• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Is the rain causing artificial lag?

No, it's all in your head, the rain adds so much awesome to the game!!

Seriously though, with the frequency of the rain games, can we please turn weather off already? Geez

Smokey

DCX said:
Yea Lewis isn't in the same class as the others. :p
DCX

Clearly I'm not TE cheesing enough. This can be fixed. Also surprised Romo Jr aka Noodle Arm is able to get the ball to AJ at all.

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Clearly I'm not TE cheesing enough. This can be fixed. Also surprised Romo Jr aka Noodle Arm is able to get the ball to AJ at all.

I think it's a case by case basis really, if you're running the same play over and over like some people on that list, then yea it's cheese. But if you run a variety of plays and people can't stop or cover your TE, why not throw it to them? I've noticed over the years a lot of people leave TEs uncovered, no clue why.

Sanjuro

Weather elements = Banned
Touching the analog stick while punting = Banneded
TE plays = Bannededed
Undefeated teams = Super Bannioned

We don't let our youth score too many touchdowns in a game, clearly we need to level the playing field for us lower echelon teams!

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Weather elements = Banned
Touching the analog stick while punting = Banneded
TE plays = Bannededed
Undefeated teams = Super Bannioned

We don't let our youth score too many touchdowns in a game, clearly we need to level the playing field for us lower echelon teams!
Oh shut the fuck up, Sanjuro. By line drive punts they mean punts that are aimed directly at the return man. If you can't see the bull shit in that, then you're fucking dense.

DCX said:
They used to have gamecast, like they do for NFL.com. you can actually keep track of games etc.

Idk what happened to it though.

DCX
Don't forget they had radio broadcast too! Play by play over EA Radio.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i may turn the weather off. more and more people complaining about lag with weather :/
More and more? I've only seen one person asking about it. As much as I've hated a full month of rain, there was no lag in any of the games.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Oh shut the fuck up, Sanjuro. By line drive punts they mean punts that are aimed directly at the return man. If you can't see the bull shit in that, then you're fucking dense.
Grow up. I read a bunch of posts about people bitching about it. Either ban use of the punt stick or shut the fuck up. Simple as that.

Only thing that I wasn't being sarcastic about was the weather. All I know is in a few games this season I couldn't call a fair catch due to lag of some sort. I don't know if the weather is directly related. If it is that is a major problem.

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Top "receivers":

Dallas Clark TE Colts 53 844 15.9 7
Andre Johnson WR Texans 40 807 20.2 11
Antonio Gates TE Chargers 33 780 23.6 6
Marcedes Lewis TE Jaguars 44 727 16.5 1

One of these is not like the others....

Receptions is more interesting:
  • Dallas Clark TE Colts 53 844 15.9 7
  • Marcedes Lewis TE Jaguars 44 727 16.5 1
  • Jacob Tamme TE Colts 42 512 12.2 3
  • Andre Johnson WR Texans 40 807 20.2 11
  • Reggie Wayne WR Colts 38 676 17.8 5
  • Antonio Gates TE Chargers 33 780 23.6 6
  • Roddy White WR Falcons 33 690 20.9 5
  • Kenny Britt WR Titans 31 591 19.1 3
  • Vernon Davis TE 49ers 31 447 14.4 5
  • Visanthe Shiancoe TE Vikings 31 438 14.1 7
  • Pierre Garcon WR Colts 30 425 14.2 2
  • Mike Wallace WR Steelers 29 585 20.2 8
  • Julio Jones WR Falcons 29 494 17 4
  • Dwayne Bowe WR Chiefs 29 384 13.2 1
  • Joseph Addai HB Colts 28 312 11.1 3

LiveWire said:
Nice. Can I replay the 4 rain games I had? :)

rain aint helping you with those horrible picks you throw!

and i think there are issues with the punt game no matter what you do. for instance that time my guy just moved out of the way and the ball goes back 20 yards

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
Receptions is more interesting:
  • Dallas Clark TE Colts 53 844 15.9 7
  • Marcedes Lewis TE Jaguars 44 727 16.5 1
  • Jacob Tamme TE Colts 42 512 12.2 3
  • Andre Johnson WR Texans 40 807 20.2 11
  • Reggie Wayne WR Colts 38 676 17.8 5
  • Antonio Gates TE Chargers 33 780 23.6 6
  • Roddy White WR Falcons 33 690 20.9 5
  • Kenny Britt WR Titans 31 591 19.1 3
  • Vernon Davis TE 49ers 31 447 14.4 5
  • Visanthe Shiancoe TE Vikings 31 438 14.1 7
  • Pierre Garcon WR Colts 30 425 14.2 2

The innovator of the 2 TE cheese formation, with a little Pey Pey sneak added in!

I've said it a billion times, if the rain effects only one or two of our games performance, then it's reason enough to turn it off. It could be tied to certain stadiums and be a framerate issue.

Can some1 explain the punt cheese? I rarely do a line drive and if I do it's definitely going out of bounds, my out of bounds punts are low sometimes but I wouldn't call them line drives. It's just a line drive punt so the return man doesn't have time to fair catch or is it some glitch so you actually can't call a fair catch? I've never even seen this and my name is still being thrown in the mix!

6 CST/ 7 EST sounds good daw

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
The innovator of the 2 TE cheese formation, with a little Pey Pey sneak added in!

