• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Leviious I'm at Costco but I can play after as long as we finish before 2. I can also play after I get back from picking my dog up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bluemax said:
GG Levious. Baltimore secondary and T-Suggs just too OP.

good game

Yeah, everytime you ran left Suggs crushed it. Can't wait to get Lewis and McClain back.

daw840

TheCrow said:
I should ignore people more often. Didn't really follow the thread yesterday but I can play today anything after 5pm cst.

Gah..this evening is going to be tough. It's my good friend's 30th birthday....

league is vancin tomorrow at 9 pm pst. so get your games in!

luke if you haven't heard from balb at all by tomorrow let me know and you can play the CPU (i pm'd him today so we'll see)

LukeSmith

Balb said he can play anytime today or tomorrow, when I tried to respond I got this:

Balb has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Come on, Balb! Fix your shit and let's play!

McNei1y

Random question if anyone can answer: I was thinking about picking up a wrestling game for 360. Is it worth it to buy Smackdown vs Raw 2011 used?

Balb

Wow...just wow. Honestly I didn't expect to steal a win down 28-7 in the late 3rd/early 4th but everything somehow came together in the end. I forgot MJD existed until the 3rd quarter. GG

LukeSmith

Balb said:
Wow...just wow. Honestly I didn't expect to steal a win down 28-7 in the late 3rd/early 4th but everything somehow came together in the end. I forgot MJD existed until the 3rd quarter. GG

Uh huh

Edge rushing on PATs and user blitzing safeties is poo-poo'd in this dojo, just watch that stuff in your upcoming games

Balb

LukeSmith said:
Uh huh

Edge rushing on PATs and user blitzing safeties is poo-poo'd in this dojo, just watch that stuff in your upcoming games

? I never even controlled a player during the PAT. As for user blitzing...I never actually blitz. I just control the safety. Cost me a TD or two as a result.

Smokey

Balb said:
? I never even controlled a player during the PAT. As for user blitzing...I never actually blitz. I just control the safety.

Yes you do. You did it multiple times when we played during my PATs, I just didn't say anything. Same with the user blitzing.

Balb

Smokey said:
Yes you do. You did it multiple times when we played during your PATs, I just didn't say anything. Same with the user blitzing.

Honestly I never even knew about me rushing on the PAT. I don't even press anything on the controller. I guess I'll highlight another player then. Sorry, but I really didn't mean to cheat or glitch or anything.

As for the safety thing. I don't even think I rush with the safety (I try to cover the TE since they're usually always open) but if it seems like I am, I'll just start controlling the DE from now on. Again, sorry if it seems like I cheated. I feel bad about this but honestly I didn't even know I was doing anything wrong. I only applied pressure like three times in that last game and it was never with the safety. Again, I'll start controlling the DE from now on.

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Luke goes down? Pey Pey held under 400 yards? Nice win.

DCX

alex-trebek1.jpg

"What are things DCX couldn't do, Alex?"

I've only gone over 400 against you and Daw, breh

Ferny

FrenchMovieTheme said:

luke if you haven't heard from balb at all by tomorrow let me know and you can play the CPU (i pm'd him today so we'll see)
Hey FMT what about Sanjuro? Been trying to hit him up but haven't heard anything yet.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
alex-trebek1.jpg

"What are things DCX couldn't do, Alex?"

I've only gone over 400 against you and Daw, breh
Salty. I congratulated a fellow league member on a good win against a good player, some of you are way to insecure.

PS: you completed passes for a 13.5 clip against me and 15.5 against Balb. I didn't do as bad as the stats indicated. If you threw 41 times against him you would have hit 500, but i digress...

DCX

Ferny said:
Hey FMT what about Sanjuro? Been trying to hit him up but haven't heard anything yet.

samething. if you've been trying and he's not responding by tomorrow let me know.

as far as the balb/luke thing, i just want to reiterate that you cannot manually blitz with a LB/Secondary player UNLESS the qb breaks the tackle box (in other words, gets outside of where either tackle was at the snap). once they do get outside the pocket in that manner, all bets are off and you can go after the qb as you please.

as for the XP stuff, never do that. can't rush the kick with a player on the outside because of that weird glitch where shit gets blocked far too often.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Seems like Story and I will be playing tomorrow unless he is able to tonight before 9:30 est.

I should be available throughout the day, but I get home in the morning and tend to sleep a few hours.

Sanjuro

Ferny, I've been at work since nine this morning. I'll be back home at 9:20 EST.

I'm easiest to reach by messenger or PM. If more people used Google+ I would suggest a NFL-Age circle. That would work great. That would work pretty well. I tried to round up everyone's messenger name last season, but there was too much baw'ing.

