• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

i don't even know if sable is in anymore. the last he said he wasn't going to play this season but then didn't drop out so i don't know. i'll boot him tomorrow if he doesn't respond

Smokey

Luke couldn't handle dat Texans ELITE defense and folded like a blanket (and mailed it in) the first of many opponents to do so. Who next? DCX?

:lol :lol

Rorschach

This is pretty sad if people can't even get the cpu games scheduled. I feel bad for our new guys. We never gave them all this league had to offer!

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
This is pretty sad if people can't even get the cpu games scheduled. I feel bad for our new guys. We never gave them all this league had to offer!
I plan on Meskowning the CPU right now.

Rorschach said:

i think what NCAA brought to the table damaged maddens bare bones approach to franchise. this caused a few people to abandon madden and stick with NCAA, and the people still in madden have tasted the sweet nectar of ncaa and its hard for them to be as excited about madden. but i still love madden! back to back championships incoming!

McNei1y

Yeah... thanks you guys. You never lived up to my expectations. You all suck!!!

Nah, I've had a good time so far. I hope next years is better. My only problem with this league was the end of last season when I didn't get a game in for three straight weeks (in game). That was about 2-3 weeks real time though too. (1 week for not making the playoffs but that's all on me).

What was so good about NCAA anyway?

Okay so Steelers, I play you this coming week. When do you want to get it in?

McNei1y said:
Yeah... thanks you guys. You never lived up to my expectations. You all suck!!!

Nah, I've had a good time so far. I hope next years is better. My only problem with this league was the end of last season when I didn't get a game in for three straight weeks (in game). That was about 2-3 weeks real time though too. (1 week for not making the playoffs but that's all on me).

What was so good about NCAA anyway?

Okay so Steelers, I play you this coming week. When do you want to get it in?

ncaa/madden aren't drastically different on the field. infact, on their default settings, i think madden plays a better game on the field.

what is good about ncaa is that you basically get the entire single player dynasty experience online. year end awards, heisman race, keeping records of every game you've ever played, full recruiting, prestige that can go up or down depending on your success/failure, custom schedules. imagine if online franchise for madden were identical to the single player game and that is what is good about ncaa.

as far as on the field, you can set your teams aggressiveness or conservativeness. for instance, you can set interceptions to conservative (less picks, but more knockdowns) or aggressive (higher chance of a pick, but higher chance of allowing a big play). then there are full online sliders if there needs to be adjustments to anything on the field.

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ncaa/madden aren't drastically different on the field. infact, on their default settings, i think madden plays a better game on the field.

what is good about ncaa is that you basically get the entire single player dynasty experience online. year end awards, heisman race, keeping records of every game you've ever played, full recruiting, prestige that can go up or down depending on your success/failure, custom schedules. imagine if online franchise for madden were identical to the single player game and that is what is good about ncaa.

as far as on the field, you can set your teams aggressiveness or conservativeness. for instance, you can set interceptions to conservative (less picks, but more knockdowns) or aggressive (higher chance of a pick, but higher chance of allowing a big play). then there are full online sliders if there needs to be adjustments to anything on the field.

Damn that sounds awesome. That's what I wish 2k and EA did. Made all of their online leagues just like the offline modes. Hopefully madden does this next year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I'm trying to get my game in but it's saying my roster doesn't have enough players, but it says my roster is full when I try to sign any free agents.

Rorschach

Kave_Man said:
So I'm trying to get my game in but it's saying my roster doesn't have enough players, but it says my roster is full when I try to sign any free agents.
You have to sign at least one of every position, but you need 2 backs, 2 qbs, and 2...I forget what position... just make sure you have 1 of everything.

[edit] Let me head on... I'll check it out!

McNei1y said:
Damn that sounds awesome. That's what I wish 2k and EA did. Made all of their online leagues just like the offline modes. Hopefully madden does this next year.

the only downside is that it's 12 players max :/

kave_man can you play when the week advances? you're the browns right? if so we play week 2!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
FMT, I just have to step out for a few minutes. I'll be back no later then 12:30 (eastern time) to play our game. (13 minutes)

edit: And back.

Mrbob

Daw are you officially using the Chefs? We play in Madden now!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i pray to god we play in madden this season. i'm going to crush you like you crushed me in NBA

:lol

My new DT will be coming for you!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
GG FMT.

I think that might have been the most frustrating game I've ever played in my life. :lol

Long drives that resulted in a TO every time and unable to stop your offense. After that first pick that you returned I pretty much knew it was over by then. Hard as hell to come back on you down 2 scores with that beast Gore there.

And even worse guys were dropping like flies that game. I have Harrison out for 6 weeks and Haden out for 3...sadness being swallowed.

i know the score looks like a blow out but that was a gg caveman. the only reason it got out of hand were 2 pick 6's and another turnover you had in the redzone. your run game is actually really good. usually people can't run well on the willis machine but you did. could've been a different game without the turnovers. and for what it's worth that first non-TD throw you had looked like a td to me!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh man I completely forgot about that one too!

That one was such a long time to build up. I kept saying to myself "just a few more runs then play action...just a few more..."

Top Bottom