• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington said:
I don't get you guys doing that to yourselves. You're wasting a ton of money buying games then not playing them. I guess I understand with Forza and Gears because they are online communities that could have a short shelf life or a learning curve that's tough to grasp if you don't play online from day 1.

Actually thinking of waiting to see if Batman PC comes up during the Christmas steam sale. Save me a few bucks.

To be fair, my son plays them too. Also, rumor is, that Toys R Us will be doing their annual B2G1 next week. *fingers crossed*

Nightz

BigAT said:
You can already get Arkham City PC codes for like $25-30 off Ebay. I don't know how much lower it could really go during a Steam Sale when it's only like a month or two out of release.
When does the PC version come out? That's a good deal, but I want to play the game like, now lol.

storybook77 said:
To be fair, my son plays them too. Also, rumor is, that Toys R Us will be doing their annual B2G1 next week. *fingers crossed*
There a source for that rumor? Would be awesome if true.

Nightz said:
When does the PC version come out? That's a good deal, but I want to play the game like, now lol.

There a source for that rumor? Would be awesome if true.

No official source...so that's why I said rumor. It's normally around this time though.

Some guys were posting that they heard it was going to be next week though. It's unconfirmed but we'll see soon enough. I wouldn't be heartbroken if they waited another week though so I could get BF3 and Batman in the deal.

BigAT

Nightz said:
I think I saw somewhere November 8, I'm not positive. If I didn't have Dark Souls to hold me over, and the game already purchased for PC, I definitely would have caved in and got a console version. Even so, it's going to be a rough few weeks to wait, Arkham Asylum is one of my favorite games ever.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
B pot doesn't mean jack. Take it from someone who was depending on a ton of B pot players last year.

Crow: I'm available after 4 pacific.

I simmed a season in offline franchise and my B Pot players saw improvements, shrug.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Online Vs. Offline and Simmed Vs. Played have very different results

Meh, I just assumed that Tiburon was lazy and used the same model.

I'm just trying to find reasons to have hope for season 2 :(

Rorschach

Change of sched.. Might not be available 'til 6. Might be able to get in sooner, but after six is a sure bet. If not, I have a pretty open schedule tomorrow.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Meh, I just assumed that Tiburon was lazy and used the same model.

I'm just trying to find reasons to have hope for season 2 :(

Whatever super rookie you get to draft with a top 5 pick will be the light in your Seahawks' darkness! Cheer up!

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Whatever super rookie you get to draft with a top 5 pick will be the light in your Seahawks' darkness! Cheer up!

I'm not sure I'll be in the top 5:

1. Titans 0-6
2. Browns 1-6
2. Chiefs 1-6
4. Ravens 1-5
5. Redskins 2-6
5. Cowboys 2-6
5. Seahawks 2-6
8. Rams 2-5
8. Packers 2-5
8. Jets 2-5
8. Dolphins 2-5
12. Lions 3-5
12. Jaguars 3-5

I'm feeling at least 2-3 more wins in my schedule, so I dunno.

LukeSmith

Midseason "Toughest Division" Review

1. AFC West - Rors invincible, Crow elite, Nightz challenging for a Wild Card spot. Book it.
2. AFC South - Smokey 14-2, me 11-5 (getting that last Wildcard slot and Marino's yardage record)
3. NFC South - Tightest division race top to bottom. Will they cannibalize each other out of a Wild Card spot?
4. AFC North - Wellie, new team, new attitude. Ramirez in the Wildcard hunt, but has arguably the toughest remaining schedule of the Wildcard team (the 18th pick is till good, bro!)
5. NFC East - BigAT unbeaten. CB on the up. Somnia struggling. Once expected to be the best division in the league, the start is auspicious.
6. NFC West - The FMT show, with special guest The Albatross.
7. NFC North - McNei1y runs this town?
8. AFC East - Who? Someone gotta go to the playoffs from this group?

DCX

DCX
- 6/10 leaders in receptions are TEs
- Top 3 are TEs
- 2of top 3 from the same team
- Tony Gonzalez is not in the top 20 and neither are any of Bobs TEs

bizzaro NFL

DCX

Mrbob

Look at the TE cheese going around this year, and I'm not even a part of it. I had the key to success on offense for Madden for years, and now I see the copy cat league finally catches on.

I don't know if I'll ever forgive Martz for trading away my Olsen cheese. Blocking TEs SUCK. Especially when they can't block.

