• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Every team has a weakness. Steelers are stacked overall
Not every team. But yours has a weakness...

Letting go of Alex Smith! He was your heart! Shit's over for you, mr undefeated! Instant Karma's Gonna Get You!

I can haz Carson Palmer?

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Every team has a weakness. Steelers are stacked overall

Yea, but weakest in probably the most important area. Doesn't matter how many weapons I have if plays can't develop, heh.

Anyways, all of my losses except for Albatross have been against the league's elite, not sure why everyone is so quick to jump on the OP team bandwagon to talk trash, so cliche.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Rors team has 22 guys over 80!
1 of them I don't even use. :cool: I'm the nu-giants after the FA upgrade. You all had your shot at these players smh.

C O'Hara FA
WR LLoyd Trade
WR Owens FA
RG Leonard FA
LT Starks FA
ROLB Bulluck FA
LE Scott Never used

under 80: Johnson FA

7 starters through FA. Feels Goodman. And I went exactly for what I said: OL help (3/5ths of my line is FA) and WRs (both starting WRs). Money meets mouth. :)

[edit] And it's only 20. Stop counting kickers!

[edit2]LLoyd/TO already leading team in receiving and TDs for receivers even though they got a late start. So good.

McNei1y

TheCrow said:
Mcneily, you around?

Sorry been away all night. I'm down to play some tomorrow night or whenever. Not sure if I'll be around during the day so I'm guessing tomorrow night is perfect.

TheCrow

McNei1y said:
Sorry been away all night. I'm down to play some tomorrow night or whenever. Not sure if I'll be around during the day so I'm guessing tomorrow night is perfect.
Sunday night is fine by me.

Rorschach

I'm behind the times on the iPhone4s because I wasn't in the market for a new phone, but it doesn't have 4G? Pfft. What's the point?

Smokey

Rorschach said:
I'm behind the times on the iPhone4s because I wasn't in the market for a new phone, but it doesn't have 4G? Pfft. What's the point?

Cuz if you don't have an Iphone...well..you don't have an Iphone.

OG EVO 4G ftw

Striker

Levious, what time is good for you today? What about Monday? I work again tonight, but I am off Monday (night) and also Tuesday.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Striker said:
Levious, what time is good for you today? What about Monday? I work again tonight, but I am off Monday (night) and also Tuesday.

monday night is good for me, I'll be home after 6:30 est, would prefer early but I'll be flexible.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Luke:

If you don't lose any games, you'll be tied record wise with Smokey at the end of the year at 12-4. You could win the division on tie-breakers. You can do it!

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Luke:

If you don't lose any games, you'll be tied record wise with Smokey at the end of the year at 12-4. You could win the division on tie-breakers. You can do it!

Nah I think Smokey holds the cards if we're both 12-4, I have an extra division loss that he doesn't currently. Plus, I've never beat Balb!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Post for new page

LukeSmith said:
AFC Playoff Picture

If they started today...
1. Rors (12-0)
2. Smokey (10-2)
3. Ramirez (8-4)
4. AFC East Winner
5. Welie (8-4)
6. Colts (7-4)

AFC Wildcard Spectacular
  • Smokey (10-2) games left: CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (8-4) games left: CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (8-4) games left: HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (7-4) games left: NE, BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (6-5) games left: MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-5) games left: JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK

Since Rors says the Wildcard logic is broken, but the division logic is right, let's look at the only interesting division race where the division winner will at least be above .500 - the AFC North.

Ramirez and Wellie are both 8-4 now, with a 1-1 split head to head. Wellie's loss to Levious plays spoiler here and puts Ramirez up in the division tiebreaker by a half game (3-1, 3-2). Wellie has one more division game (Baltimore, week 17), Ramirez has two (Cleveland 2x). In the event those two tie, the tiebreaker goes to conference records, where they are both currently 7-3.

Striker wants a high pick to solve McCoy's problems, ergo I can't imagine him wanting to win one or both of his games against Ramirez - going to four wins moves him from the 1 or the 2 pick all the way down to the 5 or 6. Big drop-off.

So that puts Ramirez up to 10-4, a loss to FMT is 10-5 and then he finishes at 11-5 if he beats Storybook.

