• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

1071780-1267565871-11032731203566373PCMasterRace2.PNG

"Nobody leaves me and lives to talk about it."

FrenchMovieTheme said:
so i thought luke was joking when he says he saw me on arkham this morning but i got home tonight and sat down to play.... my save is completely gone. no record of any save at all.

what the fuck! first off, wasted 7 hours. secondly, no one was home! third, it couldn't have been hacked because how would they have access to my save file.... its not a cloud save.

fucking lame. i'm selling this bitch on amazon and will just wait for the pc version. fuck you 360!

Holy shit, that is fucking gold right there. Maybe Microsoft has the power to refund time?

BigAT said:
1071780-1267565871-11032731203566373PCMasterRace2.PNG

"Nobody leaves me and lives to talk about it."

but i already bought the pc version off DM and it's ready to be downloaded on steam! i was just going to speed through the console version and then take my time on a PC playthrough :(

GG, the blitzing cost ya. Reggie with 2 receptions for 135 yards, that's how you run the screen! That one 3rd down catch by Gates was absolute ridiculousness, catches it off the user deflection for 37 yards on 3rd and 12. Plenty of maddening going on. There was one formation where I couldn't get the right guy assigned to Witten for the life of me. Was in the hurry up when you hit him on the streak. Would always be the opposite OLB or opposite ILB>.<

LukeSmith

Recap from a game someone played this week:
  • knitting circle: then i realized...its dude's name REDACTED
  • knitting circle: same 3 plays
  • knitting circle: or 6 if you count the flipped versions

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG, the blitzing cost ya. Reggie with 2 receptions for 135 yards, that's how you run the screen! That one 3rd down catch by Gates was absolute ridiculousness, catches it off the user deflection for 37 yards on 3rd and 12. Plenty of maddening going on. There was one formation where I couldn't get the right guy assigned to Witten for the life of me. Was in the hurry up when you hit him on the streak. Would always be the opposite OLB or opposite ILB>.<

I can't believe you still brag about running the same ole screens, tosses, and bombs to that scrub WR.

Ramirez said:
Why do I need to see the stats when you outline the big plays right in your post!
I wasn't bragging about shit Gates did. Horrible throw and he got maddened. Gates didn't have much of a game. I said I ran two screens to perfection. One each half and both huge gains. Just braggin about reggie being reggie! And he hasn't even been reggie all season!

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I wasn't bragging about shit Gates did. Horrible throw and he got maddened. Gates didn't have much of a game. I said I ran two screens to perfection. One each half and both huge gains. Just braggin about reggie being reggie! And he hasn't even been reggie all season!

Maybe you should call up Sporano and tell him you have the secret to offensive success.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:

Reggie being Reggie?

LukeSmith said:

If Somnia has issue with my playcalling he should say something here. I called a variety of plays, got plenty of people on offense involved, not a game I expected to be defending myself afterwards, especially when you consider his ILBs, easiest to just run opposite Ware. Bush and Thomas had about the same amt of rushing yards that game, I don't run Thomas outside unless the power O gets ugly.

TossTossGATES is more about the mental aspect of the game. So those palms get sweaty when you see #10 line up in the slot. I think Bess and Marshall both outreceived him that game and last week he had 0 receptions.

Smokey said:
Reggie being Reggie?
That would've been a better tag.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
You're in the circle too if you're keeping out names. Although, it's pretty obvious who it is when you say "3 plays."

Nightz said:
Another vote for Rors to restart the league:
Overrated Raider? Gimme!!!!

Somnia

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
If Somnia has issue with my playcalling he should say something here. I called a variety of plays, got plenty of people on offense involved, not a game I expected to be defending myself afterwards, especially when you consider his ILBs, easiest to just run opposite Ware. Bush and Thomas had about the same amt of rushing yards that game, I don't run Thomas outside unless the power O gets ugly.

TossTossGATES is more about the mental aspect of the game. So those palms get sweaty when you see #10 line up in the slot. I think Bess and Marshall both outreceived him that game and last week he had 0 receptions.

That would've been a better tag.
Ehhh I never said anything about our game to anyone because I don't have a problem with anything you did. I cost myself the game blitzing you on those screens and like you said got maddened by Gates and I became one dimensional too early. You won that game fair and square.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wtf, DM didn't even get CJ2K'd.

Looking at the standings I just need to stay afloat in the playoff picture. The early wins over Luke, Balb, and Crow give me big time tie-breakers. Also, AJ Green is back.

Edit: Woah @ Balb's schedule - Smokey, Nightz, DM, DCX, Pheeniks, Luke. Gauntlet, especially with Pheeniks finding a grove. Only one easy win in there.

So I'm pretty dumb, someone help this big dumb bird.
MLM says this week hasn't been finished, but we're scheduling our next game... Sync problem?

I could read the thread, but birds can't read.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Can't get to it, but what makes it better? How much do they charge?
Well a lot of the features are the same as LM, and I do appreciate the LM guy's work, but in my opinion, XFN seems better usability-wise. One, things are actually implemented and functioning, such as the draft console (LM still doesn't have the draft console and our draft is coming up...this was promised a long time ago). Two, UI looks cleaner and doesn't feel as clunky or slow. The league home page can also be customized to display relevant info (like this for example).

Pricing for single league hosting:
1 year with limited features $10.00
6 months with all features $41.94
1 year with all features $71.88

bluemax

Banned
Nightz said:
Well a lot of the features are the same as LM, and I do appreciate the LM guy's work, but in my opinion, XFN seems better usability-wise. One, things are actually implemented and functioning, such as the draft console (LM still doesn't have the draft console and our draft is coming up...this was promised a long time ago). Two, UI looks cleaner and doesn't feel as clunky or slow. The league home page can also be customized to display relevant info (like this for example).

