• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

Akuma and Taskmaster are locked at the beginning of the game. To unlock them, players need to earn Player Points. Akuma unlocks at 2000 PP, Taskmaster 8000 PP.
Fucking lame. Capcom is so archaic in their approach to everything. They still make some good games, but there's always something antiquated about it. Be it the online, control scheme, presentation, early 360 micotransrapements, or BS like this.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rors, I'm curious, what games *do* you like? I think you've ripped everything under the sun. (Not that the Capcom thing above is a rip)

Also, can we power through to the end of the season? There's only a handful of us left, no sense in not being able to get the games in quickly. I am rushing to get eliminated in my first playoff game, as always. :|

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Rors, I'm curious, what games *do* you like? I think you've ripped everything under the sun. (Not that the Capcom thing above is a rip)

Also, can we power through to the end of the season? There's only a handful of us left, no sense in not being able to get the games in quickly. I am rushing to get eliminated in my first playoff game, as always. :|
I've been trying to get a hold of Bird we have a big game this week, but nothing :(

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Have been wondering about DCU as well.

FFXIII is ok. Pretty graphics and all. But I'm a pretty mild videogame critic. I'll leave the angry lambasting of games to others with far more talent for it.

Just give me Little Big Planet 2, Uncharted 3 and the next Batman: Arkham game, and I'm probably set for the year. Though Test Drive Unlimited 2 might get a purchase. That 1st game had some kind of hold on me.

No fighters for me, I'm rubbish at em.

Nightz

So I'm officially trading in my copy of Madden this week. See you guys in Madden 12 if they fix online franchise!
I'll be back even if they don't :(

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Is this because I said I wasn't interested in DR2? Not being interested doesn't mean I'm bashing it. Go ahead and love what you love! <3 I just wanted that phat discount.

I'm not going to list every game I've liked. I guess my GOTY 2010 was Iron Man 2. That was the shit! War Machine up in this ho!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Is this because I said I wasn't interested in DR2? Not being interested doesn't mean I'm bashing it. Go ahead and love what you love! <3 I just wanted that phat discount.

I'm not going to list every game I've liked. I guess my GOTY 2010 was Iron Man 2. That was the shit! War Machine up in this ho!
Nah not at all. IIRC you hated Dead Space and a number of other niche titles that everyone seemed to love. DR 1&2 are hit and miss

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Nah not at all. IIRC you hated Dead Space and a number of other niche titles that everyone seemed to love. DR 1&2 are hit and miss
Didn't hate Dead Space. I said I hadn't finished it and was kinda bored with it at the time. I asked if it was worth it to get back to it. Other told me it wasn't (ez/blue). So I guess I wasn't alone!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Didn't hate Dead Space. I said I hadn't finished it and was kinda bored with it at the time. I asked if it was worth it to get back to it. Other told me it wasn't (ez/blue). So I guess I wasn't alone!

That game was boring as shit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Ok so maybe I blew it up in my head. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well I haven't played it so I can't comment. I grabbed it via the Steam Holiday Sale for cheap. Once I wrap up a couple of the games I am currently playing I will give it a go.

I will likely trade in NFS:HP (For some reason it just does not hold my attention even though I like that style of racer) and one other game for DCUO. I just want to clear through some of this Steam backlog first. DAMN YOU GABE.

Nightz

Wellington said:
I will likely trade in NFS:HP (For some reason it just does not hold my attention even though I like that style of racer) and one other game for DCUO.
mr-burns-picture.jpg

Rorschach

BigAT said:
For real? I LOVED Dead Space. I don't know what you guys are talking about, I can't wait for DS2 in a week.
Dunno. What I played of it was nice enough. One of those by the numbers deals where they get a nice polish on everything. Solid game. A bit easy. Couldn't hold my attention with other things grabbing my attention. Apparently, I was near the end, though. heh

[edit] FMT and others said it scared the crap out of them. I guess that's part of the draw, but didn't grab me like that at all. I don't really get scared by games, though. I prefer "creepy" and twisted rather than scary.

Rorschach said:
Dunno. What I played of it was nice enough. One of those by the numbers deals where they get a nice polish on everything. Solid game. A bit easy. Couldn't hold my attention with other things grabbing my attention. Apparently, I was near the end, though. heh

[edit] FMT and others said it scared the crap out of them. I guess that's part of the draw, but didn't grab me like that at all.

did you get to the part with the monsters that move fast as shit towards you?

bluemax

Banned
I didn't even think it was that scary, it was like a 4-6 hour game that they stretch out to 8 hours with a really shitty mini game (the asteroid shooting one) and a whole bunch of dumb fetch quests.

I'll admit to beating it on easy, but if your game only relies on difficulty to be scary then it's not actually scary.

bluemax said:
I didn't even think it was that scary, it was like a 4-6 hour game that they stretch out to 8 hours with a really shitty mini game (the asteroid shooting one) and a whole bunch of dumb fetch quests.

I'll admit to beating it on easy, but if your game only relies on difficulty to be scary then it's not actually scary.

well part of the game being suspensful (not scary) is losing. if you're breezing through with health constantly full and a bunch of ammo then it's not the same as conserving your ammo and health and making good use of it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck man, I'm a huge pussy when it comes to games and movies. I was freaked out even playing Batman AA. :( You should have seen me playing Silent Hill when it came out, I had every light on and my back against a wall. :(

i also got the game singularity for $10 and its a pretty decent game. its kind of like bioshock (they actually ripped it off pretty badly.... but still a good game for $10-ish)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
who gives a shit about ronde? he's a scumbag. got his brothers wife pregnant and then let his brother take the fall for his affair with the intern. disgusting

:jakncoke

Birdman02

DCX said:
I've been trying to get a hold of Bird we have a big game this week, but nothing :(

DCX

Sorry man...totally my fault. I can play at 6:15 est tonight if you can go then. Other than that, I have to wait until my son goes to sleep around 9.

If you won't be able to play then, I can sign out after work today, so you can play the CPU.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Sorry man...totally my fault. I can play at 6:15 est tonight if you can go then. Other than that, I have to wait until my son goes to sleep around 9.

If you won't be able to play then, I can sign out after work today, so you can play the CPU.
I will see if we can roll around 6:15. I'll make arrangements with the misses.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Anyone know of any good deals for MvC3? It seems like the Amazon $10 credit is really the only one at the moment.
amazon 20 bucks card for 10 would net you MVC3 for half price.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
How do you figure? $60-$10 credit-$20 card+$10 for the card = $40
The Amazon deal. Get three cards for 30 bucks. 10 a piece. 20 dollar cards x 3 is 60. - 10 coupon. So for 30 bucks you get the game and 10 extra bucks in your account.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
The Amazon deal. Get three cards for 30 bucks. 10 a piece. 20 dollar cards x 3 is 60. - 10 coupon. So for 30 bucks you get the game and 10 extra bucks in your account.

DCX
Isn't that limit one per person?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Isn't that limit one per person?
One limit per account. If you, lets say, made three accounts ( different email addresses+ same CC ) one would say you can achieve this goal.

DCX

Rorschach

Oh... nm what turned out to be a scam was salva's original link because he was using referral. Tricky bitch. Surprised he wasn't banned.

Top Bottom