I've said it a billion times, if the rain effects only one or two of our games performance, then it's reason enough to turn it off. It could be tied to certain stadiums and be a framerate issue.

Still salty, even in the wake of Wellie's loss which should've revitalized your season, and your hopes for a Wildcard exit!

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
lol, salty because I lost to a BS play, yes.

Like I told you on IM, you will never be that close to beating me again. You had a career game with Rothlisberger - you done!

I woulda replayed that game in a heartbeat! Big Ben has thrown 3 or more picks in half of his games this year, I like those odds, run it back!

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
I think it's a case by case basis really, if you're running the same play over and over like some people on that list, then yea it's cheese. But if you run a variety of plays and people can't stop or cover your TE, why not throw it to them? I've noticed over the years a lot of people leave TEs uncovered, no clue why.
I think a lot of us play S or a lb position that may be assigned to a te which leaves blown coverages.

I did my best trying to stop Luke's TE attack, I shadowed, I doubled, I set up zones in the TE side but it was impossible to stop. You have two wide, fast capable WRs and two TEs in a wing format with Addai. It's like running a modified 4wr set :(

I forced two ints but still lost. A fumble bounced his way and he stop me one drive and forced me to punt. Mistake free and score every drive is the only way.

I will say this, he model for passing will be copied. Its just about perfect. Of course you need two Fast TEs that are decent recievers.

DCX

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Finest play of the season is the 65 yard td pass by brady on 4th and inches with the lead in the 3rd quarter.
ZTuGs.gif

Still, I think N1ightz has a much more valid beef with me. It was one of those games I was just waiting for rage of some sort. I'll never have a comeback like that again.

Ramirez said:
Me and levious are playing tonight, and isn't the deadline tonight? So it has to advance...

league only advanced on monday night. i'll give until thursday night to advance.

what are the status on the other 3 remaining games?

cards/rams
chiefs/fins
bills/jets

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
are we all that's left? Sorry I couldn't go last night. I'm good after 6:30 tonight though.

Smokey

DCX said:
I think a lot of us play S or a lb position that may be assigned to a te which leaves blown coverages.

I did my best trying to stop Luke's TE attack, I shadowed, I doubled, I set up zones in the TE side but it was impossible to stop. You have two wide, fast capable WRs and two TEs in a wing format with Addai. It's like running a modified 4wr set :(

I forced two ints but still lost. A fumble bounced his way and he stop me one drive and forced me to punt. Mistake free and score every drive is the only way.

I will say this, he model for passing will be copied. Its just about perfect. Of course you need two Fast TEs that are decent recievers.

DCX

Ah..the possibilities of Tony G, OD, AJ, Arian Foster next year. Super Package formation with 2 TE's, and Arian out at WR.

*unzips pants

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
bull fucking shit, that wasn't what i offered

the pheeniks (4:20:59 PM): trade me vince young
the pheeniks (4:21:05 PM): I need someone that WINS GAMES
thecoldone33 (4:21:25 PM): im gonna go ahead and do you a one time favor
thecoldone33 (4:21:28 PM): and not rob you
thecoldone33 (4:21:33 PM): by trading you VY
the pheeniks (4:21:57 PM): who the fuck is my qb anyways
the pheeniks (4:21:59 PM): its hasselbeck right
thecoldone33 (4:22:05 PM): or Locker
the pheeniks (4:22:15 PM): what do you want in return i'll give you either qb
the pheeniks (4:22:26 PM): if i suck ass this season I'm going to end up drafting kelly james's kids anyways

i dont blame you. the weed probably erased this memory

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Ah..the possibilities of Tony G, OD, AJ, Arian Foster next year. Super Package formation with 2 TE's, and Arian out at WR.

*unzips pants

You already run the cheesiest and best book in Madden (Houston). What more do you need!

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
You already run the cheesiest and best book in Madden (Houston). What more do you need!

Need moar. Always need moar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lulz did no one tell you tony G retires after this season?

I said possibilities!

It's a very very high chance he's gone, so I guess that means he's gotta eat before he bows out.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
league only advanced on monday night. i'll give until thursday night to advance.

what are the status on the other 3 remaining games?

cards/rams
chiefs/fins
bills/jets

Me and the 'tross are playing tomorrow night!

Smokey

What's the stance on hurry up offense outside of being down x amount of points? It's the closest thing to a no huddle. Madden Overlords?

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
What's the stance on hurry up offense outside of being down x amount of points? It's the closest thing to a no huddle. Madden Overlords?

I run hurry up in situations where I have the defense I want on the field.

Sanjuro

Smokey said:
I don't mind it really.

I will do it on some plays to try and catch the defense off guard. Result - I throw a pick.
I will do it towards the end of the first half or game. Result - I throw a pick.
If I'm getting raped I will do it so I can mount a tremendous comeback. Result - I throw many picks.

Overall, I think I'm pretty successful at it!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
uhhhh i mean as a change of pace once in a while i don't have an issue with it

So an entire drive. Save one or two plays for rest/subs? It happens in the National Football League from time to time...

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
So an entire drive. Save one or two plays for rest/subs? It happens in the National Football League from time to time...

It always seems like Smokey is trying to find/use a loophole. I'm sure he's not, but he asks questions the way Vumpler did

Top Bottom