• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would honestly rather they bring back the genesis madden/summeral commentary. i'm not even joking to be funny. i'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to do

Kat Bailey said she contacted the developers about the atrocious commentary and they told her the late player movement as a result of the lockout forced them to cut the additional commentary they were going to do.

Dee Smith ruins everything.

eznark said:
Kat Bailey said she contacted the developers about the atrocious commentary and they told her the late player movement as a result of the lockout forced them to cut the additional commentary they were going to do.

Dee Smith ruins everything.

That's part of the problem, the existing commentary sucks so how is additional commentary going to make it better.

eznark

Banned
storybook77 said:
That's part of the problem, the existing commentary sucks so how is additional commentary going to make it better.

Apparently there are a ton of players missing, they recycle everything and try to cut together other stuff to make it work? I don't know, just saying what I heard.

you guys are going to be PRAYING for ncaa's defense after playing this! when joe flacco can qb scramble cheese you i can only imagine what vick and the dream team can do :(

eznark said:
Apparently there are a ton of players missing, they recycle everything and try to cut together other stuff to make it work? I don't know, just saying what I heard.

It was a problem last year too. Like I said, they even got Julio Jones wrong and he was drafted back in April.

It's always next year with these guys.

eznark

Banned
storybook77 said:
It was a problem last year too. Like I said, they even got Julio Jones wrong and he was drafted back in April.

It's always next year with these guys.

Apparently they don't have Kyle Orton. That's absurd.

Rorschach

Uh.. pretty sure I've heard Kyle Orton since I play the Broncos all the time.

The commentary blows. I usually turn it off because Collinsworth annoys the piss out of me.

Rorschach said:
Yeah, but if defense is actually worse than NCAA, I want nothing to do with this game.

did you play the madden demo? if you didn't have a problem with the defense there it's not much different in the final game. my main issue is the qb running. ncaa handles this perfectly and it's difficult to abuse it unless you have a really fast qb

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
Uh.. pretty sure I've heard Kyle Orton since I play the Broncos all the time.

The commentary blows. I usually turn it off because Collinsworth annoys the piss out of me.

Really? I wonder if they were playing an older build or something, because that was one person they mentioned specifically?

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
did you play the madden demo? if you didn't have a problem with the defense there it's not much different in the final game. my main issue is the qb running. ncaa handles this perfectly and it's difficult to abuse it unless you have a really fast qb

I did get scrambled on by Rodgers in the demo for like a 25 yard TD....twas quite ridiculous.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hahahahahaha Come on, now...

I only played the demo a couple times, but I don't want to judge it based on the AI. Soboring!

[edit] Go try this in NCAA: have the ai play double qb spy. Now, roll out left, then turn back right and run upfield. The spys will have no fucking clue what to do and will just continue running to the sidelines.

McNei1y

daw840 said:
I did get scrambled on by Rodgers in the demo for like a 25 yard TD....twas quite ridiculous.

Happened to me two plays in a row (the first two plays of the game) when I was playing man defense. He literally gained 50+ yards in the first two plays. I was dumbfounded.

DMczaf

One of the new guys on Madden 13 posted on OS a few months back that they pretty much left commentary untouched because their audio team is working on new tech in M13 and it would be a waste of resources to fix something that will be completely discarded in the next game anyway.

DMczaf said:
One of the new guys on Madden 13 posted on OS a few months back that they pretty much left commentary untouched because their audio team is working on new tech in M13 and it would be a waste of resources to fix something that will be completely discarded in the next game anyway.

Believe it when I see it. Watch that be the only thing they fix for next year.

DMczaf said:
Alex Smith
13-29
176 yards
1 TD
5 INTs
7 Sacks

So easy to pass.

lulz it is a lot easier to pass here than in ncaa..... especially if you have a decent qb. did you seriously not see some of those balls come out of his hands? i mean if you saw it you would say his accuracy was in the 20's! but maybe after that first pick he lost confidence and that's what caused it.

i watched some of the replays on the runs and i think i figured out that one of the problems with the shitty run D is that if you try to change guys at all, it stops them immediately.... and the game defaults to the closest guy to the ball carrier. case in point, blount had a 5 yard-ish run, with rogers approaching to make the tackle, i was in the middle of switching so it switches me to rodgers, who is literally inches from blount.... basically touching him. but because it switched me to him, he goes lifeless for a moment, blount gets past, and then he is gone. i guess the lesson learned is don't switch guys?

LJ11 said:
Wish you guys didn't post any impressions.

