• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Child please. FMT could give a shit less about your trades affecting his chances to win. It's the rest of the league who will whine about trades, and he doesn't want to hear people bitch and moan about it.

paul-scheer.jpg

LiveWire said:
Child please. FMT could give a shit less about your trades affecting his chances to win. It's the rest of the league who will whine about trades, and he doesn't want to hear people bitch and moan about it.

couldn't have said it better myself!

Sanjuro

Trades are serious drama mangs. I worked years on my Favre deal just to have it crumble.

Also, Lonestar finally showed up to play his game. No drama this time, just some annoying diving / running away from the opposing ball carrier. I just don't think he knows the game of football very well.

BigAT

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Trades are serious drama mangs. I worked years on my Favre deal just to have it crumble.

Also, Lonestar finally showed up to play his game. No drama this time, just some annoying diving / running away from the opposing ball carrier. I just don't think he knows the game of football very well.
You're lucky it did!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Whoever was in touch with Crip, tell him GG. But also not to manually rush the LB (Posluszny). He didn't do it all the time, but at least 5 or 6 times.

Wouldn't say it would have helped me won, as the difference was in Spiller being a real version of the Broken RB's from Madden 10. Just cut on a dime, right 90 degrees to the sideline, the cut up with 99 ACC. Oh, and he can slip out of 80% of tackles. Geeeez :lol

But, encouraged I could almost pull a 21 point comeback in the 4th quarter. Just missed on the onside.

I can Onside to try and win, right guys? Right?

Sanjuro

I was bored so I figured I would update the OP for FMT to the more current state and include messenger names. If anyone has any additions to add please post.

AFC East
Bills - Crip4Life (AIM - bigkryptic)
Dolphins - EZnark (AIM - bpqb7)
Jets - DenogginizerOS (AIM - Magnoggin)
Patriots - Lonestar

AFC North
Bengals - Sanjuro Tsubaki (AIM - sanjuromifune)
Browns - AkaBalla (AIM - ronn4180)
Ravens - peterb0y (No Messenger)
Steelers - Ramirez (AIM - CtownSkins3)

AFC South
Colts - LukeSmith (No Messenger)
Jaguars - McNei1y (No Messenger)
Texans - Smokey (AIM - dboythagr8)
Titans - Storybook (No Messenger)

AFC West
Broncos - TheCrow (AIM - gafthecrow)
Chargers - Nightz (AIM - nightzgaf )
Chiefs - Daw840 (AIM - daw840daw)
Raiders - Rorschach (AIM - hawakubo)

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia (AIM - Somnia1982)
Eagles - CB3 (AIM - thecoldone33)
Giants - Wellington (AIM - WellingtonGAF)
Redskins - Sableholic (AIM - sableholic)

NFC North
Bears - Mrbob (AIM - mrbob2k1)
Lions - Goldlion (AIM - goldlion054)
Packers - BigAT (AIM - CommandoAT)
Vikings - Miguel (AIM - molina118)

NFC South
Buccaneers - Dmczaf ( AIM - dmczafx23)
Falcons - DCX (AIM - DreamcastKC)
Panthers - GCQuinton (AIM - Wsv77 2K3)
Saints - Birdman (AIM - b1rdman02)

NFC West
49ers - FrenchMovieTheme (AIM - whossorrynow015)
Cardinals - Astrolad (No Messenger)
Seahawks - XXX
Rams - LiveWire (AIM - Atreides815)

(9/19/2010) EDIT: Somnia and Livewire Added.

List with the updates.

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Also, Lonestar finally showed up to play his game.

Late to mention, but, you mean he finally showed up? I was busy Saturday, he was busy Sunday. Monday our timing was off, between Me and Work, and Him and MNF. Made it today at 7, and started around 7:30.

There's no need to be all snarky, when there's 2 other games that are still in limbo.

Rorschach

Only 2 games left!

Smokey and Somnia tried to play, but got disconnected. Will retry. No one knows what's up with the Browns/Ravens game. :\

Nightz

Rorschach said:
No one knows what's up with the Browns/Ravens game. :\
AkaBalla mentioned that he would be around tonight. I saw peter on Live, so I sent AkaBalla a PM saying that he was on. This was about 30 minutes ago, now peter's not on Live anymore. =\

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
Late to mention, but, you mean he finally showed up? I was busy Saturday, he was busy Sunday. Monday our timing was off, between Me and Work, and Him and MNF. Made it today at 7, and started around 7:30.

There's no need to be all snarky, when there's 2 other games that are still in limbo.
You stiffed him both times you made plans and when that carried over into real football he wanted to watch the games.

