• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Yeah right. All I did was run the ball down your throat and the coverage on the 2 long TDs was straight up cover 2. One was a post and one was a fly.

:lol I called a Cover 2 defense like once each game, and it wasn't on either of those plays. I knew exactly what you were going to try to do and called a defense to stop it.

Rorschach said:
We're not going to finish a game if direct connect doesn't work. I'm not going to sim and leave my team get injured up and down the roster. I'll be dead in the water when injuries get turned back on after the patch.

What we could do is play 2 quarters. If it disconnects in the third again, we play 2 more quarters and keep the score.

Whatever works. I did notice that every game I play you, the background crowd sound cuts out from the coin toss onward. It gets like dead quiet in the stadium aside from the occasional "ooh ahh" or brief stadium music clips. That doesn't happen with other people. It's something with the patch I'm thinking.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Whatever works. I did notice that every game I play you, the background crowd sound cuts out from the coin toss onward. It gets like dead quiet in the stadium aside from the occasional "ooh ahh" or brief stadium music clips. That doesn't happen with other people. It's something with the patch I'm thinking.
It happens sometimes. What also happens is that their faces get cut off. :| If you look into the crowd, half their faces are missing.

What time can you play tomorrow?

Mrbob

My teams awareness is awesome. Romo puts the ball on the ground with about 50 seconds left in the game what does my defender do? Run by the ball and go out of bounds instead of picking it up and securing the win. :lol

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
My teams awareness is awesome. Romo puts the ball on the ground with about 50 seconds left in the game what does my defender do? Run by the ball and go out of bounds instead of picking it up and securing the win. :lol
You should see my fullback... he runs right at the hole to block the LB, but as soon as he sees the LB, he runs the other way. :lol

LiveWire said:
Same time, 10:30 or 11PM Eastern.
Ok.

Mrbob

I must be cursed this year because I had an 80 yard rushing TD that got called back on a holding penalty. Yet somehow I got the 80 yard TD rushing achievement. :lol I need some new Oline dudes badly. Get these losers out of here! Time for a complete revamp!

McNei1y

Nightz said:
GG man. Yeah it would have been a LOT different if MJD hadn't fumbled. I guess the rain did have an affect on our players since Rivers was overthrowing guys left and right as well. Ryan Mathews was a beast in that game. <3

Yeah, Ryan Mathews was dirty. He would've had plus a TD with 40+ yards. Shoulda just tacked that on :lol but thanks for being generous :D

0-2 though, good start to this franchise :\

Nightz

McNei1y said:
Yeah, Ryan Mathews was dirty. He would've had plus a TD with 40+ yards. Shoulda just tacked that on :lol but thanks for being generous :D

0-2 though, good start to this franchise :\
Looking back at it, I think I should have taken it inside the 5 and dove at the goal line instead. Jahvid Best is ahead in rushing by a few yards.:lol

Edit: Can someone post a link to sablescript please?

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Speaking of this, there's an example of how it's supposed to look here. Seems that we should give it a shot.
Looks like those guys did fantasy draft. :p

Wow it even keeps stats and previous seasons on record. :O On paper, this shit looks genius.

AkaBalla

Berto, I sent you a xbl mesage last night.. Your status was "brining home th bacon" or something like that. :lol Anyways I am available to play tonight from 8p-11p est and Friday morning/afternoon 8a-3pm est.. I will be away starting on Friday night until late night Sunday.

Thanks

Sanjuro

We really need to update the op teams.

Everyone should really have an alternate way of contact besides XBL / GAF. Be it steam/aim/msn/email/postcard.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Smokey said:
Good Firefight and Arena games. Should do it again:D

We should. I was having a "discussion" with my gf while trying to play.

I DON'T INTERRUPT YOUR HOUSEWIVES OF HELL COUNTY VIEWING!!!!!!

Anyway, I got better as time went on. I think my issue is that I need to stop playing this like it is COD. I don't really get Firefight though. Seems so freaking short.

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
When we eventually get there, is there a time of day that works best for you? Typically, after 8EST on weekdays is good for me.
Um, not really. I'll be out of town next weekend though and my weekends are generally booked from now til the second week of November. In general, M-Th nights are the best, any time before 2am or so. I know, I'm as difficult to get a hold of as Bob.

If the Packers are playing on Monday night or there is a pivotal MLB playoff game however, those things come first.

