• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
GG DCX. My defense really came to play in that one.....but I'm not sure how Tracy Porter got 9 tackles.
My defense didn't, at least on third down. The screen is a dangerous weapon. When you have Bush it's even moreso. GG.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
Levious you beautiful motherfucker, when can you play?

You made me hop back on thinking it was advanced... Goodell hasn't even played. I'm free after 7:00 est or so tomorrow, whenever you want really.

Great game again eznark.

eznark

Banned
The last minute was fun, the rest of the game you had me asleep! Good strategy.

I got lag-banged on that 1st and goal when the animation started late and I ended up out of bounds instead of throwing it away. BOO

BigAT

Cowboys/Giants is your game of the week. Top 5 in the power rankings:

1. Giants
2. Raiders
3. Saints
4. Packers
5. Jags

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
You made me hop back on thinking it was advanced... Goodell hasn't even played. I'm free after 7:00 est or so tomorrow, whenever you want really.

Great game again eznark.
Would 8:30 EST work for you? My body is ready.

Cowboys/Giants is your game of the week. Top 5 in the power rankings:

1. Giants
2. Raiders
3. Saints
4. Packers
5. Jags

I'm like Boise St. My ranking is inflated due to all the AI games I have played. I have matched up against CB, Bird, AT, and FMT, and the only one of those I won was against CB.

levious

Wellington said:
Would 8:30 EST work for you? My body is ready.

I'm like Boise St. My ranking is inflated due to all the AI games I have played. I have matched up against CB, Bird, AT, and FMT, and the only one of those I won was against CB.

8:30 sounds good, I'll let you know by late afternoon for sure if I can go tonight.

levious

tomorrow or Saturday would be best for me, but if that's no good for you, I'll make time tonight.

levious

Good game, sorry about that bs at the end, by mistake I called a fake field goal and couldn't call back to back timeouts...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
Good game, sorry about that bs at the end, by mistake I called a fake field goal and couldn't call back to back timeouts...
I should apologize to you for basically giving up after seeing the stuff you were doing. I'm surprised no one on here ever said anything negative about that. Had no interest in playing afterwards.

levious

Wellington said:
I should apologize to you for basically giving up after seeing the stuff you were doing. I'm surprised no one on here ever said anything negative about that. Had no interest in playing afterwards.

Can't see it on my phone, please explain, I don't want to do something that's considered cheese, sorry.

Ok, I watched it, you're complaining about me rolling away from pressure, or just rolling out in general? At least a third of those highlights you uploaded were incomplete. I really don't understand.

BigAT

Wellington said:
key_art.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
levious said:
Ok, tell me what I did wrong and I won't do it again.

You dared to avoid pressure, instead of sitting in the pocket. LIKE A MAN.

Well, maybe a couple times you ran 20 yards back with no pressure, but a few times you had to get out of there, because it looked like your line held up no one.

I'd say the 2nd, 4th and 5th plays, you just ran backwards/sideline for no reason except to do it. The other plays I feel that pressure created the reason to move.

I think it's called "pulling a Cloudy", which is the "immediately run to the nearest sideline, and wait for crossing routes to open up" play.

levious

Am I allowed to step up in the pocket? He got pressure off the left side most of the game, I was running scarded in the pocket sure, but it was due to what he was able to do himself... My scoring or big plays weren't off rollouts/scrambles so I don't know why he's complaining. I really got some lucky breaks, the game was a lot closer than the score indicates... Next time I'll try not to scramble without reason and see if he can score on offense at all...

Rorschach

You're allowed to scramble. You're just not supposed to run around (and back 20 yards) like a chicken with its head chopped off at the snap of the ball. It's frowned apart for the most part.

I know I get nervous when I start feeling a big rumble before I can even process what's going on, but I tend not to scramble because my tackles suck and my QB has no legs or hands. :p

Wellie didn't say if you were doing it all game or just those plays.

Just looked at the whole video.

1- should have stepped up in the pocket, but eh... most people in the league don't do that anyway.. it's always East and West on instinct. Looked like a panic moment.
2- dunno what this is... Clean pocket and excess blockers.
3- wanted to scramble right, but then saw big blue blob and headed left lol (you might have had a lane on the right between the tackle and guard btw!)
4- This one is ridiculous. No completion, but still.
5- ran back 20 yards. Again, no completion, but damn. 20 yards!
6- seems like a panic mode thing. AI sucks at PA blocking sometimes. -_-
7- ran back a shit ton. Didn't let the back pick up the block.

All in all, 3/7 completions. In my opinion, 3 of them are understandable, but the rest range from questionable to ridiculous. Yeah, I've seen Tony Romo run back 30 yards and make a 1 yard completion before, but we don't do that here.* ;)

[edit] Yeah, the instant pressure thing is understandably frustrating. I get it all game. But there are other ways to combat it like quick drops, extra protection, etc. On a couple of those, you had a clean pocket with more than enough blockers to buy you time. I do understand that it gets in your head after your OL gets eaten up all game, though.

btw- scrambling makes your OL/HBs/TEs release their blocks, so you end up getting more pressure than staying in the pocket or just moving around inside the pocket.

