• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Sanjuro

Daw, let me know when you can go.

I feel like I'm an embarrassment to the league...yet I look at my record and see teams below me.

daw840

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

I feel like I'm an embarrassment to the league...yet I look at my record and see teams below me.

I should be home tonight around 6 CST. I have about a 2 hour window to start a game from then.

GCQuinton

A little PSA for the guys from this league who still have NCAA. We're getting ready to head into Season 3 and still have one spot open. Most, if not all, of the game's major earlier issues have been fixed and we haven't had any problems since starting Season 2 a month ago.

If you're interested, just let me know or post in the thread!

Ferny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

*waves* -___- working towards season 2 lol

The Albatross said:
Aye... It would be freaking fantastic if EA would simply make a 'down punt' animation instead of it becoming a total goal line cluster fuck of HOPING To be standing in the right place and have the punted ball hit your back strategically.

Or am I doing something wrong with downed punts? Like I have the hardest time getting into position to luckily downa punt, even when I have plenty of time to get there and get into position.

lol not your imagination. I can't get that down this year I always stand in the circle and it just drops right past them -_-

Smokey

Seems the XBL hacking for points scheme is on the rise. People are saying there's a security exploit in the EA servers that is allowing this to happen *shrug*

I just called and had my CC removed. Since I just renewed it for 1 month they had to "cancel the service" even though I already paid for the 1 month a few days ago. Non-refundable. Whatever. Didn't feel like arguing over $10 or however much it costs for a one month sub, i just wanted my damn CC off my account.

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Seems the XBL hacking for points scheme is on the rise. People are saying there's a security exploit in the EA servers that is allowing this to happen *shrug*

I just called and had my CC removed. Since I just renewed it for 1 month they had to "cancel the service" even though I already paid for the 1 month a few days ago. Non-refundable. Whatever. Didn't feel like arguing over $10 or however much it costs for a one month sub, i just wanted my damn CC off my account.

Yeah, I'd encourage everyone to make sure their credit cards are detached from their accounts. Security at the account level is jokeworthy over there.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I know I've used my CC to purchase points/games in the past, but if it says this on my profile:

Automatic Renewal: Off
Expiry Date:1/14/2012
Payment Option:n/a

does that mean my CC info is not stored?

Nevermind, I found it, it was still stored despite saying the above.

BigAT

GG CB. You suck a bag of dicks and got lucky as shit that Madden gift wrapped that game to you with a fucking bow on top. Plus your mom is ugly and has loose morals.

Am I doing it right?

Foolish move on my part to not call a fair catch on the first punt of the game, I think I kind of lost track of where we were on the field and thought I had more room. Things didn't go so hot from there. I got behind too much after that and had to get away from what I wanted to do, ended up forcing things too much on offense. My CBs felt like they were playing a bit below what I'm used to expecting from them, but whatever. The injury cart was on the field like every other play, but no actually injury that lasted more than just the game, weird.

Christ, the completion rates for my last two games:
Kaepernick: 11 of 13, 84.6%
Vick: 13 of 15, 86.6%

That needs to end.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG.

And after Maclin went out for a bit before the half i knew i had to get Steve Smith a TD

Nightz

Smokey said:

I hope no one hacks me and takes the last 40 points on my account. :(

CB3

couldnt you just edit the CC info to some random shit that way your month would have stayed, but even if they stole the info it would be irrelevant.

Smokey

I'm at work and can't get to the site. Just bit the bullet and called them to get it off ASAP. Only $12 or whatever. Rather that than $80+ which happened to mik.

LukeSmith

The Playoff Picture is interesting in both conferences through 10 weeks.

NFC is a clusterfuck, the number of wins to make it is probably 9 wins.

NFC Playoff Locks
FMT (9-0)
BigAT (8-2)
DM (6-3)
CB (7-3) (Wildcard)

NFC in the hunt:
[key matchups are bolded]
  • DCX (5-5) games left: MIN, HOU, CAR, JAX, NO, TB
  • GCQ (5-5) games left: IND, ATL, HOU, TB, NO
  • Birdles (5-5) games left: NYG, DET, TEN, MIN, ATL, CAR
  • 'Tross (5-4) games left: SF, STL, DAL, SF, CLE, CIN, SEA
  • Bobby (4-5) games left: DET, SD, OAK, KC, DEN, SEA, GB, MIN
  • McNeily (5-5) games left: ATL, DEN, DET, NO, WAS, CHI

Wildcard Teams will come from the NFC South or possibly the NFC North, McNeily may have the easier road between him and Bobby. Birdles, GCQ and DCX will be in a dogfight to get a spot and could cannibalize one another. 'Tross has SF 2x and Cincinnati, which puts him at 7 losses and could sneak him in as the other WC, depending on the carnage in the South.

