• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DCX

DCX
In the best interest of keeping this league as true to life as a 70 rated CB running better routes than your own WR, Turner is going to be a Falcon. All trades have been voted on. All have been voted down.

My bad to all of those who i have contacted in regards to trades..and most importantly the commish and his band of merry men for maintaining a semblance of balance in this league.

To save some of you the time:

bestgm.gif
theoffice.gif
bittertears.gif

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ian Cummings said:
Looking into dc issues. No eta RT @Giants0705: Any ETA when the Madden 11 Online Franchise servers will be back up and/or why they are down?

Ian listened to me!

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:
Live, looks like the servers are gonna be down for a while. I'll check (or try to) around 10, but things don't look good :-(

Probably best for me anyway, been hurling all day thanks to the first flu I've had since I was a kid. :/

I'm gonna try and hop on Reach, that seemed to calm down my stomach for a bit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
'Vancing after the servers are up will double fix things.

I just want to play for fucks sake.

Goldlion when are you available to fuck me up?

Somnia

Story I'll be up and around till midnight CST. Shoot me an AIM if the servers come back up and you can play tonight if not we are on for tomorrow after 7pm cst right?

servers are back up but it doesn't appear the DC issue has been fixed since me and CB dc'ed again.

go fuck yourself Ian!

btw cb, 2/3 of your long plays early came because of me fucking hitting A and not getting to pick my play, then scrambling to figure out what to do without wasting a timeout. shameful! i was about to tie it up too, run it down your throat again!

Somnia said:
Story I'll be up and around till midnight CST. Shoot me an AIM if the servers come back up and you can play tonight if not we are on for tomorrow after 7pm cst right?

We're on for tonight. It'll probably be around 10 est, so 9 your time before I can get on though.

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
civ v killed the league. bob eznark let's get a game going.

Of Civ? I'm down, even though winning a cultural victory pretty much ended my love affair with the game...soooooooo bad

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
Of Civ? I'm down, even though winning a cultural victory pretty much ended my love affair with the game...soooooooo bad
:lol what do you mean? i like cultural victories but then again i've always been a non-expansionist (as much as civ iv didn't want to let me be one; fucking bts). my favorite victory to go for so far is diplomatic because i love working with city-states. and i haven't even tried that with alexander yet. probably go for that once i get done with this persian king runthrough. really liking persia although their golden-age bonuses do push you toward expansion a bit. domination is a bit vanilla for me but i can't say it wasn't fun stampeding over the world with bismarck's barbarian army. think i got like 20 barbarian units (some quite high quality) that game

Nightz

As a Civ noob (only played a bit of Civ Rev), I'm still completely lost. I think I'm 7 hours into my game and I still have no idea what I need to do to win. :lol

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
:lol what do you mean? i like cultural victories but then again i've always been a non-expansionist (as much as civ iv didn't want to let me be one; fucking bts). my favorite victory to go for so far is diplomatic because i love working with city-states. and i haven't even tried that with alexander yet. probably go for that once i get done with this persian king runthrough. really liking persia although their golden-age bonuses do push you toward expansion a bit. domination is a bit vanilla for me but i can't say it wasn't fun stampeding over the world with bismarck's barbarian army. think i got like 20 barbarian units (some quite high quality) that game

The mechanics of it are shit. I was getting +200 culture per turn and still it took me forever to fill it out.....then I had to build the Utopian Project which took another 100 turns?!!!

Space Race is next, and that will be excellent.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Need some FF advice.

Here is my team.

CBFcy.jpg

I've been offered Andre Johnson for my Boldin and Ryan Mathews. Mathews is coming off of the injury, and has been wholly unproductive, Boldin gets to see the Steelers twice, the Dolphins, the Bengals once more, the Pats, Cleveland once more, the NFC South and the Texans. AJ has a MUCH more favorable schedule. I am inclined to do it but my RB depth is bad.

Half ppr, 3WR/2RB league.

I do have Santonio Holmes active after this week. A trio of AJ, Nicks, Holmes/Smith sounds enticing.

Blount is available, I am thinking of grabbing him, but I am screwed otherwise at RB this week. Will have to start Donald Brown.

What do you guys say?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
The mechanics of it are shit. I was getting +200 culture per turn and still it took me forever to fill it out.....then I had to build the Utopian Project which took another 100 turns?!!!

Space Race is next, and that will be excellent.
Really? I'm not trying to be a baller and I'm certainly no Civ expert by any stretch but I had Gandhi and it was really easy, at least on Prince. Key for me with culture is to just never build more than 3-4 cities. If you have 5 or more I could imagine it's very difficult, and likely pointless, to go for a culture victory.