Just because he doesn't have forum access please don't try and paint yourself in a lighter image. I was in a chat with him the entire game, he was rather shocked when you brought up his play afterward. You really just need some maturing lessons. I don't think you are mentally capable to understand things without douchebag vision.

He is concerned because of his status how people view him, you obviously are not.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
I didn't have a problem with him but he was manually blitzing LB's. Personally I had no idea that was frowned upon.
I don't think it is. I've had it done to me in scrim/league. Not a big deal as it opens up the passing game.

Lonestar

I only brought that little thing up, because we aren't supposed to do that. It was alright with me, just wasn't sure if he knew it was one of the rules to follow, right? Other than that, he played great. I played pretty crummy early, shoddy tackling on defense, and a little spice of hope at the end that fell short.

You're the only one bringing about some kind of blame game on time issue, when the game isn't even holding up the league. You're about as bad as the Fifty tirade back in 10. Oooh, how dare he play MAG on launch day, and not MEEE!!

And College Football is RealER football, FYI.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't think it is. I've had it done to me in scrim/league. Not a big deal as it opens up the passing game.
You've had manual blitzing LBs in league games? Blitzing LBs is fine, but manually blitzing is frowned upon. Unless the QB leaves the pocket, then he's fair game. Or if the LB breaches the line and you just take over to clean up the sack.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
That's a dumb trade.. how come the asking price was so high for me? I'd totally give you my 79 rated FS, some shitty WR, and a 2nd for Marshall. Bring up the paper work and I'll sign.
Funny. He wanted Rolle and Manningham from me for Marshall. Seriously want me to trade two good pieces for what I already have in Hakeem Nicks? C'mon son.jpg

I thought I had this convo with you? Maybe I am wrong and it was someone else. I know McNeily was destroying me with Durant because of his speed on the blitz.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
You've had manual blitzing LBs in league games? Blitzing LBs is fine, but manually blitzing is frowned upon. Unless the QB leaves the pocket, then he's fair game. Or if the LB breaches the line and you just take over to clean up the sack.
I didn't know. Nothing to write home about, but I've had it done to me.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
I thought I had this convo with you? Maybe I am wrong and it was someone else. I know McNeily was destroying me with Durant because of his speed on the blitz.
You didn't with me. I don't do it myself personally.

manually blitzing LB's/CB's is illegal. the only time it is really accepted is if you are controlling a lb, dude pulls a PA fake and you go for the rb in the backfield, and it ends up a pass hey sack the qb!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
manually blitzing LB's/CB's is illegal. the only time it is really accepted is if you are controlling a lb, dude pulls a PA fake and you go for the rb in the backfield, and it ends up a pass hey sack the qb!
Woah, we can do that? I usually just back the LB out into coverage when I realize I bit on the PA (or try since most of the time I get held by the RB).

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
I only brought that little thing up, because we aren't supposed to do that. It was alright with me, just wasn't sure if he knew it was one of the rules to follow, right? Other than that, he played great. I played pretty crummy early, shoddy tackling on defense, and a little spice of hope at the end that fell short.

You're the only one bringing about some kind of blame game on time issue, when the game isn't even holding up the league. You're about as bad as the Fifty tirade back in 10. Oooh, how dare he play MAG on launch day, and not MEEE!!

And College Football is RealER football, FYI.
I didn't say you were holding up the league, you just blew him off a couple times and he wasn't too happy about that.

Rorschach said:
Woah, we can do that? I usually just back the LB out into coverage when I realize I bit on the PA (or try since most of the time I get held).

well im just saying if you are already in the backfield to hit the RB and its a pa fake you aren't going to run away from the qb because you can't manually blitz, you're going to sack him

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
LDT was over the hill. McRibb was fucking crazy, but his time was almost up. Cutler was due to poutyness. We don't have a pout rating yet. All of these were off-season, btw.

Rorschach-The Raiders(Full of himself but he' getting better. When talking to him add the phrase "LOL JPOUT" to eaveryone of your posts and he'll like you.)
Gigglepoo-Raiders or 49ers I don't know/care(Rorschach' alt)

Mrbob said:
Rorschach-The Raiders(Full of himself but he' getting better. When talking to him add the phrase "LOL JPOUT" to eaveryone of your posts and he'll like you.)
Gigglepoo-Raiders or 49ers I don't know/care(Rorschach' alt)

what the fuck does any of this mean? i literally have no idea wtf you are saying :lol

Sanjuro

College football is all fine and dandy when you are in your twenties/teens...after that it's just creepy pedo-manbabies who are obsessed with studs. I'm all set with that.

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I didn't say you were holding up the league, you just blew him off a couple times and he wasn't too happy about that.

