• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Fifty

I'm sorry to hear there are some bugs with this year's version. I hope they can patch everything and produce a game better than last year. I know they spend more money on ball rooms for the developers, and stocking the Maddenpalooza dressing rooms of Good Charlotte than they do for bug testing, but I nevertheless remain optimistic for all of my brothers here.

I want to give an official endorsement to Matrix as the Ravens owner. It brings a smile to my purple and black lips to see that change in ownership. He was always the Carrie Prejean to my Kyle Boller. It's nice to see him with a real team. Now, he just needs to stay positive!

I hope that the 6 new people are reliable, and that the league runs as well as it always has.

/stumpspeech

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll post this in here, where no one will see it, and I won't risk posting at all in Gaming Forum:

GamesCom 2010 Awards- and the winners are...

Best Hardware Accessory: Playstation Move

The nominees: Kinect, Cyborg RAT 7, Rock Band 3 Instruments, Move

jump_button said:

Pew2.gif

Safe and Sound!

That's my old school version of Console Trolling. Haven't done that in 8 years.

Sanjuro: I don't know which team I want to go with. Would help if I had played the game any during the last week. But from memory, I do love me those Welker routes. But I'm sure the Bengals defense is better.

Sanjuro

I've only been playing with the Pats. Their run defense and pass rush are just ugly. Maroney is very sporadic for the offensive run game.

Just had a great game against Wellington though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I played a game with Sanjuro and I know there was an issue with the line drive punts a few years back so after I thought he did it twice to me in a game, I brought it up to him. He claims that he wasn't trying to linedrive the ball at all and that he didn't even move the arrow. Here are the replays:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31663429

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31663195

I dunno, I can't tell, but it sure looks like linedrives to me.

It's whatever to me, but I am sure some people will get their panties in a bunch. It is unrealistic though, no punter in the NFL kicks like that.

Lonestar said:
Sanjuro: I don't know which team I want to go with. Would help if I had played the game any during the last week. But from memory, I do love me those Welker routes. But I'm sure the Bengals defense is better.

So just use the Pats playbook.

Sanjuro

I'm in the practice mode now with punting and it seems to be sporadic depending on where you hit the meter. If I went down on the arrow it was possibly by moving the stick to the direction of the punt, but so far in the few games I've played I've been terrible at punting the ball. Obviously I want to go for distance than kick the ball short.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
I played a game with Sanjuro and I know there was an issue with the line drive punts a few years back so after I thought he did it twice to me in a game, I brought it up to him. He claims that he wasn't trying to linedrive the ball at all and that he didn't even move the arrow. Here are the replays:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31663429

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31663195

I dunno, I can't tell, but it sure looks like linedrives to me.

It's whatever to me, but I am sure some people will get their panties in a bunch. It is unrealistic though, no punter in the NFL kicks like that.

So just use the Pats playbook.

I need Welker or Julian :p TO just runs his mouthDeep

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I want to give an official endorsement to Matrix as the Ravens owner. It brings a smile to my purple and black lips to see that change in ownership. He was always the Carrie Prejean to my Kyle Boller. It's nice to see him with a real team. Now, he just needs to stay positive!

Thanks zombie Fifty, glad to see you still walking the earth.

I'm positive, but honestly this is just for fun for me now. I can't afford to get caught up in drama or if I'm going to win every game. If I lose with a 90 ranked team, it just means I suck.. no big deal.

Only rage quitters get me pissed :p

gg live. pretty great performance by my defense except for 2 drives when mcribb managed to get out of the pocket and get some plays. that pass to crabby before the end of the half was freaking sweet!

also did you notice the error in scoring? i won 31-12, but at the end it showed 31-18. why? because that play you scored with mcnabb got ruled no TD, then you scored the next play, and they counted that as 2 TD's. wtf lol. i wonder what would've happened if you actually lost by 5 points, would the game said you win by 1 point?

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg live. pretty great performance by my defense except for 2 drives when mcribb managed to get out of the pocket and get some plays. that pass to crabby before the end of the half was freaking sweet!

also did you notice the error in scoring? i won 31-12, but at the end it showed 31-18. why? because that play you scored with mcnabb got ruled no TD, then you scored the next play, and they counted that as 2 TD's. wtf lol. i wonder what would've happened if you actually lost by 5 points, would the game said you win by 1 point?

Yea, and did you see the timeout that was called AFTER the 1st half went 0:00? WTF?

And that Crabtree play was SUCH BULLSHIT. I called Cover 4 and he outran DeAngelo Hall and the safety. Come the fuck on. :p

LiveWire said:
Yea, and did you see the timeout that was called AFTER the 1st half went 0:00? WTF?

And that Crabtree play was SUCH BULLSHIT. I called Cover 4 and he outran DeAngelo Hall and the safety. Come the fuck on. :p

first off hall is garbage.

secondly, it didn't look like a cover 4, hall was playing a medium zone and sitting at the first down marker, then crabtree got past him and had a few yards on him. should've played man bruh!

once i figured out your strategy on offense i contained mcribb!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
first off hall is garbage.

secondly, it didn't look like a cover 4, hall was playing a medium zone and sitting at the first down marker, then crabtree got past him and had a few yards on him. should've played man bruh!

once i figured out your strategy on offense i contained mcribb!

