• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Mrbob

Reposted for new page:

Somnia what time zone are you in again? If we can play we should do it 2 nite! I'm going to busy the next couple nights. Hope you aren't a worst coaster because I can't stay up that late.

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
yeah i mean with derek anderson i'm completely fucked offensively. anything over ten yards doesn't even go close to the receiver.

Welcome to my world. I'll teach you the secrets of the dink and dunk when we play in a few weeks.

eznark

Banned
4th and inches i have no chance of making this 50 yard field goal. Sim football means coaches in real life are fucktards I guess

Nightz

McNei1y said:
gg big.

Nightz, I am on Reach at the moment. MSG me on xbox when you want to get our game in.

McNei1y = GT
On the way home but there's traffic. I'll grab a bite when I get home then hop on.

Somnia

Mrbob said:
Somnia what time zone are you in again? If we can play we should do it 2 nite! I'm going to busy the next couple nights. Hope you aren't a worst coaster because I can't stay up that late.
I can play tonight from 1030pm-12am cst. I may be a little late (1045). Training a new manager. That work?

Miguel

eznark said:
gg miguel
Good game, couldn't stop your dink and dunk passing attack for shit. My only hope was trying to guess your routes but you wisely threw away from my player! I'm useless without my userpicks!

Rorschach

Somnia said:
I can play tonight from 1030pm-12am cst. I may be a little late (1045). Training a new manager. That work?
mrbob2k1 7:32 pm
(7:32:07 PM): tell him closer to 10:30 the bettter
(7:32:10 PM): i am falling asleep

Somnia

eznark said:
4th and inches i have no chance of making this 50 yard field goal. Sim football means coaches in real life are fucktards I guess
Some coaches would go for it on that. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

eznark

Banned
Miguel said:
Good game, couldn't stop your dink and dunk passing attack for shit. My only hope was trying to guess your routes but you wisely threw away from my player! I'm useless without my userpicks!

Whenever I saw you control a guy I would try and throw a route crossing him, assuming you'd mess up the zone!

Some coaches would go for it on that. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Every coach would go for it. I got bitched at for it in a scrim, though. At the far outisde range of your kickers leg you have to be that much more accurate.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
Whenever I saw you control a guy I would try and throw a route crossing him, assuming you'd mess up the zone!

Every coach would go for it. I got bitched at for it in a scrim, though. At the far outisde range of your kickers leg you have to be that much more accurate.
Huh?

Wow.

I'd go for that every time, my kicker can't make that shit.

guys i updated the original post with some 4th down guidelines.

i'd hate for a 4th and inches to cost you the game because you're worried about offending someone, especially on the edge of fg range. so proceed with said guidelines!

Miguel

I'd have been fine with it. I'm actually surprised you kicked it. Anything 45 yards or more I'd consider going for on 4th and inches/1

Edit: then again, I don't think I take this as seriously as some of you guys. You guys damn near riot over minor things. I'm just here for the drama.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
I'd have been fine with it. I'm actually surprised you kicked it. Anything 45 yards or more I'd consider going for on 4th and inches/1

Edit: then again, I don't think I take this as seriously as some of you guys. You guys damn near riot over minor things. I'm just here for the drama.
WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT US TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY!?!?

eznark

Banned
I'm not rioting, it just felt less realistic to be kicking it in that situation with Carpenter. If I had a competent kicker though I totally would have gone for it. Add to that my running game, which is excellent, and obviously the Dolphins ain't kicking there.

I will say, when I missed that kick then you broke 45 tackles to score a TD I almost lost it.

Miguel

eznark said:
I'm not rioting, it just felt less realistic to be kicking it in that situation with Carpenter. If I had a competent kicker though I totally would have gone for it. Add to that my running game, which is excellent, and obviously the Dolphins ain't kicking there.

I will say, when I missed that kick then you broke 45 tackles to score a TD I almost lost it.

I don't mean you...

But as evidenced as someone bitching at you for it in an exhibition game... don't you agree?

Miguel

eznark said:
:lol

How about you nearly breaking away on a 99 yard TD run (thank you safety that just happened to be fast enough to get to Brown!)

eznark

Banned
Miguel said:
I don't mean you...

But as evidenced as someone bitching at you for it in an exhibition game... don't you agree?

I think I might have actually brought it up as a hypothetical just because of my hatred for my kicker, which is when the discussion started.

And you can mean me. I definitely get worked up over dumb stuff
fuck you Neigher!!!

How about you nearly breaking away on a 99 yard TD run (thank you safety that just happened to be fast enough to get to Brown!)