Striker said:
Seems like Story and I will be playing tomorrow unless he is able to tonight before 9:30 est.

I should be available throughout the day, but I get home in the morning and tend to sleep a few hours.
If you mean start before 930, I can go now!

Rorschach

Balb said:
Honestly I never even knew about me rushing on the PAT. I don't even press anything on the controller. I guess I'll highlight another player then. Sorry, but I really didn't mean to cheat or glitch or anything.

As for the safety thing. I don't even think I rush with the safety (I try to cover the TE since they're usually always open) but if it seems like I am, I'll just start controlling the DE from now on. Again, sorry if it seems like I cheated. I feel bad about this but honestly I didn't even know I was doing anything wrong. I only applied pressure like three times in that last game and it was never with the safety. Again, I'll start controlling the DE from now on.
Yeah, during XPs it puts you on the edge by default. I can see how someone who ignores them could just let the play run like that.

You don't have to control the DE or whatever. You can still control the safety, but you can't run in at the QB. You can tackle the HB for negative yardage, though!

Ferny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ferny, I've been at work since nine this morning. I'll be back home at 9:20 EST.

I'm easiest to reach by messenger or PM. If more people used Google+ I would suggest a NFL-Age circle. That would work great. That would work pretty well. I tried to round up everyone's messenger name last season, but there was too much baw'ing.
Ok sorry I asked a bit back too and didn't think you saw it. What day/time did you want to play?

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Eh... My injuries are more problematic I feel. Imagine Ram without Wallace, Mendenhall or Heath. Or FMT without Gore, VD, Crabcakes. I don't have much offensive fire-power but those guys were pretty much it. We'll see how it goes going forward but at this point Benson is out for the year and Gresham I'll get back the week after the season ends.

Edit: Granted my guys aren't near as good as those, but losing your #1 WR, #1 TE, and #1 HB sucks.

I was without Mendenhall for 5 weeks...and Timmons is out for 7.

Everyone has had major injuries.

Smokey said:
Yes you do. You did it multiple times when we played during my PATs, I just didn't say anything. Same with the user blitzing.

Where are you people when I'm trying to rid the filth from the league?! Hopefully he ran more than 5-6 plays against you guys...

Striker

Thing with injuries some teams have the depth for it to withstand. Losing two safeties kind of puts you in a pickle, mainly because the Browns had no depth whatsoever defensively. The backups, for instance, at LB were all in the 50's before I signed Tatupu and Blackburn. Losing Fujita hasn't hurt too bad, because I can use Gocong. But the Safeties going down are killer. Outside Haden and Ward, I am not a fan of my DB's.

Rorschach said:
Daang you lost one of your seven 90+ starters on D? Was his backup only in the 80s?

For a moment there I thought we were back in the NCAA league talking about Alabama football again!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
I was without Mendenhall for 5 weeks...and Timmons is out for 7.

Everyone has had major injuries.
Yes but as has already been mentioned you can at least replace your guys. My backup RB has 75 CAR, I can't rely on him to end a game. Scaife got a good amount of catches due to how you play your D but he's not a reliable target and can't stretch the field. Thankfully I get Green back after the game with Levious. It's not even like I had a lot of options to begin with and I need the help with a 71 rated QB.

Mrbob

If you guys have on demand, watch American Horror Story on FX. I saw the pilot last night and it is amazing! Best pilot I've seen for a show in years. Intense and mysterious. I'm in for the rest of the season now.

daw840

LOL, GG Crow.

I love it how every win I have had this year has been because the other player got "Madden'd." I gets no respect around here. It couldn't have been because Cassell has a career day at 21/26 and a 106 QB rating. Or that Charles rushed 17 times for 132 yards. Or that Bowe got POG with 6 catches, 117 yards, and 2 touchdowns. Nah....it's definitely Madden.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:
LOL, GG Crow.

I love it how every win I have had this year has been because the other player got "Madden'd." I gets no respect around here. It couldn't have been because Cassell has a career day at 21/26 and a 106 QB rating. Or that Charles rushed 17 times for 132 yards. Or that Bowe got POG with 6 catches, 117 yards, and 2 touchdowns. Nah....it's definitely Madden.

Maybe. But you gotta act like you've been there before. a win is a win. shouldnt matter what other people think about it

TheCrow

daw840 said:
LOL, GG Crow.

Who would guess that Bowe would be so good in the slot? and even when I call the perfect counter my guy drops the easy pick in the endzone. Tebow probably has the highest carry rating on my team but I guess he'll get all of his fumbles out of the way in one game.

If you beat me again in our second game then I'll say you're good but we'll see.

Top Bottom