• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
has anyone figured out why only defensive players get hurt??
Yousonofabitch.

I need to make round of the playoffs to get Gresham back, and I need to make the Super Bowl to play with Benson. :jnc

BigAT

I lost Manningham for 8 weeks last game.

GG eznark, rain games are stupid. Giants finally got off the schnide and break a 3-game losing streak.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i turn weather on people complain

i turn weather off people complain

is this how a democracy works?!
Democracy works by voting, not listening to every whim of every player that just got screwed by X.

...unless it's something egregious like Manning rocket sledding.

Smokey

eznark said:
has anyone figured out why only defensive players get hurt??

Uh Owen Daniels has been out for the year since week 1...

Leave rain on. It is what it is. It changes the dynamics of the game but that's part of it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the only players ive had out for extended time is Offensive players.

McCoy and Jax. Both two seperate times

Nightz

Ryan Mathews loves hanging out with Bob Sanders on the injured list.

I'm still waiting for Balb. Posted here, sent a PM, even messaged him while he was on XBL. No response.

Ramirez

If we're gonna use "it's a part of the game" excuse, why are we allowing players that are injured in RL to play in the franchise? It's a part of the game, why aren't we doing it?

Put it to a vote. Last I had read you turned weather off due to the frequency of it, then me and Wellie play, it's raining, and I had no idea that you had turned it back on.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
If we're gonna use "it's a part of the game" excuse, why are we allowing players that are injured in RL to play in the franchise? It's a part of the game, why aren't we doing it?
...because injuries are already on? That's a really weak comparison.

I don't care either way. I'm for the status quo on this one, I guess.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the only real big player that was injured before we started way Pey Pey. and even then, the Colts didnt put him on IR. that kinda leaves his options open.

Your comparing something very subjective to weather.

McNei1y

Ramirez said:

What? Weather and injuries are part of the game, no matter how random they can be. I don't see how real life injuries has anything to do with our season since that stuff is separate from real life. I don't care what we do with it but for now my vote is for keeping weather on since it changes the dynamic of games.

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i turn weather on people complain

i turn weather off people complain

is this how a democracy works?!

I'm not saying to turn rain games off. I just hate playing in them. For whatever reason my offense really sucks in the rain (not that it is ever particularly good). It feels like Finley and Starks can never, ever make it out of a cut without falling on their ass. It is what it is.

Great, we now have listed a handful of offensive players that have been hurt, as though that negates the fact that the vast majority of injuries happen to defensive players. And the game would be far less realistic if Owen Daniels remained healthy for an entire year.

Striker

Does wind include into weather? I would guess no, but I never really looked.

I have a QB who has low THP thus it effects him more than any other QB not named Ryan Fitzpatrick. I just deal with it. I'm not the biggest fan of rain games, but it happens. I'm curious if I get some snow games later in the season.

BigAT

I'm pretty sure wind counts as weather. The game FMT and I played with weather off, the wind was 0 MPH after being 10+ MPH in each of the 4 games that got restarted.

I don't mind the occasional rain game, it's just that the frequency of them, even post-patch, is obnoxious. Maybe it's because my team is in the northeast, but it seems like they still happen a fair amount.

eznark

Banned
Striker said:
Does wind include into weather? I would guess no, but I never really looked.

I have a QB who has low THP thus it effects him more than any other QB not named Ryan Fitzpatrick. I just deal with it. I'm not the biggest fan of rain games, but it happens. I'm curious if I get some snow games later in the season.

The wind and rain have a serious impact on Rodgers accuracy as well, so it's not just a problem for marginal QB's. I can't even imagine what it must be like for the Cowboys or 49ers with those garbage QB's.

Smokey

On.

Otherwise why not just have everyone play in the dome in St. Louis or whatever. I know you can't pick where you want to play in Franchise, but my point stands.

McNei1y said:
What? Weather and injuries are part of the game, no matter how random they can be. I don't see how real life injuries has anything to do with our season since that stuff is separate from real life. I don't care what we do with it but for now my vote is for keeping weather on since it changes the dynamic of games.

exactly

On!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
On.

Otherwise why not just have everyone play in the dome in St. Louis or whatever. I know you can't pick where you want to play in Franchise, but my point stands.
Exactly. Just pick a dome team next time.

On

Surprised old man DM hasn't exploded about this lol

Smokey

Rain games suck in the sense that receivers slip coming out of cuts, the ball sails etc etc. Both sides have to adjust and figure out a way to grind out a win in less than optimal conditions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Rain games suck in the sense that receivers slip coming out of cuts, the ball sails etc etc. Both sides have to adjust and figure out a way to grind out a win in less than optimal conditions.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that the only reason I won against Ramirez was the rain (and that bs scramble/throw). I hope it rains when you and I play so I can make the playoffs and I'll need it again in the first round. Keep it on boys, please. :/

Birdman02

Weather just adds another element of random stupidity to the game...the same as man-lock not working, DBs/LBs not making plays on the ball, and QBs randomly making terrible throws with zero pressure. It also gives people another excuse to use when they lose, so we might as well keep it on.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
who wouldn't want a snow game in the playoffs? I've always enjoyed weather in football games.

Plus season 3's super bowl should be in the Meadowlands right? Most likely will be a snow game.

Sanjuro

Off. I'm not some neckbeard preaching the need for realistic intangible & gritty elements while holding a video game controller. Simple fact is the game runs poorly online to begin with. If rain only makes it a fraction worse, why bother frustrating even a single member in the league?