Mrbob said:
Look at the TE cheese going around this year, and I'm not even a part of it. I had the key to success on offense for Madden for years, and now I see the copy cat league finally catches on.

I don't know if I'll ever forgive Martz for trading away my Olsen cheese. Blocking TEs SUCK. Especially when they can't block.

Vd + walker= i run tons of 2 te sets

bluemax

Banned
levious said:
ahem, 1-5-1 thank you!

My apologies:

1. Titans 0-6
2. Browns 1-6
2. Chiefs 1-6
4. Ravens 1-5-1
5. Redskins 2-6
5. Cowboys 2-6
5. Seahawks 2-6
8. Rams 2-5
8. Packers 2-5
8. Jets 2-5
8. Dolphins 2-5
12. Lions 3-5
12. Jaguars 3-5

Mrbob said:
I'll trade you my two TEs Kellen Davis and Matt Spaith straight up. Their stats together might be as good as VD!

You should've offered me a trade for John Carlson!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Ferny said:
LuLz I see what you did there....

When do you wanna play mik?
I can play late tonight (like after 11:30 eastern) or after 8:00 eastern Thursday and Friday. Any time on the weekends, more or less.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
My apologies:

1. Titans 0-6
2. Browns 1-6
2. Chiefs 1-6
4. Ravens 1-5-1
5. Redskins 2-6
5. Cowboys 2-6
5. Seahawks 2-6
8. Rams 2-5
8. Packers 2-5
8. Jets 2-5
8. Dolphins 2-5
12. Lions 3-5
12. Jaguars 3-5

You should've offered me a trade for John Carlson!

He should have accepted my trade for Gonzo.
BTW i think Pheenix is the other one that was the tie, not sure.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:

I'm honestly not sure this is new. I remember a few years ago when I was the Chargers and the top players in Receiving yards were Gates, Zach Miller, VD and Dallas Clark (not in that order). This league has always been dominated by slot WR and TE cheese. I think its only in the last few years where people started throwing to outside WRs more.

Mrbob

Haha. Could have had Carlson futures!

I've decided after gifting the Eagles a victory today, I'm not losing another game the rest of the year.

8-0 finish with the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers yet to play on my schedule! Put all your money down in Vegas on me!

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
I'm honestly not sure this is new. I remember a few years ago when I was the Chargers and the top players in Receiving yards were Gates, Zach Miller, VD and Dallas Clark (not in that order). This league has always been dominated by slot WR and TE cheese. I think its only in the last few years where people started throwing to outside WRs more.
I didn't use Gonzo enough i don't think. I always found ways to give Roddy White the ball. He ended up the second best WR in the Madden 10 franchise behind Fitz, even though he may have had more receptions.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
DCX said:
He should have accepted my trade for Gonzo.
BTW i think Pheenix is the other one that was the tie, not sure.

DCX

1. Titans 0-6-1
2. Browns 1-6
2. Chiefs 1-6
4. Ravens 1-5-1
5. Redskins 2-6
5. Cowboys 2-6
5. Seahawks 2-6
8. Rams 2-5
8. Packers 2-5
8. Jets 2-5
8. Dolphins 2-5
12. Lions 3-5
12. Jaguars 3-5

The website doesn't list pheeknicks as having a tie, however there are 5 teams with ties, so uh someone should have one.

Striker

DCX said:
- Top 3 are TEs

bizzaro NFL

DCX
Ben Watson is more consistent at getting open than either Massaquoi and Nelson, though I try to get all involved. Also like my second TE, Evan Moore.

Doesn't help my RT gives up easy pressure and McCoy's noodle arm. I have to work around a lot of junk. :(

As for schedule: I have Steeler twice, Raven twice, plus Wellington again. Top five pick!

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Ben Watson is more consistent at getting open than either Massaquoi and Nelson, though I try to get all involved. Also like my second TE, Evan Moore.

Doesn't help my RT gives up easy pressure and McCoy's noodle arm. I have to work around a lot of junk. :(
two numbers ones friend!!

:'(

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
As for schedule: I have Steeler twice, Raven twice, plus Wellington again. Top five pick!

My next 5 games will determine if I'm picking top 5 or not:

Ravens
@Rams
Redskins
Dream Team
Rams

I won't even pretend that I'm gonna compete with the Dream Team.

LukeSmith

DCX said:
- Top 3 are TEs

bizzaro NFL

DCX

4 of the top 14 receivers are from the same team.