Prediction:
1. FMT
2. BigAT
3. DM
4. McNeily
5. CB
6. Albatross

AFC
The AFC isn't a clusterfuck as much as it is a competitive nightmare. Good players will miss the playoffs in the AFC - there simply aren't enough good players in the NFC to make the same statement.

12-4 gets you in for sure, 11-5 may get you in. 10 wins probably misses the playoffs.

Playoff Locks
Rors (10-0)

AFC in the Hunt
  • Smokey (8-2) games left: JAX, ATL, CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (6-4) games left: KC, CIN, CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (6-3) games left: BAL, CLE, PIT, HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (6-4) games left: CAR, NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (5-4) games left: NYJ SD, MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (5-4) games left: CHI, DEN, JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK
  • Sanjo (4-5) games left: KC, PHI, IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-5) games left: NYJ, TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE

The AFC playoff picture is murky. Smokey is in the driver's seat in the South, but has to get past DCX and Wellie. Wellie is in the pole position in the North (mainly because Ram's ending schedule is so tough - Cinnci again, FMT again, he has to win one of those games). AFC East will probably go to Mik as his road is slightly easier than Sanjo's. The most interesting game of the year may end up being week 17, Rors vs. Nightz - Rors could be in a position to shape the final wildcard slot by beating Nightz or letting Nightz beat him. Imagine Rors losing to Nightz to let Nightz/Someone Else and keep Crow on the outside looking in. Although, Crow has the easiest schedule the rest of the way.

Prediction
1. Rors
2. Smokey
3. Wellie
4. Mik
5. Smith
6. Crow

Edit 1: including DM
Edit 2: updating GCQ game result

CB3

do they know how its happening yet? i dont understand how they are being able to account recover just through some EA exploit

Smokey

CB3 said:
do they know how its happening yet? i dont understand how they are being able to account recover just through some EA exploit

People are speculating it's FIFA. I guess you can buy FIFA Ultimate Team points and then sell them for real money. That doesn't make sense (well, it does) because in the thread in the gaming side there are dudes who have never touched FIFA getting their account hacked. One guy said he's never bought anything on XBL just GFWL. He said he bought Age of Empires when it was $1 and he still got hit.

Either way there's a security hole somewhere and MS isn't doing anything about it.

BigAT

Microsoft was jelly of all the attention Sony got with the PSN hack and downtime so they decided to get in the game with a disastrous network vulnerability of their own.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
AFC
The AFC isn't a clusterfuck as much as it is a competitive nightmare. Good players will miss the playoffs in the AFC - there simply aren't enough good players in the NFC to make the same statement.

12-4 gets you in for sure, 11-5 may get you in. 10 wins probably misses the playoffs.

Playoff Locks
Rors (10-0)

AFC in the Hunt
  • Smokey (8-2) games left: JAX, ATL, CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (6-4) games left: KC, CIN, CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (6-3) games left: BAL, CLE, PIT, HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (6-4) games left: CAR, NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (5-4) games left: NYJ SD, MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (5-4) games left: CHI, DEN, JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK
  • Sanjo (4-5) games left: KC, PHI, IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-5) games left: NYJ, TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE

Prediction
1. Rors
2. Smokey
3. Wellie
4. Mik
5. Smith
6. Crow

Good analysis. I agree 100% about the win totals needed to get in the playoffs in the AFC. 11+ wins or bust :(. Every game counts over here, too many good players around. Even though injuries suck when they hit you, I do thing the frequency of them has some what mirrored the NFL. Maybe not the longevity of them, but they have added an extra dimension of suspense. I see wellie out with his top 3 players at skill positions and smh. Rough.

daw840

Yeah...the loss of Eric Berry at safety has really exposed my pass defense even more than the swiss cheese it consisted of before.

LiveWire

Hey Somnia if you're around tonight let's get our game in. I'll be home by 6PM PST. My best availability is tonight because tomorrow and Wednesday are sports league nights.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
The Playoff Picture is interesting in both conferences through 10 weeks.

NFC is a clusterfuck, the number of wins to make it is probably 9 wins.

NFC Playoff Locks
FMT (9-0)
BigAT (8-2)
DM (6-3)
CB (7-3) (Wildcard)

NFC in the hunt:
[key matchups are bolded]
  • DCX (5-5) games left: MIN, HOU, CAR, JAX, NO, TB
  • GCQ (4-5) games left: DET, IND, ATL, HOU, TB, NO
  • Birdles (5-5) games left: NYG, DET, TEN, MIN, ATL, CAR
  • 'Tross (5-4) games left: SF, STL, DAL, SF, CLE, CIN, SEA
  • Bobby (4-5) games left: DET, SD, OAK, KC, DEN, SEA, GB, MIN
  • McNeily (5-5) games left: ATL, DEN, DET, NO, WAS, CHI

Wildcard Teams will come from the NFC South or possibly the NFC North, McNeily may have the easier road between him and Bobby. Birdles, GCQ and DCX will be in a dogfight to get a spot and could cannibalize one another. 'Tross has SF 2x and Cincinnati, which puts him at 7 losses and could sneak him in as the other WC, depending on the carnage in the South.

