• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

BigAT

eznark said:
I'm only one guy, and maybe it was because I passed so much to play with my new toy, but I hated the extra length. Felt like the game took a really, really long time.

Don't value my input too much though, once my wife has the baby I'm not positive I'll be able to participate at all.
Sounds like she already has one with all your whining about quarter length.

OH SHIT!

I'm for moving back down to 8 minutes as well.

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
Sounds like she already has one with all your whining about quarter length.

OH SHIT!

I'm for moving back down to 8 minutes as well.
I'll enjoy taking the Packers next year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
I'm only one guy, and maybe it was because I passed so much to play with my new toy, but I hated the extra length. Felt like the game took a really, really long time.

Don't value my input too much though, once my wife has the baby I'm not positive I'll be able to participate at all.
I had 36 carries by RBs and a kneel down and it felt like it took forever.

I understand that it's to facilitate the ability to come back but the flipside of this is that we may see more rage-quits. Dude's already frustrated then has to sit around for an extra long time.

In b4 DM exaggerating that we whine about everything.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
I know it's supposed to be a sim league but don't rest your starters!
Nope, I am running up the score on you. Nano-blitzes all damned day. In fact I may even try to bring back jetpacking, Ando style.

DCX

DCX
The extra time afford realistic plays per game. The issue is we are mentally prepared to score and play with 4 less minutes so we push forward more than we news to. Defense is going to be a.huge factor to keep good teams from doing them dirty in two quarters..

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
Nope, I am running up the score on you. Nano-blitzes all damned day. In fact I may even try to bring back jetpacking, Ando style.

if you try to take a delay of game to get more room for your punter at midfield, I'm declining.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
The extra time afford realistic plays per game. The issue is we are mentally prepared to score and play with 4 less minutes so we push forward more than we news to. Defense is going to be a.huge factor to keep good teams from doing them dirty in two quarters..

DCX

Realistic plays per game? So what's the fix for us being to able to run twice as many plays in the final two minutes of a half as opposed to real life? We get the ball with 30 seconds left and it's no problem to drive the whole field and you can incorporate passes that aren't towards the sideline as well.

I'm sorry my reading comp is off as it seemingly always is, but I don't understand what you mean with the last sentence.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
if you try to take a delay of game to get more room for your punter at midfield, I'm declining.
I'm cutting my punter for our game and I will be bringing on an extra speed receiver. 5 wide all damned day.

DCX

DCX
What I mean is usually first half is most teams best punch. Trying to score as much as possible. With that said a good player with two more minutes might put up two more touchdown on the board before half. Mostly due to the pace we play with 8 min quarters.

Defensive play is huge to keep good offenses from getting out to fast starts and a running game is crucial to keep the clock moving. I find it refreshing to get Turner 26 carries and Ryan 26 pass attempts and not feel like I had to pick pass or run as a focus. I played within a balanced gameplan and worked off the flow of the game.

The extra four minutes a game will help more than hurt. Sure in a blowout it will suck, but blowout suck no matter what. A close game will feel that much more epic and a team playing ball control can't take advantage of the short time.

I seen games where a team would run and run and dink and dunk having 25 min top and the other team have 15 pass attempts and 8 rushes..crazy.

DCX

DCX said:
What I mean is usually first half is most teams best punch. Trying to score as much as possible. With that said a good player with two more minutes might put up two more touchdown on the board before half. Mostly due to the pace we play with 8 min quarters.

Defensive play is huge to keep good offenses from getting out to fast starts and a running game is crucial to keep the clock moving. I find it refreshing to get Turner 26 carries and Ryan 26 pass attempts and not feel like I had to pick pass or run as a focus. I played within a balanced gameplan and worked off the flow of the game.

The extra four minutes a game will help more than hurt. Sure in a blowout it will suck, but blowout suck no matter what. A close game will feel that much more epic and a team playing ball control can't take advantage of the short time.

I seen games where a team would run and run and dink and dunk having 25 min top and the other team have 15 pass attempts and 8 rushes..crazy.

DCX

TOP:

DCX----- 27:56

Goldlion---- 8:06

I'm totally for 8 minutes quarters again, btw

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
TOP:

DCX----- 27:56

Goldlion---- 8:06

I'm totally for 8 minutes quarters again, btw
If it wasn't for two kickoff returns i'm sure the TOP story would be different, numbers don't always tell the story :/

DCX

Rorschach

I prefer 9 mins, but I'm all for democracy!

If this was an 8 min quarter game, the game would have been over in the first half vs Nightz. There was one point where he punted that would have made no sense in 8 mins that was absolutely the right call (as evidenced by the scoreboard!) in 9 min quarters. I also think that the plays run are closer to the real thing. 8 min quarters usually means that 20 carries = 4 or less passes for me. :|

I probably have the hardest schedule in the league, but I guarantee 14 wins if it goes back to 8 mins. :lol

[edit] Just noticed Bensly Blake is automatically my #2 highest rated offensive player and he's only a rookie. Thanks again everyone who passed on him for speedier guys!

2 TDs already. ROTY!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

Just so we're clear, the game I just played with Sanjuro I had 28:48 TOP and he had 33 pass attempts.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Let's not base things on a guy who uses a punter as QB. If you're looking for stat lines, I'd look elsewhere. :p
wP7bR.jpg

levious

what's wrong with his right hand?