Right now I'm agonizing because I'm playing on a Large map (King) with Persia and I could probably overrun Bismarck (he had a failed assault against Geneva that I helped them fend off, and then a failed assault against me, saw it coming a mile away and started spamming units) but I want to go for a culture victory so I can't overextend. Bah.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Need some FF advice.

Here is my team.

CBFcy.jpg

I've been offered Andre Johnson for my Boldin and Ryan Mathews. Mathews is coming off of the injury, and has been wholly unproductive, Boldin gets to see the Steelers twice, the Dolphins, the Bengals once more, the Pats, Cleveland once more, the NFC South and the Texans. AJ has a MUCH more favorable schedule. I am inclined to do it but my RB depth is bad.

Half ppr, 3WR/2RB league.

I do have Santonio Holmes active after this week. A trio of AJ, Nicks, Holmes/Smith sounds enticing.

Blount is available, I am thinking of grabbing him, but I am screwed otherwise at RB this week. Will have to start Donald Brown.

What do you guys say?

Just really armchair suggestions, I suck at FF.
  • Take the Johnson Deal (but after this week, because Asomugha will lock him down)
  • Drop Stafford and Massaquoi
  • Drop Owen Daniels and get someone else (Greg Oleson, John Carlson - there are a bunch of decent tight ends, and I don't think Daniels is going to be productive for awhile because of the knee injury, though with AJ on lockdown this week, maybe he'll breakout?)

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:
Live, i hope you are feeling better. but i can play anytime after 9 est. I sincerely hope to send you to oblivion this evening

Thanks man, definitely am back to normal. Sounds good on the time, will happily destroy the Lions then.

Miguel

Yeah, I'd take the deal pending this week's performance. Andre's ankle has been a bit of an issue the past 2 weeks. Not a big issue, but it is bothering him.

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
Really? I'm not trying to be a baller and I'm certainly no Civ expert by any stretch but I had Gandhi and it was really easy, at least on Prince. Key for me with culture is to just never build more than 3-4 cities. If you have 5 or more I could imagine it's very difficult, and likely pointless, to go for a culture victory.

Right now I'm agonizing because I'm playing on a Large map (King) with Persia and I could probably overrun Bismarck (he had a failed assault against Geneva that I helped them fend off, and then a failed assault against me, saw it coming a mile away and started spamming units) but I want to go for a culture victory so I can't overextend. Bah.

It was easy, it just took forever. Honestly it was far too easy. I built 3 cities, focused all of them on culture and pretty much no one ever bothered me. I just next turned all the way through.

I'm doing a space race as Elizabeth right now, just trying to do sort of the same thing but with pure tech tree sprint to rocket! It's 1100 AD right now and I still don't even have archers. THIS method is hilarious.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Prince is quite easy this iteration. I wouldn't really recommend it for anything but a first game. I'm liking King so far, maybe move up depending on how well I do. But I sort of consider everything Prince and below to basically be sandbox mode. You can win however you want with just basic strategy. Fun way to learn the game though and I'm actually glad they took this approach because default in BTS was not even close to newb-friendly.

eznark

Banned
The thing I don't like about culture victory is that you pretty much have to start it from turn one and can never deviate. Kind of lame.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
Yeah, I'd take the deal pending this week's performance. Andre's ankle has been a bit of an issue the past 2 weeks. Not a big issue, but it is bothering him.
You mean despite this week's performance where he gets shut down.
2m7hla8.png

Mrbob

Me and GCQ can't play tonight due to schedule conflicts so let us know. If you have to sim it SIM IT but make sure I don't win!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Me and GCQ can't play tonight due to schedule conflicts so let us know. If you have to sim it SIM IT but make sure I don't win!
:lol :lol Or, we could sim all you games and let you play your favorite part.

DCX

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
He could play the AI right now. You're in tank mode anyway. I'm sure you gave him the runaround since Saturday. :|

Mrbob

Been busy! He has to leave when I get home and vice versa. :lol Do I get hit with injuries if I leave and cpu plays? I don't want Cutler hurt. :(

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Been busy! He has to leave when I get home and vice versa. :lol Do I get hit with injuries if I leave and cpu plays? I don't want Cutler hurt. :(
But that helps you....

DCX

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Injuries aren't even on yet.

Are the EA servers not available for anyone else?

Rorschach

Bob and his imaginary injuries. They're off! And simming gives more injuries than playing the ai anyway.

We should turn on injuries this upcoming week.

...and turn up the quarters by 1 min!

...and we need to do FA!

Somnia

storybook77 said:
We're on for tonight. It'll probably be around 10 est, so 9 your time before I can get on though.

Shoot me an AIM when you're ready. It'll goto my mobile as I'm reinstalling windows in a minute and it might be a bit before I have AIM reinstalled on my new HDD. I'm going to see a movie tonight around midnight CST so hopefully you are good to go by 11pm cst :D

Top Bottom