• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

BigAT said:
I'm in pretty much the exact same boat. Got killed by Austin Collie today and my opponent currently has the most points in our league. I need a solid game out of Aaron Rodgers/Greg Jennings tomorrow night to win. Definitely doable, but it's going to take a good game out of them.

Sable, I'm around pretty much the rest of the night.

Wasn't feeling well yesterday, passed out at like 8:30. Possibly tonight I can play.

Birdman02

AstroLad said:
that was weird, said you quit -- you freeze? it got all stuckish there

was a great game too. good ol ea servers/madden

Yeah, that looked like it was gonna be a pretty exciting finish. I was in the middle of typing out a message blaming EA for the drop, but then I got kicked off xbl and noticed that I had no internet access. :(

I should be able to play anytime after 9:30 est tonight if you wanna try again.

bird,

i'm stuck at home today so i can make myself available to play most times between now and 9 pm est

In that case, I'm at work all day, but I could probably play during my lunch break, but we'd have to start right at 1:10 est. If that doesn't work, then I'll have another tight window between 6:15-6:30.

LiveWire said:
Woah what happened? Sorry to hear man, get to the doctor and get well soon!

Thanks. Looks like just a minor concussion, though. I was playing ultimate and layed out for a catch and bounced my head off the ground. I blacked out for a sec and got up only to throw up, haha. But i should be able to play tomorrow anytime between 3 and 8 eastern. then 9 eastern on. any of those work for you?

Birdman02

Sounds good. If I don't show up, then it's because I still don't have internet at home. I assume it's back on, but I didn't get a chance to check this morning.

Birdman02

AstroLad said:
gg. not as exciting as yesterday's unfortunately but it was still pretty good for about 3 quarters

GG man. I got pretty nervous when you scored 10 quick points before the half.

Also, you got screwed on that last fumble. It probably wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but I definitely thought that should've been an incomplete pass.

Rorschach

eznark said:
I don't buy it. One of Ror's dozen teams must have won yesterday.
He only had one team. If you're not in on the lifelong joke (that he hasn't even done this year), then that's your problem!

eznark

Banned
:lol

I went to the Brewers last home game yesterday then drove all the way back to my house so I saw no football. I actually thought the Raiders won!

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:
Thanks. Looks like just a minor concussion, though. I was playing ultimate and layed out for a catch and bounced my head off the ground. I blacked out for a sec and got up only to throw up, haha. But i should be able to play tomorrow anytime between 3 and 8 eastern. then 9 eastern on. any of those work for you?

By tomorrow you mean Tuesday night? I can play around 10 Eastern tomorrow night if that works for you?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Birdman02 said:
GG man. I got pretty nervous when you scored 10 quick points before the half.

Also, you got screwed on that last fumble. It probably wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but I definitely thought that should've been an incomplete pass.
Yeah there seemed to be like 3-4 genuinely bad calls that game. Like I could have sworn that TD of yours that they called out was in.

BigAT

sableholic said:
Wasn't feeling well yesterday, passed out at like 8:30. Possibly tonight I can play.
I'd prefer to play before MNF if possible. Let me know when you know if you'll be around.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW, watching the game last night between the Jets and Dolphins showed me just a bit of how far we've yet to go with football videogames. Brandon Marshall is a fucking **BEAST** in real life and IMO his skills just do not translate into Madden. He's basically a possession guy in Madden.

Dude basically ate the Jet's secondary for lunch.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
BTW, watching the game last night between the Jets and Dolphins showed me just a bit of how far we've yet to go with football videogames. Brandon Marshall is a fucking **BEAST** in real life and IMO his skills just do not translate into Madden. He's basically a possession guy in Madden.

Agreed.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:

Scoreboard!

But yes, Marshall was a beast in a world without Revis.

McNei1y

I'm fuckin terrible :lol

My defense gets beat so badly. My supposedly good linebackers can't play zone at all... I know a slant play is coming and they still can't defend it. smh.

When can we start getting FA's? :lol :lol

DCX

DCX
McNei1y said:

My defense gets beat so badly. My supposedly good linebackers can't play zone at all... I know a slant play is coming and they still can't defend it. smh.

After this week i think.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
McNei1y said:

Don't you play a manual LB? Why don't you just sit on the route if you're already in a zone?

Also, most of the league will crush bland Cover 3 or Cover 2. You have to mix it up.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Don't you play a manual LB? Why don't you just sit on the route if you're already in a zone?

Also, most of the league will crush bland Cover 3 or Cover 2. You have to mix it up.
This, NFL Matchup show thought me :)

DCX

Miguel

Farve2-420_display.jpg

Nightz

Rors I'm gonna be home earlier than usual, so I can go soon if you're free. I'd actually like to finish before 8 since Chuck is on at 8. If not, I can go at 9.

Miguel

DenogginizerOS said:
Ugly, ugly, UGLY game. I am a lucky dog. GG, Mig.
I swear, aside from my passing game... I caught EVERY break. Peterson was making nice runs, I had two amazing "inside the 5" punts. I was stopping you on defense for the most part...

and of course... LaPoutian Poutinson busts out for a 53 yard TD that basically kills me. I hate to stick with Peterson all day (I know), but I think at this point, we're gonna get some DM ball out of me, cause I can't pass for shit with Favre. Even on All-Madden, I'm not this bad with the Texans. That's excluding the passes to Andre Johnson.

I hate my team.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Miguel said:
I swear, aside from my passing game... I caught EVERY break. Peterson was making nice runs, I had two amazing "inside the 5" punts. I was stopping you on defense for the most part...

and of course... LaPoutian Poutinson busts out for a 53 yard TD that basically kills me. I hate to stick with Peterson all day (I know), but I think at this point, we're gonna get some DM ball out of me, cause I can't pass for shit with Favre. Even on All-Madden, I'm not this bad with the Texans. That's excluding the passes to Andre Johnson.

I hate my team.
The Vikings D is pretty stout. I saw passes that looked open close down in a heartbeat.

Miguel

eznark said:
I thought this was a league concerned first and foremost with realism. Favre is the starter!
Favre cannot complete a pass. I wanted to trade him before and got vetoed. Now, he's going to get benched. Else, someone make me a trade offer for Favre. CK, give me Rosencopter.

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
Turner for Marshall!!! Do it Enzark! Run the wishbone tripple option!

DCX

I'm playing Marshall at QB from now on. Apparently there is no player more valuable in the entire universe than Brandon Marshall so I feel he should touch the ball every play.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I'm playing Marshall at QB from now on. Apparently there is no player more valuable in the entire universe than Brandon Marshall so I feel he should touch the ball every play.
:lol :lol :lol OR that.

DCX

Rorschach

GG Nightz. Lucky breaks on both sides, but it must have felt worse for you because my QB sucks. :lol

Has anyone noticed some weird warping shit since the patch? Some of my players and nightz' players were doing it on offense... that shit usually only happens on defense without the ball. For example, I ran right and then Bush warped like 2 feet to the right. Ran again and he did the same thing. Sproles did it near the 10 as well...

Also, :lol @ how they "fixed" the meter... wow, that's turrble.

[edit] Oh looking at the replay, it's the evade tackle animation, not warping. My bad!

Top Bottom