• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

GG, my fault for only rushing 9 times. Definitely should've onside kicked it. Now I prolly got to win out. : \

Sync it FMT, still on last weeks games on LM.

DCX

DCX
gg Smokes. Couldn't do much of anything at all..even when i did i stalled at the 50. At least i scored a TD with rook of the year candidate :)

DCX

DCX said:
gg Smokes. Couldn't do much of anything at all..even when i did i stalled at the 50. At least i scored a TD with rook of the year candidate :)

DCX

Mikel-Leshoure.png

Deal with it

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG, my fault for only rushing 9 times. Definitely should've onside kicked it. Now I prolly got to win out. : \

Sync it FMT, still on last weeks games on LM.
GG.

Man, I sucked on the sticks tonight. Many miscalculated moves. :( lol @ taint off mcfadden's hands. At least catch him! He's an old man!

TheCrow said:
Rookie of the year would've gone to Noel Devine if he didn't get hurt. :(
He's not a defensive player or a QB manned by Luke "Elite" Smith.

We're calling Luke "LES" now.

Go right through for MSU
Watch the points keep growing!
Spartan teams are bound to win
They're fighting with a vim!
Rah!Rah!Rah!

See their team is WEAK
We're going to win this game
Fight! Fight! Rah Team Fight!
Victory for MSU!!!!!

SPARTY ON!!!!

Smokey

DCX said:

DCX

Yep.

Thought the line did a pretty good job blocking Super Mario :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Ramirez, that was a hard fought battle.

Rorschach said:
Wellie's on top of Ram in the 4th. Shutout in the works. o_O

It took a lot of gameplanning and luck. The rain was a good factor. Saved my playoff hopes, phew.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

I just think of him as your 2011 and 2012 rookie of the year candidate

Ramirez

Wellington said:
GG Ramirez, that was a hard fought battle.

It took a lot of gameplanning and luck. The rain was a good factor. Saved my playoff hopes, phew.

GG, as long as you know that scramble to the right and pass back across your body was complete BS, then I'm ok with that game. Only problem is that play led to your only TD, ugh.

This game needs a complete overhaul in the momentum department, you shouldn't be able to be going full speed towards the sideline, stop on a dime, plant your feet,and throw back across the field in less than a second.

Whatever, I knew I'd lose to you eventually, and when Striker beats me twice, the divsion is all yours.

ALSO, can anyone tell me how you properly play man to man in this game? I pick a 2 deep zone man to man, and I get Harrison lined up on AJ Green, like seriously? It happened 2-3 times, and one time my guys went full retard and McFadden started running to the opposite side of the field pre snap causing me to burn a TO. :|

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
GG, as long as you know that scramble to the right and pass back across your body was complete BS, then I'm ok with that game. Only problem is that play led to your only TD, ugh.

This game needs a complete overhaul in the momentum department, you shouldn't be able to be going full speed towards the sideline, stop on a dime, plant your feet,and throw back across the field in less than a second.

Whatever, I knew I'd lose to you eventually, and when Striker beats me twice, the divsion is all yours.

Actually, I think even if you beat Striker and assuming your pending loss to FMT, Wellie wins the division because of the conference record tiebreaker (he beat me, you lost to me). And then you and I could tie for a wildcard spot, but I have that tiebreaker in H2H.

Basically you have to beat FMT

Ramirez said:
ALSO, can anyone tell me how you properly play man to man in this game? I pick a 2 deep zone man to man, and I get Harrison lined up on AJ Green, like seriously? It happened 2-3 times, and one time my guys went full retard and McFadden started running to the opposite side of the field pre snap causing me to burn a TO. :|

I think in that case, if Harrison is covering a wideout, you should flip the nickel pre-snap.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:

I'm ok with that. But what do you call it when I have a TAINT called back because of a clipping penalty that occurred when I was already free and clear of any potential tacklers? Or how about the first play right after that, when Maroney fumbled it right back to you?

If we're going to talk about getting Madden'd, can't leave that sequence out.

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
Actually, I think even if you beat Striker and assuming your pending loss to FMT, Wellie wins the division because of the conference record tiebreaker (he beat me, you lost to me). And then you and I could tie for a wildcard spot, but I have that tiebreaker in H2H.