That's insane. Especially for something EA was supposed to provide.

daw840

Nightz said:

Is that the total cost or will each player in the league have to pay for their membership in the site?

Smokey

Nightz said:

I don't really like LM that much either tbh. Too clunky and doesn't work half the time. I'd be willing to lay down the $42 for the league for 6 months on that site. Not sure FMT would want to make the move though since we're this far in. Maybe wait until S2? I dunno, but I'd be willing to do it.

*If that's for one league and not individually.

Nightz

daw840 said:
Is that the total cost or will each player in the league have to pay for their membership in the site?
That's the total cost for the leauge.

Smokey said:
I don't really like LM that much either tbh. Too clunky and doesn't work half the time. I'd be willing to lay down the $42 for the league for 6 months on that site. Not sure FMT would want to make the move though since we're this far in. Maybe wait until S2? I dunno, but I'd be willing to do it.

*If that's for one league and not individually.
That would be cool of you, but I think it would be hard to switch even in between seasons since people have already re-signed, added and traded players.

Smokey

Nightz said:
That would be cool of you, but I think it would be hard to switch even in between seasons since people have already re-signed, added and traded players.

True. In that case we're probably stuck with LM.

Well, I tried :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
True. In that case we're probably stuck with LM.

Well, I tried :p
Wish we had thought of this earlier, I'd be willing to throw cash into the pot as well. As it stands it's a pain in the ass to check the EA site because of the video glitch and LM is behind where we are. There's such a large community for online franchises and EA literally just does not give a fuck.

We need sable to come in and save the day for us.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Wtf, DM didn't even get CJ2K'd.

Looking at the standings I just need to stay afloat in the playoff picture. The early wins over Luke, Balb, and Crow give me big time tie-breakers. Also, AJ Green is back.

Edit: Woah @ Balb's schedule - Smokey, Nightz, DM, DCX, Pheeniks, Luke. Gauntlet, especially with Pheeniks finding a grove. Only one easy win in there.

lol, sniping DCX, nice.

LukeSmith

***UPDATED***

NFC Playoff Locks
FMT (9-0)
CB (8-3)
DM (6-4)
AT (8-3) (Wildcard)

NFC in the hunt:
[key matchups are bolded]
  • DCX (5-6) games left: HOU, CAR, JAX, NO, TB
  • GCQ (5-6) games left: ATL, HOU, TB, NO
  • Birdles (6-5) games left: DET, TEN, MIN, ATL, CAR
  • 'Tross (5-5) games left: STL, DAL, SF, CLE, CIN, SEA
  • Bobby (4-7) games left: KC, DEN, SEA, GB, MIN
  • McNeily (6-5) games left: DEN, DET, NO, WAS, CHI

Partially through week 12, the playoff picture is starting to congeal like a jello shot at a Sorority's fall formal. Birdles moves into the picture with 3 key divisional games remaining. DCX and GCQ may be relegated to spoiler status, and Bob is probably out of the playoff picture.

Prediction:
1. FMT
2. CB
3. DM
4. McNeily
5. AT
6. Birdles

AFC
The AFC isn't a clusterfuck as much as it is a competitive nightmare. Good players will miss the playoffs in the AFC - there simply aren't enough good players in the NFC to make the same statement.

12-4 gets you in for sure, 11-5 may get you in. 10 wins probably misses the playoffs.

Playoff Locks
Rors (10-0)

AFC in the Hunt
  • Smokey (9-2) games left: ATL, CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (8-3) games left: CIN, CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (6-4) games left: CLE, PIT, HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (7-4) games left: NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (6-5) games left: MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-5) games left: JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK
  • Sanjo (4-6) games left: IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-5) games left: NYJ, TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE
  • Drizz (4-6) games left: OAK, PHI, BUF, NE, MIA

Wellie has key tiebreakers over other Wildcard teams, but has to get past Pittsburgh and Houston first. Everyone is in the hunt in the AFC East, vying for the right to get knocked out at home on Wildcard Weekend. The game between Crow and Nightz this week will bring this picture into focus. Crow needs to own the tiebreaker and only be down one game before week 17 when Nightz faces the AFC's True Elite - Rors (Fun Fact: Rors team has 21 80+ players making it one of the best teams in the league on paper [and in practice]). Drizzler has to win every game the rest of the way, unfortunately two of those are against Rors and CB, which means this is probably his last appearance in the playoff update this season.

Prediction
1. Rors
2. Smokey
3. Ramirez
4. Mik
5. Wellie
6. Colts

I'm happy with League Manager for now, though I wouldn't mind swapping either because it's such a clunky interface. And if it's like $40 or $70 for all players I think that's not bad at all. I'd happily toss in $10 if that's the case.

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Yeah but is rather get blown out then repeatedly lose by 1-3 points. I dunno if I could handle 2-3 of those let alone in a row.

To me, getting blown out repeatedly would mean that I'm not even competitive and don't belong, lol.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
Losing by 1 and losing by 50 is the same thing!
its not the same thing. losing by one means you have the skill to be able to not only be in games, but one play away from winning. Losing by 50 just means you can't hang with the big boys and you suck.

my point differential is that of a playoff team. My turnovers aren't horrible. It's just closing games out. I have lost 5 of my 6 games in the fourth. Prolly 4 of those five in the last minute :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
its not the same thing. losing by one means you have the skill to be able to not only be in games, but one play away from winning. Losing by 50 just means you can't hang with the big boys and you suck.

my point differential is that of a playoff team. My turnovers aren't horrible. It's just closing games out. I have lost 5 of my 6 games in the fourth. Prolly 4 of those five in the last minute :/

DCX
Now imagine if you didn't have an OP team. :/

Top Bottom