• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Luke sped the process up for me, but I still never got my original GT back, AND I lost my email in the process. Thanks, MS.
Maybe Luke can help me speed up the process of getting the guy who took the Nightz gamertag (and didn't use it at all) deleted.

Ramirez

Nightz said:
Maybe Luke can help me speed up the process of getting the guy who took the Nightz gamertag (and didn't use it at all) deleted.

He got me in touch with a higher up in the Live division, but she didn't bother retrieving my original GT. :(

It's just a silver tag now, sitting unused, lame.

Somnia

Ramirez said:
He got me in touch with a higher up in the Live division, but she didn't bother retrieving my original GT. :(

It's just a silver tag now, sitting unused, lame.

It forces you into a new name so they can say they have more members =P

LukeSmith

***UPDATED***
The Playoff Picture is interesting in both conferences through 10+ weeks.

NFC is a clusterfuck, the number of wins to make it is probably 9 wins.

NFC Playoff Locks
FMT (9-0)
BigAT (8-2)
DM (6-3)
CB (7-3) (Wildcard)

NFC in the hunt:
[key matchups are bolded]
  • DCX (5-5) games left: MIN, HOU, CAR, JAX, NO, TB
  • GCQ (5-5) games left: IND, ATL, HOU, TB, NO
  • Birdles (5-5) games left: NYG, DET, TEN, MIN, ATL, CAR
  • 'Tross (5-5) games left: STL, DAL, SF, CLE, CIN, SEA
  • Bobby (4-6) games left: OAK, KC, DEN, SEA, GB, MIN
  • McNeily (5-5) games left: ATL, DEN, DET, NO, WAS, CHI

Wildcard Teams will come from the NFC South or possibly the NFC North, McNeily may have the easier road between him and Bobby. Birdles, GCQ and DCX will be in a dogfight to get a spot and could cannibalize one another. 'Tross has SF 2x and Cincinnati, which puts him at 7 losses and could sneak him in as the other WC, depending on the carnage in the South.

Prediction:
1. FMT
2. BigAT
3. DM
4. McNeily
5. CB
6. Albatross

AFC
The AFC isn't a clusterfuck as much as it is a competitive nightmare. Good players will miss the playoffs in the AFC - there simply aren't enough good players in the NFC to make the same statement.

12-4 gets you in for sure, 11-5 may get you in. 10 wins probably misses the playoffs.

Playoff Locks
Rors (10-0)

AFC in the Hunt
  • Smokey (8-2) games left: JAX, ATL, CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (7-3) games left: KC, CIN, CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (6-4) games left: CLE, PIT, HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (6-4) games left: CAR, NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (5-5) games left: SD, MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-4) games left: DEN, JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK
  • Sanjo (4-5) games left: KC, PHI, IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-5) games left: NYJ, TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE

The AFC playoff picture is murky. Smokey is in the driver's seat in the South, but has to get past DCX and Wellie. Week 10 upsets to Crow and Wellie cloud the future even more, giving Ram a full game lead, the head to head lead and the lead in the division schedule going down the road. The Nightz and Crow pending showdown next week will change the Wildcard picture yet again.

Prediction
1. Rors
2. Smokey
3. Ramirez
4. Mik
5. Wellie
6. Colts

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
fixed, monster match-up against crow for you next week
For sure. Can't let Noel Devine run wild like he did last time. =\

I do agree that it'll be you and Wellie taking the wild card spots though.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
GG Live, sorry you have to deal with Beck.

GG. It's all good. I can deal with Beck not being great, just sucks when you make perfect throws and they're either dropped or looked at Brandon Lloyd style. :/

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no he isn't! you ain't no lock for the playoffs!

No one is in the AFC aside from Rors!

Must be nice to be in a conference where the competition drops off after the 4th team.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Is Lego Batman worth a buy? It's for sale on Steam. Looks hilarious on the trailer.
It is, as a matter of fact just about all of the Lego games are a good buy especially Batman and Star Wars.

DCX

Ramirez said:
No one is in the AFC aside from Rors!

Must be nice to be in a conference where the competition drops off after the 4th team.

Being the 6th (or worse) team, and having kicked your black and yellow ass with the lowly Arizona Cardinals, I resent this statement.

:D

Wellington said:
Is Lego Batman worth a buy? It's for sale on Steam. Looks hilarious on the trailer.

The lego games are all the same. Fun little adventure games that are cool for a bit, but they are all 100% exactly the same... you go around, fight baddies with moves, do some simple adventure jumps, solve some simple place-lego-here puzzles, and you collect lego pieces that you can use to get stuff.