If Wellie loses to Houston, he goes to 8-5 and beats Balb, Storybook and Levious (he said he's never beat him because they've only played once). Both finish 11-5, Ramirez finishes a game ahead of him in the division tiebreaker and wins the AFC North.

If Wellie beats Houston, he stays at 4 losses (finishing 12-4) and Ramirez is down a game with a loss to FMT. If he finishes at 11-5 he'll be competing for a spot with Crow (who will finish 11-5, easiest remaining schedule of Wildcard teams) and possibly myself.

But the wildcard logic probably goes haywire and people get screwed!

AFC East Division "Race"
  • Sanjo (5-6) games left: IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (5-6) games left: TEN, SD, MIA, DEN, NE
  • Drizz (5-7) games left: PHI, BUF, NE, MIA
  • Ferney (5-6) games left: WAS, KC, PHI, NYG, MIA

The short version. The winner of the division will be no better than 8-8. Everyone in this division has two "guaranteed" losses on their schedule. So it's going to come down to the head to head and division records. Which could end up putting the Drizz in at 8-8.

Nah I think Smokey holds the cards if we're both 12-4, I have an extra division loss that he doesn't currently. Plus, I've never beat Balb!

Ah yeah. :( Oh well, tied 12-4. Sucks you'll lose out on the bye because of it. :/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
He was Dallas for a portion of Madden 11, and stomped the shit out of me both times.

I only stomped you once, and that was our playoff matchup... so, uh, three times I guess... :)

Somnia

Albatrosssssssssssssssssss

alba1.jpg

Ferny

LiveWire said:
Where is Ferny? I've PMed him, posted in the thread.
Its NFL sunday brah not usually on during today. I replied to your PM...not going to be home today but I'll be free during the week.

McNei1y

Aww shit. The EA servers are down at the perfect time between my schedule for a game.

Edit: Complaining always makes stuff better. Servers came up 2 minutes later.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, the league barely advanced to this week last night. we advance on wednesday at 9 pm pst

lol, I must have missed that.

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to look at the schedule but whoever I play I should be around tomorrow evening.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Albatross said:
I wonder how the tie-breakers are handled. I'm tied with the saints for the last playoff spot in the NFC. I've got one guaranteed loss left.
Yeah and you also have to play FMT, that's gonna suck.

LukeSmith

AFC Playoff Picture

If they started today...
1. Rors (12-0)
2. Smokey (10-2)
3. Ramirez (8-4)
4. AFC East Winner
5. Welie (8-4)
6. Colts (8-4)

AFC Wildcard Spectacular
  • Smokey (10-2) games left: CIN, CAR, IND, TEN
  • Ramirez (8-4) games left: CLE, SF, STL, CLE
  • Wellie (8-4) games left: HOU, STL, ARI, BAL
  • Colts (8-4) games left: BAL, TEN, HOU, JAX
  • Crow (6-6) games left: MIN, CHI, NE, BUF, KC
  • Nightz (6-5) games left: JAX, BUF, BAL, DET, OAK

The Crow loss and Nightz week 17 game with Rors put the AFC West Wildcard candidates at 6 losses at the season's end (best case for both guys). This slides the win total for Wild card berths down to 5 and slightly loosens up the remainder of the schedule for the rest of the Wildcard candidates.

Crow will probably tank to go 6-10 and get a better pick since he probably can't make the playoffs!

AFC East Division "Race"
  • Sanjo (5-7) games left: WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF
  • Mik (6-6) games left: SD, MIA, DEN, NE
  • Drizz (5-7) games left: PHI, BUF, NE, NYJ
  • Ferney (5-6) games left: WAS, KC, PHI, NYG, MIA

The short version. The winner of the division will be no better than 8-8. Everyone in this division has two "guaranteed" losses on their schedule. So it's going to come down to the head to head and division records. Which could end up putting the Drizz in at 8-8.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Drizz doesn't play Miami--he is Miami. And the Bills are 6-6 and don't have to play TEN anymore.

Ferny is playing pretty well right now, too. So, I wouldn't count him out even though he still has to play the Giants and the Dream Team. It's gonna be a wild finish--the race for mediocrity always is!

Top Bottom