Lonestar said:
The most Awesomest Screen Pass Call I've ever called
yup, that's a screen pass all right

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:

Anyway, I got better as time went on. I think my issue is that I need to stop playing this like it is COD. I don't really get Firefight though. Seems so freaking short.
:lol

I just don't "get" Halo Multi. I was excellent with Quake and Unreal Tournament games but Halo continues to stay out of my grasp.

Are there any deals out there for Dead Rising 2? Usually I just forego the deals and opt to get the games a couple of days early from my local mom and pop store but I got burned with Reach and ended up getting it Tuesday so the advantage was negated. Now I say fuck it, I'd rather save the cash!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Down by 4, 1 minute left, on my 30, and he blitzes at least 7 people. More often or not, my screen plays go nowhere.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
Down by 4, 1 minute left, on my 30, and he blitzes at least 7 people. More often or not, my screen plays go nowhere.
I got burned on that play due to hitting 'A' and activating GAMEFLOW. :(

Good game. No matter how many times I saw Welker go in motion and do that little back and forth wiggle in the flats, I could not guess right on who to cover. Either Welker was open, your TE, or you ran a draw. Very frustrating to defend. I honestly think you ran about 7 total plays with most being that Welker motion play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Can't see the play via the phone but philosophically I don't disagree with the playcall. That much time is an eternity in Madden, it's hard to play bend don't break D. You can still take all the underneath stuff and make it near the EZ with a ton of time most guys would drop back and look for something deep against would would usually be zone coverage. He's taking away the option to do so you just made the right counter call.

Edit: Oh it was gameflowed? Nvm!

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:

Firefight was only short because we played it in Matchmaking. You can create a custom game and invite people in to do Firefight (which is how it was in ODST) and change and adjust all sorts of settings.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
:lol

I just don't "get" Halo Multi. I was excellent with Quake and Unreal Tournament games but Halo continues to stay out of my grasp.

Are there any deals out there for Dead Rising 2? Usually I just forego the deals and opt to get the games a couple of days early from my local mom and pop store but I got burned with Reach and ended up getting it Tuesday so the advantage was negated. Now I say fuck it, I'd rather save the cash!

Haven't seen anything about DR2 deals. Surprising since Capcom wants it to do well. I thought they would be subsidizing deals to get the game out there.

As far as Halo multi, it seems to me it is better to move slowly and intelligently and wait than rush and use your twitch reactions like COD, Quake and UT. When I slowed down and only moved around in a certain part of the map, I was doing better. That just isn't how I am used to playing though.

Smokey said:
Firefight was only short because we played it in Matchmaking. You can create a custom game and invite people in to do Firefight (which is how it was in ODST) and change and adjust all sorts of settings.

I'll let you set the game up next time. I have no idea about any of that. I need to eat dinner with my girl first though to keep the peace until CK gets here for his football weekend.

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
Can't see the play via the phone but philosophically I don't disagree with the playcall. That much time is an eternity in Madden, it's hard to play bend don't break D. You can still take all the underneath stuff and make it near the EZ with a ton of time most guys would drop back and look for something deep against would would usually be zone coverage. He's taking away the option to do so you just made the right counter call.

Edit: Oh it was gameflowed? Nvm!
I agreed with the Gameflow call as far as blitzing, but it was a full out Kamikaze blitz. I couldn't audible out of it and ended up just crossing my fingers.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I got burned on that play due to hitting 'A' and activating GAMEFLOW. :(

Good game. No matter how many times I saw Welker go in motion and do that little back and forth wiggle in the flats, I could not guess right on who to cover. Either Welker was open, your TE, or you ran a draw. Very frustrating to defend. I honestly think you ran about 7 total plays with most being that Welker motion play.

I had remembered that play from the 1st week of release, forgotten it, spent half the 1st game looking for it. I just liked the variances it brings. There's actually 3 plays, very similar, except with what Welker does. He either goes to the middle on a slant, does that little wiggle then bounces back outside, or just sits in the flat without the wiggle.

Thinking on it, I probably did only run 10-13 plays in the playbook. 90% of the time in the 3 wide set. Probably only put in 2 TE's on 3 or 4 plays.

