• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
GG Bluemax.

AJ Green out 4 weeks from a normal damned tackle. FUCK! My WR corps lost it's only 80 rated player lol (He plays way above that 80 rating tho).

Carlos Dunlap is a fucking MAN though. Should have locked up DPOW with that game, wow.

Sorry for the terse reply, I was halfway between sober and not sober at that point and getting kind of angry.

Not to discredit Dunlap, but Max Unger is pretty terrible at center. I played Somnia for practice before the season started and he abused Unger the same way. If you have a decent NT and you can manually control even a little, Unger folds like a bitch. I probably only lost like 12 yards cumulative on those 4 sacks because they all happened before I had a chance to even drop back.

First pick was a T-Jack special, WR was open but he threw the ball nowhere near him.

Second pick I never should have thrown the ball. I knew as soon as it was snapped that I was fucked on that play.

Third pick I don't even remember what happened.

It appears that I was doing good running the ball! And shutting down your run, although man that was a decidedly un Wellie like offensive gameplan.

I knew the ball was going to AJ Green every time he caught it, but I didn't know what to do to stop it. Can you highlight guys like in past years? Is there anything short of manually controlling a safety that I can do to stop something like this?

GG.

Wellington said:
No but I want some of that home cooking you guys gave the home plate ump in game 3.

Looks like we advance tonight then. Pheeniks what is your availability like! Carlos Dunlap is getting hungry!

I'm pretty sure its against the law for Yankees fans to ever complain about beneficial umpiring for another team.

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Luke, schedule is looking like........?

DCX

This week is a shitty week schedule-wise.
I have a bunch of stuff going on after work all week (birthday shit, sports leagues).

Ideally, we would've advanced you know, by the time I got home from work tonight, because tonight is going to be the best night for me till probably Friday or Saturday a.m.

An also available option is I could play during the day on a lunch break (12 pacific)

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
This week is a shitty week schedule-wise.
I have a bunch of stuff going on after work all week (birthday shit, sports leagues).

Ideally, we would've advanced you know, by the time I got home from work tonight, because tonight is going to be the best night for me till probably Friday or Saturday a.m.

An also available option is I could play during the day on a lunch break (12 pacific)
I work 8-4 pm est not home till 5. Monday through Friday now. Looks like we will advance tonight..so if tonight is the best day we will roll tonight as soon as it advances.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Sorry for the terse reply, I was halfway between sober and not sober at that point and getting kind of angry.

First pick was a T-Jack special, WR was open but he threw the ball nowhere near him.

Second pick I never should have thrown the ball. I knew as soon as it was snapped that I was fucked on that play.

Third pick I don't even remember what happened.

It appears that I was doing good running the ball! And shutting down your run, although man that was a decidedly un Wellie like offensive gameplan.

I knew the ball was going to AJ Green every time he caught it, but I didn't know what to do to stop it. Can you highlight guys like in past years? Is there anything short of manually controlling a safety that I can do to stop something like this?

GG.

I'm pretty sure its against the law for Yankees fans to ever complain about beneficial umpiring for another team.
No need to apologize home-bro. That was a pretty tame response actually.

I agree on first and last picks, the first was an awful ball from TJack. It was like 15 yards away from the receiver and right to a defender not even near him in a zone. The last one was also to Clements, but he was behind your receiver and somehow got it. Madden gonna Madden.

I couldn't run at all, and I felt you committed to stopping the run pretty well. My gameplan was the same as always going in (ball control, run) but I didn't have any success so I had to change up a little bit. I will be in trouble going forward without AJ Green.

GG. Had a bunch of bad breaks on your end.

Also, you too gfy. The Yankees never get good breaks! Jeffrey Mayer did not interfere!

LukeSmith

Someone sext me when the advance is coming, I'm going to be at some thing that I will bail out of when I need to get home for my game

bluemax

Banned
Somnia said:
Blue I'm game anytime tonight after the advance or anytime tomorrow. Let me know, you know where to find me!
Yeah I got nothing really going on tonight so we can play after I get home. Probably in 2 hours or so.

Nightz

GG daw. You played a heck of a game in the second half to make it interesting. I kind of got scared of just running the ball and giving it back to you, which is why I threw it a couple of times, so I hope you didn't think I was trying to rub salt in the wounds. You have a potent offense, just need to cut down on the turnovers.

