• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
In other news, looks like NBA 2K12 will finally have a real online franchise. It has achievements for Online Association.

Now we get to see NBA-GAF actually have to think about their shitty trades.

R.I.P. DCX
I never made shit trades in 2k. You're looking for ----------> Smokey

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
In other news, looks like NBA 2K12 will finally have a real online franchise. It has achievements for Online Association.

:0

2cxyjht.gif

2cxyjht.gif

2cxyjht.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just a heads up. My friend told me Sears has no block in their system for Madden as far as selling it early and they have their shipment in. So it might be worth checking out. Its tempting.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
have you played online? there is a bit of slowdown automatically built in to be honest

Yes, I've played 5 games online. There's slowdown built into the kick meter, but the game speed itself feels the same as offline.

DMczaf said:

R.I.P. DCX

wat

oh my god. are you bsing?

Smokey said:
Yes, I've played 5 games online. There's slowdown built into the kick meter, but the game speed itself feels the same as offline.

wat

oh my god. are you bsing?

well i'm open for reducing speed but the couple games i had played were slowed down a bit on ranked. we'll see!

McNei1y

DMczaf said:

R.I.P. DCX

No way?! This opens up a possibility that MLB will do this too since they always follow NBA's lead. If so, I will definitely need to find me a NBA 2k gaf lg.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it just me or are spider sense LBs back whereas the DBs seem more normal? I think Goff has had a pick in every game I've played but I haven't really set him up in a lot of zones, they more occur when you keep a back in to block that he's supposed to be on. I played the Texans and Demeco ranged a good 3 yards laterally to make a pick on a throw I was making to a slot receiver running a streak. Against the Broncos, whoever their MLB is batted down pass after pass.

If anyone wants to play tomorrow or Monday let me know. I think across three games I've allowed 3 total points. Need human competition. -_-

Smokey

Wellington said:
Is it just me or are spider sense LBs back whereas the DBs seem more normal? I think Goff has had a pick in every game I've played but I haven't really set him up in a lot of zones, they more occur when you keep a back in to block that he's supposed to be on. I played the Texans and Demeco ranged a good 3 yards laterally to make a pick on a throw I was making to a slot receiver running a streak. Against the Broncos, whoever their MLB is batted down pass after pass.

:p

But I agree the LBs have spidey sense now and I can hardly get the CB to make a play for a INT unless he's in perfect position.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
shit thanks for the day advance on the fantasy league rors. Is there anyway we can do 11 instead of 12?
Day advance? If you want to back out, now's the time while I can still get a replacement.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just played two games with a buddy, the running games are so effective we just stopped passing. He was the Colts I was the Giants so it's not like either team is known for not passing. I feel like if the DL is blocked up the LBs just aren't making any plays. In one game I had 8 carries 234 yards and 2 tds with Bradshaw and my friend had 11 carries 165 yards with Addai.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Just played two games with a buddy, the running games are so effective we just stopped passing. He was the Colts I was the Giants so it's not like either team is known for not passing. I feel like if the DL is blocked up the LBs just aren't making any plays. In one game I had 8 carries 234 yards and 2 tds with Bradshaw and my friend had 11 carries 165 yards with Addai.
Yikes, what difficulty was that on?

lulz god the defense sucks here compared to NCAA. in a way it reminds me a lot of NFL 2k: some plays your guys would do what you called for them to do, and other plays you say wtf?

running is pretty easy for me. just beat this guy who was using the packers and i had 275 yards rushing with gore.... dude was stacking the line too. on one hand this is ridiculous, on the other hand i did get a lot of yards because there was no one in the secondary to bring me down. he couldn't run much on me save for 1 long run. i went back and looked at all my big gore runs to see if i noticed any "non" tackles (as we see in ncaa) and i didn't see any. what i did notice is that when the guy would switch to the nearest defender, the defender stops. so even if he is right next to gore, and you switch to him, there is a moment delay where he won't attempt a tackle or anything until you "gain" control of him. kind of lame.

pass defense can be frustrating. sometimes my guys are right there to make a play and they just don't. this mostly happens with zone. its like SLIGHTLY outside of their "zone" so they aren't going to make the play! doesn't happen always but this is what i'm talking about with my 2k comparison. i suppose in a way it mimics real life... i mean you don't always get your guys don't exactly what they are supposed to be doing in real life either. assignments are blown, etc. just frustrating when i call a good defense that should get the stop but it's negated.

a major issue is the deep balls.... the guy using the pack was 10/24 for something like 220 yards. he just had a few bombs that i couldn't do anything about. a guy who quit on me before this was using the lions and all he'd do is bomb it to calvin johnson. he only connected on 1/8 bombs before he quit after i went up 17-0, but i would say 5/7 of the misses were VERY close to being caught and i just got lucky to knock the ball away. the offensive player (whether controlled by human or not) has superior jumping ability and there is no "jump" for the DB to counter it. hit stick and hope for the best!

