• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
WTF? You should have bought one of the $39.99 cards this week on Amazon!
I'm still pissed that they ended my last one short and took away 6 months, so I only resubbed for 3 months... and only for this league!

Plus, I'm broke!

lenlesser640.jpg

I'm on a very fixed income!

Rorschach said:
I'm still pissed that they ended my last one short and took away 6 months, so I only resubbed for 3 months... and only for this league!

Plus, I'm broke!

lenlesser640.jpg

I'm on a very fixed income!

well you'll have an additional $60 which you would've spent on MvsC3 if you win the superbowl! i'm rooting for you!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well you'll have an additional $60 which you would've spent on MvsC3 if you win the superbowl! i'm rooting for you!
Maybe. PS3 version has so many things going for it: community, free online, and fighting stick!

Rorschach said:
Maybe. PS3 version has so many things going for it: community, free online, and fighting stick!

serious question but is there a reason you have to install things after you download them on ps3? it's really annoying. does MS have a patent on downloading/installing at the sametime or something?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
serious question but is there a reason you have to install things after you download them on ps3? it's really annoying. does MS have a patent on downloading/installing at the sametime or something?
Dunno, but I won't be downloading anything, so I don't really care. ;b

Bullshit that some of the characters are being held back for dlc, though. h8 nextgen.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I can play monday or tuesday night after 7:30 est, probably won't have a chance before the games tomorrow.

Rorschach said:
Dunno, but I won't be downloading anything, so I don't really care. ;b

Bullshit that some of the characters are being held back for dlc, though. h8 nextgen.

meh, not a big deal. it's not like we're getting 12 characters and a bunch are being held back. 36 characters right off the bat is no joke. i know marvel vs. capcom 2 had 56 characters, but most of them were basically just pasted in from their respective previous games. only a few truly new characters (jill, marrow, the megaman kids.... uhhh.... a few others).

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, not a big deal. it's not like we're getting 12 characters and a bunch are being held back. 36 characters right off the bat is no joke. i know marvel vs. capcom 2 had 56 characters, but most of them were basically just pasted in from their respective previous games. only a few truly new characters (jill, marrow, the megaman kids.... uhhh.... a few others).
It's bullshit. I don't care if it's 1 character. It's still bullshit and you're part of the problem!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn FMT, you really don't have to. I'm sure we could all put like $5 at the beginning of a season, and assumig 32 teams, winner gets like $100 gift card, SB loser gets $40 gc, you keep $20.... But that could lead to sharkwaters type stuff.

What system are you bros getting MVC3 for?

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
Damn FMT, you really don't have to. I'm sure we could all put like $5 at the beginning of a season, and assumig 32 teams, winner gets like $100 gift card, SB loser gets $40 gc, you keep $20.... But that could lead to sharkwaters type stuff.

360. PS3? lol.

Wellington said:

nay! i don't mind spending monies for a good cause!

and i'm getting it for 360

Rorschach

Wellington said:

PS3 since that's where I have my stick and I don't want to pay for Live anymore. :p

Oh, and these guys won't play more than a couple times the week of release then never again!

Rorschach said:
PS3 since that's where I have my stick and I don't want to pay for Live anymore. :p

Oh, and these guys won't play more than a couple times the week of release then never again!

yep, you'll find a lot more people playing it on ps3!

p.s. we still play marvel vs. capcom 2 from time to time but its hard because i just beatup on CB over and over again

Rorschach

I'll still be playing with GAFers a year later. That's the smart move! If you just want to rent it or trade it away after a week, then you go 360 to play a couple of week 1 games with Madden GAF. Maybe CB will stop bitching about how unfair versus games are to get two sessions in.

Rorschach said:
I'll still be playing with GAFers a year later. That's the smart move! If you just want to rent it or trade it away after a week, then you go 360 to play a couple of week 1 games with Madden GAF. Maybe CB will stop bitching about how unfair versus games are to get two sessions in.

i have probably 80 gaffers on my PSN friends list and i have never seen one playing marvel vs. capcom 2

Mrbob

Spartacus is back and more popular than ever!

Gods of the Arena' premiere delivers record 'Spartacus' ratings
by James Hibberd

Jupiter’s c–k!

Any concerns Starz may have had about continuing with the Spartacus franchise are surely going to be erased by this news: Prequel series Gods of the Arena premiered Friday night and delivered 1.1 million viewers for its first airing at 10 p.m. then another 753,000 viewers for its encore at 11 p.m.

That 1.9 million tally is higher than the combined Friday night airings for any episode of Spartacus season one, and is up about 70% from the premiere of Blood and Sand. Given the way the first season’s ratings built over time, there’s a chance these numbers could similarly climb in the coming weeks as more fans realize the show is back.

You can't stop Spartacus DM!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Spartacus is back and more popular than ever!

You can't stop Spartacus DM!

You can always take solace in knowing Spartacus would never leave a battle halfway through because of a knee injury

eznark

Banned
Sorry, I think so. I'll do my best to make time. Spent most of the night last night on the phone hustling Super Bowl tickets and trying to convince people to drop $3500 to go with me. Unsuccessfully...:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
Sorry, I think so. I'll do my best to make time. Spent most of the night last night on the phone hustling Super Bowl tickets and trying to convince people to drop $3500 to go with me. Unsuccessfully...:(
Dude. YES.

I say it all the time, not trying to make the trip to SB 42 is one of my biggest regrets. Win or lose the big one, your team doesn't make it every year. At the time I think I could have done it for just $1800 (Glendale Arizona, vs. Dallas Texas accounts for most of the diff). I am still kicking myself.

I have a surprise bday party to go to after work, should be home around 10 EST.

eznark

Banned
Tickets have already dropped in price to $2200 so I'm hopeful. If I can get them for $1800 or so I'll just buy two and take my dad with me. Wife won't let me spend more than $4000 on the tickets though. Call me whipped but with a new baby the fact that she is letting me go that high seems reasonable!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
Tickets have already dropped in price to $2200 so I'm hopeful. If I can get them for $1800 or so I'll just buy two and take my dad with me. Wife won't let me spend more than $4000 on the tickets though. Call me whipped but with a new baby the fact that she is letting me go that high seems reasonable!
That's just for tickets? Wow. I was looking at $1000 per, and the airfare to AZ was jacked up. Good luck.

gg levious. i took a big time gamble on the blitz with you pinned back against the goal line for the safety.

god alex smith is horrible sometimes. i didn't call my first playaction pass until late 3rd quarter and i had crabtree WIDE OPEN in the flats with no one around and alex fucking airmails that shit so far to the sideline that not only can i get no additional yards, crabtree cant even fucking stay inbounds to catch it!

thank god ill have a real qb in madden '12.... a real qb....

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg levious. i took a big time gamble on the blitz with you pinned back against the goal line for the safety.

god alex smith is horrible sometimes. i didn't call my first playaction pass until late 3rd quarter and i had crabtree WIDE OPEN in the flats with no one around and alex fucking airmails that shit so far to the sideline that not only can i get no additional yards, crabtree cant even fucking stay inbounds to catch it!

thank god ill have a real qb in madden '12.... a real qb....

I told you Greg McElroy is The Future!

Top Bottom