And I'm saying it was a 2 way street. He blew me off on Sunday, and Monday. But I don't even consider it "blowing me off" as I understand the desire to watch football.

I was chuckling while typing that.

If he was getting antsy because of me, I hope he doesn't play Bob. TV season just started, and it could be a long, LONG winter.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
College football is all fine and dandy when you are in your twenties/teens...after that it's just creepy pedo-manbabies who are obsessed with studs. I'm all set with that.

what about chris weinke, who won the heisman when he was like 28 years old

Somnia

I'm laying down Smokey. Shoot me an AIM (will get it through mobile) if you can play. I'll be up till at least midnight CST. If you can't go again tonight I work pretty late tomorrow, but will be home around 830-9pm cst before the advance time. If that doesn't work guess it'll have to get simmed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I was bored so I figured I would update the OP for FMT to the more current state and include messenger names. If anyone has any additions to add please post.

AFC East
Patriots - Lonestar

AFC North
Ravens - peterb0y (No Messenger)

AFC South
Titans - Storybook (No Messenger)

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West
Seahawks - Kave_Man (No Messenger)

List with the updates.

I'm in charge of the Seahawks now.

Sanjuro

So is Luke a member of Bungie? Loving the game, but never had so much damn problems with the save system.

9/20 - Save/Quit at Level six. Solo/Legendary
9/21 - Lost two levels...catch up again...beat Level 6
9/22 - XBOX Live disconnects sending me back to the menu and back to the beginning of level 6.

I spent an entire night going nowhere :'( Cabela's North American Adventure would never do this to me.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Can you guys stop talking shit and just play for fucks sake?
Shit like this only goes down during exceptionally long weeks.

Even more of a reason to simit.jpg in the future.

Sanjuro

AFC East
Patriots - Lonestar (AIM - Lonemdg)

AFC North
Ravens - peterb0y (AIM - peterb0y305)

AFC South
Titans - Storybook (AIM - storybook1977)

AFC West

NFC East

NFC North

NFC South

NFC West
Seahawks - Kave_Man (No Messenger)

(9/22/2010) EDIT: Added Peter/Story/Lonestar *May be old.

List with the updates.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea but the point is, real NFL teams make ridiculously poor judgment calls all the time in trades, whether it's for players or picks. Might as well let people go all out

The only comparable trades I can think to a lot of what goes down in this league is the Branch trade. A Super Bowl MVP in his relative prime traded for some high draft picks. That's honestly the highest profile in season trade in real life that has happened in recent years as far as I remember.

LukeSmith

Use the trade voting again this year, stay strong on the "no retarded trades" for year 1 and wait and see what stupid folks cook up in the offseason. The majority will do the right thing, democracy, right?

AkaBalla

Sorry Guys, I do check the thread periodically but can't stay on the computer or XBL all night to see if my opponent is around.. I posted my times available and havent seen a response.. Though i see he has aim in the contact list. So i will be sure to try to get him tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Use the trade voting again this year, stay strong on the "no retarded trades" for year 1 and wait and see what stupid folks cook up in the offseason. The majority will do the right thing, democracy, right?
Trades in the middle of the season or right before the season have only happened IRL for one of two reasons, a malcontent player on a team disrupting the locker room (which doesn't happen in Madden), or a serious depletion/short coming on a roster which needs to be made up (won't happen in our league).

Recent examples of mid-season or right before the season trades that I can come up with:

-Braylon Edwards to the Jets for picks due to being a malcontent

-Rosencopter and Darius Reynaud to the Giants for picks due to Sorgi injury and no one that can return on the Giants.

-Philly traded for Will Witherspoon from the Rams because they had suffered a number of injuries at LB

-Roy Williams traded to the Cowboys by Detroit. Jerry Jones was basically made the fool with this one. Roy was a malcontent, TO was being released during the off-season, they had TO, Crayton, Hurd, and some guy that didn't get much playtime named Miles Austin on the roster. They wanted to solidify their corps for next year while trying to win big that season.

-Chiefs get Thigpen from Miami. They were hurting for QB depth and Thigpen already knew the system

Couple this with the fact that it's mostly guys that don't really care about their teams that made the trades last year and are starting up this year and I see it as something that can wait until the offseason, after progressions and regressions are known, and after getting to know rosters and what problems exist with them.

Just my $0.02, if my opinion is actually going to be asked on trades.

McNei1y

Ughhhhh, ranked games get me so frustrated. :lol

It's like the CPU always goes against me. I had time to stop a drive and get the ball back but I was short a TO because right after the 2 minute warning one of my players had to get injured. Then a fumble, which my guy clearly jumped on, was given to the opponent. Such a waste of time.

Top Bottom