• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Smokey

Mrbob said:
We need to get a group up and running for a Halo Reach Legendary run. Real Men Only allowed. Smokey has confirmed he can't handle Legendary in Halo so he is out. I know DM will be in, who else wants to partake in this glorious journey?

I wake up and you are already slandering my name. I said I would do Legendary co-op!!!

sableholic said:
Are you around now or will be in next 30 mins or so? If not how about tomm around 4pm est to 6? If not it'll prob have to be Saturday or sunday

I can play today at that time.

LiveWire

Any of the Halos on Solo Legendary is not that hard, you just have to be patient, and recognize how Bungie programs the AI (hint: it hasn't changed since Halo 1). It's the same deal with Infinity Ward and the Call of Duty series.

You all need to man the fuck up, you're all still in your 20s with catlike reflexes. Us 30-somethings don't have the same twitch reflexes anymore... :(

Oh and Rors, I figured you wouldn't be around before 6PM Pacific to play. If you are, I could play our game at 6PM Eastern/3PM Pacific before heading to the gym in the interest of getting the week advanced earlier. Lemme know.

eznark

Banned
Smokey said:
lol

what difficulty are you playing on?

pft Heroic. I don't see how anyone could play on Legendary solo. I know I'm bad but the cheesie ways this game kills you on Heroic...I can't even fathom Legendary.

Smokey

eznark said:
pft Heroic. I don't see how anyone could play on Legendary solo. I know I'm bad but the cheesie ways this game kills you on Heroic...I can't even fathom Legendary.

You will definitely enjoy the last couple of stages!

eznark

Banned
Smokey said:
You will definitely enjoy the last couple of stages!

I am liking the fighting. I get no sense of the story though. Just stepped off some transport, I tell blue dude I'm sorry for coming home alone.....I never realized I wasn't alone. I wish there were screen shot functionality in this. The mission I just played had TONS of AI friendlies and none of them did a fucking thing. They even stood there and pretended like there were no aliens around them when they were in the middle of crazy town.

Don't get me wrong the Halo: Reach package is absolutely incredible, but in terms of single player campaign? Yeah, there is nothing special about it. Not so far anyway.

No problems watching the video, Smokey

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Smokey said:
Can you all go to my fileshare and see if you can view this video?

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/filedetails.aspx?fid=400156&player=dboythaGr8&lc=1033

I tried to show my cousin and he said he needs Bungie Pro to watch it? If so...is this new or something :/ ? Or maybe you need to sign in up top with Windows Live ID up top?

That video is from when Wellie, dskillz, and I played the other day.

I could see it just fine. The player uses silverlight so maybe your cousin doesn't have that downloaded.

Mrbob

Are you talking about
When Noble 5 sacrificed himself to blow up the covenant mega ship by triggering the bomb manually?
I haven't had trouble getting troops to form up with me you need to run by them and they get added to your party. Fighting with some ODST units is fun.

Completely disagree about the campaign but not gonna argue with you about it! :p

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
I could see it just fine. The player uses silverlight so maybe your cousin doesn't have that downloaded.

I bet that's what it is then. It wouldn't make sense to have to use Bungie Pro to WATCH a video.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Are you talking about
When Noble 5 sacrificed himself to blow up the covenant mega ship by triggering the bomb manually?
I haven't had trouble getting troops to form up with me you need to run by them and they get added to your party. Fighting with some ODST units is fun.

Completely disagree about the campaign but not gonna argue with you about it! :p

ya, but why did I really care about that person?

I was trying to get some of those chuckleheads to form up with me on the part right after that, where you have to run into the building and launch the warheads by hitting the button. None of them would group up, they just stood there then every once in awhile would warp next to me. Maybe I need to update my drivers. By the way, you know who else loves Darkest of Days? PC Gamer EIC Logan Decker. My opinion validated, chump.

Are we moving to week 3 tonight?

Mrbob

Not that you care about the person (why not since you run some missions with him before those events), but the rest of the Noble team certainly did. Hence the comments. :p

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Not that you care about the person (why not since you run some missions with him before those events), but the rest of the Noble team certainly did. Hence the comments. :p

That is Gears level of drama there!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
if we go by # of gaf posts then ladygaga and biever destroy reach. i like to approach things the opposite way generally specially on the flavor of the week gaming side

Smokey

AstroLad said:
if we go by # of gaf posts then ladygaga and biever destroy reach. i like to approach things the opposite way generally specially on the flavor of the week gaming side

eznark said:
oh great, soccer is now the greatest sport in forever. I'd rather be dead.