*Unless you're Josh Freeman or Alex Smith

levious

Sometimes if everything feels covered after the snap I'll try to roll out just so I can throw it away, I'll not do that anymore if it's such an issue but look at the box score, I really don't think he can blame the loss on those highlighted plays.

CB beat me like 58-3 earlier and I wasn't playing any different so I really don't feel apologetic...

Rorschach

levious said:
Sometimes if everything feels covered after the snap I'll try to roll out just so I can throw it away, I'll not do that anymore if it's such an issue but look at the box score, I really don't think he can blame the loss on those highlighted plays.

CB beat me like 58-3 earlier and I wasn't playing any different so I really don't feel apologetic...
Yeah, I try to get out to throw the ball away, but if I see a lane or open guy I throw it. Got called for intentional grounding the last game because I didn't quite make it. :( Damn you, Lions!

Still, I don't run backwards 20 yards to do it.

Had you guys played before, btw?

levious

that was our first matchup, I'll try not to drop back so deep, I really don't think I did it all game, or that any major plays occurred from me doing that - although he did get two big sacks off of me doing that I'd say. Only one I can think of is the slant pass to Austin in his highlight reel, and I'm pretty sure it was 3rd and long and I was desperate.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Like Rors said, it's not against the rules to scramble, but it is frowned upon to drop back 20-30 yards. Heck I got shit earlier this season for doing like 12 step drops, so I leveled them off. As you saw in our game I went side to side with at least a potential to scramble for yardage.

The bottom line is that I lost interest in this league a while ago. Playing that many AI games and then also having my main rival (CB) not care anymore either kinda does that. Only reason I was still bothering with the league was to play against you and when I saw that crap I stopped caring.

There were more plays like this but the game for some reason doesn't show replays where the ball is thrown OOB or the QB is sacked. I should have shown time in the game, because the entire first drive was completions down the field in that fashion.

I understand wanting to scramble since I do lead the league (comfortably) in sacks, but that stuff was a bit ridiculous. If you want to play like that next game that's fine and I can counter it defensively, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Mrbob

Levious just beast Wellie with your TE. I saved that youtube video for future scouting against Wellie drop back zones.

levious

I ran throughout didn't I? And I set up that screen and a FB play action nicely I thought.

If the replay is unavailable you usually can still create a highlight and view it that way.

I'll be careful not to drop back that deep, in my mind it was a product of you getting off my RT quickly almost all game and that I fumble rather frequently with Romo and was just running scared.

I had a number of quick passes off the snap as well, don't try to say I was doing any one thing all game...

well bro's, the season is winding down and it will probably be our last season with madden :(

BUT, to show my appreciation for those who actually stuck around to the bitter, bitter end i am going to give a free copy of marvel vs. capcom 3* to the superbowl winner.

that's right, shipped directly to you! unless you feel weird about giving me your address.... if that is the case then you can come to my house in california. we can hang out and maybe go bowling? wherever the day takes us!

anyhow, lets finish strong and remember cheaters never win and winners never cheat! lets have a clean playoffs!

or any other game you want.... regular edition only! don't feel like spending $150 on modern warfare 3 with real gun or something

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well bro's, the season is winding down and it will probably be our last season with madden :(

BUT, to show my appreciation for those who actually stuck around to the bitter, bitter end i am going to give a free copy of marvel vs. capcom 3* to the superbowl winner.

that's right, shipped directly to you! unless you feel weird about giving me your address.... if that is the case then you can come to my house in california. we can hang out and maybe go bowling? wherever the day takes us!

anyhow, lets finish strong and remember cheaters never win and winners never cheat! lets have a clean playoffs!

or any other game you want.... regular edition only! don't feel like spending $150 on modern warfare 3 with real gun or something

noooooooooooooooo. Why did i have such a poor season =((

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, i don't want any CPU teams in the playoffs, so if there is ill have to figure out people to fill in (likely the afc east and north as it appears now)

hey.... how are you doing? you look nice today. wanna come over and talk about this? maybe we can work something out? Maybe i'll even let you smang it?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Is it going to be embarrassing when I beat you in MvC3 with the copy you bought for me?

DMczaf said:
And then he's forced to switch QB Coach/Offensive Coordinators every 6 months for 6 years?

He deserves better!

no. in the alternate reality, josh freeman and mike singletary are both masters of their craft and win a lot of championships in san fran. but in the alternate reality josh freeman is white and mike singletary is mexican

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Fuck, now I have to win the SB.

Btw- can we hurry it up? I want to finish the league before I have to resubscribe to XBL!

WTF? You should have bought one of the $39.99 cards this week on Amazon!

Top Bottom