• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Ughhhhh, ranked games get me so frustrated. :lol

It's like the CPU always goes against me. I had time to stop a drive and get the ball back but I was short a TO because right after the 2 minute warning one of my players had to get injured. Then a fumble, which my guy clearly jumped on, was given to the opponent. Such a waste of time.
This is why I never played a ranked game before this year (other than back in the 2k1 days on Dreamcast).

I played a few this year and it's insanely frustrating. Take my last one for example: the guy cheeses me with the Saints (I'm using the Raiders) for 4 quarters and I somehow manage to tie the game and I'm driving down the field with seconds left. I break away with my WR and skip the touchdown to run out the clock and kick a FG. What happens? Fumble on the next snap when I was just trying to center the ball and kill some clock at the 1 yard line. -_-

Anyway, most of the time, it's either cheesing or people disconnecting.

Btw- have you guys noticed that after the fumble minigame animation, the camera switches at the last second and all the players get reversed? That happened to me during that fumble.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
This is why I never played a ranked game before this year (other than back in the 2k1 days on Dreamcast).

I played a few this year and it's insanely frustrating. Take my last one for example: the guy cheeses me with the Saints (I'm using the Raiders) for 4 quarters and I somehow manage to tie the game and I'm driving down the field with seconds left. I break away with my WR and skip the touchdown to run out the clock and kick a FG. What happens? Fumble on the next snap when I was just trying to center the ball and kill some clock at the 1 yard line. -_-

Anyway, most of the time, it's either cheesing or people disconnecting.

Btw- have you guys noticed that after the fumble minigame animation, the camera switches at the last second and all the players get reversed? That happened to me during that fumble.

Exactly what I mean. I'm always the Jaguars now just to find players, use plays, etc etc and I don't mind who people choose but this most recent game, the guy was AP and it was ridiculous. He wasn't cheesing with AP but he was getting such lucky breaks. He broke 3 tackles in the backfield, (2 tacklers at once and spun out of it and then a truck) then he trotted down the field for a 60 yd TD. Then the same thing happened again later in the game after catching a screen pass and breaking the first tackle. It was nonsense. I still kept it close until the last drive when he won by a field goal.

I didn't get any breaks at all, maybe a few 3rd and 7 plays but all my running TD's were through the holes set for me. I got so mad. :lol

As for the fumbles, yeah I've noticed that. I wish they kept last years mini game fumbling thing. It's so stupid that it randomizes it. Again, ex: When Favre fumbled it in the 4th before his TD, you see one of my LB's dive forward and grab it with his hands and pull it in. Then when the fumble cutscene is done "The Vikings have recovered it!". Reset downs! Such crap. I want to play sim people all the time. :\

TheCrow

AkaBalla said:
Sorry Guys, I do check the thread periodically but can't stay on the computer or XBL all night to see if my opponent is around.. I posted my times available and havent seen a response.. Though i see he has aim in the contact list. So i will be sure to try to get him tonight.
Don't count on him to be on AIM, except if its draft day. And any update on our trade talks?

Smokey

atom-bomb-explosion.jpeg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is there any news on the next patch? Is it possible to go back to All-Pro while in the middle of a franchise without having to restart?

PBY

Banned
gah, i just was notified by pm that I'm the last game, sorry guys

Lsat is in 2 weeks, so my mind hasn't really been on the madden league, sorry again

Whoever my opponent is, whatever works best for you is fine with me. I actually can play right now, you can sim it, you can take a win, whatever needs to be done

edit:

TheCrow said:
Looks like I'm going to have to wait for the offseason to improve my team. Unless Peterboy surprises me and responds. :/
im here! umm, I guess pm me an offer, I'll look at anything reasonable really

Rorschach

AkaBalla said:
Nothing.. I guess i'll roll with what i have for now.. Why trade for a WR when my qb can't throw a peanut.
Take a look at my QBs and see if anything catches your eye. :p Both have nice arms and Moore has nice deep ACC and he's young.

[edit] Someone message Aka! Let's get that game in!