I AstroLaded AstroLad and eznark...pat myself on the back:D

Smokey

reach saved this console gen from diving into irrelevancy

The savior of PS3 gaming just arrived too!

playstation_move.jpg

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
The X360, yes. But I personally think the Uncharted series is the crown jewel of this console generation thus far.

*ding ding ding*

Smokey has no taste man...he said he couldn't finished Uncharted 2 because it "bored" him during the entrance to Shambhala sequence (ice yetis).

Smokey

LiveWire said:
*ding ding ding*

Smokey has no taste man...he said he couldn't finished Uncharted 2 because it "bored" him during the entrance to Shambhala sequence (ice yetis).

No I didn't :lol

I said that was as far as I got during my rental from Gamefly before I had to send it back, so many name slanders in here!

eznark

Banned
fuuuuuuuuck, I might go get one too. Basically if I can't find Ticket to Ride I'm going to buy Move. I feel like I need something hilarious to use with that mysterious FlipHD

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
The X360, yes. But I personally think the Uncharted series is the crown jewel of this console generation thus far.
Eh? Reach is good but by no means groundbreaking.

Come to think of it I can't really come up with anything that really sticks out in my mind for this generation. I've only played the first Uncharted.

To me this generation is just a stepping stone to full on microtransactions and digital downloads. Bring it on!

This gen has been pockmarked by red-rings and fucking PS3 updates everytime I turn the damned thing on.

BigAT

Favorites from this generation, off the top of my head:

-Mass Effect 2
-Bioshock
-Fallout 3
-Demon's Souls
-Arkham Asylum
-Super Mario Galaxies

Also, SSB: Brawl if it had been on anything but the Wii. I would kill for that game to have online functionality that was something close to Halo's.

Smokey

BigAT said:
Hey Pheenix Jr., enjoy your Wii HD.

This is actually why the Move is more appealing than the Wii. The problem with the Wii is the majority of it's games are that family crap or games aimed at kids. On PS3 this is not the case for the (majority) of the upcoming Move enabled games.

NBA2K11 uses Move too!!:lol

LiveWire

eznark said:
You guys need to play Metro 2033 and Far Cry 2. On pc, of course.

Is Metro 2033 really that good? It looked like a cheap STALKER clone to me. And as for FarCry.....I'm gonna shoot you in the fuckin' face!

bluemax

Banned
Wait a second, the second expansion pack to an already dated game in one of the most generic sci fi universes ever SAVED this console generation?

Jesus fuck. Kill me now. I don't think I want to work on video games anymore.

McNei1y

Lonestar said:
You referring to how it seems the Firefight maps are copies of area's from the single player? Noticed that last night (first MP action) I mean, there were slight differences, but were pretty much the same. Haven't tried any of the other modes yet.

I did load up Forge World, and while the area is pretty large, I thought it was going to be much bigger. Seeing all that background area, like the huge mountain (with the Forerunner tower on it), screams "Come explore!" and...you can't.

:(

Yes, Bungie has a stupid amount of information on the website, then you get into video's of each battle on your harddrive. It's just sick.

So far the multiplayer maps are taken straight from the SP as well. A few others may be set in the mission but designed as a mp map (Zealot and Ivory Tower is my thinking... I havent beat SP yet)

Smokey

bluemax said:
Wait a second, the second expansion pack to an already dated game in one of the most generic sci fi universes ever SAVED this console generation?

Jesus fuck. Kill me now. I don't think I want to work on video games anymore.

34rucue.gif

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Is Metro 2033 really that good? It looked like a cheap STALKER clone to me. And as for FarCry.....I'm gonna shoot you in the fuckin' face!

Metro 2033 is amazing. It's absolutely gorgeous on PC (and looks excellent on 360) and the story is very solid (puts Reach to shame). Also, it's more of a pure shootie-shoot than Stalker so you console peasants will be able to handle it.

FC2 needs to be played on PC. It has quirks that demand a quick save. If you play it that way it's one of the best games of this decade.

Reconfirms Tom Chick still has some of the worst taste in this industry.
I think you mean "honest" and "lease affected by hype." Dude absolutely loves ODST, so it's not like he just hates Halo.

Top Bottom