• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

LiveWire

Smokey said:
GG Rors but that was bullshit.

I like how you coincidentally saved your goto unstoppable money plays (aka slot abuse) when the chips were down. I knew this was going to happen. Whenever you are down you run some type of slot crap that always results in your guy being open because of the stupid ass A.I. in the game. Save them for when you're down that way it doesn't appear to be cheese if you run them all game. Didn't run not once the entire 2nd half, just slot abuse with Heyward Bey and oh look at that you win.

League is such horseshit sometimes.

Yea that pretty much was all he would run against me. Best player in the league though so that's OK!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightz said:
Kick meter is a piece of crap. Overturned fumble was BS. Fitzgerald is ridiculous.

Edit: But according to Madden, I won. :lol

Edit 2: GG Astro.
Yeah gg man. Those two huge Fitz catches especially were ridiculous but I'm glad I got 'em because honestly it's pretty rare given Anderson's inaccuracy. God he sucks so bad. Having a 69-rated starter I probably should never throw at all, but for some reason I have among the most in the league. Guess I got addicted to Kurt.

Just came down to who got the breaks at the end though for sure.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Maybe I'm getting names mixed up but I always know going in playing you that you are going to go to the slots eventually if something doesn't go your way. Anyway I'm just saying what I notice.

Your DB's couldnt cover me. Deal with it

Smokey

CB3 said:
Your DB's couldnt cover me. Deal with it

wait are you talking about the real NFL or in the game.

Because if you're talking about real NFL then :lol coming from you, if you're talking about the game shut tha fuck up

TheCrow

I got your back Rors. I don't see what's wrong with utilizing slot receivers since they will most likely be covered by a weak DB. That's why I help my DB by manually covering the slot receiver as well. It doesn't always work but it has gotten me some stops or at least made my opponent look elsewhere.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
I got your back Rors. I don't see what's wrong with utilizing slot receivers since he will most likely be covered by a weak DB. That's why I help my DB by manually covering the slot receiver as well. It doesn't always work but it has gotten me some stops or at least made my opponent look elsewhere.

Well since it's now well established that slot abuse isn't cheese :

andre_johnson.jpg

I'll have him ready to eat

Rorschach

If you think DHB is my best WR, then you're wrong. He's barely even worth the slot. He's rated worse than McFadden as a WR. Your playbook already moves AJ around and I would take the FS if it moved him left. I'm not putting a 99 rated guy in the slot. It's a 68 rated guy. The only reason he's even out there is because he has better potential than Higgins and Higgins is my return guy.

What do you even mean by slot abuse? Give an example of a slot route that is abuse?

Smokey

Rorschach said:
If you think DHB is my best WR, then you're wrong. He's barely even worth the slot. He's rated worse than McFadden as a WR. Your playbook already moves AJ around and I would take the FS if it moved him left. I'm not putting a 99 rated guy in the slot. It's a 68 rated guy. The only reason he's even out there is because he has better potential than Higgins and Higgins is my return guy.

What do you even mean by slot abuse? Give an example of a slot route that is abuse?

When I say slot abuse I mean literally not running much else, which is what you did during the 2nd half. You threw to your TE here and there and some in patterns with your WR ...but beyond that ....

I'm just bringing it to your attention just like you did when you said I was PA abusing you or whatever you said way back in Madden 10.

Somnia

Guess I can never throw to Dez Bryant again? Fuck that I'm throwing to him anytime he is open or anyone else in the slot. If you want to accuse me of slot abusing then so be it, but I'm not letting someone who is open not get the pass....espically with how bad I throw most of the time.

McNei1y

CB3 said:
I always keep an eye on slot DBs. Especially in key situations

Yeah, is switching your receivers to the slot a cheese move? Just making sure. I've done this a few times to beat the slot DB and it has honestly helped me. (this is in ranked games) I never thought of doing that until I saw Andre Johnson in the slot position. I tried it and Sims-Walker blew by his guy for a 70 yd td :lol

Rorschach

Smokey said:
When I say slot abuse I mean literally not running much else, which is what you did during the 2nd half. You threw to your TE here and there and some in patterns with your WR ...but beyond that ....

I'm just bringing it to your attention just like you did when you said I was PA abusing you or whatever you said way back in Madden 10.
But what does that even mean... 3 catches is "running nothing but that"? That doesn't even make any sense.

McNei1y said:
Yeah, is switching your receivers to the slot a cheese move? Just making sure. I've done this a few times to beat the slot DB and it has honestly helped me. (this is in ranked games) I never thought of doing that until I saw Andre Johnson in the slot position. I tried it and Sims-Walker blew by his guy for a 70 yd td :lol
I didn't even switch my WRs.... DHB is rated 68. He's not Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald...

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
I didn't even switch my WRs.... DHB is rated 68. He's not Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald...

Sorry, I wasn't comparing anything to you or anything thats going on here. I was just making sure whats considered cheese and whats not (before I end up doing it in the league). I've never done it before ranked games and since ranked games cant be considered sim, I'm just making sure.