They're fun, but formulaic and repetitive.

Oh, and I think it'd be a small miracle for me to make the playoffs. After getting my ass kicked by FMT the other day. I was thinking in my head of how to combat it, and was just left dumbfounded. Like, with most of the games, you can sort of find weaknesses or figure out how guys like to play... Like, guy likes his tight ends way too much (Vikings owner, I'm looking at you, but could do nothing against it in our game), or "oh this guy controls an LB and run blitz the running back on every play," and so you can figure out how to exploit that. But against FMT, stupid ugly gutter trash Colin Kaeperdick was shredding me worse than Peyton Manning. I had no answer. I didn't know what to do. My only productive defensive plays were on extra points, where I took my deep guy and ran him into the stands and out of the stadium.

DCX

DCX
Eager to get this week over so I can play my next game. Big game against MJD and the all world TE Marcedees Lewis.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
I think it's the weakest of the LEGO games because it's not tied to a specific story so you don't get the parody moments.

It's still fun though for what it is.

Smokey

Batman AC master race footage has been released as well as a legendary bf3 MP trailer

Lolconsoles. Next gen where are you Luke put the word in. End the pain and suffering!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Batman AA master race footage has been released as well as a legendary bf3 MP trailer

Lolconsoles. Next gen where are you Luke put the word in. End the pain and suffering!
Says the Monopoly man, some of us simpletons have to deal.

DCX

Smokey said:
Batman AC master race footage has been released as well as a legendary bf3 MP trailer

I'll be double dipping on BF3 for sure, 360 and PC. Might consider doing the same with Batman (when the eventual steam sale comes).

Mrbob

Smokey said:

Luke is on the PC bandwagon. He no longer is shackled by the MS empire, and has freed his mind.

What time we vancin' tonight? Rors, will you be ready to rumble?

Already-Dead-e1263400503343.jpg

Smokey

DCX said:
Says the Monopoly man, some of us simpletons have to deal.

DCX
Imjustsaying

The sooner we move on from every game being sub hd and less than 35fps the better. We should already be a year or so into the next gen right about now, but nintendo ruined the industry so we are stuck. So pc it is!

Mrbob

You mean less than 25, right? :p

Funny when I see all the praising on the gaming forum when a game can barely run 30FPS at 720P. Consoles need to man up, as 720P is kiddy resolution to play at. 60FPS at 1080P and I'm impressed. Let me take full advantage of my TV.

60 dollars is a lot to spend on a game. New hardware makes 60 dollars per title money better spent. The irony of it all is I'll probably end up with a Nintendo system waiting for MS and Sony to get off their collective arse. Wii U is tempting at the moment.

bluemax

Banned
The Albatross said:
Oh, and I think it'd be a small miracle for me to make the playoffs. After getting my ass kicked by FMT the other day. I was thinking in my head of how to combat it, and was just left dumbfounded. Like, with most of the games, you can sort of find weaknesses or figure out how guys like to play... Like, guy likes his tight ends way too much (Vikings owner, I'm looking at you, but could do nothing against it in our game), or "oh this guy controls an LB and run blitz the running back on every play," and so you can figure out how to exploit that. But against FMT, stupid ugly gutter trash Colin Kaeperdick was shredding me worse than Peyton Manning. I had no answer. I didn't know what to do. My only productive defensive plays were on extra points, where I took my deep guy and ran him into the stands and out of the stadium.

Here are my tips to beating some of the elites:

FMT: Use the patented BlueMax dink and dunk. 100 yard field? 20 5 yard drags later it'll be a touch down!

Luke: Make him think you're taking running the clock out to end the half. Then take the ball 98 yards for a TD.

Rors: Use your over rated LBers and Corners to shut down his 60 and 70 rated offensive players. Run the ball 20+ times with your over rated god tier RB, behind your 99 ovr FB, 98 ovr TE and 80-90+ OL. Do not attempt to throw the ball to Chris Chambers, ever.

BigAT: Haha JK, I've never come close to beating him.

If we are advancing today I'm not available to play. It's my birthday and I don't feel like being a virtual loser on my birthday (just an actual loser).

Mrbob

I'm starting to think it is impossible to beat Rors. You could have a collection of the greatest 22 players of all time rated at 100, and Rors will still win by at least 10.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Here are my tips to beating some of the elites:

FMT: Use the patented BlueMax dink and dunk. 100 yard field? 20 5 yard drags later it'll be a touch down!

Luke: Make him think you're taking running the clock out to end the half. Then take the ball 98 yards for a TD.

Rors: Lose Respek post-game.

