• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

Smokey said:
Next week will be great.

Ordered Rage (PC), 2k12(360), and I've got my mouse on Dark Souls....but what platform bros?
I'm leaning heavily towards 360 right now. Unless something insane comes out in the next couple of days about that version of the game, that's what I'm going with.

PS3 is the lead platform, but everything so far has indicated that the 360 version is pretty much the same.

Smokey

I'm hoping this game is good and not straight up boring (see: Gears of War 3). I would like to think so based off of what I read in this thread and see around GAF, but I dunnooooo...didn't play Demon Soul's.

Ferny

Smokey said:
I'm hoping this game is good and not straight up boring (see: Gears of War 3). I would like to think so based off of what I read in this thread and see around GAF, but I dunnooooo...didn't play Demon Soul's.
You thought Gears 3 was boring?

Mrbob

Get Dark Souls on the PS3. From Software outsourced the 360 version. It might seem fine, but its guaranteed to have all the same problems the PS3 version has, if not more.

Also, it's gonna be a ghost town on 360 compared to PS3 because PS3 is where most of the players will be. Plus the 360 dpad is trash. So if you want to play an inferior version of the game that is slightly worse looking, controls worse, and has less people online playing get it on 360.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Give me your copy of Gears 3. :)

Mrbob said:
Get Dark Souls on the PS3. From Software outsourced the 360 version. It might seem fine, but its guaranteed to have all the same problems the PS3 version has, if not more.

Also, it's gonna be a ghost town on 360 compared to PS3 because PS3 is where most of the players will be. Plus the 360 dpad is trash. So if you want to play an inferior version of the game that is slightly worse looking, controls worse, and has less people online playing get it on 360.

This isnt a multiplayer game in the typical sense

Mrbob

Exactly, besides the other ghosts you can see across the world. More reason to get it on PS3 than 360 since the game will be slightly better on PS3. Xbox online advantage is non existent.

Mrbob said:
Exactly, besides the other ghosts you can see across the world. More reason to get it on PS3 than 360 since the game will be slightly better on PS3. Xbox online advantage is non existent.

I would rather have it on 360 but we will see!

Mrbob

Damn peer pressure, now I switched my order to 360. Amazon has the collector's edition available. If you guys all switch to PS3 I'll be pissed lol! Gotta use my 20 dollar credit!

I ordered the new 360 controller from amazon as well.

Smokey

Yes Gears is boring. At least SP is.

Yet to try MP, but TPS online......meh. Leaning 360 for DS. Dunno why though. Nobody here will play it beyond 1 week. 2 at the most.

Mrbob

Actually, I changed my mind again lol! The way Live is set up the servers are regional on 360. PS3 has a worldwide server for Dark Souls so I'll have more encounters with others. Good luck with those getting it on 360!

Still ordered the new controller though. I'll need it to help keep the brotherhood alive, if FMT ever wants to play Gear again. :p

GB has a quick look up:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

Can't wait. :D

Capture the Leader is where it's at. MP is leagues better than SP for sure, but I enjoyed SP overall. The final boss fight was so fucking stupid though.

Mrbob said:
I hear the analog sticks feel tighter, is it true? I've been debating picking one up for a long time!

Everything about the controller seems better, down to the triggers. I might be the wrong one to ask since I was using a 5 year old controller with the rubber worn down to the plastic on the sticks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Demons Soul is a lot of fun but I don't think I will finish by the 4th. I'm too hard headed and just rush into areas and get destroyed. All my souls go to repairing and upgrading my armor so I can try to survive. :|

BigAT

Wellington said:
Demons Soul is a lot of fun but I don't think I will finish by the 4th. I'm too hard headed and just rush into areas and get destroyed. All my souls go to repairing and upgrading my armor so I can try to survive. :|
It's a pretty long game, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't finish. Don't be afraid to farm souls for a bit to level up a bunch. The beginning of 4-1 and 4-2 are both good for that. Also you can warp in to 1-3, then run back to 1-2 and kill off all the blue knights there. There's no story connection between Demon's and Dark, so you don't need to beat one to play the other. It will give you a huge idea of what to expect though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
It's a pretty long game, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't finish. Don't be afraid to farm souls for a bit to level up a bunch. The beginning of 4-1 and 4-2 are both good for that. Also you can warp in to 1-3, then run back to 1-2 and kill off all the blue knights there. There's no story connection between Demon's and Dark, so you don't need to beat one to play the other. It will give you a huge idea of what to expect though.
What char type did you use? I switched from boring hunter to magician, been a lot more fun.

