• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

LiveWire

eznark said:
so you console peasants

Sheeeeit I've been rolling with the PC master race forever. Upgraded my gfx card last year and still running every game maxed out at 1680x1050. You must've meant Smokey with that comment. I'll let it slide this time.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Sheeeeit I've been rolling with the PC master race forever. Upgraded my gfx card last year and still running every game maxed out at 1680x1050. You must've meant Smokey with that comment. I'll let it slide this time.

I just meant in general. Did you not like FC2?

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Wait a second, the second expansion pack to an already dated game in one of the most generic sci fi universes ever SAVED this console generation?

Jesus fuck. Kill me now. I don't think I want to work on video games anymore.

:lol

LiveWire

eznark said:

Well, FC1 was fun up until halfway and it just went crazy. Crysis was fantastic, but even then, there's only so much fun you can have with crappy AI in the jungle. I figured FC2 would be more of the same, and my backlog of unplayed games is huge as-is.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
eznark said:

I hated FC2. HATED. The random battles when going from mission to mission killed the game for me. I kill 20 people at a rest stop, 30 minutes later they are right back? Fuck that. Don't make me go through that much trouble in battles that have no effect on the story or game.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Well, FC1 was fun up until halfway and it just went crazy. Crysis was fantastic, but even then, there's only so much fun you can have with crappy AI in the jungle. I figured FC2 would be more of the same, and my backlog of unplayed games is huge as-is.

You do know those games are not made by the same people?

Rorschach

Halo: Reach means getting to select your equipment before you spawn. Period. End of sentence. Full stop. Nuff said. Sixty bucks, ladies and gentlemen. Don't put your wallet back too deep in your pocket, because some DLC will be along shortly. Don't forget to install and register for Halo Waypoint to get your free armor bits!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I have liked Metro 2033. Just need to go back to it. Liked Just Cause 2 on PC as well. Sure, the story and gunplay are meh, I just love gigantic worlds to explore, and it's got a great one.

Have not tried FC2.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
No. I thought CryTek made FC2.

Ubi Montreal (Clint Hocking was lead on it)

It's on sale on Steam all the time. Pick it up cheap and play it for a few hours. It's excellent. Same goes for 2009 Game of the Year Darkest of Days!!! Bob's favorite game last year.

LiveWire

I loved the Darkest of Days demo. Fucking TimeCop the Game! :lol Wanted to buy it but it fell down the list compared to other stuff that came out then...if it ever hits $7 or less on Steam it's insta-buy regardless of how big my backlog is....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I didn't like FC2 that much either, but then again I got it cheap and only played a few hours in tops, which I heard is the worst part of the game. I also got it for PS3 (FPS on PS3, blech, in my defense that was the sale version) and I was really into Crysis and Warhead at the time so I really didn't give it too much of a chance.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
I loved the Darkest of Days demo. Fucking TimeCop the Game! :lol Wanted to buy it but it fell down the list compared to other stuff that came out then...if it ever hits $7 or less on Steam it's insta-buy regardless of how big my backlog is....

YES! If you liked the demo you'll enjoy the game. It is exactly what the demo is. Janky, ugly, convoluted and all kinds of excellent! Was the fight along-side Custer in the demo? Greatest gaming moment of last year. Too God damned funny.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:

I realize you guys are laughing all the way to the bank, and you'll be laughing even more as you pour what little remains of your souls into Call of Duty: The MMO but whatever.

Things I will give credit to Bungie for:

1. Having some of the best UI programmers and artists around.
2. Having some of the best networking people around.
3. Having some of the best knees in the industry.
4. Hiring probably the best marketing people in the industry.
5. Money hatting more games journalists than anyone else, which I guess goes along with 4.

I hope for their next game Bungie brings back health packs and maybe rips off Half Life 2s no cutscene style story telling so I can have legions of fanboys tell me how innovative 10 year old game play features are all over again.

eznark

Banned
Luke, they're gonna talk about your little indie project on CNBC after this commercial break. Generally their video game talks are fantastic. Last week all the folks on Kudlow & Co. played Rock Band 3!

That's probably Microsoft's doing.

Smokey

bluemax said:
I realize you guys are laughing all the way to the bank, and you'll be laughing even more as you pour what little remains of your souls into Call of Duty: The MMO but whatever.

5. Money hatting more games journalists than anyone else, which I guess goes along with 4.

I hope for their next game Bungie brings back health packs and maybe rips off Half Life 2s no cutscene style story telling so I can have legions of fanboys tell me how innovative 10 year old game play features are all over again.

Sanjuro

Halo Reach is a beautifully constructed game...it's amazing. Been playing MP all day long. Cannot wait to experience campaign.

<3 Bungie.

McNei1y

Any good PC shooters coming out that is graphically dependent and worth buying? I just built a sweet gaming PC 2 months ago and all I have really played on it is Wow, SC2, and Counter Strike.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Halo Reach is a beautifully constructed game...it's amazing. Been playing MP all day long.

<3 Bungie.

Ya, the depth and breadth of multi-player is truly astonishing.

Any good PC shooters coming out that is graphically dependent and worth buying?
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine is the only thing I can think of. And that's summer 2011.

