• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

sableholic said:
nope just wanted to be sure, from the previous quote by donny_moore it wasn't too clear that OF was going to be updated this week as well, however ian_cummings is a little more clear:

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings/status/23265533652
"FYI - rosters (incl online franchise) will be updated this week, hoping for Thu or Fri depending on test and approvals."
Ah yeah, we saw those. Phew. You never know with these guys.:lol I thought you were going to say that they scrapped OF rosters for good.

BigAT

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
My first game playing as the Bengals...SUCCESSFUL! I raped BigAT.
:D

Mason Crosby is back in form.

dwyPm.jpg

Nightz said:
I know this is completely random, but I'm just wondering...what software do you guys use when you work on your claims?

we've used a couple different ones. when we were 21st/AIG we used PLCS (personal lines claims s....omething?) and now with farmers we use CRN. in 2012 we switch to HEART (lollllz).

plcs is a web based server system, not unlike the madden league. CRN is some ms-dos type shit, i don't even know.

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we've used a couple different ones. when we were 21st/AIG we used PLCS (personal lines claims s....omething?) and now with farmers we use CRN. in 2012 we switch to HEART (lollllz).

plcs is a web based server system, not unlike the madden league. CRN is some ms-dos type shit, i don't even know.
Ah ok. Reason I asked is the software company I work for makes claims software for a bunch of insurance companies. Guess Farmers isn't one of them. :lol

Nightz said:
Ah ok. Reason I asked is the software company I work for makes claims software for a bunch of insurance companies. Guess Farmers isn't one of them. :lol

well we have other "systems", such as colossus, XM, and claimsIQ which we use to evaluate serious injury claims. we also have mitchell and CCC Portal used to evaluate damage to vehicles!

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well we have other "systems", such as colossus, XM, and claimsIQ which we use to evaluate serious injury claims. we also have mitchell and CCC Portal used to evaluate damage to vehicles!
Small world then, I work for Mitchell. We're all connected somehow!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im gonna tell EA to put the Bob achievement in Madden 12

Instead of throwing 6 picks in a game, its throwing to Hester on wheel routes 6 times a game

important question for everyone in the league!

when the league starts tomorrow or friday, do you want injuries on or off?

the reason i ask is as you can see from playing exhibition games, some big time injuries happen, and they aren't little touch injuries where your dude is back in a couple plays.

i personally am fine with them on, but i know some people have expressed concern. majority rules in this instance. EA is said to patch the injuries to tone them down a bit, but that patch isn't here yet. do you want to play with fire or do you want to be a bunch of va jj's?

Mrbob

I know Rors wants to keep them on, but he basically ruined play art for everyone so I say we keep them off! Is there a way to turn them back on after the patch?

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:

the reason i ask is as you can see from playing exhibition games, some big time injuries happen, and they aren't little touch injuries where your dude is back in a couple plays.

i personally am fine with them on, but i know some people have expressed concern. majority rules in this instance. EA is said to patch the injuries to tone them down a bit, but that patch isn't here yet. do you want to play with fire or do you want to be a bunch of va jj's?

If im in for sure, I want them off until their fixed (which wont matter anyway since the league has started). I'm the skins in another league and I literally have my best player at every position injured. (a bit of an exaggeration). McNabb, Haynesworth, Portis, Williams, and Orakpo... 3 of them for 2 weeks, the rest for the season.

Birdman02

I'd prefer to keep injuries on. There haven't been many in my scrimmages or tournament games that I can remember, so I don't really see what the big complaint is. That said, I'll probably lose half of my roster in my opening game against the Vikings.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ON. worst-case scenario i get a bunch of ridiculous injuries and at that point we can just restart the franchise

Mrbob

Lol dudes do you guys want half the league to quit after the first week?

Game is laggy. Kicking isn't fixed. Defense isn't fixed. And now everyone's starters will be out so no incentive to play. Maybe we can recreate 1987 and have all replacements in for our players on the rosters!

McNei1y

Mrbob said:
Lol dudes do you guys want half the league to quit after the first week?

Game is laggy. Kicking isn't fixed. Defense isn't fixed. And now everyone's starters will be out so no incentive to play. Maybe we can recreate 1987 and have all replacements in for our players on the rosters!

Well, since you put it that way, we can all sign 60-70 overall free agents and then we will all be on the same level!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The game is already a joke. I would prefer they be off but since we are damn the torpedoes with getting this league started, we should just leave them on. Heck, we should go all pro too and just have mega shootouts. And why not a fantasy draft, too? And how about nano blitzes? They would be a blast.

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
The game is already a joke. I would prefer they be off but since we are damn the torpedoes with getting this league started, we should just leave them on. Heck, we should go all pro too and just have mega shootouts. And why not a fantasy draft, too? And how about nano blitzes? They would be a blast.
Sell your game already. :lol

denogg brings up a good point. if you join the league, please be prepared to at least stay the entire season and not be a debby downer. the game has problems as every game does but if you're going to go into the season already hating it and acting like it's a chore to play then why bother?

not that i want anyone quitting before the season starts, but if you honestly cannot stand to play the game then just don't play. better now than in week 6 or something.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
are injuries as bad in OF as in quickplay? b/c i remember last year it was totally different
They haven't been in my experience, but I recall McNei1y saying he had huge losses in his league? If they're as bad as regular online games, where runningbacks are made of stone and anyone who runs into them leaves on a cart, then that's pretty bad.