Prediction:
1. FMT
2. BigAT
3. DM
4. McNeily
5. CB
6. Albatross
Agreed. I basically need to win out to guarantee a spot. Can i do it? Sure. My confidence in closing games out is at an all time low. I feel like LeBron.

The silver lining is the knowledge that i can hang with all the top dogs and my losses have been by 5 or less points other than week 1. It's go time!

DCX

bluemax

Banned
So uh, I just checked my email and I have two purchases for 1600 MS Points on my account that I didn't make.

FML, calling MS now.

McNei1y

bluemax said:
So uh, I just checked my email and I have two purchases for 1600 MS Points on my account that I didn't make.

FML, calling MS now.

Happened to me two weeks ago (80 dollars worth of Microsoft Points). That's why I have umd terps now. McNei1y became compromised and I had to call my bank and Microsoft. I got the money back but I still haven't heard about my account.

bluemax

Banned
McNei1y said:
Happened to me two weeks ago (80 dollars worth of Microsoft Points). That's why I have umd terps now. McNei1y became compromised and I had to call my bank and Microsoft. I got the money back but I still haven't heard about my account.

Yeah they said My account is gonna be locked for 10-20 days.

Just in time for Batman!

CB3

seems like MS should be heading for a big backlash that hasnt happened yet. Media needs to get on them more

GG GCQ!

I hope you know that fake punt at the end was just for the the laughs.

I'm so garbage at this game hahaha. I can't throw a ball to save my life. Cam Newton absolutely shredded my Pass D. Johnathan Stewart ran wherever he wanted. When Scram hit that 60 yard run where he trucked one of my linebackers at the end of the game..... I just felt it was appropriate. What can ya do, though? And it bothers me that my receivers never fight for the ball. Calvin watches as the DB intercepts the pass haha

I will just try and spoil other peoples playoff chances now and ruin Rors perfect record!

LukeSmith

goldlion054 said:
GG GCQ!

I'm so garbage at this game hahaha. I can't throw a ball to save my life. Cam Newton absolutely shredded my Pass D. Johnathan Stewart ran wherever he wanted. When Scram hit that 60 yard run where he trucked one of my linebackers at the end of the game..... I just felt it was appropriate. What can ya do, though? And it bothers me that my receivers never fight for the ball. Calvin watches as the DB intercepts the pass haha

I will just try and spoil other peoples playoff chances now and ruin Rors perfect record!

I'll give Jahvid Best a better home next season, friend

GCQuinton

goldlion054 said:
GG GCQ!

GG man. Game was closer than the score shows but yeah, I went "damn" at that truck by Cam too :lol. Slowly but surely I'm learning how to play with him.

Time to get ready for Indy!

daw840

Sanjuro you gonna be around in about 45 minutes? I got a text from the wife that said "fuck this fucking day." This means that I better not be mid game when she gets home around 8....lol

Rorschach

I warned you guys in this thread to change all your info. :(

Too bad I was called a scaremonger!
Smokey said:
People are speculating it's FIFA. I guess you can buy FIFA Ultimate Team points and then sell them for real money. That doesn't make sense (well, it does) because in the thread in the gaming side there are dudes who have never touched FIFA getting their account hacked. One guy said he's never bought anything on XBL just GFWL. He said he bought Age of Empires when it was $1 and he still got hit.

Either way there's a security hole somewhere and MS isn't doing anything about it.
Thank heavens I kept away from all their 1 dollar sales. I knew it was a fucking trap!

Mrbob said:
Solution is to stick with PC gaming.

Still the champ.
Non-GFWL gaming, yes.

CB3 said:
couldnt you just edit the CC info to some random shit that way your month would have stayed, but even if they stole the info it would be irrelevant.
It won't let you edit CC info or delete CC info even though it shows you the option. You have to call it in.

LukeSmith

daw840 said:
Sanjuro you gonna be around in about 45 minutes? I got a text from the wife that said "fuck this fucking day." This means that I better not be mid game when she gets home around 8....lol

omg

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
seems like MS should be heading for a big backlash that hasnt happened yet. Media needs to get on them more

Everything I've read makes it seem like people are exploiting something on EA's end.

I guess Rors did give us warning, and I should've gone in and removed my CC.

The weird thing is that it happened on the same day as my auto renewal for XBL Gold. So yeah, I dunno.

daw840 said:

hahahahahahahahaha

she used the word fuck twice. it's a hint!

also daw I saw you playing jam but you ignored me :(

Mrbob

Smokey said:
I'm 3 episodes into Breaking Bad.

Show kind of sucks....GAF told me otherwise.

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

It is a show that gets better with each season. Season 1 is good. Season 2 is better. Season 3 is where the show takes lift off into epic territory.

Top Bottom