some significant editing to the Redskins playbook in the Gameplanning mode. I would assume we can import that into Online Franchise, but that could be wishful thinking...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Yes 100%. I've used the Giants PB since I started playing Madden. Knew every play, every formation, and could easily go an entire game without calling the same play twice on O. It's stupid now, it's the same play across similar formations. The single back plays are the same as the shotgun plays.

My beef is if it's shown that the public uses the same like 4 plays, why even tinker with the playbook? Just let it be, no sense in wasting time on it.

I have not noticed a reduction on the defensive side of the ball tho, thankfully. I like getting a bit retarded with some of the calls there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, albiet in my limited time playing the game, I do notice more in-motion routes on the Patriots PB. Specifically for Welker's spot in the rotation (where he's in the depth chart as #2, but alot of times in 3 wide, will be in the slot WR spot).

Lots of in motion, followed by all types of slants (in and out, some double/triple moves included)/Go Routes, Curls, etc.

Haven't seen the dreaded HB Direct Snap yet :lol

BigAT

I just did the draft on my sim league, JaMarcus Austin didn't get selected until the 31st pick in the 2nd round. Even the CPU knows he's bad news.

daw840

Can someone please explain to me the different tackles in this game? I am just fucking around with the virtual trainer and it's having me tackle with the A button. What the hell does that do?

Nightz

Wellington said:
What's so bad about him?
Taken from the NFL thread:
xRVVi.jpg

Mrbob

BigAT said:

Yes. Not only that, the geniuses at Tiburon decided to keep the Bears offensive playbook mostly the same with the reductions. Glad to know Mike Martz offense is the same as Ron Turner's.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Yes. Not only that, the geniuses at Tiburon decided to keep the Bears offensive playbook mostly the same with the reductions. Glad to know Mike Martz offense is the same as Ron Turner's.
:lol

Mrbob said:

Cutler can throw picks in any offense so why does it matter?

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Can someone please explain to me the different tackles in this game? I am just fucking around with the virtual trainer and it's having me tackle with the A button. What the hell does that do?
I think that's the "assist" button where the AI tackles for you. Not sure, though... never used it. I just use X, hit stick, or I run into them.

Is virtual trainer still that hologram BS where it doesn't control anything like the real game?

Mrbob said:
From '04 'till '09 I had the exact same playbook. :|

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
I use Bears D and it's not nearly as good I feel. Much harder getting Dockett where I want him. :\

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:

Poutface McHalfbrain cannot handle a Mike Martz offense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whats the point of DM and FMT playing each other, other than to see who rage quits faster?

Rorschach

GG FMT. Sorry about the long pause, but I got an emergency call. I felt less bad about it when you ran down the clock on the pause, though. :p

OMFG RORS RAGE QUIT ON ME OMG!!!!! OMG GUYS!

gg tho. nate the great seals it with a 98 yard int return, 21-7 niners!

niners defense is great in a base D, but as soon as you get 3 or 4 wides it is hard because our backup corners suck :(

p.s. i didn't run the clock down! i repaused when i saw you weren't responding figuring you had something going on and then when i looked back there was the countdown there

Rorschach

That int was BS. Schilens was open, but then the stupid fucking botched snap animation came up and I couldn't' throw it. It doesn't let you throw for a beat. I get that like 5 times a game -_-

And I didn't rage quit. I said GG and then left just like you! I even let you run up the score before I left.

Rorschach said:
That int was BS. Schilens was open, but then the stupid fucking botched snap animation came up and I couldn't' throw it. It doesn't let you throw for a beat. I get that like 5 times a game -_-

And I didn't rage quit. I said GG and then left just like you! I even let you run up the score before I left.

exactly! so you agree with me!

Rorschach said:
:lol No, I just did it for irony's sake. It's fucked up because you don't get replays this year without a proper ending.

yeah i didn't think about that so i wont do it again but what's funny is it says "opponent disconnects: Ok" then "are you sure you want to quit? yes/no" no. "opponent disconnects"

i have no idea why they took out the option to continue vs. cpu

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have a winning records against rors (but he has outscored me by probably 30-ish points if you add up all the scores from the games :D )
Bah! I'll never lose to you again. I'll lose to anyone but you. That INT was lucky, the Gore TD was lucky, and the other INT was while I was on the phone because you unpaused it! Never again! I am going to run up the score every time, too!

Top Bottom