• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
It's not possible to have both your CBs cover WRs sometimes, it depends purely on what play the offense calls and there's nothing you can really do about it. That's why I was bitching about it a while ago, it breaks the defense.
Sometimes I've had luck with either pressing, backing off, or doing man-align. The guy just finds his way over. I've also audibled into man or hybrid man D's that have the guy lined up correctly at the LOS. It's a pain in the ass, just have to recognize it quickly. I don't remember seeing a matchup problem against you other than the one in which you called a TO.

daw840

Without actually scrolling over to the person and controlling them, how do you guys actually know who is on who? I have a 65 inch TV in 1080p and can't hardly read the number on the players. Even then I don't have every player's number memorized.

McNei1y

daw840 said:
Without actually scrolling over to the person and controlling them, how do you guys actually know who is on who? I have a 65 inch TV in 1080p and can't hardly read the number on the players. Even then I don't have every player's number memorized.

I'm sort of confused by what you're referring to.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
maybe this is why they create so many fast coverage LBs in the draft classes...

daw840

McNei1y said:
I'm sort of confused by what you're referring to.

By just looking at the screen, and not highlighting the player, how do you know what defender is covering what receiver. I mean, I can see the lines when I pull the trigger but I wouldn't really know if it's Flowers or Carr or Hali or whoever unless I hold B and put the icon under them. I wish is pulled up the last names of the defenders/receivers when you pulled the trigger.

Wellington said:
Typically if it's an LB that lines up over a WR they slide over when you get to the LOS so I can usually see them sneak over.

Yeah, I've seen this before.

Mrbob

In honor of the beat down Chicago gave Tampa in London, I'll keep posting this Forte Madden style juke each page for DM to bask in its glory!

FORTE-JUKE.gif

BigAT

daw840 said:
I'm so used to having it break on me that I pay close attention now when the huddle is broken and I can tell whether it's an LB moving to cover twins or the CB from the other side.

McNei1y

daw840 said:
By just looking at the screen, and not highlighting the player, how do you know what defender is covering what receiver. I mean, I can see the lines when I pull the trigger but I wouldn't really know if it's Flowers or Carr or Hali or whoever unless I hold B and put the icon under them. I wish is pulled up the last names of the defenders/receivers when you pulled the trigger.

Ooooh okay. Yeah I agree with the bolded part. I sort of just know who I have covering someone when I choose the play only because I never do any of the sub packages or swap the corners and such so whenever they break out of the huddle my corners are usually on the same side as always as well as my linebackers. It does become an issue when my defense has been on the field after awhile because I forget who's been subbed out for a break and such. If I start using sub packages, which I've never thought about doing, then I can see it being more of an issue.

Smokey

I'm sorry but I just wanted to say DAT BF3 MP. Oh mah god. The sound :O. The graphics :O. 64 players in jets, tanks, jumping off cliffs :O :O

LiveWire

Smokey said:
I'm sorry but I just wanted to say DAT BF3 MP. Oh mah god. The sound :O. The graphics :O. 64 players in jets, tanks, jumping off cliffs :O :O

I wish I could get the Master Race version but I think I'll be stuck on 360 or PS3. :(

Smokey said:

tempted to get it but i'll play it once or twice, get destroyed in MP, and then the game will never be played again!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tempted to get it but i'll play it once or twice, get destroyed in MP, and then the game will never be played again!

yah i agree

never forget you looking down in a toilet during our Perfect Dark XBL match lool

LiveWire said:
I wish I could get the Master Race version but I think I'll be stuck on 360 or PS3. :(

If you can get it on PC there shouldn't be a thought process on which version to go with.

Smokey said:
yah i agree

never forget you looking down in a toilet during our Perfect Dark XBL match lool

If you can get it on PC there shouldn't be a thought process on which version to go with.

i just don't got what it takes outside of sports games and fighting games.

actually, outside of sports football games and some fighting games!

LiveWire

Smokey said:

Of course. I was inferring that I'm assuming my PC doesn't have the horsepower to play BF3 like it was meant to be played. Still on a Core2Duo with a Radeon HD4950 or some shit. :/

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
This is my main problem with it, but whatever.