BigAT: Haha JK, I've never come close to beating him.

If we are advancing today I'm not available to play. It's my birthday and I don't feel like being a virtual loser on my birthday (just an actual loser).

Happy birthday Matthew!

Mrbob said:
I'm starting to think it is impossible to beat Rors. You could have a collection of the greatest 22 players of all time rated at 100, and Rors will still win by at least 10.

Yavin_base_briefing_room.jpg

It's not impossible...

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Imjustsaying

The sooner we move on from every game being sub hd and less than 35fps the better. We should already be a year or so into the next gen right about now, but nintendo ruined the industry so we are stuck. So pc it is!

Ha, Nintendo is going to be the first out of the gate next year (granted with fake HD, but still!). Microsoft has been wanting to extend the console lifecycle since Xbox 1. Sony's still trying to hold on for dear life and avoid Sega's fate.

bluemax

Banned
Thanks LukeSmif

Mrbob said:

Nah, you just need like 5 or 6 super over hyped players and you have to catch him when the Raiders roster is at one of its all time weakest points.

Its a lot easier to shut down Justin Fargas with Shawne Merriman, Donnie Edwards, Luis Castillo and Igor Olshansky than it is to shut down D-Mac with the Corpse of Brian Urlacher and the rest of the Bears.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Your jaws ok from all dat slurpin?

just as an update, i have been trying to sync the stats since yesterday. seems that quite a few people are having problems with this same error.

i'm going to try it on my mac and see if its a browser issue or what :/

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just as an update, i have been trying to sync the stats since yesterday. seems that quite a few people are having problems with this same error.

i'm going to try it on my mac and see if its a browser issue or what :/
Stat syncing is down for 24 hours for maintenance.

looks like EA fixed their own site! someone get sable to do his script for this year!

anyways, following games remain unplayed:

bucs vs. packers (i think ez said he is gone this week, DM i will boot him in a second and you can play CPU)
chiefs vs. pats
jags vs. browns

league advances tonight so get these done!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
You mean less than 25, right? :p

Funny when I see all the praising on the gaming forum when a game can barely run 30FPS at 720P. Consoles need to man up, as 720P is kiddy resolution to play at. 60FPS at 1080P and I'm impressed. Let me take full advantage of my TV.

60 dollars is a lot to spend on a game. New hardware makes 60 dollars per title money better spent. The irony of it all is I'll probably end up with a Nintendo system waiting for MS and Sony to get off their collective arse. Wii U is tempting at the moment.
Console hardware is 5 years old. Imagine having a 5 year old PC and trying to run new stuff to look even decent.

I'm fully upgrading my rig whenever we get the new systems. I am still running an e6600 core 2 duo lol. :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
fmt, I might not be free until friday, but I'll see what I can do before then.

Thankfully I get a bit healthy this week

Code:
	Full Name	POS	Injury Type	Length
	Lewis, Ray	MLB	Broken Tailbone	1 Wk
	Doss, Tandon	WR	Abdominal Tear	8 Wks
	Evans, Lee	WR	Abdominal Tear	3 Wks
	Leach, Vonta	FB	Pectoral Strain	1 Wk
	McClain, Jameel	MLB	Broken Forearm	1 Wk

Wellington said:
Striker when are you available?

FMT: What is the advancement time? If 9 PM PDT I motion we make it earlier!

motion granted!*

* if i dont get confirmation from everyone that they are actually going to play before 9 pm!

levious said:
fmt, I might not be free until friday, but I'll see what I can do before then.

Thankfully I get a bit healthy this week

Code:
	Full Name	POS	Injury Type	Length
	Lewis, Ray	MLB	Broken Tailbone	1 Wk
	Doss, Tandon	WR	Abdominal Tear	8 Wks
	Evans, Lee	WR	Abdominal Tear	3 Wks
	Leach, Vonta	FB	Pectoral Strain	1 Wk
	McClain, Jameel	MLB	Broken Forearm	1 Wk

damn you're getting all your dudes back! doesn't look good for me :(

ray lewis is patrick willis sr.!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
motion granted!*

* if i dont get confirmation from everyone that they are actually going to play before 9 pm!

ray lewis is patrick willis sr.!
I'm headed home at about 4 EDT. Can we advance at 5 so I can play striker? Thanks!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

The undefeated Eeyore is the most embarrassing kind of Eeyore.

Man up and talk about destroying Levious. You and Rors and this "aww shucks" junk, it's gotta stop.

Nevermind that when Wellie dropped the Eeyore schtick the Madden gods punished him by taking away all of his best skill positions with injuries :(

Top Bottom