On another note, Bob Sanders and Ryan Mathews are having a nice little competition. Whenever one gets injured, the other gets hurt soon after. Thankfully neither is out for a long period of time (yet).

daw840

Nightz said:
GG daw. You played a heck of a game in the second half to make it interesting. I kind of got scared of just running the ball and giving it back to you, which is why I threw it a couple of times, so I hope you didn't think I was trying to rub salt in the wounds. You have a potent offense, just need to cut down on the turnovers.

On another note, Bob Sanders and Ryan Mathews are having a nice little competition. Whenever one gets injured, the other gets hurt soon after. Thankfully neither is out for a long period of time (yet).

Yeah....INTs have been the bane of my existence this whole season. My poor choices generally. I need to remember that taking a sack or scrambling is always an option.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
By the way bob is lagging our game on purpose. Just incase you guys wonder why we end up as the last game

bluemax

Banned
I never thought I'd say this but I miss Hasslebeck. Yeah he couldn't go deep for shit but at least he was accurate and the ball would go where I expected it. I think T-Jack throws at least 3 passes a game that go nowhere near where I intended.

Its also frustrating seeing how much separation other peoples WRs get compared to mine. Its bad enough dealing with an inaccurate QB, but my WR are almost never as wide open as other peoples. Am I just that awful at calling plays on defense?

Somnia said:
GG Blue, you were right about your oline =(

I'll take full credit for the 2 picks I threw, but that 3rd one, WHAT?!?! Dez was wide open, I throw it and he starts running the opposite direction :jnc

Every fucking play, snap, take a step back, see Unger on his back. Sigh.

Somnia

bluemax said:
I never thought I'd say this but I miss Hasslebeck. Yeah he couldn't go deep for shit but at least he was accurate and the ball would go where I expected it. I think T-Jack throws at least 3 passes a game that go nowhere near where I intended.

Its also frustrating seeing how much separation other peoples WRs get compared to mine. Its bad enough dealing with an inaccurate QB, but my WR are almost never as wide open as other peoples. Am I just that awful at calling plays on defense?

Every fucking play, snap, take a step back, see Unger on his back. Sigh.

The biggest problem is your oline, you have no time to let your play develop because you have a defensive player in your face within 2 seconds.

LiveWire said:
gg FMT Kapernick chasing down D-Hall was :jnc

gg. lol yeah that was pretty crazy, but kapernick is pretty fast in real life too!

3 user picks with bowman.... lol you can't make those types of throws! even peypey couldn't complete those in that tight of a window. once you stopped running i just started calling exclusively pass defense plays.

your D is actually pretty good but you can't spot someone 5 or 6 turnovers. you have to be more careful with the ball bruh!

bluemax

Banned
Somnia said:
The biggest problem is your oline, you have no time to let your play develop because you have a defensive player in your face within 2 seconds.

Yeah, just gotta hope they improve in the off season. 2 Rookies, 1 second year guy and 1 third year guy all with B POT or better.

Rorschach

B pot doesn't mean jack. Take it from someone who was depending on a ton of B pot players last year.

Crow: I'm available after 4 pacific.

Striker

Rorschach said:
B pot doesn't mean jack. Take it from someone who was depending on a ton of B pot players last year.
Does it depend on the player's performance, too, and play time? I remember Brady Quinn was an A in Madden 10 but seemed to hardly progress. I also had like 14-16 TD's per season with him, so I didn't help matters. lol

I have a few players who have A pot like Jordan Cameron (TE) and Jerrell Powe (DT) so right there I'm just hoping they can at least budge up a little so I get some quality depth.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Does it depend on the player's performance, too, and play time? I remember Brady Quinn was an A in Madden 10 but seemed to hardly progress. I also had like 14-16 TD's per season with him, so I didn't help matters. lol
Don't think so. I always thought it was starts, but there was this one CB I never used that was C pot. He became a beast after progression. Didn't play a single snap all year. I think user control has something to do with it as the guys I use manually usually end up better on D. I'm not sure, though. And it's not pre-determined because the simmed leagues, our league, and the leagues other GAFers were in didn't sync up.

