• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
Is 2K actually good or are you guys blinded by new game syndrome. Similar to how I thought Madden was good this year. :lol

Madden was never good, it is adequate but I feel like a fool for buying it at this point. I stopped playing it regularly a week after I bought it.

2k11 is the first sports game in awhile that has the immersion factor. It actually feels like a NBA broadcast. I will say that I am new to the franchise and controls, so once I get them down I may feel differently and find all kinds of holes. But right now I am loving it. I am even loving the CPU AI.

Rorschach said:
If I have a high rated guy like Nnamdi, I just redo his contract in the middle of his old contract. :D It usually saves me cap space for the next season anyway since I make it a long term deal. Unfortunately, they don't let you decide how to front load the contract. :\

I try to do that too. But alot of the times, its my rookies who developed wildly or some other exigent circumstance causing me to hold off. Oh well. In one of our franchises i made 9 straight play off appearances with 3 super bowls from it. It was great

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
I try to do that too. But alot of the times, its my rookies who developed wildly or some other exigent circumstance causing me to hold off. Oh well. In one of our franchises i made 9 straight play off appearances with 3 super bowls from it. It was great
Some years are tough, so I go without signing most of my rookies. :lol

Smokey

Ramirez said:
Is 2K actually good or are you guys blinded by new game syndrome. Similar to how I thought Madden was good this year. :lol

nah, it's the real deal this year.

madden 11 is to madden what 2k10 was to 2k. true story.

As skillz said...the presentation of 2k11 is the best in any sports game I've played. The atmosphere in the arena's with the music/crowd is crazy good. I played against DCX a couple of nights ago in the garden and it was great. Felt like a true road win. They even booed after the game (although I don't know if that was because they're the Knicks or because I won:lol ). Also, the amount of pure stuff you can do with the controls is amazing. Euro hopsteps, step back crossovers, off the glass alley-opps, reverse layups. You have control over every type of dribble move or shot around the rim (even more so than previous 2k's).

Hopefully Madden has the same type of bounce back year with Madden 12.

LiveWire

I dunno Smokey. I've never seen Yao Ming look that good on a basketball court. So clearly there's still some fine-tuning that needs to be done.

Smokey

Wellington said:

I dunno if you're laughing because you don't think that will happen, or if you actually think that Madden 11 is good and therefor you're laughing at my statement.

LiveWire said:
I dunno Smokey. I've never seen Yao Ming look that good on a basketball court. So clearly there's still some fine-tuning that needs to be done.

That's because Yao is in the hands of a master. Respect!

And have we advanced yet? Fuck bye weeks mayne

Mrbob

Jordan 2k11 is really sweet. Me and Luke played a full game with 8 minute quarters last night with little to no lag so it looks like the new servers must be up and working. I normally recommend that friends don't let friends buy 2k sports games but I think I'll remove this restriction for 2k11.

The fact 2k Sports finally made a decent sports game gives me small hope Tiburon can turn things around for Madden 12.

BigAT

Round 2:
1. Colts - CB Tye Hill
2. Raiders - FB Owen Schmitt
3. Rams - FS Daniel Bullocks
4. Jets - DT Atiyyah Ellison
5. Broncos LOLB Cody Brown
6. Saints DT Tank Tyler
7. 49ers DB Fumble Lost
8. Eagles CB Dre Bly
9. Packers LT Levi Jones
10. Bucs DE Darren Howard
11. Cowboys pick was romo'd
12. Steelers Pick suspended on rape allegations
13. Browns DE Julius Williams
14. Bills ? Chad Reinart
15. Nightzes Myron Rolle (is he really in the game? lol)
16. Giants pick sacked
17. Lions after further review
18. Pats DE B. McCray
19. Panthers fumbled
20. Redskins DT Chris Baker
21. Cards FB Dan Kreider
22. Bengals FS Will Blackmon
23. Dolphins CB Whitherspoon
24. Chiefs Nope
25. Falcons WR Brandon Jones
26. Texans K Matt Stover
27. Seahawks Best WR Left
28. Vikings ON THE CLOCK
29. Ravens
30. Titans
31. Jags
32. Bears

What's the deal with Dolphins/Steelers, is that just getting simmed?

TheCrow

Hurry up and advance it FMT. I'm ready to end this 3 week stretch of tough opponents. After facing the Jets(4-1), the Raiders(5-1), and soon the 49ers(6-1) I'm happy to make it out with at least 1 win.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rorschach said:
Kave_Man: can you play tonight after this knucklehead plays his game?

Sorry just got home and about to head to bed.

The NHL season starts tomorrow night so I won't be available to play until after my beloved Maple Leafs finish their game so probably around 9:30-10pm eastern time. Otherwise I can't play again until Saturday morning or afternoon.

gg crow. that was a defensive battle. i gave up a KR TD on the opening kick and then held crow to a fg the rest of the game. i couldn't get anything going, not even gore. i got a strip/fumble on a punt down 7-0 and then tied it up, got a FG before half, and got a TD in the 3rd. the key play was i passed to davis who appeared to be covered and crows guy just ignored the ball on 3rd down :/

not sure if that was the play you were talking about or something else crow. could have definitely gone the other way.... but for my defense and some lucky breaks!

TheCrow

Yeah, that was the play. I still can't believe I lost. Now I have to suffer through a bye week before I get a chance to put that game behind me.

Sable, when can i metaphorically bend you over in Madden? I should be good most of the day today. And today may be the only time i can play until Sunday. Just let me know

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:
Sable, when can i metaphorically bend you over in Madden? I should be good most of the day today. And today may be the only time i can play until Sunday. Just let me know

Hahahaha, Lions beating the Redskins? Like that would ever happen.

We're going to beat the Packers and Colts and then lose to the Lions :(

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Hahahaha, Lions beating the Redskins? Like that would ever happen.

We're going to beat the Packers and Colts and then lose to the Lions :(

Chunky McRib is gonna get his career ended via Claymaker. 45-9, Packers over the Racists.

Top Bottom