So much effort by all of us, just to ultimately lose to Rors.

Maroney fumbling it back to me was karma because I barely glanced the left bumper which is why the pass was so wobbly to begin with. :(

Smokey

So this upcoming Texans/Bungles game has all sorts of implications for the AFC playoff picture.

I'm expecting some top level elite cheese from Wells

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Whelp...

Tough break. To think, if it wasn't for turbo jets Peyton Manning, you'd be in this. Even if you had to go WC, you'd have the tie breaker over LES.

[edit] You can still get the second WC spot. Tough road, but it's something. Like the Steelers' WC run to the SB!

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Whelp...

Tough break. To think, if it wasn't for turbo jets Peyton Manning, you'd be in this. Even if you had to go WC, you'd have the tie breaker over LES.

The real sham of my season was losing to the Cardinals.

Even if I beat FMT, Striker has beat me in my past two games against him across Madden/NCAA, stick a fork in me!

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
The real sham of my season was losing to the Cardinals.

Even if I beat FMT, Striker has beat me in my past two games against him across Madden/NCAA, stick a fork in me!
You still have a leg up in the WC race. You have more wins than anyone else in the race.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
good game. i had 3 backup LB's playing for half the game cause you took out the rest. that really sucked. i was playing nickel even against your 3TE sets because i had no one to put out there

And McCoy out for 3 weeks. ugh. this was the worst kind of win

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How is the AFC North a foregone conclusion? I need to beat levious (which I have never done) and I need Striker to win one so I get the divisional record tiebreaker. Smokey is going to beat me pretty good, so I will also need to win against the Cards and Rams. Considering I lost to pheeniks, no win is a given.

LukeSmith

AFC Playoff Picture

If they started today...
1. Rors (12-0)
2. Smokey (10-2)
3. Ramirez (8-4)
4. AFC East Winner
5. Welie (8-4)
6. Colts (7-4)

AFC Wildcard Spectacular
  • Smokey (10-2) games left: CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (8-4) games left: CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (8-4) games left: HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (7-4) games left: NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (6-5) games left: MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-5) games left: JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK

Since Rors says the Wildcard logic is broken, but the division logic is right, let's look at the only interesting division race where the division winner will at least be above .500 - the AFC North.

Ramirez and Wellie are both 8-4 now, with a 1-1 split head to head. Wellie's loss to Levious plays spoiler here and puts Ramirez up in the division tiebreaker by a half game (3-1, 3-2). Wellie has one more division game (Baltimore, week 17), Ramirez has two (Cleveland 2x). In the event those two tie, the tiebreaker goes to conference records, where they are both currently 7-3.

Striker wants a high pick to solve McCoy's problems, ergo I can't imagine him wanting to win one or both of his games against Ramirez - going to four wins moves him from the 1 or the 2 pick all the way down to the 5 or 6. Big drop-off.

So that puts Ramirez up to 10-4, a loss to FMT is 10-5 and then he finishes at 11-5 if he beats Storybook.

If Wellie loses to Houston, he goes to 8-5 and beats Balb, Storybook and Levious (he said he's never beat him because they've only played once). Both finish 11-5, Ramirez finishes a game ahead of him in the division tiebreaker and wins the AFC North.

If Wellie beats Houston, he stays at 4 losses (finishing 12-4) and Ramirez is down a game with a loss to FMT. If he finishes at 11-5 he'll be competing for a spot with Crow (who will finish 11-5, easiest remaining schedule of Wildcard teams) and possibly myself.

But the wildcard logic probably goes haywire and people get screwed!

AFC East Division "Race"
  • Sanjo (5-6) games left: IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-6) games left: TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE
  • Drizz (5-7) games left: PHI, BUF, NE, MIA
  • Ferney (5-6) games left: WAS, KC, PHI, NYG, MIA

The short version. The winner of the division will be no better than 8-8. Everyone in this division has two "guaranteed" losses on their schedule. So it's going to come down to the head to head and division records. Which could end up putting the Drizz in at 8-8.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
good game. i had 3 backup LB's playing for half the game cause you took out the rest. that really sucked. i was playing nickel even against your 3TE sets because i had no one to put out there

And McCoy out for 3 weeks. ugh. this was the worst kind of win

Probably at least partially explains why I was able to run the ball. I also tried to take advantage of you aggressively crashing the line with your FS on almost every run play.