Nightz said:
This is probably my last season anyway before I trade Madden in. :lol

you gonna spend that five bucks right away or preorder something?

Nightz

Rorschach said:
I prefer 9 mins, but I'm all for democracy!

If this was an 8 min quarter game, the game would have been over in the first half vs Nightz. There was one point where he punted that would have made no sense in 8 mins that was absolutely the right call (as evidenced by the scoreboard!) in 9 min quarters. I also think that the plays run are closer to the real thing. 8 min quarters usually means that 20 carries = 4 or less passes for me. :|
Yeah 9 minute quarters definitely helped out last night. You're right about that punt. I had to think a little bit if I was gonna go for it or not, but I felt like I would have had enough time to do something if I was able to get the stop.

IMO, 9 is a good length, but I can also see the other side if it's a blowout. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me. This is probably my last season anyway before I trade Madden in. :lol

Rorschach

levious said:
you gonna spend that five bucks right away or preorder something?
He's gonna take straight cash, homie. $1.50 right into his pocket. Lottery ticket and a public phone call to let everyone know he's about to be rich.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Just so we're clear, the game I just played with Sanjuro I had 28:48 TOP and he had 33 pass attempts.
Total 33 12 4 0 192

Dude, you're better than this.

33 Attempts sure. 12 completions which means alot of incomplete passes which stop the clock. 4 ints stop the clock and add to yours..in his case he slang and killed his own drives, plus the ints i'm sure led to more points for you, which in turn led for more pass attempts and ints :lol

He had 3 rushing attempts. Obviously he wasn't concerned with sustaining a drive.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Total 33 12 4 0 192

Dude, you're better than this.

33 Attempts sure. 12 completions which means alot of incomplete passes which stop the clock. 4 ints stop the clock and add to yours..in his case he slang and killed his own drives, plus the ints i'm sure led to more points for you, which in turn led for more pass attempts and ints :lol

He had 3 rushing attempts. Obviously he wasn't concerned with sustaining a drive.

DCX
The colts sustain drives plenty fine in real life.

levious

Just now leaving work Bob, let me know if you want to try tonight...

Mrbob

Won't be home till about 10 cst. I might have a nba2k game to get in though.

I'm home around 2cst tomorrow and should be free most of the weekend.

Mrbob

When are you home this weekend?

Looking forward to seeing how my first three picks turned out on defense. 3 of my 11 starters going to be raw rookies!

levious

Mrbob said:
When are you home this weekend?

Looking forward to seeing how my first three picks turned out on defense. 3 of my 11 starters going to be raw rookies!

I'll be home tomorrow after 630 est, saturday I should be free late afternoon and beyond.

I'm excited about my overweight running back value pick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Right...Sanjuru=Colts. Gotcha.

DCX
What? You said drives can't be sustained without running, I pointed out a real life offense that does it no problem. Never said Sanjuro is the colts. If you want a Madden example, Bob and Luke are consistently at the top of the league in terms of yards and points and neither care for running.

Regardless, my vote for 8 mins.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Sanjuro only had 155 yards of passing offense. :\ That's Luke's first quarter.

Mesko is not the future!
My dad says he'll be a good quarterback someday.

I'm also testing out my CPU drafted rookie back, he has A potential and nasty speed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright there were two things that really killed this league last year, and the disconnects have been solved by EA thankfully.

The other thing was the inconsistent advancement schedule. Are we back to the normal Wednesday/Saturday at 9 PST schedule? Please say yes. :| The lack of a hard schedule just let everyone sit on their laurels because they knew we'd wait. Whoever is the commish now, don't have a heart, hold to the rules!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Alright there were two things that really killed this league last year, and the disconnects have been solved by EA thankfully.

The other thing was the inconsistent advancement schedule. Are we back to the normal Wednesday/Saturday at 9 PST schedule? Please say yes. :| The lack of a hard schedule just let everyone sit on their laurels because they knew we'd wait. Whoever is the commish now, don't have a heart, hold to the rules!
if I were commish it would never fail.

DCX

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
My dad says he'll be a good quarterback someday.

I'm also testing out my CPU drafted rookie back, he has A potential and nasty speed.
Shit, if I would have known, I might have traded for Brady!

levious

time to get with the times, I'm keeping Romo employed so he doesn't have to resort to sorting glass recyclables.

BigAT

Wellington said:

Agreed, we need some discipline in the advancing. Enough of FMT's surfer attitude.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Smokey how's tomorrow a.m. ish look for you

no good gotta final in the morning i'm already panicking as it is don't want to have to worry about you and your goon tactics on top of it ;)

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
no good gotta final in the morning i'm already panicking as it is don't want to have to worry about you and your goon tactics on top of it ;)

You have a Test on a Saturday? Is DeVry doing that now?

BigAT said:
Agreed, we need some discipline in the advancing. Enough of FMT's surfer attitude.

i told you guys every wednesday/saturday advancement NO EXEPTIONS.

league started on tuesday night technically, so we're advancing saturday at 9 pm pst. then wednesday, and so on.

Top Bottom