From what I've seen in OF, Franchise, and Ultimate Team, they aren't as bad as scrims.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
They haven't been in my experience, but I recall McNei1y saying he had huge losses in his league? If they're as bad as regular online games, where runningbacks are made of stone and anyone who runs into them leaves on a cart, then that's pretty bad.

From what I've seen in OF, Franchise, and Ultimate Team, they aren't as bad as scrims.

Well, I've been in two leagues that ran for a season.

1 league, I was the jags. I had MJD out for the entire season as well as Justin Durant... 2 injuries. It may not seem like alot but it matters when they are some of your best players. (I can play with minimal damage though)

The other league, the skins, I had those 6 I mentioned... It could just be the players since Haynesworth goes down on every play, McNabb misses half a season, Portis does too, etc etc... :lol

But the game that McNabb went down, Grossman went down as well (just for the game). It was garbage.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Well, I've been in two leagues that ran for a season.

1 league, I was the jags. I had MJD out for the entire season as well as Justin Durant... 2 injuries. It may not seem like alot but it matters when they are some of your best players. (I can play with minimal damage though)

The other league, the skins, I had those 6 I mentioned... It could just be the players since Haynesworth goes down on every play, McNabb misses half a season, Portis does too, etc etc... :lol

But the game that McNabb went down, Grossman went down as well (just for the game). It was garbage.
Well, those players are injury prone. McRibb is understandable.. Portis too. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ummm yea I'm not well at all and I posted about it two days ago FMT, you need to find a replacement for the Ravens.

I simply can't play in the league this year, had to quit the NCAA league as well.

Take care guys.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
Ummm yea I'm not well at all and I posted about it two days ago FMT, you need to find a replacement for the Ravens.

I simply can't play in the league this year, had to quit the NCAA league as well.

Take care guys.

Sorry to hear Matrix. Feel better. If you do recover enough to play over the next few weeks, join the NHL league! :)

I'll take the Ravens in your stead.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Sorry to hear Matrix. Feel better. If you do recover enough to play over the next few weeks, join the NHL league! :)

I'll take the Ravens in your stead.
Why would he want to deal with your shitty play all the time?? ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Off then on like Sable.

If what McNeilly said above and what we have seen in regular online games are any indication, it's going to be a disaster. I have Sage, I'm 3 deep at S and RB, 4 deep at CB, 4 deep at DE etc, so it won't affect me much, but what's going to happen if (when) teams that don't have the depth lose their top guys? The Jags might as well roll over without MJD this season for example. What if the Bills lost Spiller or DM lost the ability to Freeball?

I'll roll with it if it's on because I have enough bodies to plug in, but if we do leave them on I suggest putting a system in place for picking up waiver wire free agents because it's going to be a free for all (worse than last year).

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
denogg brings up a good point. if you join the league, please be prepared to at least stay the entire season and not be a debby downer. the game has problems as every game does but if you're going to go into the season already hating it and acting like it's a chore to play then why bother?

not that i want anyone quitting before the season starts, but if you honestly cannot stand to play the game then just don't play. better now than in week 6 or something.
I am frustrated that we have to wait until the end of the month before we get a game that has the patch we need. I want to play football, but I don't want to play a broken football game where broken tackles, HB passes, missed XPs, and kick returns are the big plays. But if we are plowing forward, then I will just shut up and accept that the first 4-6 games in our league will have a lot of atypical moments deciding wins/losses. Please, don't mistake my apathy towards the Madden team as disatistisfaction with our league. I am just disgusted with how many issues the game has and there is really no excuse fir it other than developer laziness.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
smh. Can't talk shit when your game is full of bugs.
Speaking of Dead Rising, is anyone getting DR 2? If so are you getting it for PS3 or 360?

I'm getting it for single player but hey if anyone wants to throw down online I'm in. This and Halo are going to wrap up my game purchases for the year unless something I don't expect comes out and wows me (basically every game that isn't a huge name is something I don't expect. :/).

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
Speaking of Dead Rising, is anyone getting DR 2? If so are you getting it for PS3 or 360?

I'm getting it for single player but hey if anyone wants to throw down online I'm in. This and Halo are going to wrap up my game purchases for the year unless something I don't expect comes out and wows me (basically every game that isn't a huge name is something I don't expect. :/).
I will get DR2 on PC or X360. I got the A ending in Zero so I am leaning towards x360 since I have done some work already.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
I will get DR2 on PC or X360. I got the A ending in Zero so I am leaning towards x360 since I have done some work already.
What is this zero everyone keeps talking about? A DL or a game that came out in stores that I have to purchase?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
What is this zero everyone keeps talking about? A DL or a game that came out in stores that I have to purchase?

Case Zero is a $5 prequel or prologue to the game available in XBL Marketplace. It's 5 bucks, has achievements and I believe the stats you acquire in Zero can be carried over to DR2. I enjoyed the demo, but not sure I enjoyed it enough to buy the full game.

Top Bottom