In retrospect I probably should have called more PA.

Was the game choppy for you? There was a lot of really choppy/laggy moments for me, especially that first pick I threw (although I would've been picked either way).

I was directly plugged into my modem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It was inconsistent. like i floated one to Steve Smith on the out route cause it spiked and didnt register correctly. i thought that would be picked off for sure.

And Asante/DRC can cover for me playing closer to the action with my FS

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
AFC Playoff Picture

If they started today...
1. Rors (12-0)
2. Smokey (10-2)
3. Ramirez (8-4)
4. AFC East Winner
5. Welie (8-4)
6. Colts (7-4)

AFC Wildcard Spectacular
  • Smokey (10-2) games left: CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (8-4) games left: CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (8-4) games left: HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (7-4) games left: NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (6-5) games left: MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-5) games left: JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK

Since Rors says the Wildcard logic is broken, but the division logic is right, let's look at the only interesting division race where the division winner will at least be above .500 - the AFC North.

Ramirez and Wellie are both 8-4 now, with a 1-1 split head to head. Wellie's loss to Levious plays spoiler here and puts Ramirez up in the division tiebreaker by a half game (3-1, 3-2). Wellie has one more division game (Baltimore, week 17), Ramirez has two (Cleveland 2x). In the event those two tie, the tiebreaker goes to conference records, where they are both currently 7-3.

Striker wants a high pick to solve McCoy's problems, ergo I can't imagine him wanting to win one or both of his games against Ramirez - going to four wins moves him from the 1 or the 2 pick all the way down to the 5 or 6. Big drop-off.

So that puts Ramirez up to 10-4, a loss to FMT is 10-5 and then he finishes at 11-5 if he beats Storybook.

If Wellie loses to Houston, he goes to 8-5 and beats Balb, Storybook and Levious (he said he's never beat him because they've only played once). Both finish 11-5, Ramirez finishes a game ahead of him in the division tiebreaker and wins the AFC North.

If Wellie beats Houston, he stays at 4 losses (finishing 12-4) and Ramirez is down a game with a loss to FMT. If he finishes at 11-5 he'll be competing for a spot with Crow (who will finish 11-5, easiest remaining schedule of Wildcard teams) and possibly myself.

But the wildcard logic probably goes haywire and people get screwed!

AFC East Division "Race"
  • Sanjo (5-6) games left: IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-6) games left: TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE
  • Drizz (5-7) games left: PHI, BUF, NE, MIA
  • Ferney (5-6) games left: WAS, KC, PHI, NYG, MIA

The short version. The winner of the division will be no better than 8-8. Everyone in this division has two "guaranteed" losses on their schedule. So it's going to come down to the head to head and division records. Which could end up putting the Drizz in at 8-8.

Meanwhile, in the NFC...

tumbleweed_004.jpg

TheCrow

goldlion054 said:
Should have said something. I would have gladly played as the overrated Steelers and cruised my way to a playoff spot!
But they only have 6 players rated higher than 90 on defense.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
But they only have 6 players rated higher than 90 on defense.
Seven. I thought it was 8, but I guess they gave Keisel an 88.

[edit] Damn, Ram. Your OL is almost as bad as mine was before the FA signings. Only thing saving it is C and RT. I only had an 81 LT and that's it.

Ramirez

lol, if the best any of you can come back with is my "overrrated" team, then don't even bother.

No, didn't you know Rors, the Steelers are God's gift to Madden, no flaws! Having .5 seconds to throw a pass against Wellie was all in my head!

Ramirez said:
lol, if the best any of you can come back with is my "overrrated" team, then don't even bother.

No, didn't you know Rors, the Steelers are God's gift to Madden, no flaws! Having .5 seconds to throw a pass against Wellie was all in my head!

lolololol Your o-line is just as bad as mine

Ramirez said:

Every team has a weakness. Steelers are stacked overall

Top Bottom