Dude, (and this isn't why I got caught obviously) but what the hell was with the massive slow down during that run? You would have caught me anyway but it made what would have been an awesome play sort of lame.

Nightz

McNei1y said:
ugh, gg. MJD fumbling twice in the redzone and then an interception in the endzone. Dagger.
GG man. Yeah it would have been a LOT different if MJD hadn't fumbled. I guess the rain did have an affect on our players since Rivers was overthrowing guys left and right as well. Ryan Mathews was a beast in that game. <3

Rorschach

Every time I put a dagger in Livewire, we disconnect. There's nothing I can do because I was direct connected that last time. I've played over 4 quarters with him already. :|

Livewire: is your game installed?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No pass d in our game. Winning the turnovers battle kept me in it. Bad lag spike for D caused a fumble though.

I even kicked 2 field goals.

1 missed badly, to go with my 4 of 5 xp attempts.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Every time I put a dagger in Livewire, we disconnect. There's nothing I can do because I was direct connected that last time. I've played over 4 quarters with him already. :|

Livewire: is your game installed?

A dagger? :lol OK. I never turned the ball over and you were never up more than 14 in our two games. Anyway, yes, my game is installed. I still say it's Reach traffic causing our problems. That, mixed with the general bugginess that seems to have appeared after the new patch.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
A dagger? :lol OK. I never turned the ball over and you were never up more than 14 in our two games. Anyway, yes, my game is installed. I still say it's Reach traffic causing our problems. That, mixed with the general bugginess that seems to have appeared after the new patch.
Yes a dagger. You were down 15 zip and you had just turned the ball over on downs in the second game and it was late in the third. In the first game, I had just scored a TD and I was a up a bundle, but you couldn't really do anything besides that one long TD where I messed up. Come on. Especially that second game was total dagger.

It's not Reach. Everyone else is playing their games. I'm playing some exhibition and there's no problem. And the common denominator between your last game and this game is you.

If you installed, then there's probably nothing we can do. That was my direct connection.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Yes a dagger. You were down 15 zip and you had just turned the ball over on downs in the second game and it was late in the third. In the first game, I had just scored a TD and I was a up a bundle, but you couldn't really do anything besides that one long TD where I messed up. Come on. Especially that second game was total dagger.

Oh whatever, I read your coverage and hot routed Avery, made the completion and juked you out of your shoes. Yea, I guess I can never make good plays, no credit to this guy cause I suck at Madden right?

All you were doing all game is sending ridiculously overrated speed WRs Schilens/Higgins/Bey on fly routes. Of course no matter what coverage I call, man, deep zone, prevent, they blow by the shitty Rams players. It's the only way you scored TDs. But whatever, dagger it is.

Rorschach said:
It's not Reach. Everyone else is playing their games. I'm playing some exhibition and there's no problem. And the common denominator between your last game and this game is you.

If you installed, then there's probably nothing we can do. That was my direct connection.

Well I doubt it's my connection because I was playing scrims plenty before the patch. And NHL and all my other games are fine online. We can try again a few times if necessary before the week deadline and if we can't get one to finish, sim it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If someone said to you that you would hold Luke/The Colts to 16 points and 198 yards over the course of an entire game, I'm pretty sure anyone here would take it. Well that's what I did and then proceeded to lay a huge dump for my offense.

GG Luke. My mad scientry (is that a word) was so obsessed with your offense I never even bothered to work on my O against your D.

Now to drink some syzzurp and go to bed (Nyquil).

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Oh whatever, I read your coverage and hot routed Avery, made the completion and juked you out of your shoes. Yea, I guess I can never make good plays, no credit to this guy cause I suck at Madden right?
It was a good play. I meant I messed up because I got juked and on the coverage I bit on the underneath and got smoked by the crossing route.

All you were doing all game is sending ridiculously overrated speed WRs Schilens/Higgins/Bey on fly routes. Of course no matter what coverage I call, man, deep zone, prevent, they blow by the shitty Rams players. It's the only way you scored TDs. But whatever, dagger it is.
Yeah right. All I did was run the ball down your throat and the coverage on the 2 long TDs was straight up cover 2. One was a post and one was a fly.

Well I doubt it's my connection because I was playing scrims plenty before the patch. And NHL and all my other games are fine online. We can try again a few times if necessary before the week deadline and if we can't get one to finish, sim it.
We're not going to finish a game if direct connect doesn't work. I'm not going to sim and leave my team get injured up and down the roster. I'll be dead in the water when injuries get turned back on after the patch.

What we could do is play 2 quarters. If it disconnects in the third again, we play 2 more quarters and keep the score.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BAH!

Giants better win Sunday now.
rant.gif

Top Bottom