the game is definitely enjoyable but i'm sick of playing these random dickholes. as of right now i'd have to give the nod to NCAA as the better game. i just feel like the defensive side is more polished (even considering the non tackles we see). offensive side is probably about a wash, maybe a slight advantage to madden. wellington is right about the running so far though.... haven't had any problems! i will say no one has really run on me yet, but i have run into a lot of 4 wide cheeseballs who run maybe 4 times a game. haven't played the dreamteam yet surprisingly...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
:jnc

Agreeing with FMT on the deep pass issue. I've completed more than 50% of my deep pass attempts and those that aren't completed are very very close. Even slow-sters like Nicks get big time separation from defenders. Guys that like to leave 1 on 1 coverage on the outside could be in trouble this year.

Sanjuro

Any of you shitbags want to play Madden? I'll just go get a generator and play off my 3G for a smooth as butter connection.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Any of you shitbags want to play Madden? I'll just go get a generator and play off my 3G for a smooth as butter connection.

Isn't the storm still hitting you? I hope you don't plan on using the generator indoors..

Sanjuro

Nah, no generator. Just got power back at this moment...probably temporary. Supposed to get strong wind and rain for a bit, but I hear the worst is over.

Sanjuro

BigAT said:
Stupid storm knocked out our power and now I have to surf the internet on my phone LIKE A FUCKING CAVEMEN.
Power has been dead again for a while This is barbaric. I now feel like playing a game without that space-age passing offense. Running the ball is the only real way to play football.

eznark

Banned
FYI, I will be in San Diego all next week on business. Not saying you need to hold the league up or anything, just gonna be gone. I'll also be in Idaho for a week in October elk hunting.

Passing in this game is absurdly hard while running is just the opposite....ugh.

I'm enjoying it better than last year's after some slider tweaks but NCAA is still the better overall game.

The commentary and the presentation (this includes audio) in Madden is god awful.

eznark said:
4th String podcast was just reaming the commentary. Sounds like it's brutal.

Oh it is. Not only does it sound robotic, but half the time what they're saying doesn't even match what's happening. Hell, they didn't even get Julio Jones name right.

the commentary is pretty horrible. one funny thing is most of the time after you score and go to the kickoff it will say "And Patrick Willis gets ready to send this ball away" or any random other player, but not your kicker!

one thing i do like about the presentation is that after a run or pass completion it will flash that players current stats.

Nightz

storybook77 said:
Oh it is. Not only does it sound robotic, but half the time what they're saying doesn't even match what's happening. Hell, they didn't even get Julio Jones name right.
I like how they call most of my guys by their numbers. And I also learned from the commentary that Antonio Gates is one of the best cornerbacks in the league.

mik

mik is unbeatable
It is wretched. It's really sparse, too. There are times where 30-45 seconds will pass with nothing said--it's like Cris and Gus are on the cusp of a bitter divorce and have nothing to say to one another. There are also plenty of lines delivered that are so different in audio quality that it's obvious they're from different recording sessions. And the times that it is there, and sounds decent, it's utter nonsense that doesn't reflect what just happened.

I thought NCAA's commentary felt inexcusably old and tired--but Madden makes it smell fresh as a daisy.

(and NBA 2K11 embarrasses the shit out of both of them)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the commentary is pretty horrible. one funny thing is most of the time after you score and go to the kickoff it will say "And Patrick Willis gets ready to send this ball away" or any random other player, but not your kicker!

one thing i do like about the presentation is that after a run or pass completion it will flash that players current stats.

I like some of the overlays too but it's so quiet during some of them that you'd think Gus and Cris were supposed to be saying something about them (i.e. the QB stats at the beginning of the game, the FINAL score, etc.)

i would honestly rather they bring back the genesis madden/summeral commentary. i'm not even joking to be funny. i'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to do

mik

mik is unbeatable
"Aaaand now we have a first down ... ... ... ... annnnd ten yards to go."

I never want to hear that again.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wouldn't say passing is absurdly hard. One thing is that I was playing against my friend and his pass rush was crazy because it's all speed rushers, but my overall better DL was getting stuffed.

Zones are pretty ineffective as well. He's the type that throws 4 ints per game and he's had no trouble against zone blitzes.

Wellington said:
I wouldn't say passing is absurdly hard. One thing is that I was playing against my friend and his pass rush was crazy because it's all speed rushers, but my overall better DL was getting stuffed.

Zones are pretty ineffective as well. He's the type that throws 4 ints per game and he's had no trouble against zone blitzes.

I'm more alluding to the spidey sense of the LB's and sometimes the safeties. They really need to develop a way to throw a pass in between a bullet and a lob too.

Top Bottom