Shit sounds like an abortion.

i am having fun with the game overall but i can't candy coat it, there are problems with the game like there are problems with every football game. maybe i'm overreacting because i've played a bunch of cheeseball randoms over the past few days. game with dm was a good game and enjoyable but you can definitely go back and find flaws with why things happened like they did

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
game with dm was a good game and enjoyable but you can definitely go back and find flaws with why things happened like they did

Yeah

Flaw #1: Don't pass 29 times with Alex Smith

Smokey

255 rushing yards with foster in my last online match against (of course) the eagles

running game might be too good

DMczaf said:
Yeah

Flaw #1: Don't pass 29 times with Alex Smith

never complained about alex smith being horrible! i've said from the start alex smith is horrible in this game. he is rated horribly and if you try to win the game with his arm you will likely lose.... just like in real life!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wait a second.... Overly powerful running games, zones that don't quite work well, secondary that more often than not let's the ball just whizz by, boring extraneous presentation features that just slow the game down...

NFL 2K5 lovers, your game has arrived!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, and kendall hunters 20 ypc average was dog shit too!

He ran the ball like 3 times, and one of those runs was that huge ass run!

You're just mad that Frank Gore looked like the old man that he is, while Blount was the new hotness.

And where was Willis all game?

DMczaf said:
He ran the ball like 3 times, and one of those runs was that huge ass run!

You're just mad that Frank Gore looked like the old man that he is, while Blount was the new hotness.

And where was Willis all game?

yeah, 3 runs for 60 yards, with one of the carries being for no gain. odds are there would've been a couple more big runs in there with 8-10 more carries.

the run D is good at times, but too often the blocking is 100% perfect. it's more like the defenders are looking to be blocked, rather than go after the RB

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Wait a second.... Overly powerful running games, zones that don't quite work well, secondary that more often than not let's the ball just whizz by, boring extraneous presentation features that just slow the game down...

Lol, we have now come full circle.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
So that's where Livewire was this weekend

Hey I gave you fair warning before stepping behind center. And lest we forget I came in relief after you had already thrown a pick or two yourself. :p

Wellington said:

Now if only I could mash a button while running.

maybe we are so conditioned to what will work and what won't in madden and the blocking adjustments they've made this year are going to take some time getting used to. i'm going to just try to control 1 guy on D and not change all over the place to see what happens

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe we are so conditioned to what will work and what won't in madden and the blocking adjustments they've made this year are going to take some time getting used to. i'm going to just try to control 1 guy on D and not change all over the place to see what happens
FMT, you are fucking crazy if you think we're not supposed to be able to change players mid-play to make tackles. How come it's seamless to be able to play manual D in any NBA game?

Not going to get my panties in a bunch as this is now the third year it's an issue. (Though I did cause a sweet hit stick fumble with Kenny Phillips after switching!)

Wellington said:
FMT, you are fucking crazy if you think we're not supposed to be able to change players mid-play to make tackles. How come it's seamless to be able to play manual D in any NBA game?

Not going to get my panties in a bunch as this is now the third year it's an issue. (Though I did cause a sweet hit stick fumble with Kenny Phillips after switching!)

lol i know

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
You'll get used to it, that's how I've been playing Ncaa.

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
Take this with a grain of salt, but an EA guy here at conference said OF is being redone for 2013.

God, the CPU drafting your fantasy football team in the Auction league was a DICKBAG

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lulz it is a lot easier to pass here than in ncaa..... especially if you have a decent qb. did you seriously not see some of those balls come out of his hands? i mean if you saw it you would say his accuracy was in the 20's! but maybe after that first pick he lost confidence and that's what caused it.

i watched some of the replays on the runs and i think i figured out that one of the problems with the shitty run D is that if you try to change guys at all, it stops them immediately.... and the game defaults to the closest guy to the ball carrier. case in point, blount had a 5 yard-ish run, with rogers approaching to make the tackle, i was in the middle of switching so it switches me to rodgers, who is literally inches from blount.... basically touching him. but because it switched me to him, he goes lifeless for a moment, blount gets past, and then he is gone. i guess the lesson learned is don't switch guys?
Dude, that's exactly what NCAA does and it always switches you to the most random guys instead of the guy think you're gonna get. Crow had ample opportunities to stop me on this one run where I was just going in a straight line, but every time he switched to a defender, it would completely stop his momentum, or worse: turn him around. It's part of why NCAA sucks so damn much.

DMczaf said:
Alex Smith
13-29
176 yards
1 TD
5 INTs
7 Sacks

So easy to pass.
Wow... Gonna be even worse with the Raiders!

Rorschach

Somnia said:
How bad? =/
I don't think it did so bad for you, but it screwed a lot of people. lol

[edit] *Looks at WRs*
nm it screwed you too. :p Picked up ben for like 2 bucks and a cheeseburger, though!

DMczaf said:
Kapernick won't save you, FMT. Looks like you have to go back to the old FMT tricks of stealing a 1st round QB.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/90944821

Sorry Smokey, I had to do some work before I go to sleep. Gotta get up early for the first time since May, school is back :\

lulz, WR throws down my CB and has the presence of mind to turn around and cut my lb immediately after. perhaps the greatest blocking job by a wr in nfl history!

McNei1y

CB3 said:

NhvoW.gif

Top Bottom