McRibb will not be contained. The only reason I struggle now is that I have Malcolm fucking Kelly. Did you see his Niners-era Brandon Lloyd imitation on that one seam pass? Ball is coming right fucking to him and he doesn't want any part of it. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ramirez

GG Lion. So tired of my players dropping easy INTs, I've played close to 20 games now I guess and Polamalu has yet to intercept a single pass, he drops everything, so lame. The fumble on the kickoff was smh inducing as well, and your KR touchdown was the result of my guy flying 20 yards in the opposite direction when I hit the tackle button...:lol

Only positive I took out of that game was Ben being 21/31 for 3 TDs and only 1 INT, that doesn't happen often when I'm passing. :lol

yea, GG Ram. I threw that curl early in the game and your safety jumped like a champion, but then he dropped it :lol But you threw all over me after i told your running game no. I have a feeling this is going to be the case often with my Lions.

<3 Megatron

Smokey

goldlion054 said:
yea, GG Ram. I threw that curl early in the game and your safety jumped like a champion, but then he dropped it :lol But you threw all over me after i told your running game no. I have a feeling this is going to be the case often with my Lions.

<3 Megatron

didn't know you had andre johnson on your team?

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
No other receiver in the league can run those routes?

The two De(i)ons did all right running them last year!

Is there any word on when the next roster update is coming? I lost my second best defensive line man (by Madden ratings) this past week so Im hoping some of my other dudes get buffed to compensate.

Also Aragorn Whitehurst and BMW totally need ratings boosts.

Sanjuro

I love the new options to customize the jerseys, I hope they add more features next year. I love the old Pats logo and wish they would modernize it to the current color scheme, it works pretty well in this game and I'm able to save my custom jerseys.

BigAT

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

Among other things:

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements

And some of you say there are too many KR TDs already?

daw840

Wait...what? You are going to be able to invite your friends to a ranked game? That seems easy to pad your record.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Wait...what? You are going to be able to invite your friends to a ranked game? That seems easy to pad your record.
Especially when they can just quit and give you a win instantly. Not that I care even a little about ranked games, but I'm sure there are some people that do.

BigAT said:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

Among other things:

And some of you say there are too many KR TDs already?

the blocking on KR's DOES need to be improved. if you watch replays it is pretty terrible. the blocking isn't the reason there are so many KR's. The reason is that a lot of your defenders are strafing and do not contain. I guarantee most KR td's come with a guy going to the middle and then cutting back to the outside quickly. Actually the KR team NOT blocking helps because the gunners/defenders get so far down field that by the time the cut back happens they cannot make a play.

they need to make your guys not strafe :/

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the blocking on KR's DOES need to be improved. if you watch replays it is pretty terrible. the blocking isn't the reason there are so many KR's. The reason is that a lot of your defenders are strafing and do not contain. I guarantee most KR td's come with a guy going to the middle and then cutting back to the outside quickly. Actually the KR team NOT blocking helps because the gunners/defenders get so far down field that by the time the cut back happens they cannot make a play.

they need to make your guys not strafe :/

I find it works best if the kicker kicks to one side or the other. Your KR angles back towards the middle and then when the defense bites that way then just shake it right back out. Bam, KR TD.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements

Those are the biggies for me. Honestly I think there is a major injury every game (knee, broken collarbone, etc).

Somnia

Well if they really fix the tackling and kicking meter lag I'll be happy. Now turn off auto-gameflow in franchise please.

Ramirez

So, if they improve pass defense are we sticking with All-Madden? I already see some smh moments with the pass defense on AM, I can't imagine if it got even better.

Ramirez said:
So, if they improve pass defense are we sticking with All-Madden? I already see some smh moments with the pass defense on AM, I can't imagine if it got even better.

bro play on all-pro. it is fucking NFL blitz pitch and catch bullshit. Receivers running WIDE open all the time, there's just no defense..... at all. you basically have to make god awful decisions in order to punt and most non-scoring drives end in a turnover, not a punt. i have yet to play a game on all-pro in which i haven't put up 4 TD's. so unless it cuts down on that we will stick to all-madden.

Sanjuro

The only thing I didn't like about All-Madden was the running game. Online isn't bad at all, solo I feel like I can't do anything properly.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
From the sounds of it, some key fixes will not be in place until late September. Perhaps we should consider playing a quick season now, and then once all the big patches are in place, we can start a franchise.

Ramirez

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
GG Ram. You just had one of those games where nothing you did went right after you did something that went right.

Yea, I can't believe I paid 60 dollars for this game. I'd love to know how the amount of broken tackles made it past QA, probably because there wasn't any QA done...fumbles on some of the weakest hits ever seen continue to plague me on kickoffs. Said it a billion times, but I throw so many INTs trying to throw in anticipation and either the WR doesn't make his cut or Ben doesn't throw it where the route is supposed to end, so stupid.

Top Bottom