• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

crabcakes is smiling because he robbed the niners and knew he would never had to play in a pre-season game for his entire career

p.s. game is almost finished downloading. i'm going to create a dummy franchise and link it to myleaguemanager to see how it all works out

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The amount of Talent at WR in that draft is staggering. Which makes the DHB pick even greater.

CB3 said:
The amount of Talent at WR in that draft is staggering. Which makes the DHB pick even greater.

but the first 2 taken are the worst. i think crabtree has a lot of talent but he's just fucking lazy. he has been a disappointment but has put up decent numbers his first 2 years (50+ catches each year with multiple TD's).

we'll see when he even gets on the field this year. probably already lost his starting job to braybray, maybe lost the #2 to morgan. i think he would be good as a slot receiver though.... did well at texas tech in the slot at times!

Rorschach

I'm actually glad we didn't get Crabbles. Getting a nobody who will be gone soon is better than getting a nobody who is also a diva.

The only bad part is Davis forcing him on the starting lineup. :( Raiders 4th round WR selections are usually better than DHB. :|

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
in an unrelated topic, rors i would like to pay you $100 to do some photoshop work on an image of a website front page to prove a point to someone
That I'm a sell out? FU!

[edit] Only if it's a banner of alexsmithfmt.gif

iVlC3C174dmmj.gif

Rorschach

Tuned in to see someone actually not score a single TD in half back challenge, then I closed the tab because it was embarrassing and voyeuristic.

Ferny

I also paid the $25 :-/ IBAD. Practicing a bit with the Jets and the running game has improved a bit for sure. The tackling is also way better.

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nightz didn't you say registration was up at myleaguemanager.com? i still don't see it :/
I don't think you'll be able to link to the OF yet. The Madden 12 OF site isn't up yet, so you won't be able to get the league ID (unless you can see it from the console...which I doubt).

played 2 games. pretty good so far. i like the widescreen view!

not sure if there is some type of in-game hot streak/cold streak because in my first game against the steelers, i tore it up with alex. then against the packers i was moving the ball, threw a pick, and after that i went like 2/11 the rest of the half.

you definitely have to use touch passes to get some stuff over the LB's heads. one positive different from NCAA is that wr's do hang onto some hard hits. in ncaa, if you get hit when its caught the odds are he drops it.

p.s. gore is an absolute beast in this game.... as is vernon davis and patrick willis! colin kaepernick is ehhhh.... his accuracy is terrible and his speed isn't worth the crappier THA.

other random things:

- haven't noticed any "non" tackles like we see in ncaa. not that they aren't there, i just didn't see any in 2 games. you can go 2 games without seeing them in ncaa too though :D

- completed a deep out over the db's head who was sitting in a zone. can't remember the last time i did that in a madden game but i also can't remember the last time i tried. good touch by kaepernick on that play

- steelers ran the ball on me like 2 times. not that it matters cause most of our play will be against human opponents, just weird

- erron rodgers is a pain in the fucking ass

- i love that there is a bullrush move in this game. destroyed the packers line a few times with justin smith (put their LT on his ass) and with aldon smith too

- running feels pretty good. nice little subtle cutback moves and the blocking is good.

- like smokey said, jump balls are scary. i only had one completed against me with the steelers, but i had to guys on wallace and he still got it.

- pass D is about on par with NCAA. need more time with this though because at first i was lighting it up with alex and then the packers dominated me

mik

mik is unbeatable
FrenchMovieTheme said:
- steelers ran the ball on me like 2 times. not that it matters cause most of our play will be against human opponents, just weird
The CPU doesn't run the ball nearly enough. The CPU Vikings act like Peterson has syphilis.

Rorschach

mik said:
DPP!

You have to pause the game to see it though. :\
Don't they sometimes come up when the announcers bring up certain players? I guess that wouldn't be noticed by most of us who just mash A.

eznark

Banned
daw840 said:
I fucking refuse to waste that money. Ridiculous. You sheep.

I refuse to tell you how to spend your money, you judgmental poor.

The CPU doesn't run the ball nearly enough. The CPU Vikings act like Peterson has syphilis.
Maybe they are just sick of his turnovers?

Smokey

I just ran into a Terell Pryor custom playbook on offense and defense Raider cheesehead

smh

Birdman was witness

anyone around to play? i'll be on playing franchise if so. loving the niners playbook.... lots of nice double TE sets with lots of auto motions. if only i could find a QB though..... going to be some long seasons with alex OR kap at qb :/

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone around to play? i'll be on playing franchise if so. loving the niners playbook.... lots of nice double TE sets with lots of auto motions. if only i could find a QB though..... going to be some long seasons with alex OR kap at qb :/
At least you have an OL, TE, and WRs... :<

Rorschach said:
At least you have an OL, TE, and WRs... :<

:(

on the plus side for you, videogame DHB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> real life dhb. not that he is very good in the videogame but speed kills in madden! that's why there will always be a spot for teddy ginn and his family on my roster!

p.s. i tried the "run to the middle then run outside" on a KR and it didn't work in the 7 or 8 kickoffs i returned. i noticed a weird animation where it's kind of like the kick coverage team sets an edge where they are bending at the knees and then they just pop out to the side if you try to bounce it out. i did have one decent return past the 35 with ginn but it was straight up the middle

played my first game online against the cowpies. a little laggy but playable.

defense definitely isn't as strong as it is in ncaa, especially pass defense. romo had a pedestrian rating against me but only because i confused the guy a couple times with zone blitzes getting an int and causing some incompletions. if you play straight man, your CB's basically get abused everytime. of course this is the niners db's who are rated low 80's, so maybe the better teams like the jets/eagles have better luck at CB.

pass rush is weaker than in ncaa. when you engage the blocker (as the DE/DT) sometimes there is kind of a bounce effect that really slows you down. maybe this is more realistic, but it is tough to get to the qb. running with the qb is much easier than in ncaa as well.

oh, and in the kicking game i made two 54 yarders with akers with room to spare. they seem to slow the meter down for online games so its not as hard to make the fg's

mik

mik is unbeatable
Just tried to play some friends and the early release download version can't play with the retail disc version. Nice.

Nightz

mik said:
Just tried to play some friends and the early release download version can't play with the retail disc version. Nice.
Yeah I saw them confirm that on their Twitter account. Way to go EA. At least me and you can play!

handshake.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
shit thanks for the day advance on the fantasy league rors. Is there anyway we can do 11 instead of 12?

DMczaf

In other news, looks like NBA 2K12 will finally have a real online franchise. It has achievements for Online Association.

Now we get to see NBA-GAF actually have to think about their shitty trades.

R.I.P. DCX

Top Bottom