• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Wellington said:
1) I'm just messing with you

2) Do you really believe that losing the 3 of those guys hasn't had a big effect? C'mon. Like I said, it wouldn't feel good if you lost Miller, Wallace, and Mendy

Of course it has an effect, I just didn't like it being the first thing out of your mouth in your post after you lost. Hopefully you have all 3 of them next game. :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
If anyone is interested, I have an extra Batman Arkham City PC Nvidia code for sale. $30.

Is that the version that comes out on time or the version that bows down to the console overlords weeks later?

McNei1y

ugh gg. second straight game where my offense gets stopped drive after drive and my defense gets exposed everyway possible. This seasons taking a turn of the worse.

Rorschach

GG.

Bit of lag... especially at the end. Domes cause lag!

BLLoyd had 2 of those bs one handed grabs. I guess I'm glad I'm on the right side of those now. Hooray for WRs that can catch!

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
If anyone is interested, I have an extra Batman Arkham City PC Nvidia code for sale. $30.

Man tempting. I want AC but next week is my birthday and I want to buy myself a new game and nothing else good is coming out that week.

On the other hand my mobo is still out for RMA and I had to play the PC version on such low settings that it negated all the visual advantages (it would run at high, but kept shutting down my machine after like 5 minutes).

mik said:
Gg, drizz. My line was getting blown up on both sides of the ball. Dominant.
GG. Definitely one of my best games of the year. Nothing like opening up the game with a 54 td yd run by reggie on the stretch. Reggie was a beast that game. Reggie goes down (Don't worry just turf toe). Slaton comes out and breaks a big toss immediately. Henne going 9/10 doesn't happen every day. Everything about that game felt good except for whenever you went 4 wide. I just don't know my quarter books for whatever reason. Always run out of time trying to find a play I like.

Injuries:
Dhani Jones MLB - Abdominal Tear - 3 weeks

Burnett gets to earn his check again.

TheCrow

I guess my experiment with the 3-4 is over. I like having more speed on the field but my run defense has been so bad lately, once HBs get past the line my lbs just get blocked forever. Maybe I just don't have the right d-line to run it. :/

mik

mik is unbeatable
I don't know if you saved the replays of those two TD runs, but it looked like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan--bodies everywhere.

On offense, I should have just sacked up and passed the whole game, but it's totally against my nature. So I just kept banging my head against the wall like an asshole.

TheCrow said:
I guess my experiment with the 3-4 is over. I like having more speed on the field but my run defense has been so bad lately, once HBs get past the line my lbs just get blocked forever. Maybe I just don't have the right d-line to run it. :/

you need a patrick willis type on your squad

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you need a patrick willis type on your squad

omg, you are destroying Lions-gaf in the NFL thread. And I can't really defend us because Schwartz is a hypocrite at this point. Ugh, i just need it to be next Sunday already so we can get over this

goldlion054 said:
omg, you are destroying Lions-gaf in the NFL thread. And I can't really defend us because Schwartz is a hypocrite at this point. Ugh, i just need it to be next Sunday already so we can get over this

just having some fun for today! i would expect and accept the same from lions-age if we lost!

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
GG.

Bit of lag... especially at the end. Domes cause lag!

BLLoyd had 2 of those bs one handed grabs. I guess I'm glad I'm on the right side of those now. Hooray for WRs that can catch!

Yeah. Shit happens though. I recall playing a community scrim game with you and Greenwood had the same ridiculous 1hand grab. I just hope what you did stays with you. I can't be abused any longer if I want to make the playoffs!

mik said:
On offense, I should have just sacked up and passed the whole game, but it's totally against my nature. So I just kept banging my head against the wall like an asshole.

13 total rushing yards but you won the TOP game!

Damn our division is close.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Yeah. Shit happens though. I recall playing a community scrim game with you and Greenwood had the same ridiculous 1hand grab. I just hope what you did stays with you. I can't be abused any longer if I want to make the playoffs!
Well, I might be able to beat the Pack for ya, but I'm not so sure about the Bears or Lions. Bears will probably destroy me. :|

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just having some fun for today! i would expect and accept the same from lions-age if we lost!

Nah bro, its cool. I expected it. But The Schwartz-Harbaugh thing makes it sting so much more. Its what we get for the trash talk!

No Respeck!

Rorschach

Manning is the MVP front runner now. So elite that he broke MLM's defensive minded MVP system. :bow Luke

[edit]Just looked at FMT's schedule. He's going 16-0 for sure. Will he go 19-0?! That would be the first time anyone has gone undefeated in the regular season let alone the post season. :eek:

bluemax

Banned
I'm going to upset FMT in the regular season. 49ers always choke one game to Seattle a year.