Somnia

LukeSmith said:
Midseason "Toughest Division" Review

1. AFC West - Rors invincible, Crow elite, Nightz challenging for a Wild Card spot. Book it.
2. AFC South - Smokey 14-2, me 11-5 (getting that last Wildcard slot and Marino's yardage record)
3. NFC South - Tightest division race top to bottom. Will they cannibalize each other out of a Wild Card spot?
4. AFC North - Wellie, new team, new attitude. Ramirez in the Wildcard hunt, but has arguably the toughest remaining schedule of the Wildcard team (the 18th pick is till good, bro!)
5. NFC East - BigAT unbeaten. CB on the up. Somnia struggling. Once expected to be the best division in the league, the start is auspicious.
6. NFC West - The FMT show, with special guest The Albatross.
7. NFC North - McNei1y runs this town?
8. AFC East - Who? Someone gotta go to the playoffs from this group?

That's an understatement

McNei1y

Mrbob said:

Shiancoe sure is a power player. The way he is in this game he deserves to be thrown to more.

bluemax

Banned
Here I'll shit out some power rankings:

1. Raiders - Has allowed 600 some odd yards less than the 49ers (albeit has played 1 less game). No one is stingier in the Red Zone.

2. 49ers - Possibly the best team in the league on third down on both sides of the ball. Gives up a fair number of yards in the air.

3. Giants - Not as good as the above two in the Redzone, but considering they're the third best in preventing third down conversions you're gonna have to earn your way down the field.

4. Bengals - Best team in the league against the rush right now (at least in terms of total yards, too lazy to do per game).

5. Texans - One the one hand if you get in the Red Zone on them you're coming away with points. Good luck getting there though as only the Raiders have allowed fewer Red Zone possesions.

6. Colts - One of only 3 teams in the league with over 3000 yards of offense. Made even more impressive by the fact that they're second to last in rushing yards!

7. Bucs - DM Ball is still strong. 4th lowest total yards on offense and a 5-2 record. Grind it out young man!

8. Broncos - Apparently the Broncos didn't get the memo about the NFL being a passing league now. Even DM thinks their passing game is stale!

9. Eagles - Second in the NFL in Red Zone TDs scored. You should probably save yourself time when they're inside your 20 and just let them walk it in.

10. Chargers - Second in third downs converted, first in third downs prevented. And yet they're only 4-3!

11. Steelers - The raw numbers look pretty good, and they have a top 3 offense yardage wise. Maybe they turn it over a lot?

12. Vikings - 100% in Red Zone scoring but only 50% TDs. Just give it to AP!

13. Cardinals - The Albatross might be holding a WC spot right now if he hadn't lost to the Seachickens!

14. Falcons - Trade/cut half your roster, struggle to beat inferior opponents, reach mid season at .500, all in a days work.

15. Saints - Surprisingly strong in the Red Zone defensively. They need to not be so generous on third downs though!

16. Bills - The Madden Bills decline seems directly related to the rise of the real life Bills.

17. Pats - Lots of yards, not enough points. Bill Belicheck is displeased with all this balance on offense.

18. Panthers - How does a team with Scam Newton, DeAngelo Williams and J-Stew only score on 70% of their trips to the red zone? Run some triple option son!

19. Bears - The scary thing is Bob might actually be pretty good if he did have a pass catching tight end!

20. Lions - They put up a lot of yards and give up a lot of yards. Pretty much the antithesis of DM Ball.

21. Jaguars - My last memory of the Jaguars is Konex rolling out to his right and completing a deep bomb to Marcedes Lewis just as Shawne Merriman kills Garrard.

22. Rams - They still have two games against the Seahawks to turn things around!

23. Packers - You'd think you could just press A to snap the ball on every play and finish at least .500 with this team.

24. Jets - Madden LT just isn't what he once was.

25. Dolphins - I only just now realized that Pheeknicks isn't the Dolphins, boy do I feel silly!

26. Ravens - Ray Lewis is getting too old for this shit.

27. Cowboys - Romo is killing them in the Red Zone. And that run game makes Emmitt Smith a sad panda.

28. Redskins - Second worst team in the Red Zone, and one of the worst teams on third down. I'm not afraid of waking the Dragon.

29. Seahawks - Marshawn Lynch is getting nearly 5 YPC. Too bad T-Jack and Max Unger are bad and should feel bad.

30. Chiefs - At least virtual Jamaal Charles still has his ACL!

31. Browns - Like their miserable brethren the Seahawks and Redskins they just have no hope when third downs roll around.