BigAT

Wellington said:
What char type did you use? I switched from boring hunter to magician, been a lot more fun.
I started out as a Knight I think and did the heavy armor/sword+shield for a while. Eventually I ditched the armor and went with leather and a 2-handed polearm. Having the huge increase in mobility was more useful than the damage reduction from the heavier armor.

Mrbob

Looking at stats, seeing the current players out on the field for my linebackers makes me want to cry:

NAME POS TACKLES SACKS FF INTS
J.T. Thomas LOLB 4 0 0 1

My back up who got hurt right after I made a manual INT with him

Nick Roach LOLB 3 1 0 0

Na'il Diggs LOLB 1 0 0 0

Also dead now. Gotta go online and see how long these guys are hurt. Sad thing is my banged up defense played well enough to win, but my offense stumbled. I need a new playbook.

Btw, do w know if we can alter controller configuration for Dark Souls? I was playing Demon's Souls again today to remember exactly how it plays, and there is a huge reliance on L1/R1. I don't think I can click on the bumpers all game long to do regular attacks.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Looking at stats, seeing the current players out on the field for my linebackers makes me want to cry:

J.T. Thomas LOLB 4 0 0 1

Nick Roach LOLB 3 1 0 0

Na'il Diggs LOLB 1 0 0 0

Also dead now. Gotta go online and see how long these guys are hurt. Sad thing is my banged up defense played well enough to win, but my offense stumbled. I need a new playbook.

Btw, do w know if we can alter controller configuration for Dark Souls? I was playing Demon's Souls again today to remember exactly how it plays, and there is a huge reliance on L1/R1. I don't think I can click on the bumpers all game long to do regular attacks.

Could've had Mario. Oh well

Mrbob

LOL I don't want Mario's 15 million dollar contract!

I tried making moves to get Olsen back but GCQ isn't trading him for anything! Going to transition into a double tight end offense this off season!

Good news: I should have everyone back in two weeks. Defense at full strength.

Bad news: I have to go up against All Day next week. :/

Smokey

Mrbob said:
LOL I don't want Mario's 15 million dollar contract!

I tried making moves to get Olsen back but GCQ isn't trading him for anything!

Good news: I should have everyone back in two weeks. Defense at full strength.

Bad news: I have to go up against All Day next week. :/

#Imjustsayintho

LiveWire said:
How's your tight end situation doing?

Going alright I guess. OD is pretty much my #2 receiver (as he is for the Texans in RL) so it's an adjustment. Dressen is filling in well enough for now.

ph33nix said:
nobody wants mario. stop trying to pawn him onto people

When I want to talk to a bottom feeder in my division, I'll ask for your opinion.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

J.T. Thomas LOLB 4 0 0 1

Nick Roach LOLB 3 1 0 0

Na'il Diggs LOLB 1 0 0 0

Hey dude, I have a LBs available for trade if you're in need. Anything for a chum.

I also have TEs available if anyone's looking. Good sales to be found at the Bengal's Discount Emporium.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
INCARCERATEDLUKE
Texans DESPERATE to get rid of Not-so-Super Mario Pats/Jags/Titans/Bengals/Bills/Seahawks phones RINGIN

INCARCERATEDLUKE
Texans offense struggling without a real TE, currently looking at COOLEY #bookit #desperatetimes

Less time trading and playing BF3, more time playing the game... It doesn't matter who you trade, Smokey. Our game is gonna end the same: with you putting up 50 on me and handing me a loss. It's just one game.

Ramirez

DCX said:
Devine played for West Virginia I believe. Very good rb. Didn't get drafted and didn't make a team. He is A pot and has 94 spd.

I bid for him until I realized I shouldn't be paying him more than my current back up and Jaquizz Rodgers who is another A pot guy.

Now Crow is going to run the league with Devine.

DCX

I told you guys that's all that matters!

Birdman02 said:
Just an FYI...Cobbs actually led the NCAA in rushing and scoring one year.

He also had like -6 rushing yards on the year when going up against one of the best rushing defenses of all time. ;)

Also, c'mon Jags!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Also, c'mon Jags!!
Gy0zu.jpg

Smokey said:
When I want to talk to a bottom feeder in my division, I'll ask for your opinion.

It's too bad that those are the only teams you can trade to because everybody else who kicks your ass isn't interested at all

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Less time trading and playing BF3, more time playing the game... It doesn't matter who you trade, Smokey. Our game is gonna end the same: with you putting up 50 on me and handing me a loss. It's just one game.

LOL

ph33nix said:
It's too bad that those are the only teams you can trade to because everybody else who kicks your ass isn't interested at all

Win a game before speaking. Thanks.

Top Bottom