In OT, 2 or 3 plays it for sure looked like Moss was getting open deep. 1st attempt Brady just blew it by throwing it out the back of the end zone. Other 2 times, Ole Revis would turn on afterburners and manage to swat it away. Moss ended up with just the 1 catch earlier in the game (touchdown)

Don't remember if I had any timeouts on that last regulation drive. Plus, it's coming off a quarter of game where I managed to do jack and shit.

I probably did more zone blitz's on you than I've ever done on anyone before. It worked sometimes!

I hate Gameflow.

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
I've seen Gameflow do that to me too. Accidentally hit it and the fucking play was engage eight. Audibled out.
Yeah, I tried and I couldn't get to it. He was already in hurry up mode and my only other option as far as a blitz was the all-out blitz that GF had already called. Before I could go to Man, the play was underway.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I find them bad on both sides. I got to see lots of gameflow calls in my first few games with live since those were only like the second and third times I'd played with it on and I kept hitting A to skip the fucking cutscenes. I heard like 99% of people leave it on though, so clearly there must be something great there.

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
I find them bad on both sides. I got to see lots of gameflow calls in my first few games with live since those were only like the second and third times I'd played with it on and I kept hitting A to skip the fucking cutscenes. I heard like 99% of people leave it on though, so clearly there must be something great there.
I played a random and used Gameflow the entire game. I had almost 300 yards rushing! It was a pretty high scoring game, but I got the feeling we were playing Dragon's Lair Football.

Lonestar

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36258192

This play got like a 2100 point score on Greatness. Opening drive of OT, right after hearing through the commentary that there are new OT rules (something about if the opening team kicks a field goal, the other team gets a possession). Was probably aiming towards Welker or Grontowski, but flipped it out to taylor. Taylor, for being one of my most hated players from Madden 10, won the game for me.

All I know is, whoever #36 is on the Jets should have been cut before he even made it to the locker room.

Mrbob

AstroLad said:
I've seen Gameflow do that to me too. Accidentally hit it and the fucking play was engage eight. Audibled out.

Hahah yeah this has happened to me multiple times. I'll hit A to get out of the cut scene so I can get to a play and the game activates GameFlow on me. I'M RAISING YOUR STATS IAN!

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36258192

This play got like a 2100 point score on Greatness. Opening drive of OT, right after hearing through the commentary that there are new OT rules (something about if the opening team kicks a field goal, the other team gets a possession). Was probably aiming towards Welker or Grontowski, but flipped it out to taylor. Taylor, for being one of my most hated players from Madden 10, won the game for me.

All I know is, whoever #36 is on the Jets should have been cut before he even made it to the locker room.
If you look carefully, my defender gets picked as Taylor is coming underneath. That is why he (and Welker) were so wide open on those underneath routes throughout the game.

Lonestar

I started running that play late, as the in motion throws to Welker was getting defended pretty well. A Cover 2 call should sew up those dual drag routes, where as Man coverage will get beat on that.

Which reminds me. On that disasterous 3 and out, early in the 4th quarter, I used that play, aiming at Moss this time (doing the double move to the middle of the field) and hit him square in the helmet, never turned towards the ball. :|

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
I started running that play late, as the in motion throws to Welker was getting defended pretty well. A Cover 2 call should sew up those dual drag routes, where as Man coverage will get beat on that.

Which reminds me. On that disasterous 3 and out, early in the 4th quarter, I used that play, aiming at Moss this time (doing the double move to the middle of the field) and hit him square in the helmet, never turned towards the ball. :|
Speaking of disastrous, why did you go full Belichick and go for it on your own 18 on 4th and 13 with a four point lead in the 4th?

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Speaking of disastrous, why did you go full Belichick and go for it on your own 18 on 4th and 13 with a four point lead in the 4th?

Well, I figured since I got a Lag Spike fumble off of you inside the 10 yard line, and followed up with a Touchdown, a way to repay the Football Gods for the Gift, was to return the favour.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Well, I figured since I got a Lag Spike fumble off of you inside the 10 yard line, and followed up with a Touchdown, a way to repay the Football Gods for the Gift, was to return the favour.
Out of curiosity, what would you have done if you DID convert it? I mean, you clearly tried to get a first down there. If it was a gift, why not take a knee?

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Out of curiosity, what would you have done if you DID convert it? I mean, you clearly tried to get a first down there. If it was a gift, why not take a knee?

I wasn't going to score the TD for you :p Just give you the great chance to do so (and you did)

Top Bottom