Now he's gonna drop 40 on me out of spite.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
[edit]Just looked at FMT's schedule. He's going 16-0 for sure. Will he go 19-0?! That would be the first time anyone has gone undefeated in the regular season let alone the post season. :eek:

challenge.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Manning is the MVP front runner now. So elite that he broke MLM's defensive minded MVP system. :bow Luke

Dunlap will get MVP! Aiming to break Strahan's record!! The man even has more tackles than some top LBs.

Striker

Balb, will you be available to play our game today?

In other news, I re-signed HB Peyton Hillis, WR Jordy Nelson - both to five year deals. It seems, unless I've just been missing the posting, that they fixed the bug where you re-sign a guy, his deal is immediately starting. Hillis and Nelson both are still making 600K this year, but their new deals begin next season.

Also re-upped K Phil Dawson, but I was able to drop his deal down $2M, savages in CLE paying him 3.3M!

Lastly, a question. Is the CAP going to be bumped up? I believe it's $120M right now, but I swore I read something of it [supposedly] increasing to $126M.

bluemax said:
Storybook, when you do want to play? Any time after 10 est should be fine for me over the next three days.

Might be able to play tonight but it could be tomorrow. After 10 est is perfect for me though.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:

In other news, I re-signed HB Peyton Hillis, WR Jordy Nelson - both to five year deals. It seems, unless I've just been missing the posting, that they fixed the bug where you re-sign a guy, his deal is immediately starting. Hillis and Nelson both are still making 600K this year, but their new deals begin next season.

Also re-upped K Phil Dawson, but I was able to drop his deal down $2M, savages in CLE paying him 3.3M!

Lastly, a question. Is the CAP going to be bumped up? I believe it's $120M right now, but I swore I read something of it [supposedly] increasing to $126M.
The guide for the website mentioned you should raise the cap every year, but its up to FMT.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellie,

Forgot my son had his football game rescheduled to tonight, so I probably couldn't go before the monday night game. If you really want to play tonight I could go after 9 pm, but I'd prefer Tuesday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
Wellie,

Forgot my son had his football game rescheduled to tonight, so I probably couldn't go before the monday night game. If you really want to play tonight I could go after 9 pm, but I'd prefer Tuesday.
It's cool dude. Let me know when exactly you want me around and I'll be here. I have some home improvement stuff scheduled for tomorrow so it may be on the late end. I can stay up late tonight or tomorrow, whatever makes it easy.

This has probably been posted... but the Title Update is dropping tomorrow, btw. Something that's being fixed is a glitch where a QB can pump fake at the snap, which draws in spying linebackers and CBs into a blitz. .. I am now looking in contempt at anybody with running QB's who uses pump fakes.

Oh, and given that FMT is looking to go undefeated, we're playing this week. Let all of us players conspire to reveal his strategies, so that we have a better chance at an upset.. eh, eh?? No?

Well, okay.

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:
This has probably been posted... but the Title Update is dropping tomorrow, btw. Something that's being fixed is a glitch where a QB can pump fake at the snap, which draws in spying linebackers and CBs into a blitz. .. I am now looking in contempt at anybody with running QB's who uses pump fakes.

Oh, and given that FMT is looking to go undefeated, we're playing this week. Let all of us players conspire to reveal his strategies, so that we have a better chance at an upset.. eh, eh?? No?

Well, okay.
Game Genie, strategies don't apply.

DCX

levious

The Albatross said:

Well, okay.

they still need to fix downing punts around the goal line. You can just make contact with the punt in the field of play and it will be downed there, even if you and the ball end up in the end zone eventually.

Aye... It would be freaking fantastic if EA would simply make a 'down punt' animation instead of it becoming a total goal line cluster fuck of HOPING To be standing in the right place and have the punted ball hit your back strategically.

Or am I doing something wrong with downed punts? Like I have the hardest time getting into position to luckily downa punt, even when I have plenty of time to get there and get into position.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:

That's bs, so all of us who resigned players before get screwed for this years cap :/

DCX

levious

The Albatross said:
Aye... It would be freaking fantastic if EA would simply make a 'down punt' animation instead of it becoming a total goal line cluster fuck of HOPING To be standing in the right place and have the punted ball hit your back strategically.

Or am I doing something wrong with downed punts? Like I have the hardest time getting into position to luckily downa punt, even when I have plenty of time to get there and get into position.

I think strafing helps, but that could be my imagination.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
suckers

i couldn't afford to resign anybody
I still made my moves based on the broken system so it doesn't effect me persay, but it obviously helps people who waited to lock players in this season.

DCX

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:

The best part is being in position to have the punt magically hit you only to have someone move the returner in my way and initiate contact and have a flag called on me :/

I forget who did that to me but I loled.

DCX

Top Bottom