Nightz

This was a few days ago.
AkaBalla said:
Peterb0y

I'm available

Mon-Weds 4:40p-5p est and 9p-11p est

Or you can hit me up on aim if you have it

This was yesterday.
AkaBalla said:
Peterb0y? Where are you? Oh Peterb0y!

Deadline is tomorrow night

Tonight 9p-11p est
Weds 9p-11p est

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
to be fair poor dude is studying for the LSAT. :lol should probably get a full-time replacement for the next two weeks

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
im here! umm, I guess pm me an offer, I'll look at anything reasonable really
You'd be a fool to trade anything. You're stacked at every possible position, so you don't have needs... The only thing would maybe be an old WR for some picks.

PBY

Banned
Nightz said:
This was a few days ago.

This was yesterday.
yeah i wasn't trying to say that baller hadn't tried to reach me, just that I've pretty much only had time to check my inbox every now and then... its totally on me, just have been caught up in other stuff

replacement idea isnt bad.. maybe ill have to see what ph33nix is up to for these two weeks :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
peterb0y said:
yeah i wasn't trying to say that baller hadn't tried to reach me, just that I've pretty much only had time to check my inbox every now and then... its totally on me, just have been caught up in other stuff

replacement idea isnt bad.. maybe ill have to see what ph33nix is up to for these two weeks :D
What time are you going to play?

Bob what time are you around?

Mrbob

Rors the storyline with the latest cbs sportsline power rankings is meant for your reading enjoyment!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13990607/power-rankings-critics-have-to-lay-off-cutler-now

If you bashed Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler last season, or when he was in Denver, raise your hand.

Anybody left with hands down?

Cutler took more heat than any player in the NFL last season, his first with the Bears. The Denver Broncos jettisoned him to Chicago in a trade after new coach Josh McDaniels decided he was better off without the volatile QB. When the Bears landed Cutler, he became the Windy City's top whipping boy, moreso than troubled politician Rob Blagojevich.

Clark Judge, my colleague here at CBSSports.com, has been a constant Cutler basher. He insists he'll never be a winner.

I disagree. Now we're seeing that he can win games. The Bears are 2-0 and Cutler has five touchdown passes and one interception. Chicago has vaulted to the No. 8 spot in our CBSSports.com Power Rankings, thanks mainly to his right arm.

Cutler is a daring, down-the-field thrower who is averaging 10.1 yards per pass attempt. That screams big play. Cutler didn't help his cause last season, throwing 26 interceptions as the Bears missed out on the playoffs. But a closer inspection of his stats shows he also threw 27 touchdown passes, a number bettered by only seven other quarterbacks.

Their names: Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Matt Schaub, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers and Tom Brady.

Cutler played behind a woeful line last season and with receivers who were learning on the fly, which contributed to the interceptions. That isn't to say Cutler doesn't have his faults. He is arrogant, and that shows up on the field. His rocket arm sometimes gets him in trouble, forcing the ball when throwing it away or taking a sack are better options.

I'd say of the 26 picks, six were caused by that arrogance. But Bears receiver Johnny Knox told me this summer the receivers were responsible for their fair share as well.

"No doubt we were," Knox said this summer. "I remember one play against Green Bay where I was supposed to keep running across the field and I stopped. Al Harris picked of the pass and everyone blamed Jay. It was my fault. There were more of those for our receivers."

Now that Knox is a year older and Devin Hester knows how to play the position better, Cutler looks like a different guy. In his past four starts, Cutler has 13 touchdown passes to two interceptions and his passer rating has been over 100 in every one of those games.

It helps this season that he has Mike Martz running the offense. Martz, for all his faults, and there are plenty, is one of the best offensive minds in football. I love watching his offense.

Cutler and Martz have bonded from the start. And it shows.

It might be good enough to get Cutler to the Pro Bowl. Even better, it might get those doubters off his back.

:sunglasses

guys i need someone to fill in for the ravens against the browns in about 30 mins. i'm booting peterboy in a minute. this will only be for this week while i find someone to fill in for the other games.

aka you can play the cpu if we don't have anyone

Top Bottom