LukeSmith

LiveWire told me at the beginning of the season based on our preseason games "I will out pass you with John Jesus Beck Guaranteed."

I bet him $100 on it, he backed himself down to $20.

So at the midpoint I want to examine Peyton vs. John Jesus Beck

John Beck QB Redskins 56/118 47.5 1007 5 TDs 15 INT
Manning QB Colts 209/279 74.9 2947 22 TDs 9 INT

So now, the question really is, in the last half of LiveWire's schedule, will he be able to equal Peyton's totals for the first half of the year.

I would never make a bet like this, as clearly Manning makes the throws himself and I just press A to snap the ball and he scores points, but I wanted to illuminate the zealotry from LiveWire.

And he'll whine that he had a "game simmed" so that fucks up his stats, which is fine, I'll take his best three games of the year and average them and add them to John Beck's 15 game total, that seems fair to me.

storybook77 said:
Old post. Quoting for no reason

Storybook, we're set to go.. Cardinals vs. Rams. I'm free anytime today after 5:00pm EST. I'm busy tomorrow night, but free on Thursday and Friday as well. I'm at work from 8:30 to 4:30pm weekdays, but if no times at night work, I might be able to swing home and get in a quick game as well.

The Albatross said:
Storybook, we're set to go.. Cardinals vs. Rams. I'm free anytime today after 5:00pm EST. I'm busy tomorrow night, but free on Thursday and Friday as well. I'm at work from 8:30 to 4:30pm weekdays, but if no times at night work, I might be able to swing home and get in a quick game as well.

Thursday night would be the best for me. I'm usually available after 10 EST on most nights. I have to play my NCAA game if time allows tonight though plus I'm picking up Forza 4 and I still have finish Gears 3.....I'm drowning in games!!!!!

Batman next week :(

storybook77 said:
Thursday night would be the best for me. I'm usually available after 10 EST on most nights. I have to play my NCAA game if time allows tonight though plus I'm picking up Forza 4 and I still have finish Gears 3.....I'm drowning in games!!!!!

Sounds good, I'm free Thursday night... anytime after 5. And, I'm an old fogie so I usually go to bed, or get ready to go to bed, at like 11pm ESt. I can stretch it later, but I'm usually out by then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:

I don't get you guys doing that to yourselves. You're wasting a ton of money buying games then not playing them. I guess I understand with Forza and Gears because they are online communities that could have a short shelf life or a learning curve that's tough to grasp if you don't play online from day 1.

Actually thinking of waiting to see if Batman PC comes up during the Christmas steam sale. Save me a few bucks.

BigAT

Wellington said:
I don't get you guys doing that to yourselves. You're wasting a ton of money buying games then not playing them. I guess I understand with Forza and Gears because they are online communities that could have a short shelf life or a learning curve that's tough to grasp if you don't play online from day 1.

Actually thinking of waiting to see if Batman PC comes up during the Christmas steam sale. Save me a few bucks.
You can already get Arkham City PC codes for like $25-30 off Ebay. I don't know how much lower it could really go during a Steam Sale when it's only like a month or two out of release.

Yeah... there are so many games this fall that I want to get into. Like, the standard fair of online games that I don;t love but still enjoy, like the Battlefield's and CoDs, but then there's also a huge array of large SP games that I just have to put off. Although sometimes I just forget for too long, like, I haven't played Batman:AA and Batman:AC comes out this fall... I've wanted to play it for like 2 years but there has been something in front of it almost every time.

I didn't think i'd play this year's Madden as much as I have. NCAA lost its luster for me this year and so Madden has taken its place. Still frustrated with some components, mostly just the weather in offline franchise mode (Patriots franchise, year 1, I have home field through the playoffs, and its rained in 10/10 of my home games, with 1 home game merely having light drizzle, all the rest being absolute downpours) and the announcing. Weather should be patched soon, but the goddam announcing is so bad. I oughta turn it off but I do like the RARE instances of like, "Tom Brady just passed for 3,000 yards" and stuff.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
You can already get Arkham City PC codes for like $25-30 off Ebay. I don't know how much lower it could really go during a Steam Sale when it's only like a month or two out of release.
Fuck dude you are like a deal monster. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Top Bottom