No one answered my question about man defense either, is it not possible to get your other CB to cover a twins formation? Does Tiburon even know this problem exists, or that man lock is broken? I'd like to see these fixes in a patch instead of reducing the frequency of rain games in franchise mode.
I noticed it only happens with certain blitzes, but I'm using 4-3. I don't know how it works in 3-4. You could just try man locking at the beginning of the game.

also, 3 of my 4 starting LB's are now injured. haralson went down early in the game.... i had 2 #54's out there (larry grant and stephen cooper). pwill and haralson are both back next week thankfully! brooks still has 2 more weeks out :/

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg story, really fortunate to win that one. the redzone pick you threw was a killer. my defense is really average without pwill.... especially run D :(

Yep, bad decision plus a little lag and bang, that's the game changer.

GG FMT

Nightz

GG man. You had me biting my nails on that last drive of yours. I was fortunate and guessed right on that pick. You had been killing me with those slants on the left side, so I thought that there would be a good chance you'd go in that direction again. Thankfully it didn't doink off my defender's hands.

LukeSmith

Nightz said:
GG man. You had me biting my nails on that last drive of yours. I was fortunate and guessed right on that pick. You had been killing me with those slants on the left side, so I thought that there would be a good chance you'd go in that direction again. Thankfully it didn't doink off my defender's hands.

Was it the Trips wideout slant to the inside guy?

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Sometimes I've had luck with either pressing, backing off, or doing man-align. The guy just finds his way over. I've also audibled into man or hybrid man D's that have the guy lined up correctly at the LOS. It's a pain in the ass, just have to recognize it quickly. I don't remember seeing a matchup problem against you other than the one in which you called a TO.

There was the one where I called a TO, and two other instances where Harrison was lined up against Green, I know you saw it one time, because you hiked it pretty quickly and forced it to him even though I took Foote towards him at the beginning of the play. :p

I think it has a lot to do with how many passing yards I've given up, I stay away from man 95% of the time because I know I'll have a slow OLB matched up against a WR. Then throw in the abysmal pressure I get, and people just wait for their WRs to outrun my zone.

Another question, in the 2-4-5, Harrison is basically a DE, am I allowed to control him on a pass rush?

Ramirez said:
Another question, in the 2-4-5, Harrison is basically a DE, am I allowed to control him on a pass rush?

If I understand it right, as long as the player is lined up in a 3 point stance you're okay. So if he really is a DE like Wake is in some of the nickels, then you're good or I may have broken some rules.

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
If I understand it right, as long as the player is lined up in a 3 point stance you're okay. So if he really is a DE like Wake is in some of the nickels, then you're either good or I've been breaking the rules occasionally.

He's not in a 3 point stance, but him and Woodley are basically DE's in every 2-4-5 formation unless I audible them into coverage. The reason I ask is because they line up basically right in front of the OL, so it's not like they're off the line and I can just go around easily, I would still have to perform moves to get by.

Thought if they're right on the line they'd automatically be in the 3 point unless you put him in that gap or something. Not sure on this tho. Try moving them up a little bit closer to the OL?

Ramirez said:
There was the one where I called a TO, and two other instances where Harrison was lined up against Green, I know you saw it one time, because you hiked it pretty quickly and forced it to him even though I took Foote towards him at the beginning of the play. :p

I think it has a lot to do with how many passing yards I've given up, I stay away from man 95% of the time because I know I'll have a slow OLB matched up against a WR. Then throw in the abysmal pressure I get, and people just wait for their WRs to outrun my zone.

i have the same set. you can use the player if he is in the 3 point stance. sometimes i have to manually change to the DE and move him more inside and closer to the tackle and he will get in the 3 point stance.

as a rule of thumb: if the defender is not in a 3 point stance, you can't manually blitz the QB with him.

in other news, i have attempted to sync since yesterday. yesterday it said "syncing is down for maintenance" and now it just times out. so.... yeah

Smokey

From Uncharted IGN (lol) review:

When I rant about why Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the firefights, the new ability to throw grenades back at enemies or collecting the game's 101 well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Drake is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks.

This is some Charmin soft embarrassing type shit right here.

Top Bottom