Smokey

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Off. I'm not some neckbeard preaching the need for realistic intangible & gritty elements while holding a video game controller. Simple fact is the game runs poorly online to begin with. If rain only makes it a fraction worse, why bother frustrating even a single member in the league?

lol

also get better internet.

Birdman02

GG Goldlion. Just basically killed my playoff chances. I couldn't stop the run when I needed to. It was kinda funny watching Nick Fairley pull away from Colston on that fumble return TD.

GG Bird.

Mikel Leshoure and my O-line came up huge for me. And Megatron made huge plays when he needed to. He bounced off 2 tacklers and dragged a few more into the endzone for the GW TD. I can't believe how much I missed Stafford after he went down =(

Drew Brees was threading some passes man. Triple coverage? No problem! Blew my secondary up. The TD pass you had in the first half was so frustrating. I got maddened by the cpu switching/abandoning coverage on the routes =(

Birdman02 said:
GG Goldlion. Just basically killed my playoff chances. I couldn't stop the run when I needed to. It was kinda funny watching Nick Fairley pull away from Colston on that fumble return TD.

That was ridiculous. I thought you just gave up on it haha

Birdman02

goldlion054 said:
GG Bird.

Mikel Leshoure and my O-line came up huge for me. And Megatron made huge plays when he needed to. He bounced off 2 tacklers and dragged a few more into the endzone for the GW TD. I can't believe how much I missed Stafford after he went down =(

Drew Brees was threading some passes man. Triple coverage? No problem! Blew my secondary up. The TD pass you had in the first half was so frustrating. I got maddened by the cpu switching/abandoning coverage on the routes =(

That was ridiculous. I thought you just gave up on it haha

Nah, I was in full chase mode until about the 5 yd line, but Fairley kicked it into another gear
...2nd

The biggest thing for me was losing Vilma. My defense went completely stupid after he got hurt. Not to mention that Leshoure could not be tackled 1-on-1 by anyone else on my team.

That Megatron TD was so ridiculous. My LB had him squared up as he made a catch in full stride, but he couldn't make the tackle. There is no way that tackle should have been broken.

Ramirez

Birdman02 said:
Weather just adds another element of random stupidity to the game...the same as man-lock not working, DBs/LBs not making plays on the ball, and QBs randomly making terrible throws with zero pressure. It also gives people another excuse to use when they lose, so we might as well keep it on.

This is my main problem with it, but whatever.

No one answered my question about man defense either, is it not possible to get your other CB to cover a twins formation? Does Tiburon even know this problem exists, or that man lock is broken? I'd like to see these fixes in a patch instead of reducing the frequency of rain games in franchise mode.

Weather isn't nearly as bad now that every game isn't in the rain. It was far worse when every Patriots, Giants, Jets, Packers, etc., home game was in a down pour.

levious said:
who wouldn't want a snow game in the playoffs? I've always enjoyed weather in football games.

Plus season 3's super bowl should be in the Meadowlands right? Most likely will be a snow game.

Having played through franchise games as New England offline, I've never seen snow in Madden Franchise. In fact, like, week 13, in Foxborough in my last homegame, it was 72 and sunny.

EA always just screws up the weather. I don't get it. Pre-patch, every home game for the Pats was pouring rain, with 65 - 75 temperatures. Like Monsoon season or something. Post patch, it's not raining, but you regularly get 65+ days in New England. I had a 65degree night game, like week 12 recently. Comparatively, in real life, it's dropped into the 30s most nights the last two weeks in real life... and we're in week 6 or 7 or something in the NFL season.

I just don't get why EA doesn't plan out the weeks, program in average weather, and then just throw in a randomizer for each game. Like, here's the average temperature and it should rarely (say, 1/15 times) deviate more than 10-degrees from the average, and then here's the type of weather you get in late November in New England, and then have a randomizer. Instead it just seems like chaos... January playoff games at 72 degrees and pouring; AFC championship at 69 degrees and sunny? Makes no sense.

Ramirez said:

No one answered my question about man defense either, is it not possible to get your other CB to cover a twins formation? Does Tiburon even know this problem exists, or that man lock is broken? I'd like to see these fixes in a patch instead of reducing the frequency of rain games in franchise mode.

I dunno about the man coverage, but rain games in franchise mode nearly ruined franchise for me. I had 12 home games as the Patriots in season 1 offline franchise (preseason, regular, and post season), and 10 of them were in pouring rain, one of them was in light rain, I think one of them was a sunny day with 25mph winds.

with the amount that rain effected the game, causing WR's to slip, QB's to throw slowly, etc., it almost ruined the game. All I could do was run, so Ben Jarvis green Ellis got like 1800+ yards on the ground, while Brady threw 10 TDs and 20 Ints. It had to be fixed.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
online franchise games definitely get snow in the playoffs, pretty sloppy if offline doesn't work right, I never mess with it though.

Maybe offline franchise does that live weather thing that they hyped in years prior? Online seems to make sense as far as weather/temp throughout a season. Although I haven't gone through a full season in this version, nor have I really paid attention to it.

BigAT

Ramirez said:

It's not possible to have both your CBs cover WRs sometimes, it depends purely on what play the offense calls and there's nothing you can really do about it. That's why I was bitching about it a while ago, it breaks the defense.

Top Bottom