TheCrow

I think putting your #1 WR in the slot for the entire game is more of an exploit than what you are describing. There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on a defensive mismatch when your 3rd WR is better than the opposing teams 3rd CB. It's just one more factor you have to take into account when you are on defense.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm, Welker's like the Ultimate Slot guy. Even the Playbook on the Pats, makes him the Slot WR (even though he's in slot 2).

Smokey

CB3 said:

No, I just call out BS.

Rorschach said:
But what does that even mean... 3 catches is "running nothing but that"? That doesn't even make any sense.

Ok I said Bey because that's who I'm most familiar with on your WR core and maybe because he burned me for the majority of yardage in your slot attack. You definitely didn't just pass 3 times to the slots in the 2nd half.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
No, I just call out BS.

Ok I said Bey because that's who I'm most familiar with on your WR core and maybe because he burned me for the majority of yardage in your slot attack. You definitely didn't just pass 3 times to the slots in the 2nd half.
Unless you count Miller as the slot, yes. The other guys are always at my #1 and 2 spots. I never put Schilens or Murphy at the slot. Ford and Higgins didn't have grabs and I didn't need many throws. I had great field position because of the interceptions that stacked up in the second.

Miguel

Smokey said:
GG Rors but that was bullshit.

I like how you coincidentally saved your goto unstoppable money plays (aka slot abuse) when the chips were down. I knew this was going to happen. Whenever you are down you run some type of slot crap that always results in your guy being open because of the stupid ass A.I. in the game. Save them for when you're down that way it doesn't appear to be cheese if you run them all game. Didn't run not once the entire 2nd half, just slot abuse with Heyward Bey and oh look at that you win.

League is such horseshit sometimes.
YEAH! Total horse shit, if I were you I wouldn't take this shit anymore. No sense in playing in a league like this if you have to deal with all this crap.

I will kindly take the Texans off your hands and right the wrongs of this league.

Somnia

Miguel said:
YEAH! Total horse shit, if I were you I wouldn't take this shit anymore. No sense in playing in a league like this if you have to deal with all this crap.

I will kindly take the Texans off your hands and right the wrongs of this league.

:lol

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Unless you count Miller as the slot, yes. The other guys are always at my #1 and 2 spots. I never put Schilens or Murphy at the slot. Ford and Higgins didn't have grabs and I didn't need many throws. I had great field position because of the interceptions that stacked up in the second.

I respect your argument, and as such I will drop it. Maybe you will or maybe you won't change how you play but I just thought it should be put out there what it looks like.

Mrbob

Wellington is the new Lonestar is the new Luke! Dump that ball off. :D This game is NBA2K10 bad at the moment. We need jesus patch stat.

McNei1y

LukeSmith said:
I had an NCAA game and some other stuff, you around now?

I would be but Im to drunk to play anything and actually compete. Lets play tomorrow. When are you free? Me = 3:30-10:00 pm EST!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Wellington is the new Lonestar is the new Luke! Dump that ball off. :D This game is NBA2K10 bad at the moment. We need jesus patch stat.
Hah. Good thing I save every play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2rk6MDNIk

All of those were blitzes, some I was lucky to even get the ball off.

Everyone's been so blitz happy I have to send the RB off on every damned play as a safety valve.

Believe me, I would love to go downfield.

Nightz

Oh hey guys

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

Please post your impressions here.

Here is a list of fixes, for those of you that might not know.

* Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
* Generally making pass defense more effective
* Reducing number of broken tackles
* Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
* Tuning injuries
* Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
* Improving play action blocking
* Improving kick return blocking
* Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
* Random stability improvements
* Miscellaneous gameplay balancing
I could've used the improved kick meter last night.

BigAT

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the kicking lag was greatly reduced, if not eliminated, already. Last night it felt like it was completely gone for me in our game, to the point that I screwed up a couple of kickoffs because I was still compensating for lag.

Miguel

Nightz said:
The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

Please post your impressions here.

Here is a list of fixes, for those of you that might not know.

* Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
* Generally making pass defense more effective
* Reducing number of broken tackles
* Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
* Tuning injuries
* Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
* Improving play action blocking
* Improving kick return blocking
* Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
* Random stability improvements
* Miscellaneous gameplay balancing

Thank you baby jesus

Mrbob

Jesus Patch here!

Wellington said:
Hah. Good thing I save every play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2rk6MDNIk

All of those were blitzes, some I was lucky to even get the ball off.

Everyone's been so blitz happy I have to send the RB off on every damned play as a safety valve.

Believe me, I would love to go downfield.

I got suctioned into your blocker on that td pass. :p Should have gone by him and to the qb. :D You also forgot to show the long td run where my safety stopped in the middle of the field and let the RB go by. :lol Oh the little swing pass on the outside to your WR when the game switched assignments on me at the last second, then I get illegal picked and ez td. :D

Rorschach

If we move to All-Pro, it should be after some testing. People are already complaining about the offense now. I can't imagine what it would be like with All-Pro.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
If we move to All-Pro, it should be after some testing. People are already complaining about the offense now. I can't imagine what it would be like with All-Pro.

Testing? Pfft. This is the GAF Madden league! Where we turn off injuries after 4 players get hurt!

Mrbob

Cry moarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :D I lost my 2nd best cornerback in week one for 5 weeks who is rated 74. I'm running a secondary with players in the 60s right now!

Top Bottom