McNei1y

Whoever I play next, I am the Jags, I am going to be away this weekend starting tonight until Sunday afternoon. I will have internet where I am going but I don't know how often I will be on. Maybe we can schedule something when I'm free.

All of this matters if we advance tonight/this weekend

LukeSmith

McNei1y said:
Whoever I play next, I am the Jags, I am going to be away this weekend starting tonight until Sunday afternoon. I will have internet where I am going but I don't know how often I will be on. Maybe we can schedule something when I'm free.

All of this matters if we advance tonight/this weekend

We play next, I think. Just post in the thread ahead of being available, if we have to do it Sunday afternoon, that's fine - I just won't be able to play while the Manning Bowl is underway

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:

you hate Bungie more than Madden :/

DCX

Sanjuro

I just feel like I'm past the age where I am required to actually be mad at a game and simply just say in response "I don't like it/It's not my thing".

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I just feel like I'm past the age where I am required to actually be mad at a game and simply just say in response "I don't like it/It's not my thing".

Those shrooms must have affected your short-term memory. I'm sure your next game against the Cheatriots will refresh it for you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
eznark said:
Those shrooms must have affected your short-term memory. I'm sure your next game against the Cheatriots will refresh it for you.

Not exactly the same idea.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Should have been more clear in that statement. You are referring to aggravation by an actual person...that could happen in all sorts of scenarios. I mean mad as problems with the actual games much like the Madden nitpicking and Halo 3.2 stuff.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Should have been more clear in that statement. You are referring to aggravation by an actual person...that could happen in all sorts of scenarios. I mean mad as problems with the actual games much like the Madden nitpicking and Halo 3.2 stuff.

I guess my anger at the game is the same as how I look at an opening onside kick. It's cheap and not playing by "the rules." Some of the ways Reach kills me feel the same, and that's really my only complaint.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I guess my anger at the game is the same as how I look at an opening onside kick. It's cheap and not playing by "the rules." Some of the ways Reach kills me feel the same, and that's really my only complaint.
Only in sports if they onside kick you every game it is cheating and douchey but after a while you need to expect no mater how un sim it is.

In Halo you need to adapt to move on..even if it feels cheap, it's something you will actually feel good about getting by. If a Brute is fucking me up by going right at him to the right, i have to try to get on higher ground, maybe soften him up with nades etc.

DCX

Sanjuro

eznark said:
I haven't played the single player yet, but I've liked the entire series though in terms of good difficulty.

The worst example of cheap...I played CoD: World at War on the hardest setting for all the achievements. My. Fucking. God.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I haven't played the single player yet, but I've liked the entire series though in terms of good difficulty.

The worst example of cheap...I played CoD: World at War on the hardest setting for all the achievements. My. Fucking. God.

That is the only game I ever stopped playing because of the difficulty. I was also on the hardest difficulty and got stuck in a trench about halfway through and that was that.

This is the first Halo game I've found this annoying, but I didn't play much of ODST.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
That is the only game I ever stopped playing because of the difficulty. I was also on the hardest difficulty and got stuck in a trench about halfway through and that was that.

This is the first Halo game I've found this annoying, but I didn't play much of ODST.
The trench where you had the flamethrower and was burning the trees with Charlie? I spent two fucking days on that level.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:

Same thing happened to me trying to beat COD4 on it's hardest difficulty like two levels before the end..i got stuck in a BS AI clusterfuck where if i didn't move to a certain spot the spawns just keep coming..once i got to the spot they stopped but it wouldn't save to i got to a check point, problem was the checkpoint was literally five fight from the spot i always died at, no matter how i did it..i quit..

DCX

Smokey

Ay bros...the Move/Sports Champions is pretty good. Table Tennis is really accurate and on higher difficulty shit gets intense real quick. If you can find a good deal on the bundle or have some gift cards I'd go for it. Ended up getting the Starter bundle (1 move, sports champion, ps eye), another Move controller and a Navi controller for $110 versus $170 if all of this was bought full price.

DenogginizerOS said:
Speaking of disastrous, why did you go full Belichick and go for it on your own 18 on 4th and 13 with a four point lead in the 4th?

i missed this before, but lonestar cut this shit out. seriously, i already talked about this with you in ncaa, if you pull this again you are gone. i don't care if you converted it or didn't. final warning.

bluemax

Banned
That might be the single most infuriating Madden loss Ive ever had. No offense to the Crow but I felt like the CPU beat me on that one. The ridiculous fumbles, the ridiculous clinching INT, Knowshon Moreno suddenly becoming the most unstoppable tackle breaking machine alive.

Not to say that theCrow didn't play well or anything because he really did but holy fuck did the Madden luck generator have it in for me.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
That might be the single most infuriating Madden loss Ive ever had. No offense to the Crow but I felt like the CPU beat me on that one. The ridiculous fumbles, the ridiculous clinching INT, Knowshon Moreno suddenly becoming the most unstoppable tackle breaking machine alive.

Not to say that theCrow didn't play well or anything because he really did but holy fuck did the Madden luck generator have it in for me.

I guess Madden's a Halo fan

Top Bottom