• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

eznark said:
and here I am worried about a realistic 4th and inches run.
You could have gone for it. Should have read the OP:

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

1. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
2. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
3. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.

But yeah, Lonestar's not so much...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
eznark said:
and here I am worried about a realistic 4th and inches run.
Well, now you know that Gameflow will select a passing play for you on 4th and 13, in the 4th quarter, on your own 18, when you have the lead. Just think of it as a Football Gods dispenser.

So does rule 3 override rule 1? Especially in the 4th quarter when you're just trying to prevent the other offense from getting the ball in a close game?

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Well, now you know that Gameflow will select a passing play for you on 4th and 13, in the 4th quarter, on your own 18, when you have the lead. Just think of it as a Football Gods dispenser.

Nice of EA to add such a convenient troll button to their game. It's definitely the one thing Madden was missing.

NFL Blitz two times per season. Awesome!

Sanjuro

storybook77 said:
So does rule 3 override rule 1? Especially in the 4th quarter when you're just trying to prevent the other offense from getting the ball in a close game?
Sure. Most people would try and punt out of bounds though. If they have 2-3 timeouts and you have short yardage, go for it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There, that's the thing I'm good at! I knew I'd find that one day.

Look, there's a little over 2 minutes left, he's already scored 16 points in the 4th quarter, I'm not stopping him. Either I get it and hopefully get the clock down to Zero, or I don't, and let him score quickly, so I could attempt one last drive to win. I actually scored too quickly afterwards, giving him enough time to kick a field goal to tie at the end of regulation. Hell, he got 2 shots into the end zone for the win.

That's actually what I was thinking.

Sanjuro

None of that is sim football or even smart video game football. Of course NFL Blitz should be very cheap at your local Gamestop™.

Rorschach

Let's put it up for vote. I know some guys were pretty closed minded about having any type of system.

I'll keep count. I want a hard yes or no. No "I'm up for either" votes!

Rorschach - Yes

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2556jo3.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
eznark said:
I'm ok with it.

What is it? Just a different website to look at stats from our franchise?
It is a franchise program that requires you to log into the designer's database. This is where I get nervous.

In addition, we (or the admin) will have to manually input all progressions.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
It is a franchise program that requires you to log into the designer's database. This is where I get nervous.
Do we have to? I thought it was script based... scrap it all!

He says it syncs with the website.

[edit] Guess it's not implemented yet...

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:

Do we only have to input OVR or all of the different categories?

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
Do we only have to input OVR or all of the different categories?
You don't input anything since we could just rip the rosters from the website like we did last year.

I'm thinking about it now, though, and if people are too paranoid, then we shouldn't do it. We should do my system next year, though. :'(

bluemax

Banned
What are we afraid of exactly? Does it use your EA log in info? Are we somehow paranoid that he can hack your XBL account from your EA account? That seems like quite a leap.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
What are we afraid of exactly? Does it use your EA log in info? Are we somehow paranoid that he can hack your XBL account from your EA account? That seems like quite a leap.
Nope you don't use EA login info. Even then, I have no idea what EA account can possibly get him in terms of money... But it doesn't matter because you don't use that. :p

And worst case scenario that you had to input your players' overall ratings... you'd do this once every 3 months or so? It's not leaguedaddy where we had to do it every game.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I loved Rors' proposed system. Why aren't we using that again?
I was told it was too complicated. :|

Nevermind that I'd do all the work for the entire league and all you guys would have to do is cut guys and send me FA bids once every three months. Snake draft that we do now takes way longer.

LiveWire

It was easy; captured the value of players and forced teams to make choices about who to keep and who to let go, much more realistically than our old system. Plus, why are people even worried about losing the occasional 80/90 OVR player when there are shittons of 85 rooks waiting to be drafted? :lol

Birdman02

Rorschach said:

Nevermind that I'd do all the work for the entire league and all you guys would have to do is cut guys and send me FA bids once every three months. Snake draft that we do now takes way longer.

I don't like any system that puts my default roster over the cap!! :p

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
I don't like any system that puts my default roster over the cap!! :p
Bwahaha. You'd be the ceiling, though. Maybe 4 points below the ceiling.

League Manager emailed me back and said no later than tomorrow he'll have put the new version up so we can create our own instances WITH syncing for existing leagues. This means no inputing numbers for progression.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:

bids? I thought worst record gets first dibs etc?

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
bids? I thought worst record gets first dibs etc?

DCX
Yeah, right now we do. But if there was an FA system, there would be bids. Teams with more space (like the Rams/Bills) would be able to outbid the big teams anyway... but the big teams would have a shot at getting some needs too.

And remember the second season's system? Rich teams just got richer with that system. :\

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Yeah, right now we do. But if there was an FA system, there would be bids. Teams with more space (like the Rams/Bills) would be able to outbid the big teams anyway... but the big teams would have a shot at getting some needs too.

And remember the second season's system? Rich teams just got richer with that system. :\
Or like i like to call it, the Free Agent System of LT and GOnzo

DCX

BigAT

So with this system, will things get sort of shitty when the crazy rookies come into play? Some of the best players in the league last year were in the 70s or even 60s overall, would there value not be captured effectively?

Rorschach

BigAT said:
So with this system, will things get sort of shitty when the crazy rookies come into play? Some of the best players in the league last year were in the 70s or even 60s overall, would there value not be captured effectively?
70s or 60s? I can't think of any in the 60s.. And we won't have 99 speed, 99carry, 99 SFA, 99 truck guys anymore. And yes, their value would be dictated by demand. Those guys you mention (not 60s, but 70s) were usually HBs and their value would certainly be adjusted if we got a crop of guys like that popping up, but most of the ridiculous rookies this year are rated 80+. 99 QBs are not worth the same as 99 HBs.

DCX said:
Or like i like to call it, the Free Agent System of LT and GOnzo

DCX
:lol LT and Addai bounced around so much...

BigAT

Rorschach said:
70s or 60s? I can't think of any in the 60s.. And we won't have 99 speed, 99carry, 99 SFA, 99 truck guys anymore. And yes, their value would be dictated by demand. Those guys you mention (not 60s, but 70s) were usually HBs and their value would certainly be adjusted if we got a crop of guys like that popping up, but most of the ridiculous rookies this year are rated 80+. 99 QBs are not worth the same as 99 HBs..
I'm pretty sure Bjoern was in the 60s, at least initially. I had a 60s rated WR that started for me, as well as a 60s rated HB that saw a lot of time as well. Wellington had a 50s rated MLB that made a ridiculous interception against me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.action?newsId=week2rosters

New roster details.

I don't get how they justify moving guys up/down so much. For example on my team:

Duke Calhoun
WR
NYG
Added

D.J. Johnson
CB
NYG
Added

Bear Pascoe
TE
NYG
Added

Kenny Phillips
S
NYG
Increase, from 78 to 82OVR

Deon Grant
S
NYG
Increase, from 80 to 81OVR

Hakeem Nicks
WR
NYG
Increase, from 81 to 84OVR

Terrell Thomas
CB
NYG
Increase, from 84 to 85OVR

Travis Beckum
TE
NYG
Moved to TE #1 on depth chart (Kevin Boss out this week)

Derek Hagan
WR
NYG
Released

Yeah KP deserves to be that high, if not higher, but c'mon on some of the other stuff. What did they possibly see that would warrant such changes? Every week a scrub on a team will get a pick, does that mean they deserve to jump up a number of points? Look at the incremental changes to the Saints, good grief! Ellis 90+ now, Greer 90+ now. C'mon.

Whatever.

Let's restart this thing so I can get updated rosters (assuming this applies to OF rosters too)

Top Bottom