32. Titans - At least Pheeknicks has the NBA too look forward too. Oh.

Mrbob

9. Eagles - Second in the NFL in Red Zone TDs scored. You should probably save yourself time when they're inside your 20 and just let them walk it in.

Small victories in my game against CB then! Two times he had first and goal inside the ten, and one drive I held to a FG. The other drive I made a manual INT with Lach in the end zone.

I was inches away from winning that game in OT too. Fucking Roy Williams doesn't stay in bounds on a sideline catch on 3rd down. Cutting his ass in the off season. If he does I'm in FG range and the game is over.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
small victories are for losers. If you take anything out of our games its that you injured Jax for 3 weeks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
- Top 3 are TEs

bizzaro NFL

DCX
Where are you seeing these numbers? I want Sable Stats back. :(

Jermaine Gresham is actually the best receiver on my team but I spread the ball around! Whoever gets open gets the ball!

Bluemax: Nice work on those power rankings my friend!

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Here I'll shit out some power rankings:

1. Raiders - Has allowed 600 some odd yards less than the 49ers (albeit has played 1 less game). No one is stingier in the Red Zone.

2. 49ers - Possibly the best team in the league on third down on both sides of the ball. Gives up a fair number of yards in the air.

3. Giants - Not as good as the above two in the Redzone, but considering they're the third best in preventing third down conversions you're gonna have to earn your way down the field.

4. Bengals - Best team in the league against the rush right now (at least in terms of total yards, too lazy to do per game).

5. Texans - One the one hand if you get in the Red Zone on them you're coming away with points. Good luck getting there though as only the Raiders have allowed fewer Red Zone possesions.

6. Colts - One of only 3 teams in the league with over 3000 yards of offense. Made even more impressive by the fact that they're second to last in rushing yards!

7. Bucs - DM Ball is still strong. 4th lowest total yards on offense and a 5-2 record. Grind it out young man!

8. Broncos - Apparently the Broncos didn't get the memo about the NFL being a passing league now. Even DM thinks their passing game is stale!

10. Chargers - Second in third downs converted, first in third downs prevented. And yet they're only 4-3!

11. Steelers - The raw numbers look pretty good, and they have a top 3 offense yardage wise. Maybe they turn it over a lot?

12. Vikings - 100% in Red Zone scoring but only 50% TDs. Just give it to AP!

13. Cardinals - The Albatross might be holding a WC spot right now if he hadn't lost to the Seachickens!

14. Falcons - Trade/cut half your roster, struggle to beat inferior opponents, reach mid season at .500, all in a days work.

15. Saints - Surprisingly strong in the Red Zone defensively. They need to not be so generous on third downs though!

16. Bills - The Madden Bills decline seems directly related to the rise of the real life Bills.

17. Pats - Lots of yards, not enough points. Bill Belicheck is displeased with all this balance on offense.

18. Panthers - How does a team with Scam Newton, DeAngelo Williams and J-Stew only score on 70% of their trips to the red zone? Run some triple option son!

19. Bears - The scary thing is Bob might actually be pretty good if he did have a pass catching tight end!

20. Lions - They put up a lot of yards and give up a lot of yards. Pretty much the antithesis of DM Ball.

21. Jaguars - My last memory of the Jaguars is Konex rolling out to his right and completing a deep bomb to Marcedes Lewis just as Shawne Merriman kills Garrard.

22. Rams - They still have two games against the Seahawks to turn things around!

23. Packers - You'd think you could just press A to snap the ball on every play and finish at least .500 with this team.

24. Jets - Madden LT just isn't what he once was.

25. Dolphins - I only just now realized that Pheeknicks isn't the Dolphins, boy do I feel silly!

26. Ravens - Ray Lewis is getting too old for this shit.

27. Cowboys - Romo is killing them in the Red Zone. And that run game makes Emmitt Smith a sad panda.

28. Redskins - Second worst team in the Red Zone, and one of the worst teams on third down. I'm not afraid of waking the Dragon.

29. Seahawks - Marshawn Lynch is getting nearly 5 YPC. Too bad T-Jack and Max Unger are bad and should feel bad.

30. Chiefs - At least virtual Jamaal Charles still has his ACL!

31. Browns - Like their miserable brethren the Seahawks and Redskins they just have no hope when third downs roll around.

32. Titans - At least Pheeknicks has the NBA too look forward too. Oh.
Is that all you can say? Obvious troll is obvious.

DCX

Top Bottom